September 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 September 25th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 October 2nd 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Forager

Golf With Your Friends

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

The Occupation

Notes:

Golf With Your Friends + extras counts as one choice and comes as 2 separate keys: Golf With Your Friends + Caddy Pack DLC and Golf With Your Friends - OST. On your purchase page both are labeled as "Golf With Your Friends + Caddypack DLC + OST".

Strange Brigade is temporarily out of stock. source back in stock out of stock again (24 Dec) (source)

Free DLCs to claim:

!addlicense ASF 372738,401996,434842,355279,447429

Limited time: Premium and Classic subscribers get all 12 games.

Get all 12 games when you pick up September’s Humble Choice. All Premium and Classic subscribers are eligible. Ends October 2.

🩸 October leaks 🩸 - Chart here (together with some comments)

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Forager 93% of 14875 🏆 3.00 CV app/751780 W 0 $19.99
Golf With Your Friends + Caddy Pack DLC No user reviews - - 2.55* CV sub/89583 0 $16.98
Golf With Your Friends - OST (DLC) 89% of 9 - - 0.15 CV app/564170 W M L 0 $0.99
Strange Brigade 83% of 2139 🏆 0.00 CV ☠ app/312670 W 0 $49.99
Lethal League Blaze 96% of 2614 🏆 3.00 CV app/553310 W M L 0 $19.99
Generation Zero® 67% of 8329 - 🏆 3.75 CV app/704270 W 0 $24.99
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair 91% of 299 🏆 4.50 CV app/846870 W 0 $29.99
The Occupation 75% of 82 🏆 4.50 CV app/765880 W 0 $29.99
Catherine Classic 88% of 3671 🏆 3.00 CV app/893180 W 0* $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York 70% of 738 🏆 3.00 CV app/1096410 W M L 0 $19.99
The Shapeshifting Detective 79% of 576 🏆 1.95 CV app/898650 W M 0 $12.99
Evoland Legendary Edition 88% of 474 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/1020470 W M L 3 $19.99
Fun with Ragdolls: The Game 92% of 1350 - - 2.25 CV app/1142500 W M 0 $14.99

☠ - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $280.86

CV:

• 49.06*

Humble Original / Extras:

Alt254
Carto Sneak-Peak

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Humble Foraging at the bottom of the barrel, or new Impossibly Fun Occupations?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] These are all good games if not great. People complain way too much in these threads…
[New subscription] I managed to resist last month’s tempting offers and not subscribe, but I really love the current selection and I can’t say no to it.
[Maybe subscribe] Maaaybeee... ⚆ᗝ⚆ *counts dollars in the pocket*
[Pause] “Yes, I want to pause.“, “Yes, I am still pausing even if you offer me a $2 discount coupon.“, “Yes, I am sure.“, “Yes, I am REALLY sure!” – They don’t easily take no for an answer, do they?
[Cancelling / will not buy] This month’s choices are severely lackluster.

pause this bundle is really bad the only decent game is catherine

3 years ago

Chances are that anyone who wanted Catherine got it last October in the postmodern bundle, too...

3 years ago

I see they still offer "1 Month Free of Humble Choice for New Subscribers" on full tier bundles. I used my coupon on august bundle, since it expired on today. Anyone can confirm new coupons are useable on september bundle?

3 years ago

But coupons are only usable on new subscriptions. You can't use it anymore.

3 years ago

Tastes certainly vary! Definitely happy with this one. Could be in part because I wasn't expecting much from Humble as of late though.

3 years ago

So far The Shapeshifting Detective is really good

3 years ago

Last month was great, so now we get this I suppose...
I actually have 3 of them on my wishlist(which is huge and in need of a cleaning), but that still leaves a lot of uninteresting stuff, so its a definite pause for me.

3 years ago

A few wishlisted, and a few I was so-so on, but would get at a discount, so good for me. <3

3 years ago

worth getting it just for gen zero and brigade 💃

3 years ago

Those are the two I'm keeping also! Pretty cool.

3 years ago

You are the 1st person I see look at gen zero positively.
What makes it worth the time?

3 years ago

i like to loot, explore, level up, and co-op. this game has all of that.
it's super buggy and has zero quality of life features, but it's fun. 😅

3 years ago

I guess if you like the genre you must played it all.
We are spoiled with choices so a game needs to fight for my attention. Brigade looked better

3 years ago

This month really cannot compete with last month choice.
Last month very good, this month really bad.
Those FPS/Action/Platformer really not the one I like. I prefer more strategy/tactical/turn base/card game.

