STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order is 88% off on Steam ($4.79). Sale ends Dec. 19th.

The Deluxe Edition is 86% off ($6.99). It includes Cosmetic skin for BD-1, Cosmetic skin for the Stinger Mantis, Digital art book, "Director's Cut" behind-the-scenes videos, featuring over 90 minutes of footage from the making of the game.

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

May...

View Results
the Force be with you
the Farce be with you
the Farts be with you
the Forks be with you
the Forza be with you

Tempting

1 year ago

Ikr?

1 year ago

Come to the Dark Side

1 year ago

Brilliant game. Highly recommend.

1 year ago

I don't like and therefore don't play Souls-like games, but the game is singleplayer only and seems to be one I'd otherwise like.
So I'd like your opinion, is 'Souls-like' only used as a marketing thing or is the game really like that? Would you think I'd have fun with it anyway?

1 year ago

Souls-like is more a "it's harder" or has dodge/parry mechanics really. It has difficulty settings. Normal(Jedi?) is still slightly challenging at the start (You can fight minibosses that are challenging early, or save them for later) until you get used to mechanics, then hard (Jedi Master?) becomes a good balance.
If anything you can get a feel of the combat in less than 2h and return it.

1 year ago

Thanks for the quick answer. You're w/r/t the 2h window and combined with the price... I'll get it.

1 year ago

The "souls-like" part of this game is more related to the combat mechanics. As in, attack, dodge, parry, die relatively easily, etc. However, this is miles above Dark Sous in terms of polish and much less punishing. You'll die a few times, sure, but won't have your progress halted for too long because you keep loosing everything upon death. Death only means going back to the last checkpoint. Anyway, I could go on, but my point is this is like a good version of Dark Souls, and even if you don't like that franchise, there's a very good chance you'll like this. On another note, I didn't like Star Wars before playing this, but now I do. So there's also this side of it.

1 year ago

You mean the tags? They also tagged as metroidvania.
EA doesn't make games that make players rage quit so don't expect it to be hard like a souls game.

1 year ago

Well, the metroidvania tag is very fitting. The level design follows very metroid-esque principles. I loved it that way personally.

1 year ago

the community can also troll tags, case in point:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/201510/Flatout_3_Chaos__Destruction/

These are tags applied to the product by the most users. You can click a tag to find other products with that tag applied. Or, you can hit the plus symbol for any existing tags to increase that tag's popularity on this product.

you can also report clearly bogus tags, which should get removed if enough users report. 🏳️

1 year ago*

Wow! Hentai, NSFW and Sexual Content. LOL

1 year ago

I don't remember it being too hard, but as someone who lacks time and doesn't like difficulty in gaming, I probably passed some bosses with the help of WeMod :-)
Anyway, it's a game I loved so much that I finished it twice: story, visuals, gameplay, collectibles... Highly recommended from me too :-) My 2 cents.

1 year ago

The game is actually like that on the higher difficulties. Other people commenting here probably played on easy/normal or are used to souls-like games. I started out on the highest difficulty but quickly turned to normal difficulty because you take a ton of damage while enemy bosses are damage sponges. The worst part for me was how easily you get stuck in an animation you can't cancel out of while the enemy gets to easily kill you. It might be somewhat easier than other Souls games (I haven't played them) but it definitely felt like one to me. There's also limited saving which you have to do at meditation spots kinda similar to the fireplaces in the Souls series, and if you die all enemies respawn and you return to this spot. Even on normal I still died a bunch and had to replay sections (which I despise doing). The game is fairly mediocre at best and if you don't like Souls-like games I don't think you'll enjoy the combat.

TLDR: apparently it's an easier souls like experience (I haven't played the Souls games) set in the Star Wars universe, but it definitely borrows elements from the Souls series, overal it's a pretty mediocre game I wouldn't recommend it (and I love Star Wars).

1 year ago

I cant pass tutorial in Dark Souls 3:-D but i have no issues in this game on easiest difficulty

1 year ago

It's not that souls-like that you'd hate it. It's more of the approach of opening shortcuts and stuff. You even have difficulty slider for combat.

1 year ago

If you didn't get it yet let me tell you that I dislike Souls-like mechanics and thus I don't expect to ever play Dark Souls or Elden Ring, but they are very much bearable in this game due to the reasonable difficulty.

1 year ago

Bought it, thanks!

1 year ago

I bought it last week. I'm refunding it so I get , hopefully, this better price.

1 year ago

Is that possible?

1 year ago

if he hasnt played 2 more horus why not

1 year ago

I have initiated a refund request... I haven't played any time so... why not take into my benefit what steam offers
I'm disappointed (if not angry) by those offers, making more and more discount prices only a week later.

1 year ago

Don't worry, refund requests are definitely honoured for this reason.
This is also a way for them to make it up to people who bought it shortly before a sale.

Remember whenever you buy games in this market - they will always get cheap really quickly. There's rarely ever a reason to buy a game at full price or close to full price unless you must have it right now - and in that case you are paying exactly to get the quicker access.

Almost everything gets bundled and/or heavily discounted within months of release - especially during big sales like Christmas approaching.

1 year ago

Sure, you don't even need to provide a reason for the refund request.

1 year ago

Same here. :/

1 year ago

Amazing game. I 100% it before 1-2 months and loved it. Played at Jedi Master and it was hard at the beginning while learning the mechanics and while earning better abilities and powers it became sooo enjoyable. At the latest moments i was feeling like a real Jedi that can challenge any enemy i want. Defitely play it. Also amazing graphics but dont like the stuttering when change areas inside the worlds. Unreal engine stutters after all. Overall a brilliant game.

1 year ago

I remember it running like absolute shit on my pc. Micro stuttering all over the place. It seems it was never fixed, and tons of people are still getting it regardless of their rig specs. It's probably a great game if you aren't one of the unlucky ones who get hit by that.

1 year ago

Game is pretty fun, ez recommend.

1 year ago

I got it. Thank you!

1 year ago

Wonder if it will be free on Epic soon, it's almost 90% off. EGS already did Squadrons and Battlefront as freebies.

1 year ago

Either that or it will be in the next Humble monthly.

1 year ago

Is origin needed to play this as well?

1 year ago

Yes.

1 year ago

look for these banners in the sidebar of game store pages:

View attached image.
1 year ago

This is the most I pay for any EA games, great deal I grabbed it.

1 year ago

I already tried it when i had EA Play. Wasn't really a game for me. Skip likely.

1 year ago

I haven't played that much - maybe a few hours, but if you're apprehensive about the Souls-Like tags, as someone who hates Souls-likes, I would say this is more like a Gothic-like or Souls-light, with a touch of typical 3rd-person RPGs like Witcher or Elder Scrolls.
If you don't like the above-mentioned games, then avoid. Otherwise, have fun.

1 year ago

I got it for free on Amazon Gaming this summer on EA Launcher, probably will give it a try.

1 year ago

May the Schwartz be with you!

1 year ago

I wanted to add this to the poll but it wouldn't have worked with the similar sounding theme 😎

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.