FINALLY! After spending like 3h fishing today, I've 100% Terraria. Anyone else going through this hell (the 200 fish challenge) right now? If so, this guide is awesome and it helped me get there fairly quick.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you 100% Terraria?

View Results
Yes
No
Maybe

congrats.

View attached image.
8 years ago

I gave up on finding Doctor Bones and trying to get to level 15 in the frost moon. Fishing sucks, so I don't count those achievements :p

edit: My minion killed Doctor Bones for me while I was looking for a plantera bulb:) Spent 7 minutes searching the area after, to find the hat:(

8 years ago*

You can find him in jungle biome, surface or underground... but getting the banner will be too boring (50 Dr Bones????!!!!)
I'm not sure if the lifeform analycer can help with this zombie

8 years ago

I tried many times to get him. Every time a Blood Moon occurred, I went to the jungle and killed as many zombies as I could, hoping to spawn him. I even blocked myself from enemies and let my minion kill everything near me for hours while I was afk, hoping it would kill him for me. No dice.

8 years ago

just make some simple afk trap for him..

8 years ago

I've done Frost moon on normal on my 2nd try (was at 99% of 14th wave on my first try :D).
My way was to build a simple pit, with a 'flying island' in the middle of it, not too big though, I could easily see most of the edges of the pit and they were on the same height as my 'island'. I stood on this small patch of ground, had honey in it and 2 heart statues wired (+heart lantern and campfire). The pit was filled with traps (3 super dart on bottom of each wall and numerous spike traps just beneath the 'island'.
I've used melee build - beetle set, solar eruption & daybreak to clear, mostly emblems (+4% dmg for accessories) and the werewolf upgraded thingy. Used water candles and battle pot for spawn (not sure if that works). All the pots I could find, so ichor pot and sake for damage, heartreach potion to be safe on hp, minion potion + bewitching table for the dragon summon (it alone clears the first few waves).
Ice witches might be a little problematic, as they just keep on flying around, my strategy was to spam daybreak at them, until they stopped and then just continue with solar flare. The rest of mobs just goes under you and are cleared easily with solar flare (the pit should not be too deep and wide, so that you can clear it whole with solar flare standing on the 'island') Once I improved aiming with daybreak, I got to 15th wave with almost 2h of the night left.

As for Dr Bones, it was a random kill for me, once I was exploring underground of a new map. If you're REALLY fed up with hunting for him, just go afk with a full def set (beetle or the new one), summon the dragon minion and put a water candle somewhere around to increase spawn. The dragon clears pretty much everything rather easily, so as long as you stand in a closed box with honey, heart lantern/campfire and wired heart statues you should be just fine and the achievement will eventually come.

8 years ago*

The moment when I finished terraria ages ago but now I don't even know what you're talking about.

Maybe I should play it again after all these updates.

View attached image.
8 years ago

After the 1.3 patch, they introduced Steam achievements.

8 years ago

Maybe, later.. Haven't gotten around to the game yet.

8 years ago

I will try to 100% Terreria but I doubt i'll get it because I suck at the game. Congrats to you though.

8 years ago

Where's the "100%-ed it and already making progress on forgetting about it" option? :P
I was working on the fishing stuff throughout my whole playtrough though, so that wasn't the last achievement I got.

8 years ago

I'm on that stage, too :D
Well, I racked disciprine for that. With that guide, I've managed to go 50->200 in 3h, so much, much faster than the regular way. Maybe if I wasn't too far into the game already, I could make the fishing quests while playing, but as 1.3 came out I was already Duke Fishron-ready, which was more than enough for the Moon Lord, so there was not that much more content to be explored :P

8 years ago

That's where starting over from scratch (for the second time) helped me I guess. I had the best Patch 1.2 equipment before that too but decided that if the early game has been changed in any way it's a better idea to experience all of it in the intended order.

8 years ago*

Well, when I started playing after 1.3 was out, I couldn't enter my old worlds, where I had most of my stuff, but I was still heavily geared up, so creating a new Expert World and then clearing it took me some time, but not nearly as much as playing with a new character without ANY goodies.

8 years ago

yes, I have 100% achievements and all trophies
now I'm preparing for expert mode moon lord kill
and yes those fishing quests are annoying.)

8 years ago

Nice, I've already got him on expert solo :P It was a cheesy strategy which doesn't work anymore I think.

8 years ago

I've just killed him on solo... whole event on first attempt without single death .. It was surprisingly easy

8 years ago

What kind of strategy did you use?

