Expeditions: Viking - Daily Deal

I had a great time with Expeditions: Conquistador and this has been sitting pretty high on my wishlist for a while, so now it seems like a good time to buy this great game, but then again, Ash of Gods: Redemption just came out recently.

Ah, Decisions, Decisions! Tough times to be gamer due to the sheer quantity of titles.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Thoughts ?

View Results
Great deal, instabuy!
Meh, still too expensive.
No bundle, no buy.
Not interested in the game.

Still gonna wait for -75%

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

I don't remember it being too difficult or challenging on normal difficulty.

Yeah, the game starts slowly, but the whole Hispaniola campaign is more like an introduction/tutorial to the main dish, which is the Mexico scenario. The 2 nd part is better with bigger maps, more freedom and open structure, more characters and battles.

If you don't fight too recklessly, make smart use of traps and obstacles, land the first hit on enemies first (very important) and keep everyone in good shape/morale, battles should be a piece of cake.

In the late parts of the game, my party grew to a large size and I was struggling to keep everyone well fed, so I had to reload to make sure I got the max possible meat rations out of every hunt and this largely solved the problem. Yes, I am not beneath save scumming when the RNG is punishing me, it takes away from the challenge, but it's unfair to lose the game due to some entirely random factors.

So, don't hesitate to give it another go, it's a real gem and got me wanting to learn more about the culture of Mesoamerican civs. RPGs set in real-life historical settings are few and far between, so it's easy to forgive some historical liberties such as fighting women in your squad, as they make the game more fun and enjoyable overall. I thought the traits of your squad members (racism, religious devotion..) and the way it affects their reactions to your decisions was a great feature, even if it's only for flavour.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Have fun :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

The game seems great. Loved Conquistador

5 years ago

It's a good game, better than Conquistador so far imo. Been working on it for the last few weeks, there's a lot of content.

5 years ago

I watched Thor: Ragnarok a couple weeks ago and it made me want this game. Iā€™m very tempted at this price but have never played Expeditions or a game like this. What to do... :)

5 years ago

I bought Expedition: Viking at release on GOG because I liked Expedition: Conquistador. I got Expedition: Conquistador in a bundle, and it was pretty much the only game in the bundle I was after (though later I discovered another gem of a game from that bundle). One day my internet was out and I was going through seeing which games could run without requiring the Steam client to be running, and when I fired Conquistador up to try out, I ended up playing for 6 hours. I felt bad for the devs considering it was in a 12-game bundle for something like $3 or $4 (it wasn't a PWYW bundle), so I bought it again on GOG. I haven't played Viking yet, but I watched some developer streams and kept up with it during development, so I know I'll like it, and I wanted to support the devs.

5 years ago

You say this is 'Historical Low' price ? lel i found ā‚¬ 7,49 in less than 60 sec :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

As jims9350 said, this is the lowest price on legit stores.

The prices can be tempting, but I never buy from shady gray market resellers like Kinguin or G2A, safest course is to avoid them. There's a likelihood that keys you purchase from them were acquired with stolen credit cards and you may lose the game at a later date.

Better buy from Steam and legit stores to support the devs, it's a small studio, not EA, so every sale counts and helps them to stay afloat and make even better games in the future.

5 years ago*

The price was a little more than what I am comfortable spending on a single game, but I ended up buying this, hope to have some spare time this weekend.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.