NOTE: At the end of this year (2022) I will be passing the torch over to ipax11. Once they have a new thread up and running, I will post a link to it in the top post as well as a comment (They may also post a link as well). This discussion thread will close at the end of this year. It has been a pleasure doing the last two years of Epic freebies with you all!

Here is link to that thread if you want a headstart: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/S4e2c/free-epic-games-store-list-of-all-weekly-free-games-every-thursday-at-11-am-et (will still post today but will close this thread out within the week)

So I'm making the move over to a new thread since the whole table/description was getting unwieldy. If you are looking for the past deals/discussion you can find it here

Here is the store

For the end of the year, Epic will giveaway a game every day from December 15 to Dec 29 (then back to weekly): https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-epic-games-store-will-reportedly-offer-a-free-game-every-day-over-christmas/

NOTE: these games will be claimable for 24 hours ONLY unlike normal freebies that last a week.

NOTE: games update daily at 11 am EST from Dec 15 2022 to Dec 29 2022.

NOTE: deals back to weekly on Dec 29 2022.

Game Free From Free Until
Dishonored Definitive Edition 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Eximius: Seize the Frontline 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Mortal Shell 28-dec-2022 29-dec-2022
Severed Steel 27-dec-2022 28-dec-2022
F.I.S.T.: Forged In S. Torch 26-dec-2022 27-dec-2022
Death Stranding 25-dec-2022 26-dec-2022
Metro Last Light Redux 24-dec-2022 25-dec-2022
Encased 23-dec-2022 24-dec-2022
Fallout Classic Collection. 22-dec-2022 23-dec-2022
Lego Builder's Journey 21-dec-2022 22-dec-2022
Wolfenstein The New Order 20-dec-2022 21-dec-2022
Them's Fighting Herds 19-dec-2022 20-dec-2022
Sable 18-dec-2022 19-dec-2022
Costume Quest 2 17-dec-2022 18-dec-2022
Horizon Chase Turbo 16-dec-2022 17-dec-2022
Bloons TD 6 15-dec-2022 16-dec-2022
1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Single game now... Two for first week of December.

1 year ago

I believe it was added to the description after your comment, but the daily deals are only from Dec 15 to Dec 29. Two weeks total, not the entire month.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

1 year ago

Maybe you can include a link or description regarding what this is for those not aware?

Summary: Epic games will be offering a free game each day for the last 15 days of December 2022. You will have 24 hours to add each game to your account (and keep "forever") on that day.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-epic-games-store-will-reportedly-offer-a-free-game-every-day-over-christmas/

1 year ago

added

1 year ago

Did you by any chance check out this comment?

1 year ago

oh I did and I plan to update the post very soon with that announcement.

1 year ago

Fantastic!

1 year ago

I don't know if anyone else wants that, but maybe a column for if the game has been free before? Sorry if it's too much work!

1 year ago

+1 :)

1 year ago

First image to decipher the mystery game

View attached image.
1 year ago

The balloon seems to be the clue here. Color pattern of blue and orange possibly part of it?

1 year ago

colors always the clue. so game image has yellow (or orange) and blue colors. and balloon

1 year ago

maybe this

1 year ago

Yup that's more than likely it.

1 year ago

I believe you are correct, the colors match and the balloon icon matches nearly perfect to the one in the first screenshot on Steam.

View attached image.
1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

1 year ago

That's a great guess and tbh it's probably right. The colors of the letters for the game are the same as the EGS pic. It's already on the EGS as well.
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/bloons-td-6-bf95a0

1 year ago

The only thing that doesn't quite line up is the thread on the ballon. In the past, the hint object usually looked very similar to an object in the actual game's logo / header image, but there's no threads on the Bloons.

1 year ago

The second o in Bloons is a balloon.

1 year ago

... that doesn't have a piece of thread dangling underneath unlike the balloon on the hint gift wrap.

1 year ago

Oh, I completely skipped the part about the thread while reading. My mistake, I'm tired. 😅

1 year ago

No worries ^^

1 year ago

The hint objects weren't always perfect representations last year either. Possibly they added the string to make it more apparent its a balloon, instead of a weird blob?

1 year ago

Could be.

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

Monhun?