8 years ago

Simple melee arena

...cheesy?

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Mine was a lava box with heart statues.

Cheesier :P

8 years ago

i just need to complete 36 fishing misions to have 100% hehe... maybe tomorrow :)

8 years ago

Good luck :)

8 years ago

Mmmh i tried to play terraria for a while but i dont really like it xD

8 years ago

I don't have time :(

8 years ago

even thou i have terraria for quite a while i only really started playing it yesterday xD so no clue on what i should/shouldnt do most of the time xD so far i made a house for me and another for guide above ground and explored a bit to the sides

8 years ago

I kinda envy you, I was really into Terraria at first, when I didn't really know how to do all the stuff and I lacked equipment and skill. Now I just play only when a new update comes out, but even then, there's usually not too much content to keep me there for more than a few days. Therefore, introduction of expert mode and achievements was a good idea, as I really had to put some time to beat the game again and it wasn't such a farm-fest as the normal mode (once you're really geared up).

8 years ago

well no clue what u're talking about xD i remember i got game on tremor games and the 1st time i played it i didnt like it much now i'm enjoying it way more xD only wish i had some kind of "directions" to what i should try to atempt next i know there are bosses and such so maybe some npc to point me out in the "right" direction even thou i could still farm build and do what u do now at same time.... or just a sign boss x this way boss y that other one... do u understand what i mean? XD i love exploring and i dont mind that i can get lost like i've been gettin xD thou at same time i wish i could at least know where a boss is so i could atempt on taking him down wich current gear xD

8 years ago

I chopped a tree down.

8 years ago

1st time i played took me a while to figure out how to do it xD then i "learned" from minecraft xD

8 years ago

100%'D Dark souls, enough of a challenge for me.

8 years ago

kinda on my backlog xD along side with others..... played it a bit want to play more... but saving money for dark souls 2 scholarship or something like that xD so i can play both in a row xD might seem silly but for games that have multiple parts i rather play straight from 1st to last xD also waiting on having enough money for agarest 2 (not the second game is actually the 3rd) among others xD

8 years ago

Decided to play it again so I can finish the last 2 achievements a few hours ago, finally finished the 200 fish quests and now I can relax and try to beat TL2 on expert hardcore and then some for that game to be 100%.

8 years ago

What achievements do you still need to get?

8 years ago

Quite a few actually like getting crits, breaking breakables, selling items and buying items and using enchanter after I get 10M gold to name a few that is going to take a long time. 19 visible achievements left and 4 or so hidden . . . The crits itself is going to take at the very least 14 hours additional time . . .100,000 crits ughhhh, though I don't have to be there due to training dummy.

8 years ago

Wait. You're talking about xbox achievements, right? :P

8 years ago

Must have misread, for Terraria I needed to get the terrarian and the 200 fish quests but got those yesterday making me 100% that game.

8 years ago

How hard was that game and how many playthroughs were required for 100%?

8 years ago

You don't require 'playthroughs' to beat the achievements, it's a sandbox game :P

8 years ago

Weren't there something with hard difficulty and stuff with perma-death?
Might be confusing it with a different game though O.o

8 years ago

There's Hard mode once you kill a certain boss for the first time and the game progressively gets harder after killing another few bosses, but the world stays (almost) the same for most of the part.
You can play a character that will die permanently, but it's just up to you and you don't get any benefits by doing that, so everyone plays softcore characters.

8 years ago

Ah, I see. Thanks!

8 years ago

I thought about it for a while, then I saw some achievements required fishing and... I don't know, I dislike Terraria's fishing mechanics.

But anyway, congrats!

8 years ago

Well, I don't dislike it. It's ok if you just do it occasionally, however, if you have to grind it 200 times for an achievement, it becomes a real hassle. Yeah, thanks :)

8 years ago

Since when are there achievements?

I've already 100%'d the game before, yet have none of them. Don't care.

8 years ago

Since 1.3 patch.

8 years ago

I'm close to it but I have taken a break. I will get them all soon or later thought.

8 years ago

Will you? I already did it.
For fishing achievement:

1. Get quest and fish
  2. Place fish in chest
  3. Save and quit
  4. Backup you world (copy it on desktop, or something)
  5. Load your world and finish your quest
  6. Save and quit
  7. Replace your world with backup file
  8. Achievement unlocked? If not, go to 5.
8 years ago

I think that's even faster than the method described in the guide ;o

8 years ago

Congratulations!

8 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by Slowacki.