Is there any rule/restriction to steam group to register to be SG group?

One of my group, Adult Only Games, it don't show in my SG group list. I can't create GA for this group. It's been one month since this group was created.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

bump

5 years ago

I'm actually no longer finding several of my steam groups on the groups page [though they were there in the past, and are still active on Steam], but they're still showing up for me in the giveaway creation group selection. Not sure if that's related to your issue or not, but maybe it'll help narrow down the issue.

5 years ago

Thanks for this information

5 years ago

Seems like no one reading this has an answer so far. I don't have an answer for your problem, but maybe I can assist a little.
The groups you are able to create giveaways for should AFAIK be listed in https://www.steamgifts.com/account/steam/groups, but as you say, Adult Only Games doesn't show up there for some reason. I tried joining that group and syncing SG manually to see if I had the same problem and indeed I do. Steam lists all of my groups both on my steam profile and at https://steamcommunity.com/my/groups/. SG lists all of my groups except Adult Only Games. I even joined a group with the term "adult" in it and created this new test group:
Group Name: Adult Only Test Abbreviation: Adult Only 2 Group Link: [...]/adult_only_2
Both groups are detected by SG & I can create GAs for them, which leads me to believe there's either a glitch in SG's system of detecting groups, or your group has been added to some filter list. I don't know how it all works, that's just my personal reasoning.
This might be irrelevant, but I noticed you're the group owner and that your Steam game details are not public and that the other admin (and officer) of the group has a private profile. Maybe try changing to fully public, syncing your SG profile manually (you might have to wait a while and then update again - some times SG needs some time to sync with Steam). Just a suggestion.

5 years ago*

Thanks for test and information.

I had tried this (set public and sync) about week ago but nothing change

5 years ago

Have to tried setting both public for a few days? SG and Steam sometimes take some time to sync.

5 years ago

An idea. Try to create a giveaway for the group, even if it doesn't appear in your group list, to see if at least it works.

5 years ago

I can't found it in both group list (https://steamcommunity.com/my/groups/) and create page
So, I can't create a GA for this group.

5 years ago

I can't see your group either. I can only recommend to set all the admin as public and wait a few days, just in case, and send a support ticket to SG

5 years ago

Just out of curiosity, did you find out the reason for this occurrence?

5 years ago

SG don't give any further reply, and this problem still exist.

5 years ago

Hey I have the same problem with a Steam group I just created one hour ago, and a few successful syncs since then has not resulted in my new group appearing in my list on SG or when creating a new GA.
My group is listed on my profile as the "Primary Group" - I wonder if that makes a difference?

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.