1 year ago

What is that supposed to be?

1 year ago

1 year ago

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.

But dont sweat about it, Wok posted another link.

Personally I think MH would be more likely, since Epic likes to start their giving spree with a biggie, but the color scheme looks very convincnig regarding the Bloons TD game.

1 year ago

The shape of the balloon itself with the knot is also much closer to the Bloons TD one.

1 year ago

No sweat here, I was having a good night's sleep when you wrote (if only I could sleep a few more hours :P )

I think it's Bloon's TD 6 as well, it's more likely that title color scheme and the balloon fits, than hinting to a random DLC of a game

1 year ago

I don't think Bloons TD would be a good game to kickstart the event. If it is not MH, then Sonic Colors would be my current guess.

1 year ago

I agree that Bloons TD would be underwhelming and I am open for better suggestions but it matches both colors and the balloon (minus the piece of thread) and MH DLC is too far off both in colors and in shape of the balloon and Sonic Colors doesn't even have a balloon.

1 year ago

Sonic Colors doesn't even have a balloon.

Balloons have been in every Sonic game: wiki

The Balloon (風船[1] Fūsen?), also known as the Exploding Balloon,[2] is a gimmick that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It refers to a variety of colorful balloons that will pop and bounce the player higher into the air upon touching them.

1 year ago*

It's nowhere in the logo or product images though.

Edit: also those balloons look almost spheric while the ones on the hint and the Bloons ones look a bit more bulbous. And the light reflections on the Sonic ones are more of a dot while the ones on the hint and the Bloons ones look more like a banana.

1 year ago*

Right, the reflection on the balloon would favor Bloons TD.

View attached image.
1 year ago*

While I would love it to be MH:World, so my friends will finally give this amazing game a shot, it's a bit far-fetched if they used a MTX DLC as hint for the game.

1 year ago

it is unlikely. there is no Capcom game on epic

1 year ago

Reference: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/486RB1

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

I wouldn't read too much into this.

1 year ago

If we can go from the experience from last events, every wrapping paper is a clue to the next freebie.

1 year ago

Appearances can be deceiving.

1 year ago

You're getting too deep, despite adding only discouragement to the discussion.

1 year ago

Nothingburger = too deep?

1 year ago

adam1224 Is right, last year the colors of the package and the hint item on the package ALWAYS referred to the game being given away.

1 year ago

I seem to recall that last year's games were already leaked. That wasn't a guess by whatever placeholder image was on it.

1 year ago

Doesn't change the fact that every wrapping paper image they used hinted at the respective upcoming freebie game by both 2-color scheme and 1 object on it.

1 year ago

Seems more like you can't rather than you wouldn't...

1 year ago

That doesn't even make sense.

All I said was to take it with a grain of salt. That doesn't require an argument.

1 year ago

Didnt you see that people are trying to correct you? Epic usually has hints that revealed the next freebie - that much is true. If you want leaks, just wait for the leaks. You might not know since you only care about the leaks, but people usually guess here which is always part of the fun.

1 year ago

I do not care about leaks or the images!!! I'm simply saying you can't always rely on them. Simple as. That does NOT mean you can make a debate out of it. Leave me alone.

1 year ago

And I'm saying that people are correcting you, which you dismissed negatively after discouraging them from guessing and having fun. This does NOT mean you can make a debate out of it. If you don't want to get bothered, leave them alone.

1 year ago

I simply said don't get your hopes up, and you've been harassing me to argue about it. Don't shove my words in my face when you're instigating an argument. Grow up.

1 year ago

Sure, i can say how wrong you are, but i'll be the bigger man and end the conversation here. Hope you'll grow up soon.

1 year ago

No, just stop talking to me. I was the one who already cautioned people they could be wrong. Not me, you. It seems you have trouble wrapping your heads around that concept.

Leave me alone.

1 year ago

You are partially wrong since the list was only leaked a week or so after they started giving away games. And the list wasn't 100% accurate either, many games were listed on the wrong date. Nevertheless the colors of the package and the hint object on the package have already been proven last year (and again this year) to be clues to the game being given away.

1 year ago

Nope. I googled and there were already several articles that showed the leak occurred before the event.

