Update: Sale's over folks, hope you got some great games at a great price.

Just saw that Spike Chunsoft is holding a great sale.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - $3.99 (80% off)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - $3.99 (80% off)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - $15.99 (60% off)
Danganronpa 1 & 2 Bundle - $7.18 (82% off)
Danganronpa 1 & 2 & V3 Bundle - $17.97 (78% off)
Danganronpa 1 & 2 & Another Episode Bundle - $12.57 (82% off)
If you want to get the whole Danganronpa series, it's slightly cheaper to buy the 1/2/V3 Bundle and then the 1/2/Another bundle for completion.
Another Episode is an optional but recommended game that takes place after 2 and before 3 (the Anime), all of which take place before V3 (the game).

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - $5.99 (80% off)
The Nonary Games includes 999: Nine People, Nine Hours, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward.
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemna - $3.99 (80% off)
Zero Escape Trilogy Bundle - $7.98 (80% off)

There's other games on sale too, like the spin-off Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls and Steins Gate 0, and all are historic lows: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/SPIKECHUNSOFT/#browse

I can personally vouch for Zero Escape: The Nonary Games being awesome escape-the-room / visual novel games with a gripping and thrilling story.

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm really excited to play Zero Escape because I loved Exit/Corners on Kongregate, which I believe was heavily inspired by ZE.

4 years ago

Since they are on sale with such big cut any chance there will be a bundle with all of them on humble bundle or fanatical?

4 years ago

There's always a chance that they will, and there's always a chance that they won't. I've seen games get bundled later on, and I've seen games that didn't go on sale again until 2 years later.

4 years ago

thanks for the heads up, Because of this I had a few days to save up for both danganronpa and zero escape bundles before sale ends. Played a lot of room escape and point and click mystery games but It will be my first time playing an anime style visual novel. Looking forward to it. Thanks again! :D

4 years ago

Nice! I hope you like them.

If you like room escape, I think you'll love the Zero Escape series.

4 years ago

thank you for the recommendation, already completed the 999. Currently playing VLR. Enjoying it so far. Truly worth it :D

4 years ago

Glad you like it. :)

4 years ago

Heads up on Nonary Games - the final puzzle in the original release of 999 utilized both of the DS's screens, and so for the Steam version the puzzle was modified. Unfortunately, the way in which the puzzle was modified completely ruins its narrative impact and significance. The Nonary Games is well worth it for Virtue's Last Reward alone, but the definitive version of 999 remains the original DS release.

TL;DR Buy The Nonary Games, but play the DS version of 999 if you have access to it.

4 years ago

I'm not sure. The final puzzle in itself actually doesn't really use both DS screens. It's the narration coming to the puzzle that uses both screens. The puzzle itself is fine. In fact they could have used the exact same puzzle on the nonary games.
I think the narration coming to the puzzle suffers from having one screen, but not the puzzle.

999 still needs a definite version. Because the DS version where you have to redo every puzzle 3 or 4 times (because they cannot be skipped on further playthroughs) is not it either. Narratively it's better but from a gameplay perspective The nonary games is better.

4 years ago

One nice thing on the DS version too was how the narration was on the bottom screen while dialogues were on the top screen.
For the PC version it's worth mentioning that Adventure mode only displays the dialogues and no narration, while Novel mode displays both.

4 years ago

Bought zero escape triology. Loving it so far. Was gonna get DR, but since some people say it's better to just watch people play it, I didn't get it.

4 years ago

I think those people are crazy! I can't think of any game I'd rather watch than play, and a visual novel style game? Watching someone play a visual novel style game sounds like it's from one of the levels of hell - with the added difficulty that you need to find someone who reads at the same pace you do, so you're not constantly waiting for them to catch up or struggling to keep up yourself. I can think of many games I really liked that I would have hated watching someone else play.

But, regardless, I'm glad you're enjoying Zero Escape. :)

4 years ago

Might want to change the OP to mention it's over.

4 years ago

Thanks, just did that.

4 years ago

You can adjust the speed in YouTube or a stand-alone video player :)

4 years ago

To 75% or 125%, which only works if they're exactly that that much slower or faster than you need them to be. And a stand-alone video player? For that you'd have to download the Youtube video first.

Instead of faffing around with all that nonsense, why don't we just... play the game? ;)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.