Hi everyone!
I have stated card of USA bank (prepaiddigitalsolutions) with $0.26 left on balance. I can't use it because of fees.
I believe there is no fee if you use it in USA (idk)

So leave a message here and contact me in Steam if you interested.

Please do not write here your opinions about how not worthy this deal. This thread is for those who interested only

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The paradox of people who would not bother with that card, but would still bend down to pick up a penny from the ground. ;)

4 years ago

4 years ago

Not that paradox. Doesn't it supposedly give good luck to pick up a found penny?
Also... then you have a penny :P

4 years ago

Repeat that 1000 times and you'll get $10

4 years ago

Can't argue with that logic :D

4 years ago

Repeat that 1000 times and you'll get $10

And a mild calisthenics workout.

View attached image.
4 years ago

If you are a superstitious person then it is lucky only if it is heads facing up. Apparently tails is bad luck.

But none of us are superstitious so it doesn't matter :P Besides, every penny/cent counts in today's market!

4 years ago

Interesting. I did not know that, that it matters which side is facing upwards.
But I have to admit I'm kind of superstitious when it suits me.

But anyway: In my country (Austria) we have a saying:

Wer den Groschen nicht ehrt ist den Schilling nicht wert.

which roughly translates to: Who doesn't honor the penny doesn't deserve the buck.

4 years ago

If it's facing the wrong way, just have an Australian friend pick it up, for them it should be reversed.

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

Heh, funny. In the Netherlands we have basically the same saying, but valuta-independent:

Wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weert

translated: those that do not honor the small, do not deserve the large (at all)

4 years ago

I guess people perceive physical stuff more valuable than equivalent virtual stuff 🤷

4 years ago

So what if you find a bitcoin on the road? oO

4 years ago

Then u can crack it to get more bitcoins :)

4 years ago

The equivalent would be to find something like $10,000 in cash on the road ;)

4 years ago

We don't even have cents under 5c and nobody bothers to pick those or 10c coins up because they aren't accepted by the coin disposal automates called slots, only 20c and up so they would only end up taking space in your wallet.

4 years ago

so they would only end up taking space in your wallet

I like when money takes space in my wallet 👀🙃

4 years ago

Me too when it's actual money that comes in paper or plastic, not useless junk metal that some use as trade tokens for mysterious reasons. What people pick up here to get money are empty cans and bottles, those are far more plentiful especially on the weekends and can easily amount to 24pack of beer if you're busy.

4 years ago

What people pick up here to get money are empty cans and bottles

Seriously? Damn that's actually pretty cool, we don't get any money from our cans and bottles here, even though I recently heard that 1 ton of plastic goes for around €350 on the recycling market

4 years ago

Couple other countries have something similar but ours seems to be very efficient. Good thing it's slowly spreading to new countries as well.

https://www.palpa.fi/beverage-container-recycling/deposit-refund-system/
https://www.tomra.com/en/collection/reverse-vending

4 years ago

In Copenhagen, public garbage bins come with a little shelf for empty bottles and cans so that bums don't have to dig around in the trash.

4 years ago

Here most people just put them on the flat top of the bin or on the ground next to it, only the stupid ones throw them in the trash. But yeah that seems to be a common thing here too with people regularly going through garbage. Is it working well there in making the stupid people fix their ways?

4 years ago

I'm sure it does, you have to be extremely stupid to ignore the shelf. Recycling is supposed to be good for all of us.

4 years ago

But why is there a penny on the ground in the first place? In the USA it's because we can't figure out how to stop making pennies, even though it costs millions of dollars every year.

https://qz.com/1064833/the-us-is-losing-money-on-each-penny-produced-but-it-wouldnt-be-easy-to-ban-the-coin/

(It's telling that in this article, one of the arguments for continuing to make pennies is literally well, the US government does a lot of stuff that loses money, why focus on this one particular money-losing enterprise?)

4 years ago

it's worth noting that the American public is both resistant to change, and particularly stupid. Into the late two-thousands, online banking used the same pin as your atm card, chips weren't introduced on debit or credit cards until about 10 years ago, and even then, credit cards still use signatures, no pin numbers. But nobody checks if the signature matches.

So just to repeat, the U.S. didn't start using bank technology that the rest of the developed world has been using since the early '90s until about 20 years later, and even then has only started using part of it

In a similar vein, a federal law to adopt new technology to make IDs more secure was passed in 2005, but as of today, 3 states haven't started issuing compliant IDs yet, and approximately 72% of the population still doesn't have compliant ID.
That's 15 years after deciding to use better technology, that doesn't require anyone to go out of their way to obtain or to change the way they live their life in any way, and only a quarter of the population uses it.
and you should see the 'debates' about incandescent light bulbs

4 years ago

A lot of people aren't getting the updated IDs because you need more paperwork and have to pay extra.
And almost the only place they're useful is border crossings and airports.

4 years ago

and federal facilities.
Still, it's just another area where the U.S. is far behind other countries, and it shows that implementation of new standards takes forever. This really is a ludite country

4 years ago

I over-stated it. :P
Enhanced ID isn't even required at the airport in my state until October 2020.

4 years ago

I can think of a couple of valid reasons though.

One being time/effort. It takes a second to pick up something from the ground. In comparison, to obtain these $0.26, you'd have to spend time and effort to leave a message, establish contact, meet up at the same time and arrange the handover. Even if OP was online the instant you first contacted him, it would take at least a couple of minutes to exchange greetings, thanks and the card itself. So in the end you spent over a hundred times more time to obtain this amount.

Secondly, the liquidity. A penny is valid cash everywhere and you just add it to your physical wallet the moment you obtain it to be stacked with everything you already own, without having to think more about it. A prepaid card is not accepted everywhere, and it could be a hassle to find a place that will accept the extra $0.26 on top of whatever payment method you usually use, while buying something you would have bought anyway. Obviously, if you have to go out of your way to find a way to spend $0.26, the effort spent on that alone already leaves you at a net loss.

4 years ago

Have you tried draining it into amazon giftcard balance or similar? I've done that to get rid of the last pennies on expiring cards before. I'm not sure how fees apply in this case. Be happy to take the $0.26 though.

4 years ago

I tried to apply it in different services I use. Some of them asked for a minimum payment and some for $0.5 fee

4 years ago

Add $5 to it first and then take out $5.26?

4 years ago

Its prepaid card. You cant add money

4 years ago

Prepaid usually means you just pay in advance, as in loading money into the card, and not after like with a credit card. Didn't know they even come in fixed amounts with no way to add in more, but I guess that's great business due to all the $0.26 people are forced to leave on them.

https://www.visa.fi/support/consumer/prepaid-cards.html

4 years ago

If it would was in RU, i've would spent this in Steam :) (can buy 1 game or add +15 rub to purchase)

4 years ago

you can send yourself an invoice on paypal and use the card. then u have it in your paypal balance

4 years ago

Amazing! 🤑☝

4 years ago

Accepting a credit card payment on PayPal costs more than $0.26

4 years ago

Arent virtual visas debit cards?

4 years ago

Prepaid ones at least always are, even if physical cards.

4 years ago

4 years ago

error 403

4 years ago

Works for me, I'll take a pic tomorrow for you when at my computer.

4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by 1stCheater.