Nevertheless I don't care. I simply stated that you shouldn't always expect what you expected. it was never a written rule. it's not an ARG. Please stop harassing me about it.

1 year ago*

I'm pretty sure the leaks didn't occur until at least a few days later but I can't be bothered to look it up. It doesn't really matter anyway, I'm not here to annoy you or anyone man no worries hope you have some nice holidays :)

1 year ago

Never, ever, ever, admit you don't do the research and try to confidently make a retort opposite of the facts.

You're entirely wrong, and you should refrain from arguing since you've just invalidated yourself.

1 year ago

LOL. Well there were several leaks for several different games (mostly incorrect) at the start so people did use the ribbon clues and the hint object to guess what the game would be. There's only one source provided by "Wok" that proofed to be mostly correct but did have some game dates mixed up. Unlike you I can admit when I'm (at least partly) wrong, and some games got leaked at the start, but not all of them and there certainly wasn't a list of them until later in the event. but congrats on "winning" the argument :D I won't be replying to you anymore since you're obviously trolling.

This is the correct thread for those that are interested: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/gfkZX/freenot-steamepic-games-weekly-at-thursday-11-am-eastern-moving-over-from-old-thread#8lv5O6Z

1 year ago

It wasn't "until later in the event", and I'm NOT trolling. I'm not concerned with the accuracy of the leaks. My point was that there were leaks so we knew what to expect BEFORE the event happened.

This never happened "later" or "after the fact". You could easily google this. I happen to know this because I monitor this kind of stuff actively near-daily.

It's really ironic that you say you can admit your're wrong when my point was you could be wrong. Why did you even bother arguing?

1 year ago

They posted the leaks after the first day on SG
https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/Czikck7

I don't know why knowing the games upfront invalidates the fact that packaging was (even on the event before that) and is a hint, and why that guy choose the "you can't always expect the expected" hill to die on. It's fortune cookie wisdom at best

1 year ago

Eum, I was talking about 2021, your comment references 2020 (awkward). But you're right it doesn't change the facts the ribbon and the colors always referenced the game being given away and his comment didn't make any sense.

1 year ago

Fuck, I can't keep up with the different Epic topics, in the morning I was fairly sure I found the good one :D

1 year ago

Here we go again!

They posted the leaks after the first day on SG

Please use better sources than an ongoing thread that started in November that year.

2021:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGamesPC/comments/rch6kk/14_free_games_on_pc_epic_game_store_games/
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-epic-games-store-will-reportedly-give-away-15-free-games-over-christmas/

2020:
https://twitter.com/jovanmunja/status/1339958916491448320

This was not that hard to look up.

If you don't feel like clicking the links, I'll save you time. The Reddit thread was started on the 9th of December, contains several links to articles published on that same day, the second link of which I put up was one of them.

The 2021 event wouldn't start until the 16th. A whole WEEK apart! FallenKal was completely overconfident in his point to be dismissive and failed to do actual research so he could distort historical facts, and still came out completely wrong.

The 2020 link was posted about the same day the event was underway. FWIW however, the tweet admits the guy received that from a source from several hours prior. It's not exact, but it doesn't discount the possibility that the leak was discovered before the event started, and that is still no basis of saying that the leaks happened after the event.

This is why people should be looking these things up. I would love to be wrong if people did that. But I'm not impressed thus far.

I don't know why knowing the games upfront invalidates the fact that packaging was

I don't know what you mean by saying "you can't always expect the expected" as that's not accurate nor what I'm saying here at all.

How one simple slice of advice upsets you to reduce it to "fortune cookie wisdom", when there's a common associated saying, "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Whether I used either, the sentiment is the same. I have it in mind because I also have had experience of Epic changing things, and they have done so a few times before and have such a right. There are no guarantees.

But somehow that possibility escapes you and the suggestion of such upsets you, why do you expend your energy upon this? All I'm saying is I'd rather not hoist my own petard, that past events have shaped the lessons learned. It's not that complicated. It doesn't make sense to fight over it.

EDIT: For the record, I wouldn't be so quick to say there's a lack of leaks for this year's event either. I'm monitoring soruces that are already hinting at the next day's games. So, again, let's not take this too seriously.

