September 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 September 25th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 October 2nd 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Forager

Golf With Your Friends

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

The Occupation

Notes:

Golf With Your Friends + extras counts as one choice and comes as 2 separate keys: Golf With Your Friends + Caddy Pack DLC and Golf With Your Friends - OST. On your purchase page both are labeled as "Golf With Your Friends + Caddypack DLC + OST".

Strange Brigade is temporarily out of stock. source back in stock out of stock again (24 Dec) (source)

Free DLCs to claim:

!addlicense ASF 372738,401996,434842,355279,447429

Limited time: Premium and Classic subscribers get all 12 games.

Get all 12 games when you pick up September’s Humble Choice. All Premium and Classic subscribers are eligible. Ends October 2.

🩸 October leaks 🩸 - Chart here (together with some comments)

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Forager 93% of 14875 🏆 3.00 CV app/751780 W 0 $19.99
Golf With Your Friends + Caddy Pack DLC No user reviews - - 2.55* CV sub/89583 0 $16.98
Golf With Your Friends - OST (DLC) 89% of 9 - - 0.15 CV app/564170 W M L 0 $0.99
Strange Brigade 83% of 2139 🏆 0.00 CV ☠ app/312670 W 0 $49.99
Lethal League Blaze 96% of 2614 🏆 3.00 CV app/553310 W M L 0 $19.99
Generation Zero® 67% of 8329 - 🏆 3.75 CV app/704270 W 0 $24.99
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair 91% of 299 🏆 4.50 CV app/846870 W 0 $29.99
The Occupation 75% of 82 🏆 4.50 CV app/765880 W 0 $29.99
Catherine Classic 88% of 3671 🏆 3.00 CV app/893180 W 0* $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York 70% of 738 🏆 3.00 CV app/1096410 W M L 0 $19.99
The Shapeshifting Detective 79% of 576 🏆 1.95 CV app/898650 W M 0 $12.99
Evoland Legendary Edition 88% of 474 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/1020470 W M L 3 $19.99
Fun with Ragdolls: The Game 92% of 1350 - - 2.25 CV app/1142500 W M 0 $14.99

☠ - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $280.86

CV:

• 49.06*

Humble Original / Extras:

Alt254
Carto Sneak-Peak

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Humble Foraging at the bottom of the barrel, or new Impossibly Fun Occupations?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] These are all good games if not great. People complain way too much in these threads…
[New subscription] I managed to resist last month’s tempting offers and not subscribe, but I really love the current selection and I can’t say no to it.
[Maybe subscribe] Maaaybeee... ⚆ᗝ⚆ *counts dollars in the pocket*
[Pause] “Yes, I want to pause.“, “Yes, I am still pausing even if you offer me a $2 discount coupon.“, “Yes, I am sure.“, “Yes, I am REALLY sure!” – They don’t easily take no for an answer, do they?
[Cancelling / will not buy] This month’s choices are severely lackluster.

great games, i have 11 hours in forager now

3 years ago

I think you can't activate Generation Zero® in Saudi Arabia , Can any one confirm ?

3 years ago

I didn't see any restrictions when I checked it last time.

3 years ago

https://steamdb.info/sub/203146/info/

is this the right way to check?

3 years ago

For this specific game, yes, because that's the only likely package that Humble would use here.

If there were any other generic packages in the app's list, then you would have to check those as well: https://steamdb.info/app/704270/subs/

In this case, all other packages aside from the one you linked to appear to be for very specific purposes and likely are not used by Humble.

3 years ago

thank you :)

3 years ago

My biggest regret with HB is not buying the March 2020 HB, because I wanted the Planet Coaster, I was very stupid at the time :(. So now I buy HB choice when there are one or two games that are on my wishlist and the price of the entire bundle is lower than the lowest price I have seen in any sale for that particular game. In my case I wanted Forager and Yooka. Forager has a lower historical price of 11,99€, just for this it makes up for me to buy the HB this month. Also HB give me 4€ off discount, so much better.

