UK: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/435313/holiday-surprise-box-2016 £5 = 6€
AU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/au/product/435318/holiday-surprise-box-2016 $A9 = 6.4€
EU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/435323/holiday-surprise-box-2016 6.5€
NA: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435312/holiday-surprise-box-2016-pc-download $10 = 9.5€

LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII

GOETIA [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN INTRO PACK [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD [PC DOWNLOAD]

20% Off Next Purchase (Digital Catalog Games Only, exclude Preorder) - (usable 1 time)

50% Off HITMAN Upgrade Pack [PC Download] - (usable 1 time) <-- -75% at gamestop for Full Pack and Upgrade Pack

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/hitman-upgrade-pack/128559
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hitman-full-experience/123742

According to my sources, EU might work as guest checkout. But there's no guarantees.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Can I brought this and active the product on my SEA Steam Account?
Or this will be region locked?

7 years ago

I'm currently in India but can access the EU store. If I buy now, will I be able to activate the keys once I return home (I live in Israel)?

7 years ago

From the previous boxes, I made 3 giveaways and my winners were from Belarus, Japan and US. All of them activated my EU keys without any problems. Hope it helps... somewhat.

7 years ago

I think that EU and other "expensive" regions typically get ROW keys. My concern is that being in India I'll get region locked keys. I guess I better wait till I'm back.

7 years ago

I think, but can not confirm, there has been region locks in the past. I think it was an error though due to German censorship and everyone getting the censored German copy.

I'd guess you are safe.

7 years ago

The last pre-order date is Dec 19, so I should probably wait with the purchase till I'm back (on the 16th), just in case. Better safe than sorry.

7 years ago

Ah yes! I'd wait if you can, :) of course you can refund in the EU if things go horribly wrong as well, so you are somewhat protected. Make sure you remember when you get back! It's a great deal!

7 years ago

Got one. I've gotten every box they've released so far, and I've not been disappointed yet even though I own everything they have on Steam except for the new Hitman, Just Cause 3, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. I doubt those will be in this though.

Dragon Quest Heroes would be a nice surprise. It would make a great gift for a friend.

7 years ago*

Never gotten one of their holiday boxes before and there was always at least 1 item I was interested in, so thought I'd give it a go this time.
Fingers crossed.

7 years ago

These games will be steam key or download from square enix site ? and they region-lock or not ?

7 years ago

In my experience Square Enix games are usually region locked.
As for the Steam vs Download matter:

Click the Instructions button for each product and read the installation guide carefully.
When applicable, use the Download button to proceed with the download of your product and the Unlock the activation key button to reveal the activation key, serial number or license linked to your product.

However, since I haven't gotten any of their previous boxes, I can't vouch for this information.

7 years ago

I try buy it but paypal lock from thailand. Maybe a high chance region-lock.

Guess I miss this deal. so sad.

7 years ago

Aw bummer :/
Maybe try again a bit later just to make sure, the box won't be revealed til the 19th I believe, you never know!

7 years ago

Which games are region locked then? Only heard 1 or 2 games that were region locked from SE.

7 years ago

I didn't claim all their games are region locked and went on to state I can't vouch for any of this information.
I can remember off the top of my head that one of my friends was having issues with FF XIV A realm Reborn as well as Heavensward being region locked.
I have also been told there were issues with the Collectors editions of Hitman and Tomb Raider.

7 years ago

I've only heard about FF XIV, but that's a MMO.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Imho 50/50...

Hitman is pretty much nailed on, episode 1 which will generate additional sales. They will add a Final Fantasy game almost certainly too. Its whether they can squeeze that in as well as having another episidic game and keeping it within £50.

My guess would be it will not be in the bundle, but for the price, its probably worth taking the gamble.

7 years ago

Thanks. Bought.

7 years ago

I know that a lot of people asked but since I'm from latin-america this games are region-lock? Should I buy in the NA or EU store?

7 years ago

I don't think Square Enix games are going to be region locked, except from FFXIV (also VI and V) which is not be available in SEA at all afaik. Even if they do have any locks, I believe you'll pretty much be safe by buying from NA store though.

7 years ago*

Why is it always only creditcard or paypal cries

7 years ago

I'm from US and bought it in EU for $7.08. Crossing my fingers for Life is Strange Complete! (If the bundle sucks, refund!)

7 years ago

For €6.49 it's a no-brainer... preordered, like I always do when I can :3
This time, there will be 7 games instead of the usual 5, so I'm sure there will be a few older Eidos games.
My guess would be:

• Lightning Returns - pretty much confirmed, as they included XIII and XIII-2 in the last two bundles;
  • 1 or 2 of the cheapest Final Fantasy games, possibly the bundle with Final Fantasy IV and After Years (which would count as 2 games while being cheaper);
  • Hitman Intro Pack and a coupon for the complete experience - to attract new players, like they did with Life is Strange last year;
  • 1 of the "GO" games - most likely Lara Croft GO;
  • fill the rest with older Eidos games - Deus EX: Invisible War is highly likely, as they have given all the others in past bundles;
  • coupons for some of their newest games, like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I am Setsuna.
7 years ago

I Am Setsuna is squeenix of course! You filled me with new unrealistic hope!