1 year ago*

There are no guarantees.

We knew, before you felt the burning need to tell us that what a site has been done for 2 years, may not be true for the 3rd year.
We know, and when the time comes, we see if it's the same or not. You added nothing to the discussion, and kept commenting "leave me alone" to people who also don't understand why you keep arguing about your need to remind people to such a trivial thing.

But somehow that possibility escapes you and the suggestion of such upsets you

No, it's your pointless and contemptuous style is the upsetting part of your performance.

Now to quote you: "Leave me alone." There is a reason I did not replied to your after you reached a point in your tirade.

1 year ago

We knew, before you felt the burning need to tell us that what a site has been done for 2 years, may not be true for the 3rd year.

Non sequitur.

We know, and when the time comes, we see if it's the same or not. You added nothing to the discussion

All I said was not to make a mountain out of molehill about it. And here you are.

Amazing!

and kept commenting "leave me alone" to people who also don't understand why you keep arguing about your need to remind people to such a trivial thing.

No, it's your pointless and contemptuous style is the upsetting part of your performance.

Now to quote you: "Leave me alone." There is a reason I did not replied to your after you reached a point in your tirade.

I didn't need to remind anyone of anything. It's not a performance. The presence of my statement bothered you because it inconvenienced your imperative. That was clear from the start. The drama is not coming from me. All I had to do was present a rational explanation for this, and all you've shown is madness.

I said "leave me alone" because I was NOT seeking to argue. You persist. That's my fault? That's completely irrational.

1 year ago

Alright I wasn't going to do this but since you insist on spreading disinformation let me just explain one thing: posts/news articles/whatever can be edited/updated after being posted :O That's exactly what happened to your sources "that were not that hard to look up". Also I'm only talking about 2021 since I wasn't following it in 2020. I know this because I was following it last year and all of the leaked info basically came from one guy (Dealabs user Billbill-Kun) who only revealed information sporadically. I already admitted that I was wrong about there not being any leaks before, but there also were a lot of wrong leaks at the same time so people didn't really trust the one source that was reliable until days later into the event. And not all games were leaked before hand. The link you conveniently omitted from your own reddit source (https://novicegamerguides.com/news/epic-games-store-to-offer-14-free-games-in-december-beginning-with-shenmue-3/) is more accurate as it shows that only Shenmue III was leaked on the 9th of december. All of the games (including this year) in the past that were predicted by using the colors and hint object(s) (the most likely option) always turned out correct so your "fortune cookie wisdom" as you accurately called it, was indeed completely useless. I'm just posting this for the people who are reading your ramblings by the way, not for you.

1 year ago

Alright I wasn't going to do this but since you insist on spreading disinformation let me just explain one thing: posts/news articles/whatever can be edited/updated after being posted :O That's exactly what happened to your sources "that were not that hard to look up".

I've been ahead of you and already considered that, so you really don't have a gotcha here. You should focus on the actual point here.

The link you conveniently omitted from your own reddit source

You're really not making the point you think you're making. At the very least even with the first game being leaked, that is not evidence against the fact that there was a leak before the event - because in fact the Shenmue III info was a leak in itself. I didn't state that the entire list was revealed. I never stated it had to be accurate. That was never the point. I simply stated there was in fact a leak before the event occurred and you've been trying hard to distort that to fit your own narrative and continue to blow this out of proportion!

1 year ago*

Anoter possibility if the "balloon" is not to be taken literally. This would be consistent with the color scheme.

View attached image.
1 year ago

It's also being released on steam on the 15th so a good possibility.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2221920/Immortals_Fenyx_Rising/

1 year ago

The colors most often reflected the colors of the wording of the title of the game, and the hint object was (nearly?) always in the game. So I don't think this would be a very likely contender. The colors would most likely be white and blue for this game.

1 year ago

Interesting. I thought that the colors (background and little drawings) on the gift wrapping were colors of the game cover, but you may be right that these are actually colors of the game logo title.

It is still unclear to me whether the following colors have an importance:

• the color of the ribbon,
  • the color of the text on the label attached to the ribbon.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

It's not an exact science but often the colors matched those of the game logo. After re-checking I've noticed it can also be the background colors (mostly if the game logo is just white). So it seems I wasn't entirely correct in my previous post.