3 years ago

Same here, but the rest of the bundle is so off - it even contains even three games I have blacklisted. ? :(

3 years ago

Not a big fan of regional restrictions at all since it prevent me to gift some games to my brother (im in SEA and he is in Europe)

3 years ago

Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get all 12 games for $12 if anybody is interested (25 hours left)

3 years ago

As well as the autocharge date for current subs!!!
So everyone pause while you still can guys!!!!!

Thx for reminder Taco

3 years ago

For ppl considering pausing or canceling, look like you won't be able to use the coupon provided ($3 off) if you were using $12 for the first six months coupon.

3 years ago

Is it just me, or is the Choice subscription page down right now?

3 years ago

Yes, I';m trying to pause and only get a 500 error.

3 years ago

IS the subscription page (https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home) down for anyone else? I'm trying to pause before the autocharge....

3 years ago

It works fine for me but I'm subscribed, maybe it doesn't work for those who didn't?

3 years ago

Also works for me, but I'm already paused [then again, it seems more likely that it got fixed in the past 5 hours]

3 years ago

I was able to pause shortly after your message, thanks.

3 years ago

Sign up by October 2nd and pay only $8 USD a month for the next 6 months. Pick games every month that you get to keep forever!

Enter Promocode: 8for6months

Only new subscribers to Choice are eligible. Gifts are not eligible.

3 years ago

Yeah, they need to chose better who they are sending the emails.

3 years ago

Anyone with the same problem than me? I wasn't billed yet.

3 years ago

I would like to thank you the "important dates" section. 10/10.

3 years ago

Looks like they've accidently leaked October's games (not that leaks matter much in the age of Choice).

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

The link is to the Humble Bundle blog's website, so it seems legit to me, but I'm not especially tech savvy. I suppose we'll find out soon enough!

3 years ago

There was similar leaks before. And if i remember right 1-2 games was replaced in actual bundle.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

the uncertain was bundled to hell and if i remember corectly, even given away for free. but yes, there are some very tempting Games listed

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Hmm if this is true, bad because I'm not a fan, but it would be good for my backlog haha.

3 years ago

+1. Big meh from me.

3 years ago

Yup same here. Guess I'll just press the pause button ahead of time.

3 years ago

Well seems legit but not really an exciting bundle in my eyes with a few games given out for free already. Im sure its a fine bundle but just not genres im interested in but thanks for the quick heads up to what to expect :)

3 years ago

It hasn't even been that long since the Daedalic bundle and there are already 2 games from the top tier there lol.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Autonauts was free on Twitch /Prime Gaming, too!

Pretty terrible line up. :(

3 years ago

Bugger..
that's 4 crap months in a row for me now :(

3 years ago

Not sure yet if Sunless Sea Sunless Skies is one key (a 1-key package does not exist on SteamDB at the moment) or what kind of package is given for The Uncertain, but this will roughly be the content.

• Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition contains the base game plus some cosmetic icons, but lacks the DLCs that add extra content
  • The Uncertain: Episode 1 (base game) was also free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time and given away several times
  • The Uncertain: Episode 1 is most likely featured because of promotional purposes (The Uncertain: Light At The End is coming to Steam on 8 Oct)
  • Shadows: Awakening is featured in a recent Fanatical Bundle (Killer Bundle 13) but it's better to get Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms instead because it contains both games.
  • Iron Danger and The Suicide of Rachel Foster were available in a recent Daedalic bundle on Humble Bundle, and also dropped from lootpacks on LootBoy.
  • GOAT OF DUTY was free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time)
  • Lightmatter was given away on Alienware (lvl 30)
  • Lightmatter (base) is F2P on Steam
Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition No user reviews (Included game has cards) - 54.99 CV sub/309466 0 $54.99
Autonauts 89% of 2098 - 🏆 19.99 CV app/979120 W 0* $19.99
Sunless Sea 84% of 5939 🏆 2.85 CV app/304650 W M L 1 $18.99
Sunless Skies 84% of 1494 - 🏆 24.99 CV app/596970 W M L 0 $24.99
Iron Danger 78% of 217 - 🏆 5.25 CV app/899310 W 1 $34.99
Shadows: Awakening 76% of 1068 🏆 6.00 CV app/585450 W 1 $39.99
Fae Tactics 83% of 319 - 🏆 19.99 CV app/995980 W 0 $19.99
Fantasy Blacksmith 69% of 432 🏆 9.99 CV app/959520 W 0 $9.99
The Suicide of Rachel Foster 72% of 1123 - 🏆 2.70 CV app/1057750 W 1 $17.99
GOAT OF DUTY 90% of 465 🏆 9.99 CV app/555000 W 0* $9.99
The Uncertain: Episode 1 + Soundtrack and Artbook No user reviews (Included game has cards) - 14.99 CV sub/80242 0 $14.99
Basement 78% of 1475 🏆 19.99 CV app/340150 W M L 0 $19.99
Lightmatter - Full Game No user reviews (Included game has cards) - 19.99 CV sub/327748 0 $19.99
3 years ago*