3 years ago

People complain way too much in these threads…

TRUTH.

Thanks for another detailed thread Lilly!

3 years ago

I must be picker than I thought. These last couple monthlies have been really disappointing.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

I've started having the same mentality over the last year or so. I'm 34. I guess that counts as old on this site? :D

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Yeah, sounds like we had the same revelation. Big thing for me was finally figuring out what genre of games I actually enjoy. When I first started buying bundles, everything looked kinda interesting :D Now I see a lot of the games on my backlog as obstacles to playing the games I really want to. I've definitely found some gems over the years but the rest I could have easily missed. Quality > Quantity :)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

It is hard to resist sometimes. You do save money, but not if you wouldn't have bought those games outside of a bundle anyway. In fact I might have spent more money over the years buying bundles than I would have otherwise :D

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Yeah, add children into the equation and it gets even harder :D Good luck with your backlog then! Hopefully we'll both see the light at the end of the tunnel sometime in the near future. Then we can play the games we really want to :)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Haha. Miss those days! :)

3 years ago

Ha, I'm in a similar boat (albeit quite a bit older).

I've belatedly recognised that, even if it seems like a good deal in terms of dollars per game, it's no use if I never get to them.

There's maybe one game in this (The Shapeshifting Detective) which would break into the top-20 of my backlog. I doubt I'd get to the others within a couple of years; by then they'd likely have been bumped down the list by other games and/or have been in cheaper bundles (if not given away for free)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Lucky for me Humble bundle help me. Usually I get the bundles containing some games that I want (usually around 15-30/month ) and trade the other games, But 2 months ago Humble bundle banned me and since then I also pause the choice, in this 2 month i finally tackling my backlog and exercise more lol. I guess bundle addiction are real thing haha

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

And it's strange. As now I have more money than ever to spend on stuff... Specially with having work and recent situation...

3 years ago

I guess even when you have money it doesn't feel good to waste it :)

3 years ago

I think it's a normal progression for anyone in the bundle scene.

When I started 2 years ago, my steam library had a dozen games, now I have 600 and at some point, you think a new bundled game is interesting but you likely already have at least 1-2 games of the same genre gathering dust in your library...still doesn't stop you from browsing steam stores or bundles tho xD

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Yeah, same here, worse is when you buy an unbundled game in discount, leave it gathering dust long enough for it to be bundled xD
That helped me slow down more bundle purchases at least.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

The only games I'm interested in are Golf with your friends and Fun with Ragdolls (kinda). So for me it's not worth a whole month, ergo I'm gonna skip this month.

3 years ago

instant buy even if it's only Catherine Classic in this bundle..
wew almost tempted to buy it last discounts, good thing i hold it for a while

btw did 12 choice will stay even when i'm not claimed all the game yet? or we must claim all before time limit?

3 years ago*

There is no time limit in claiming your games.

3 years ago

nc info thanks ^^

3 years ago

Only one game which looks decent for me - easy pass.

3 years ago

only own Evoland Legendary Edition, get 2$ off... so no complaint from me, nice bundle

3 years ago

Why is Strange Brigade 0 CV? I don't think it was ever given away for free?

3 years ago

It was given away on Alienware.

3 years ago

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

3 years ago

I like them, only own 1 game, and with a few good indies, it will be a good bundle for me.
there ain't anything even slightly above B-tier (Brigade)i imagine i will enjoy it, but it's yet another Sniper elite spin off, and the main line is considerably better.
It would be nice if we could get something like Titanfall next month, now that EA games are on Steam

3 years ago

Titanfall is really cheap, you can pick up Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition for $2.99 from time to time.

3 years ago

guess i will have to wait for another steam sale.
The origin version is cheap, but i dont use their launcher

3 years ago

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required. :)

3 years ago

Out of luck then, only way to avoid launching Origin is to use a console. Need to decide what you would dislike least.

3 years ago

False alarm it seems. Nonetheless, the base game itself is a great deal.

3 years ago*

Here is what that sub contains, well left me know if its the deluxe version as im yet to grab my bundle and would be interested as i plan to get a few friends and try this out. https://steamdb.info/sub/259555/apps/

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I guess, it's just that the store page highlights the content as owned by me, even though I own only part of it.

I do not have any downloadable content showing in my library, so I guess it is just the steam store page being inaccurate as always.

And yes - it would be too generous.