The color of the ribbon always matched the color of the symbols on the wrapping paper in the past so I don't think there's anything significant there.

I've never noticed the color of the EPIC label, but checking back to last year I can't really see any correlation. The color seem pretty random to me.

1 year ago

Colors are reminiscent of Fallout.

1 year ago

True.

View attached image.
1 year ago

For me they look more like "Spirit of the North" (color scheme and rune like signs on it), but that would be a repeat, even if it's a great game.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

1 year ago

PUBG Battleground is free to claim and the associated Founder pack is also free until 5th January for anyone interested.

1 year ago

PUBG is F2P and the founder's pack thing was announced a while ago. That's nothing to do with Epic's holiday event.

1 year ago

do we already have leaks? the korean rating board usually has info early about it

1 year ago

If there was any leak you would see it here

1 year ago

In French:

19 -> a un goût épicé sauf qu’Elle est jaune contrairement à sa couleur d’origine 😋

Reference: https://www.dealabs.com/comments/permalink/39104468

In English:

19 👀🎁 -> has a spicy taste except She is yellow unlike its original color 😋

Reference: https://twitter.com/BillbilKun/status/1602669363357794305

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Gracias senior!
(Just showing off my french)

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

F76?

1 year ago

Not a bad guess for the first day's game. Blue & yellow balloons are all over the starting vault location and it was given away by amazon prime not long ago.

1 year ago

Mustard??

1 year ago

Someone in the comments said that it could be Dune: Spice Wars... not a bad guess, I think.
We got blue and orange.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Keep in mind that:

• the blue and orange gift wrapping with balloons is the official clue for December 15. Most likely Bloons TD 6.
  • the clue given by Billbil-kun is for December 19!
1 year ago

Oh jeez, didn't even noticed that. I'm embarrassed now.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Golden Gecko that means Fallout New Vegas

1 year ago

Could be a reference to "Overcooked 2"?

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Disappointment will be lower in this way XD

1 year ago

I saw this picture, but take it with a grain of salt.

View attached image.
1 year ago

I'd be extremely surprised if it turns out it isn't Bloons TD 6.

1 year ago

Didn't it last time also take 1 or 2 days into the event before a leak appeared that turned out to be true?

1 year ago

predicting Bloons TD 6, but won't be on at the reveal...

1 year ago

The two curves in the clue look quite like symbolic representation of Indian deity Ganesha.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=GANESHA+LOGO&t=vivaldi&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

So maybe it is: https://store.steampowered.com/app/730390/Raji_An_Ancient_Epic/

1 year ago*

Those curved lines are in every gift wrap image, they aren't a hint.

See this one from last year as an example:

View attached image.
1 year ago

My bad 😆

1 year ago

Bloons TD 6 is the free game of the day

Next image to decipher

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

maybe Horizon Chase Turbo

1 year ago

That was already given.

1 year ago

That hasn't stopped them before.

1 year ago

Lately with repeats they've been throwing in another game in top of the repeats.

1 year ago

Design looks the same

View attached image.
1 year ago

Yup, I believe you are correct, both colors and the icon match, and they definitely give previously given away games too. Seems this year they're starting really lame, not a good indication for the rest of the free games.

1 year ago

you called it :thumbsup:

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

At least it's only for one day..

I expect half of them to be repeats or crap. Hopefully some gems.

1 year ago

My guess for next game is Fallout 4 the Blue Yellow is hinting Fallout Boy with Trophy and the ring is hinting to Fallout 4 ring that you can get from decased spouse.

1 year ago

There were circles on yesterday's cover as well, and while they were all of the same size, they are placed exactly there in today's. I don't think the circle is a clue. Also not seeing Fallout 4 in the store (yet?)

1 year ago

Not seeing Fallout 4 in the store (especially when they have the others) is actually a really good sign that it could be an upcoming freebie. They've held things out before when they planned on giving them away in the future. In this case, I think the trophy is Horizon Chase Turbo but we might very well be getting Fallout 4 as one of the big day surprises.

