Comment has been collapsed.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

I knew that game would come in handy eventually!
congrats on 3k!

7 years ago

You get me my 3000th game and then you snipe my thread? ;_;

7 years ago

They don't call me "Double Trouble" Taigo for nothing

7 years ago

No one does.

7 years ago

Let me live my fantasy for one minute, dammit!

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I'm only here for the gibs 😍

7 years ago

And my 3000th game was a game about dicks :<

I thought it was a game about the Ouroboros, and that's why all those snake-like segments were trying to link up together, forming slowly into an all-devouring circle..

Everything I thought I knew was a lie..

7 years ago

Congrats on the 3k! Now stop idling and go play them :p

7 years ago

I wanted to say no, but there isn't such an option. Congrats! Hope you play them.

7 years ago

Congratz zinnerz! and a bump to go!

7 years ago

bump with congrats :3

7 years ago

Congrats! \o/

7 years ago

congrats!

7 years ago

bump :D

7 years ago

3,000 bumps!

7 years ago

You're 2,999 short T_T

7 years ago

Are you tempting me??

7 years ago

Gib gibs
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

Lmao what is that game....

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

Can't pass this site. They say I have either not activated won game (it's not truth) or not public profile (that's not truth either). What can I do?

7 years ago

You sure you activated this win?

7 years ago

Actually I get different game cause the author gave me the invalid key and when I said that, he bought different game.

7 years ago

You shouldn't have marked it received then, read the rules again.

7 years ago

So I should be the bad guy, that lies that I didn't get a game instead?Even though the ga author was honest and tried to fix his mistake? I see... being good today is unprofitable. Being kind to others is just not worth it. It's really sad.

7 years ago

Except you weren't the bad guy- they were. They were supposed to give you the game they made a giveaway for but instead they skirted around it and left you to take the blame since now there is no way for anyone to know if you're saying the truth or have just sold/traded the game you won away for profit. Obviously the latter is highly unlikely given your reply but in the end there is no way to know for sure because the main proof- you having the game on Steam- is not there.

I don't know what you mean by that whole "being good to other not being worth it" thing, but you should understand that that giveaway creator, intentionally or not, screwed you over. Sorry about that. :/

7 years ago

Yep. He screwed. And tried to fix that because of his honesty. As a compensation of his blame.He didn't try to deceive me that he don't have keys or sth and all... he wanted to give me another key instead. Why is that wrong?

7 years ago

No, he didn't "screw up". He "screwed you up". As in, the way he handled it made it so that in the end you would take the blame.
If he wanted to fix it he would have given you an unused copy of the game he was giving away, either by trying to get a replacement key from whatever his source was or just buying a new copy.

Look, I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a bad guy- he might have not known that SteamGifts has a rule that strictly enforces activating a game you win on your own account. However, one way or another the correct way for you to handle it would have been to mark it as not received since you did not receive the game you entered a giveaway for.

Anyway, since this conversation is completely unrelated to what the thread is about, I won't reply any longer on the subject.

7 years ago

It's wrong because that's against the rules. Open a support ticket and explain your case and ask how to fix it.

7 years ago

I just don't care anymore.

7 years ago

Of course you and the creator didn't do anything wrong from a social view. But how shall a system check something like that? It can only compare the games here and in your account.
There are many SGTools giveaways, so you might care some day again. If so, there are three ways for solving:

1. Buy the game the GA was originally for by yourself, so you have it in your library.
  2. Mark the GA as unreceived. If it's the only mistake the creator has made yet, it won't be a big issue for him.
  3. Let the support change the GA to the game you really received. I'd prefer the other solutions, since support already has enough to do.
7 years ago

N°3 is problematic. Support will normally only do that if it's 2 games with almost identical names like Sheltered and
The Sheltered. But the easiest and in my opinion best solution would be to simply delete the GA.

To do that (and this part is mostly directed at Eyrie should he decide to clear up that misunderstanding in the future) the winner has to comment on the GA that he agrees to delete it and the creator has to file a support ticket under Delete GA.

7 years ago

Doh! Forgot that one. Thanks, Sundance!

7 years ago

Don't get me wrong. I'm not mad because "I cannot get pass the system". I am just disappointed that people treat that ga author like, I dunno, he deceived me or sth. NOBODY is perfect. He made a mistake and tried to compensate this. Maybe he didn't do the best what he could but stil, he tried to do sth about that...

Point 2 isn't an option. I can't be that bad to do that. After he buying me another key? I dunno why he didn't bought me the key for the same game but come on. That's what honesty is about. You won't deceive someone because he made a mistake. Especially that he wanted to fix that.

And 3rd point... I have no idea what game was that. Tried to check steam key history to check what game was that but none of the game even fit... I get that day two f2p games and one game that I get for free be "gleam" related system or sth like that. So it couldn't be any of those game. And next one is the next won game here.

I can still ask Support for deleting this giveaway, but I really don't need that. I don't need to get pass this site to try the few giveaways. Cause They are games that: mostly I have, I don't really need, And I probably won't win anyway. So I just ignore that situation. It's not like the world is on fire to be concerned.

7 years ago

Ok, your choice what you do (or don't do) about it. You have some options. But now you know, that it's true that you really didn't activate all your wins.

7 years ago

Actually I did. Life isn't an automatic sequence, so there are unexpected events. Like this one. But nevermind.

7 years ago

I can still ask Support for deleting this giveaway, but I really don't need that. I don't need to get pass this site to try the few giveaways.

Hello EyrieTheEagle

The issue here is that you risk a possible 5 day suspension for non-activation of a win. Substitutions are not allowed under any circumstances and the creator is obligated to provide a working copy of the featured giveaway.

The reasoning for this is quite simple, we are unable to discerned between those who purposefully do not activate their wins, those who make expensive giveaways giveaways but then provide bundle games as a substitute and cases like yours. The correct manner to fix this situation would be to advise the creator to submit a "Delete Giveaway" request, and you providing your consent in the giveaway. That way, the entire matter is treated as though it never happened.

While I understand how you would feel unkind by now marking it as not received, you must understand that the rules are in place for a reason. I strongly urge you to speak with the creator and have this matter settled. In the interm, I recommend you mark this giveaway as not received or risk a possible suspension.

I should probably note that I'm on mobile, so I'm purely going off of what has been written here.

7 years ago

I understand what You all are saying. I know that well. But still...I'm not sure about those method. I was thinking about requesting deleting giveaway though.

7 years ago

You didn't abide by the rules.
You confirmed receiving the game you entered a GA for even though that wasn't the case.

7 years ago

I have the same messages and I'm sure I meet the requeriments too

7 years ago

Congrats ^^

7 years ago

Saudações tugas! Também atingi a barreira dos 3k há umas semanitas, congrats! :b

7 years ago

eh boa alguém tuga e parabéns eu ainda vou para o 1k até aos 3k ainda falta muito

7 years ago

i am also nearly this mark

7 years ago

That's weird, I've been noticing a lot of people here reaching 3000 games on steam lately, quite the coincidence. Anyway congrats!

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

Congrats!

Bump~

7 years ago

Wow

7 years ago

Nem sei que jogar com 700 quanto mais com 3k hahaha Parabéns^^

7 years ago

Realmente, eu ando nos 900 e também estou na mesma. Com 3000 nem lançava o steam.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.