Mixed bag; yet triggers both nostalgia and collector's fatigue: I remember getting Sunless Sea in one of the 'good, old' Indie Bundles (No. 16 in 2016) - to me, it was the highlight... Sunless Skies I already got now, felt a bit lukewarm about the writing though and abandoned it after a longer pause... Maybe I'll give either one another go sometime.

3 years ago

Did you enjoy sunless sea? It's one of those rare games I just couldn't get into the writing o.o I liked the occult ambiance, the survival/navigation mechanic were interesting but the writing kept putting me off, despite I actually bought the game myself because the showcase videos were interesting enough D:

And if you played seas but didn't like skies....I guess I shouldn't even try the 2nd one xD

3 years ago

A mixture of enjoyment and frustration, mechanics-wise. :-)

Found the Underzee setting more convincing than the airborne one. And the writing of the latter sometimes felt like it was just... "trying too hard"? - Overall, Skies is more diverse and polished, and fear of dying was not that much of an issue (the trade-off between reading and floating remains a design concern, of course, but seemed a bit less of a hassle). Just got out of the flow with this ever-time-consuming journey at some point.

3 years ago*

Shadows: Awakening is featured in a recent Fanatical Bundle (Killer Bundle 13) but it's better to get Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms instead because it contains both games.

AFAIK Shadows: Awakening is both Heretic Kingdoms and Awakening in one game. Therefore getting Heretic Kingdoms gives you Heretic Kingdoms and Awakening+Heretic Kingdoms which seems kinda pointless, unless you wanna have +1 to library.

3 years ago

I'm so confused. Where do you guys see Heretic Kingdoms gives you access to Awakening ? Is it something you only know when you activate the game on your library ?

3 years ago

https://steamcommunity.com/app/256030/discussions/0/618457398964234665/#c1644292361959994913

I've seen reports that it only works with Steam purchased copies, but not with keys.

Shadows: Awakening includes all content of Shadows: Heretic (which wasn't finished because the original developer went bankrupt), and using a newer engine, so it basically improves everything. So there's no point in playing Shadows: Heretic.

3 years ago*

Thank you for clearing things up, appreciate it.

3 years ago

SteamDB can show these things:
https://steamdb.info/sub/188685/apps/

3 years ago

Ah yeah indeed, i checked steamdb but didn't find the correct area, thanks!

3 years ago

Two games I already have, which have both been given away for free and there is no game that I want to play in the near future....and with all the games already on my backlog, there is a good chance I never will play them....so skip.

3 years ago

I own four of them even. I'm slightly confused about this as I rarely buy games out of bundles and two of them are marked as unbundled before. I kind of hope we'll get something else but I guess I can always pause.

3 years ago

Lightmatter is a free trial version with DLC to unlock the full game so may display as owned for some despite not actually owning it.

3 years ago

Great, many games I wanted. :D

3 years ago

Oof. I think they're going to get a lot of people pausing / cancelling this time around, assuming they don't change the bundle in some major way last-minute. Personally I only somewhat want 3 of the 12 choices, so it'll be a hard pass for me (again, unless they change something last minute).