1 year ago

The colour fits, we'll see.
I already have it on Steam, so I don't have a horse in this race, or the whole event really. I just love the guessing game, and we get what we get ^^

1 year ago

Pretty sure the "circle" or "ring" is a tree ornament. ;)

1 year ago

I'm sure that the fancy looking one left from the candy cane is a tree ornament, but the marked one looks like a boring old decorative circle to me. Or sparkles or whatever :D

View attached image.
1 year ago

Ah yes, I was fixated on the bigger ones, but I 100% agree. Hal2003 referenced a ring (which one of the two variants does resemble), and that's all I saw.

1 year ago

Thought the same about the big ones, then checked yesterday's, it's more clear there that it's an ornament and not a fancy ring :)

1 year ago

the combination of blue and red reminded me of the cover of the game "Wolfenstein: Youngblood"
cover

1 year ago

Red and blue is actually used in a lot of covers including movie posters etc... It's a very common combination.

1 year ago

How long has been Dishonored: Death of the Outsider on the Epic Game Store?
Because it could be one of the freebies

https://store.epicgames.com/es-ES/p/dishonored-death-of-the-outsider

1 year ago

It seemss that I may be right, hahaha.
Next game is some Dishonored, and the colors matches this one. We'll see tomorrow if it's the first, the third o the complete trilogy...

1 year ago

it is bloon td yall were right

1 year ago

yoo, Epic Games starts strong with a dope game, I like that.

1 year ago

no thanks

1 year ago

great all it keeps saying is failed to challenge captcha try again later - stupid Epic

1 year ago

Dead Cells and Call of Cthulhu aren't on sale. Maybe they're next?

1 year ago

honestly it could be, judging by the wrapping it maybe be dead cells

1 year ago

Its Horizon Chase Turbo because of the mystery wrapper matches a trophy in the game.
https://i.imgur.com/G6BuAsY.jpg

1 year ago

But there's 14 more games.

1 year ago

Horizon Chase Turbo is on sale:
https://store.epicgames.com/p/horizon-chase-turbo

1 year ago

I don't think this kind of thinking applies nowadays. Epic has an automatic refund system and is more confident in their store, so i) they can manage multiple discounts and their priority, which explains the lack of API leak this year, as well as ii) refund the few people who purchased the game before it was given away. We will see tomorrow how it goes for Horizon after Bloons gets 50% off.

My current way of approaching the giveaways is that, to the opposite of the previous years, all the games will have a discount prior to the giveaway, except for the first one of course. That means an absence of discount would indicate an absence of giveaway, whereas for previous years, the presence of a discount indicated an absence of giveaway.

1 year ago*

You are probably right, we'll see tomorrow.

1 year ago

Bloons TD 6 is another game without the achieveements. fuck epic

1 year ago

And why do you care? If you are not even able to get the achievements of your games on Steam?

1 year ago

devs fault if anything

1 year ago

Maybe Devs are actually smart to not implement achievements and wait until Epic offers money?

1 year ago

Which game/developer was this in relation to?

1 year ago

The Outbound Ghost (revealed by lawsuit between pub and dev)

1 year ago

Thanks.

1 year ago

Stop your hatred right now. Don't start with it on this thread as well.

You spammed the previous thread with your ramblings. Enough.

Edit after checking your page here on SG: Oh look lol

1 year ago*

I mean, the sooner people wake up and smell the coffee about Epic the better. bambi is doing a great service here.

1 year ago

I mean, the sooner people wake up and smell the coffee about Epic the better. bambi is doing a great service here.

DunnyWasTaken It's hard to tell whether you're a troll or simply mentally challenged. In either case, I feel sorry for you.

1 year ago

Refusal to support Linux, anti-competitive practices such as paying for 3rd party exclusives to an inferior platform, incompetent customer support that literally sent a user's personal info from a GDPR request to a different user, launcher being basically glorified bloated spyware, Tim Sweeney being Tim Sweeney, owned by Tencent, not allowing developers to sell Epic launcher game keys like you can on Steam (why we are all here on this great site right now), constantly portraying themselves as being the good guys fighting for the consumer while doing the opposite, collecting data from Steam users to falsely inflate their own platform numbers. Some of these you may not care about but don't insult me for rightfully hating a company that wants to ruin the gaming industry. Honestly if you read this comment and still can't understand why Epic are awful then maybe you're the mentally challenged one here.

