Hi everybody!

I know that keys from Capcom bundle are region locked if you buy them from region locked country (Russia in my case), so it made me wonder if that works on other bundle and store purchases.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I think some bundles had region locked keys for some games, but not many.
If I'm not wrong the sega bundles were region locked for some countries.

8 years ago

In that case it depends on game and it's publisher I guess. Thanks for the reply!

8 years ago

I think it might be based on the game, not the site you buy them from. There were some posts about some of the games from one of the recent bundles being region locked even though it doesn't explicitly state that they are. I have some of those keys still and was hoping I didn't run into that problem.

8 years ago

Yeah, I have some other Humble keys which I planned to giveaway, but after what happened with Capcom bundle keys I was not sure about those keys' region. It depends on publisher I guess. Thanks for the reply!

8 years ago

Some games are region locked and aren't marked as such. For example I had to reroll a giveway for Secret of the Magic Crystals because the winner was from Iran and couldn't activate the game. Humble Support was very nice and friendly trying to deal with this issue, but they ultimately couldn't solve it.

8 years ago

I am not sure that they could do something about that kind of problem. I wish there was a way to check if the key is region locked so there would be no such such problems with giveaways. Thanks for the reply!

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by deadxobbit.