I use X360CE, it's a program that emulates a normal controller and makes it think that it's an xbox 360 controller. Well it works with everything expect all valve games. I do everything and I enable it in the console, but then all what I can do is look up and down, and nothing else, help :D

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Didn't we tell you to just get a 360 controller yesterday? Why you cheaping out on us? :P

1 decade ago

No, because I ended up buying a pack of batteries and mini air conditioner instead. I have been using X360CE for about a year now. I'm not rich, im only 12.....

EDIT: I NEEDED to buy the mini air conditioner because of how hot it get's in Texas. I would've gotten the 360 controller, but ya know it's not something that I NEED.

1 decade ago

Haha, I'm not hating; only teasing ^__^ for the record, the entirety of my Big Picture experience has been with a 360 controller and wireless USB dongle and I have yet to experience any issues across a myriad of partially-to-fully controller supported games.

1 decade ago

I've noticed that a lot of the games that say "Partial Support" work just fine. For example, if there was a way to launch SRTT without having to click on "DirectX 9 or DirectX 10/11", then it would be fully supported (yes you can bypass this by overwriting exe files, but a simple flag setting would have been ideal... maybe that will happen now that mod tools are being developed).

1 decade ago

I'm not rich, I'm only 14. But you should use a better thing that X360 or MotionJoy.

1 decade ago

I'm not sure what controller you are using, but I highly recommend MotionJoy if it's anything PS3 (SIXAXIS/Dual Shock 3/BD Controller). When the DS3s finally came out my original packed-in SIXAXIS wasn't getting much play, but now it's my dedicated solution for wireless PC gaming (although I do have a wired X360 controller for game development) in combination with MotionJoy.

Just quick FYI, you don't need a PS3 to pair/unpair a controller to your PC, however if you ever want to use the controller with a PS3 or any other device you'll have to go through the pairing process, most likely with the aid of a mini-USB cable (aka it stays "stickied" to your PC, which is actually a good thing but I've seen complaints from people who had trouble using a controller with their PS3 again). I've tested it and it works on HL2/EP1/EP2/L4D2/etc. If you need .cfg files for a controller (even though they exist in your Steam folder by default), let me know on Steam as I have some modified ones that work well.

1 decade ago

Have you tried not enabling it on the console but run Steam on BigPicture instead?

1 decade ago

Yes, I have.

1 decade ago

My Controllers don't even work with X360CE :(

1 decade ago

A friend recommended X360CE to me and he uses some kind of Logitech controller he was able to pick up for cheap. I really like the no fuss aspect of MotionJoy though (I have yet to use it for emulation yet but it has special functionality for that too) so I tend to recommend to people that they pick up a used SIXAXIS (or DS3 if they want Rumble Support for the games that offer it) and a BT adapter if need be (anything 2.1+ is fine and can be snagged for 5$ max).

1 decade ago

1. Go get version 2.1.2.190 Beta 2. Version 2.1.2.191 doesn't work properly for me.

2. After setting up everything, open the application, set up everything, go to the "Options" tab and check every box mentioning "xinput".

3. Happy gaming.

1 decade ago

dosen't work :(

1 decade ago

Try 10 mg instead of 5.

1 decade ago

mg?

1 decade ago

"dosen't work :(".
"dosen't".
"dose".
"DOSE".
.___.

1 decade ago

Milligrams?

1 decade ago

lol AG killed the joke but I still laughed... although I have a dark sense of humor and am a medical school dropout (by choice I might add, I had the grades, I just couldn't see myself enjoying working in the field after a year).

1 decade ago

wut?

1 decade ago

Once you are older and become a pillhead it will make sense.

1 decade ago

pillhead?

1 decade ago

It was purely a joke, man. Stop thinking about it.

1 decade ago

I think you need to put the files in the /bin sub folder instead of the one with the .exe, atleast for Portal 2 :)

1 decade ago

yea dats wut i did

1 decade ago

Are you sure you need to use x360ce with Valve games? They are all Mac and Linux compatible, and they are slightly anti-microsoft anyway. Xinput is part of DirectX, and all of Valves games were converted to OpenGL for Mac/Linux compatibility.

1 decade ago

OpenGL is a graphics rendering library, it doesn't have anything to do with reading from peripherals.

But Valve games could very well use DirectInput instead of XInput (both parts of DirectX) so the emulator might not be needed.

1 decade ago

Before trying a game with X360CE you should always try the game with just the controller first to see whether it's detected ok. X360CE is specifically meant for games which show no response to the controller thanks to only have XInput support and no DInput. So for games which actually do offer DInput support it's pretty much a waste and might even cause problems.

1 decade ago

Not at all. X360CE is meant for the controllers which aren't seen in games, and are not xbox 360 controllers. I've managed to get it to work with about every game in my steam library.

1 decade ago

In other words DInput controllers. But it's superfluous if the game already has DInput support.

1 decade ago

I can confirm it works with Portal 2.

1 decade ago

Kind of random but I ran into this website when looking for a list of "Supported Controllers", Pinnacle Game Profiler. It's payware ($15 USD atm) but they offer a demo and it seems pretty handy. Might be work checking out if you are hitting deadends elsewhere.

Edit: Oh yeah, in b4 "poor 12 year old" rant; try finding it "used" or start mowing some lawns (unless you live in a city where a lawn is a 2x2 patch of grass if you are lucky).

1 decade ago

It's a good tool, only a bit overpriced for a communitybased tool, as the community creates most of the gameprofiles.

1 decade ago

And it's a Macro tool (assigns keyboard commands) which means that you lose analog control benefits which is important for something like a Racer.

1 decade ago

Heh it seems like to get around this the developers actually promote (require) the use of other software/drivers that offer this support. Seems a bit off for payware.

1 decade ago

I've had a bad experience with used items. And in Texas GRASS DOSENT EVEN GROW, atleast in my area.

EDIT: NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT. Taking all Pre-Ap classes.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Angrygamer.