3 years ago*

If the leak turns out to be accurate, I'd say the most detracting element is having weekly-bundle games (and 2, no less) so soon after they ran on the Daedalic bundle. It really creates an incentive for users to NOT buy weeklies and instead wait for games to re-appear in Choice... though I do understand that negotiating with publishers for "fresh" titles must not be an easy task. It does make a pause from loyal customers more likely, indeed.

3 years ago

October one is very lacking to me, the only really interesting one is Lightmatter, played the demo and it was excellent. Will pause for sure and get it in a trade.

3 years ago

Funny thing, I've finished Lightmatter 3 days ago. It's a great Portal-like, with though puzzles and a fine story. Completely worth your time :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

That bundle would be even worse than I imagined. The Uncertain EP1 has been given away for free and EP2 is coming in october, so that would just be promo for EP2. Sunless bundle is meh for me because i already have Sunless Sea. Tropico 6 in the Special Edition with postcards and other crap nobody wants is also meh. Not one game makes me go "Oh yes, I want that".

3 years ago

Hope the leak isnt true as i already have 9.5 out of the 12 choices

3 years ago

At this point, Humble is pretty much seeing how low they can go before people unsubscribe.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Or making sure people don't storm their social media when they announce in January that they are canceling the monthly in any form...

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Honestly speaking, we won't lose much..

3 years ago

Not the way they have been going, no. We don't even get cool little indies anymore. Basically it's like the monthly used to be, one "big" game and a bunch of smaller ones, except the big one has mostly become the "buy DLC in our store now" special and the smaller ones have become increasingly smaller rebundles promotional crap.
If they keep going instead of canceling like I always thought they'd do by the end of the year since it started, we'll get one game and a bunch of humble publisher stuff and demos.

I would say I'll save 9 bucks a month but then I have been pausing so much, if they cancel it won't even be that much savings.

3 years ago

I think it's very likely to be correct, that leak. Tropico 6, just after they had a bundle with Tropico 4 and 5, would be exactly how they do business.
I'll probably bite for Tropico and Sunless Skies. But there are only two further games I'm considering to keep and I already own 4. Not really a praiseworthy bundle.

3 years ago*

I am currently in a gamepass frenzy, and this leak does not pick my interest. Only Basement and Lightmatter. I guess I will pause again. Thanks for the heads up

3 years ago

Already have Sunless Sea+Skies but would still get for Tropico 6, Autonauts and Lightmatter. All the other tactical / RTS games will end up on backlog as usual.

Gamepass is taking huge amounts of my time recently though, trying to get through as many games as possible.

3 years ago

Let's hope this is fake. Only interested in The Suicide of Rachel Foster and all other games are already listed " not interested " on my Steam.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

I'm afraid you're right but we can hope right:)

3 years ago

so... let's hope that I can use my last prepaid choices ticket in november.
another skip.

3 years ago

Wow... October looks pretty crap.

3 years ago

friends .... if i subscribe today, i won't win these october games? i have a coupon for 6 dollars descount is it worth it?

3 years ago

Nobody can tell you if these games fit your taste and thus make the purchase worthwhile for you. I suggest looking all of them you're unfamiliar with up on Steam and decide if you want to spend the money on those who truly interest you.

If you subscribe today, you will get September games up until three and a half hours from now when the October Choice is actually revealed and purchasable.

As for me, I'm out. If the leak is true, and I suppose it is seeing it is from Humble's own blog, literally nothing in there I'd play straight away. A couple I'd maybe trade for or try to win here, but nothing I'd spend money on right now. I'm finding this month to be pretty poor. Many free or already bundled games in there, nothing outstanding.

3 years ago*

the suicide of Rachel Foster is highly whitelisted. But the rest is crap unfortunately.

3 years ago

I used to really want to play that one too, but after reading into some reviews I wasn't sure if I'd really enjoy it. Not a fan of horror games tbh.

3 years ago

So disappointed with october, I have a 4$ coupon for my humble classic plan but I'm not even sure I want this bundle for 8$.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.