So... first and foremost, this isn't calling out (read before jumping to conclusions) , because it doesn't show up on my wins nor i plan to mention the name of the user.

Now, as for what happened itself (the part that matters), short story (as much as possible), step by step.

1) Won a giveaway;

2) User sent me the "alleged key" to my mail;

3) Key showed up as being a dupe, which added to the fact that it's the user's 1st giveaway either means he doesn't know what he's doing or... well, no further comments there;

4) Replied to his e-mail telling him to kindly accept my friend request so we could sort it out and figure out what happened or i'd be forced to report which i really didn't want to, because it could have been an honest mistake;

5) Minutes after my e-mail i notice my friend request had been removed, went to his profile to try to add, got the typical error you get which obviously means he blocked me;

6) Left with no other choice (as far as i see it) i tried to mark it as not received, but all i can do is click 'Yes' under 'Received Gift?'. I can't click the 'No'. Ironically, if i hover my other wins which i already marked as 'Yes', i can change it to 'No', or at least it's 'clickable', because i obviously wasn't about to experiment with clicking them.

Bottomline:

Can't mark gift as not received and yes... i know simple suggestion is "Report giveaway and submit ticket to support"...
Which i will if there's no other choice, but i'd certainly hate to burden SG's support already overwhelming backlog with a ticket for something that someone might have a simple explanation for. Or maybe i'm just being dense here, and am missing something since this is the 1st fake giveaway i win and haven't seen anything in the FAQ that indicates so (which i went to re-read to see if i had really missed something).

So, any other thoughts? :/

Thanks in advance if you bothered to read it all or most anyway.

EDIT: Full facepalm, need to wait a week and i honestly didn't read the "Important: 'Not Received' feedback can only be left after the giveaway has been closed for one week. This allows the sender adequate time for gifting the game."

/Thread (sigh)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you wait 7 days for the "not received" button to unlock? Been there, watching that green bar for 7 days sucks but those are the rules.

9 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Closed 9 years ago by TheZooZ.