3 years ago*

When I went to pause, they offered $4 off my next bill if I don't. Seems kinda tempting now. I'm on the classic plan.

3 years ago

They usually have that offer. You of course need to be on monthly billing or close to your next billing date, since those coupons expire.

3 years ago

Happy cake day Luckz!

View attached image.
3 years ago

Jesus Christ, so many locked keys.

Do you think Humble will care if I reveal all my keys while I'm in the US, and using a store's wi-fi signal? I'm Mexican. :P

Really though. I live in Mexico but plan to move out of the country next year. These games will still work once I leave, right?

3 years ago*

Where you reveal your keys has no effect, your payment address saved in the Humble account & used for the relevant subscription payment is currently what determines region.
Previously it was IP address used to purchase; before that it was a mix of IP address and the payment address given to Stripe/Paypal/etc.

Games you activate on Steam in Mexico will work in any other country later down the road, yes.
Region locked Steam keys you merely reveal now (or don't reveal until later) that are locked to Latin America will not work for you once you change your Steam country to USA or whatever.

3 years ago

Golf With Your Friends + extras counts as one choice and comes as 2 separate keys: Golf With Your Friends + Caddy Pack DLC and Golf With Your Friends - OST. On your purchase page both are labeled as "Golf With Your Friends + Caddypack DLC + OST".

So two copies of the same game ?

3 years ago

i active the first one but it didn't activate the ost, so probably only mistake in title.

3 years ago

No.
The top one is is base game + DLC ("Golf With Your Friends + Caddy Pack DLC)".
The other one is just the OST ("Golf With Your Friends - OST").
Both are labeled the same.

3 years ago

Happy cake day!

3 years ago

I think this month was pretty decent. There were a small handful of games that aren't for me, and that's fine. And a few I already had. Also fine. But most of them are either new to me or right up my alley.

3 years ago

I was all ready to complain about there being no big AAA/big value title until I looked more into the games and realized that about half of them actually look good. First bundle in a while I've ended up getting, and the last in my annual subscription that's probably close to 3 years old.

3 years ago

Well Strange Brigade, I guess, is supposed to play the AAA game in this bundle... if you're one of the few people who don't already own it from when it was free. Not a bad game though and there are good ones in the bundle so it may still be worth it.

3 years ago

I didn't know it had ever been free. As much as it looks good, it does look overpriced as some reviews had pointed out. So personally I wouldn't consider it worthy of being the high-value title in this bundle. Seems like this is a weaker bundle, but by luck has several titles I'm interested in.

3 years ago

Back in the day these monthlies had at least one "big" game to lure in new subs. Now there are a couple of indiegala games and some old games that got bundled recently.

3 years ago

"I don't like the games this month" --> perfectly valid opinion
"I don't like Humble Choice" --> perfectly valid opinion

"This month has some Indiegala games and some old games that got bundled recently" --> completely and utterly ridiculous

3 years ago

Anyone else getting AAA game anxiety now when buying a historical low game on Humble?
It's been three or four monthlies where the main attraction is in my library already after having been purchased on Humble on sale and now I'm weary of getting my AAA on HB.

Example: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD is on sale on HB at historical low right now and with the monthly discount that's about 13 bucks. That would be an insta-buy but now I'm wondering if it's going to be the big game on the next monthly...

Signed:
A gamer with anxiety issues. Obviously.

3 years ago

I've had similar concerns when looking at games on Humble. Not too worried about it though since I rarely pick up anything more expensive than $10. I'm more concerned about them bundling DLC riddled games since my slight OCD tendencies makes me want to get all the content for a specific game.

3 years ago

I'm more concerned about them bundling DLC riddled games since my slight OCD tendencies makes me want to get all the content for a specific game.

Yup. Hence the unsurprising choice of Strange Brigade (or Planet Coaster) and why I'm worried about Monster Hunter World. They are preying on our OCD, those mofos!

3 years ago

As to be expected but still very annoying lol

Edit: I did some, light, research on Strange Brigade and it's not as bad as it initially seemed to me. As far as I understand you will get everything when you purchase the season pass for this game. Which stupidly enough is not something one can take for granted, if it's even the the most common situation these days

3 years ago*

Hahaha a season pass that actually includes all the DLC? Wow. Now I know it's not a Ubisoft game ;)

3 years ago

I bought Katamari the night before it was added to the Bandai-Namco bundle. That one hurt.

3 years ago

I bet! IGN can be so cruel!

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.