Also, those guess are pretty much on the money for me, except I'd squeeze in Just Cause 3 because I've just got a feeling they're going to. I don't know why, pricing seems off, but it makes sense to me for it to be the lead title. I'd also not put 3 FF games in their but as a dick move HITMAN prologue and episide 1 classed as 2 games?

They don't usually shine on one of their titles too much, 3 games for FF would seem a bit overkill whilst barely promoting Tomb Raider another of their huge assets. Lara Croft Go is a bit too new for it to be the GO game but a GO game is also nailed on for me, with HITMAN also being nailed on you're probably right with Lara Croft Go.

7 years ago

Never bought the Surprise Boxes before, but there are always some games that I've been interested in. So I'll give it a chance now. Is the content from NA and EU store the same?

EDIT: Australians browsing the EU store will be redirected to the home page. But the surprise box can also be purchased from here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/au/product/435318/holiday-surprise-box-2016

Priced at AU$8.99, which is slightly cheaper than the current Euro exchange rate (6.5€ = AU$9.23).

7 years ago*

Yup.

7 years ago

Cool, thanks.

7 years ago

added to op.

7 years ago

Considering we get seven games this year rather than five, I'm guessing they are going to be seven disappointments. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

7 years ago

You're likely to get access to an MMO and a discount code rather than 7 actual games, probably 5 and two "somethings".

7 years ago

It specifically says '7 awesome games', which won't include discount codes, but the MMO thing is totally plausible.

7 years ago

I've just remembered, they have some multi-game packs such as the Kane and Lynch collection, so it's probably something like that which is lifting it above the usual five.

7 years ago

Tomb Raider/Just Cause 3 multi-pack of course ;) :P

7 years ago

Ty for the heads up!

Bought it from EU - and i'm at SA. No trouble at all. (No VPN required or anything)

7 years ago

[SOLVED]I've never bought any of those boxes before but I am interested. question to all captains out there.

1. Are these steam keys?
  2. If they are steam keys, can I gift the games that I already own?
  3. My region is not there, can I buy from NA, EU or other regions?

thanks captain Wallister and ExtremussPrime.

7 years ago*

2 captures to reply. Second img is the last post before yours.

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Thanks captain!

7 years ago

1. Yes
  2. Previously they have had separate keys so yes.
  3. Yes, but with the risk of perhaps not being able to activate your game if they are region locked.
7 years ago

Thanks captain!

7 years ago

"Since they´ll be delivered as individual games, you´ll be able to spread the festive cheer by gifting them to your friends!"

Confirmed (EU at least)

7 years ago

I'm tempted...
Because I hope "history repeats itself" :D

in 2013 -> Tomb Raider -> Release date March 2013 --->2013 Christmas Box
in 2016 -> Rise of the Tomb Raider -> Release date Feb 2016...
(RotTR is pegi18)

yeah, I know, I'm fooling myself

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Maybe the game without the 20 Year Celebration. One can hope

7 years ago

No surprise boxes. I can have game (s) in box.

7 years ago

The question is will the Turing Test be in it?
Doubts doubts doubts.

7 years ago

No or very very unlikely.

Simply because Square Enix doesn't own the game, they just published it, so Bulkhead Studios would likely have to approve it too (and get some money).

Alternatively: Keep all profits by yourself and just add some random game from back catalogue.

(Same for other Collective games too)

7 years ago

I'm afraid you are right. But you got to dream right?

7 years ago

Are these going to be Steam keys?

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I'm from NA so it doesn't show this for me :U

7 years ago

You Americans get all Desura keys. Happy Christmas!

7 years ago

I snort-laughed. Well done.

7 years ago

Yeah, you're right. It's rare that it's not there. If you have wanna confirm it by yourself, ask their support. The screenshot was taken from EU shop.

7 years ago

Tried nabbing the UK price with VPN, they required SMS, they sent it to my mobile (in my REAL region), I verified and now I'm awaiting confirmation which should arrive in 48 hours (actual human involved?).
I guess I won't be getting the lowest price for this :)

Edit: And order was just confirmed! Yay :) (still no PayPal mail that I actually got billed though)

7 years ago*

halp!

7 years ago

I'm actually considering buying one box (it would be my first!). I'm kinda sad I've missed the previous ones since they all came packed with so many great games.

7 years ago

Hmm, very tempting... I don't think I'd be interested in, say, Hitman, but would definitely be interested in getting another FF game or something.

7 years ago

Are these STEAM KEYS? Or DIRECT DOWNLOADS?

7 years ago

putting a comment just in case it got answered

7 years ago

steam keys -.-

7 years ago

I keep being tempted to go for this until I realize the only Square Enix game I want is Life is Strange, which is regularly cheaper than this bundle, lol

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.