1 year ago

Thank you for the bump thread. Already forgot todays freebie.

1 year ago

No problem :) I'm fine with people liking Epic, you know just own it. People who insult others becaue they don't understand why something is problematic annoys me.

1 year ago

I personally don't know how often you post in the various Epic threads but your above post is informative with valid reasons regarding why you don't like their store/launcher. It's the first time I've heard all that at once, which means you're not constantly going on about it.
The other guy spams one lazy, meaningless, occasionally profane rant ad nauseam in every Epic thread while being a hypocrite about that reason in his own steam library. That's why he gets insulted. So maybe understand why it's being done instead of jumping to that guys defense. It's not because he "understands why something is problematic". Nor is it about principle because he'll still claim every free epic game and still not care about achievements in his steam library. It's cuz he personally doesn't like this one thing for some unknown reason and wants everyone to know ALL the time.

1 year ago

I think this is the second thread I've posted in regarding Epic on Steamgifts, the first one was sometime in 2021 probably, was quite a while ago. I appreciate you calmly explaining the other guy to me as I was unaware on what he was doing in these threads. So yeah that's my bad for fuelling the fire here, obviously I stand by my own points about Epic but it maybe wasn't the best place to express them.

1 year ago

Blablabla
I don't bother reading the fanboys' same old broken record.

In a nutshell,
Steam started the same if not worse.
Steam championed DRM and worked hard to make DRM the standard in the industry
You don't own the games you 'bought'
You can thank Steam for that.
If you think Steam is clean, why is it still operating in China?

If you have privacy concerns regarding Epic, then better get off any and all social media.
Facebook (an American company through and through) had a Congress hearing for the same issue. Still unresolved years later.

Also if you hate Epic so much, why are you on a thread for free Epic games? Hypocrisy is not a nice color.

Bye :)

1 year ago

I will say, we need to stop saying that steam started the same if not worse as a counterpoint. The IT tech has improved a ton since Steam started, so Epic had no excuse to not start off much better. Many basic eCommerce sites are starting off better than EGS did

My only real issue that I personally have with Epic is more how publishers and indie devs react negatively at times with their communities when they got epic money in the past to be exclusive. Its not really an issue in the end with epic, just the fact that the money reveals them for who they truly are

1 year ago

I will say, we need to stop saying that steam started the same if not worse as a counterpoint.

You misunderstood. Steam started also by forcing users to use their back-then shitty, featureless client. The only two things going for Steam is that they got in first and they now have a feature-rich client. Customer-service-wise, Steam is hot garbage.

Your other point is on the other parties, not on the party offering a better deal than highway-robbers Steam.

1 year ago

You forget to mention that the coding languages have evolved exponentially, the data is now here as for what players like and prefer, and that steam is privately owned, and tencent has no ownage into it. So it's not like Valve has to deliver your data to tencent who specializes in mobile games and free to play games with microtransactions, so that tencent can then spend years to try and decipher what functions of a game they can strip out to sell you later and they can get you to become addicted and spend all your money in one single video game on some skins or perks that should just be part of the game. Yes steam also has CSGO, TF2, DOTA, maybe more mtx games etc. but they provide you a way to get rid of those items, maybe more, maybe less, etc..

The things Valve did with steam back in 2003 aren't as hard to do today due to so many limitations. I mean consider how many generations we're ahead in hardware, how the internet has changed since, storage for instance, the availability of code, etc. These things weren't available in 2003 and even if it took them years to fully develop these features, it's cause they were the first as you said . It's also a proven method now as for what people like, so honestly epic could and should basically just copy it and expand on it.

As for steam operating in china, that's just how it goes there specifically. They have to provide that data as part of being able to provide steam gaming to people over there. Not everything is available there but that doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't provide games to people over there. You can't blame steam for the Chinese government. I can't say I don't wish it was different.

