I really loath the fact that Amazon isn't always clear whether a game activates on Steam. Sometimes you have to read the reviews to know. And while one reviewer references Steam, he only talks about "online support", which could mean forums and might not necessarily address Steam activation.

I'm dying (figuratively) for a rail shooter on Steam. Does anyone know whether Amazon's product activates on Steam?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So it looks like most people don't think it does. While the topic's up, just wondering if there are any other rail shooters on Steam that you're aware of.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Since it doesn't mention requiring Steam on the page, it probably doesn't activate on Steam.

1 decade ago

Not necessarily. I've seen plenty of cases where it doesn't mention Steam, but reviewers have confirm the game does indeed activate on Steam.

1 decade ago

nope

1 decade ago

"Leaderboards and Achievements are not available in this version." - Based on this I would say no. It would be nice if Amazon was more transparent like GOG.com about activation.

1 decade ago

Good point. I was thinking the same, but hoping differently. Based on Steamprices.com, Yar's Revenge has never gone below $4.99 (50% discount).

1 decade ago

If you aren't sure then don't buy it o_o'', from what I see though it looks as if it doesn't.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by chairmankao.