When you compare that with epic games, you maybe want to remember both these companies were small back then and there was a time epic was a much bigger company than steam. They've made the unreal series, jazz jackrabbit, jill of the jungle and more way before 2003. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_by_Epic_Games. Epic also has a proper 3D game making engine, UE5. Compare that to the Source engine which is pretty irrelevant. Epic makes a ton of money from Fortnite mtx, and just remember with all that money that was way over profit, they still fought apple over what apple was taking and wont provide their gamers on apple nowadays. Apple was wrong but yes. So it's not like epic games is a startup company just learning the ropes, they've been around longer than steam, they've been more successful than steam at a point, they had more money than steam, and today as well they have some of the best tools in the market. They just decide not to improve, their ways of getting people to come to their platform is to buy exclusives, aka preventing the same customer they're trying to get from playing it on their original platform and to give out some pretty awesome free games I'd say. The latter is a great thing, the first is really toxic. All this effort into getting people to switch to them, and they don't even develop the platform at a proper rate. It's been how many years since egs launched? 5 years. This is how far egs got in 5 years.

1 year ago*

"Steam started the same if not worse" The same maybe, worse? Factually incorrect based on the information I have given you and have chosen to disregard because you are arrogant.

"Steam championed DRM and worked hard to make DRM the standard in the industry
You don't own the games you 'bought'
You can thank Steam for that.
If you think Steam is clean, why is it still operating in China?" Probably correct I didn't dispute any of that nor did I mention it so I believe it is irrelevant to this discussion. Basically a strawman argument.

"If you have privacy concerns regarding Epic, then better get off any and all social media." I already try to do this, not for privacy reasons I just hate most social media.

"why are you on a thread for free Epic games?" Because I'm on steamgifts.com and a Epic Games thread shouldn't be on here so I had a look in the comments to see if others felt the same.

Ahh feels nice to totally destroy someone's argument, thought you were trying to call me the troll here, ironic. You can like Epic if you want just don't insult others for choosing not to. Bye :)

1 year ago

I didn't waste any of my time reading your rant and, rest assured, never will :)

It seems like the saying birds of the feather applies here: You and the person you're defending both are incapable of discerning fact from fiction and cannot fathom any opinion other than your own. Remain delusional, keyboard warrior.

Epic is still standing and will remain and only grow. Keep hating while shamelessly taking their gifts.

If you didn't realize already, I blacklisted your saltiness ages ago. Too bad there's no block button here for ya! ;)

Enjoy talking to yourself.

Edit to add: Lovely to notice that haters exhibit selfish behavior. For example, taking from others while giving back very little. One look at both your profiles says a lot about you.

1 year ago*

So you want me to believe that you took the time to write a paragraph of text to a comment you didn't want to waste time reading? And then took even more time to look through our profiles and edit your comment to add that you did so? What sounds more likely to me is that you couldn't think of a reasonable response to my comment because you know I'm right. Funny how this argument started with you saying you felt sorry for me but has ended with me feeling sorry for you. How do you get through life if you can't handle a simple disagreement without resorting to insults?

1 year ago

you literally have no idea what you are talking about. you described every company that exists and you forgot what steam did in the past.
but keep on spreadng false information just because you are unable to live in the real world and not some "i love steam because superiour and the others suck"

1 year ago

Great argument, can't disprove what I'm saying because you can't so you just say I have no idea what I'm talking about. While I do like Steam the most, I use Xbox on PC, Ubisoft Connect, Rockstar Launcher, EA app and GOG so I am definitely living in the real world and enjoying other services.

1 year ago

Who cares, stop whining

1 year ago*

View attached image.
1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

They're smart to hold back on the bigger titles until later rather than putting the best stuff out first, assuming that's what they're doing here.

1 year ago

Could be way worse. Like an addon thingie for a F2P game...

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Well, maybe Valve will give you a better free game today or tomorrow instead since this one wasn't good enough for you.

1 year ago

updated

1 year ago

imagine waiting mystery game, and its baloons TD LMAO

1 year ago

Imagine complaining about something free

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

i want to give u my sperm for free. sure not complaining?

1 year ago

Too bad you doesn't have a woman to give it to

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

It looks like a really fun game and it has over 200,000 positive reviews on Steam. I'm not disappointed at all.

1 year ago

Eximius: Seize The Frontline maybe one of freebies?

1 year ago

1 year ago

there it is ;)

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

Ahah, true. Korean ratings don't lie. 🔮

1 year ago