Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

ESGST is literally hiding my win lol
My latest win, the game "DESYNC" is completely hidden when ESGST is enabled.

Look at the screenshots for comparison:
Imgur Screenshots

5 years ago

Check your filters.

5 years ago

As you can see in the screenshot, filters are turned off anyways.

5 years ago

I'm talking about all type of filters. Do you have User Filters enabled?

5 years ago

No. Only GA and Discussion filters. Nothing else.

5 years ago

Can you see if temporarily marking the giveaway as received makes it appear normally? This is a really weird bug, and I can't think of anything that would do this, apart from the filters.

5 years ago

Do you use Giveaways Sorter? Is it possible the giveaway is being moved to the bottom?

5 years ago

Already marked as received, still the same problem.
Disabled GA Sorter for testing, still the same problem.
It´s really weird. And it´s even weirder that the only GA that is hidden is "DESYNC". Could it be some problem with the name?
Could it be interpreted as code somehow? ^^

5 years ago

I don't see how. I'll look around in the code to see if I find anything.

5 years ago

Hi! I have the same issue. I think those GAs was manually hidden by me. I hide GAs often, but they always were at "won" page before. I think it started after last update

5 years ago*

You shouldn't expose your keys like that.

If you turn off Giveaway Filters > Single Filters, do the giveaways appear normally?

5 years ago

they are all redeemed, but you are right

yes; and I just found "Do NOT run it here" setting, so it solved my problem, thanks! ^^

5 years ago

This should be fixed in v8.3.0.

5 years ago

Can you confirm what krolik7 said that the giveaway was hidden using ESGST's single filters?

5 years ago

This should be fixed in v8.3.0.

5 years ago

I wanted to find out who blacklisted me.
I'm using "Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades - ESGST" for the first time. I have activated "black list only". And I'm on the site https://www.steamgifts.com/users, but he only scans the first 25 users! How can he scan everything?

5 years ago

You can't, that's not allowed. It would cause huge stress on the SteamGifts servers.

5 years ago

Thank you for your reply. Then I will now deal with the other functions

Edit: how many users does Steamgifts have?

5 years ago

1,079,538 according to https://www.steamgifts.com/stats/community/users.
You can see how long it would take to scan all those users. lol
Don't bother too much with blacklists, try to focus on your blue hearts instead.

5 years ago

Latest update made marking a thread as solved a chore.
It's not responsive anymore. I use it to mark deals and other stuff as viewed

5 years ago

It's working fine for me. Maybe I already fixed whatever the issue was in the dev version and was unaware of it. I'll try to push an update until tomorrow.

5 years ago

Could it be that the string used is so big that it takes time to append a new entry?

5 years ago

You mean your storage? What size is it (you can view that in the backup menu)?

5 years ago

161 kb, no wonder it updates the status slow sometimes
i just need to leave it for 10 seconds most

5 years ago

161 KB is not that much at all.

Have you tried with only one tab open? ESGST has a lock system to prevent things from multiple tabs from overwriting each other.

5 years ago

hmm, maybe that's happens, thanks

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

How does that relate to this extension?

5 years ago

for some reason lately i have a problem where endless scrolling doesnt work in the giveaways section, but it works in comment section for example. I simply scroll to bottom in giveaways and there are no pages buttons in the giveaways bot.

5 years ago

Giveaways bot?

5 years ago

What do you mean

5 years ago

You said that.

5 years ago

Ah you mean bot like bottom not bot like automated thing. Yea the end of the giveaways page

5 years ago

Any errors in the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J) when you reach the bottom?

5 years ago

The problem seems to be fixed, idk if its because of any updates on the script or my browser side :\ sorry for helpless invoice.

5 years ago

Hi, firstly, thank you for the awesome work these days for improving the extension/script and make it more and more stable.
And I just want to ask how do you do the Emojis thing? Do you make your own or is there a web site to do it? And is it possible I add my own ones?
I found the Emojis is super awesome because I can use them in most forums, especially use them in Steam forum and chat.

5 years ago

I got them from here. I'll probably have to update the list soon, as it's been a while since I last updated it.

I'll see about allowing users to add their own.

5 years ago

I'll take a look at that website. Looks interesting! Thanks for the info. 😮👍🏽

5 years ago

This one is also nice: https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html It lists all of them.

5 years ago

W😱W~~ Impressive!! That's hella lot of it!!! Wish we could replace some with our own ones. 🤣

5 years ago

v8.3.0 allows custom emojis.

5 years ago

Oh~~ Nice!! But how does it work exactly? Can I upload an icon or cropped picture and make it a custom emoji? 🤔

5 years ago

No, images don't work. Only text emojis. And even if pictures could be uploaded, they would appear at the end of the post, so it doesn't make much sense.

5 years ago

Ok, got it. So the emoji thing is a code implemented by browsers/apps/webs natively. If the browsers/apps/webs don't support/recognize the code for an icon/picture, there is no emoji/icon existed for that code. Is like that?
BTW, I input some text for a custom emoji but the outcome is just like a plain text. I don't see any difference between them. Is it normal?

5 years ago

Correct, if the browser doesn't support it, it will just appear as an empty square.

Yeah, plain text will just come out as plain text. The difference is that it will be saved, so you can reuse it quickly. The custom emojis are meant more for emojis like this: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 years ago

The custom emojis are meant more for emojis like this: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh~~ OK, that makes sense!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🤣🤘

5 years ago*

Is there anyway to extract the appids from your ignored list? Trying to import it into my steam ignored list but need to get the app ids

5 years ago

Not in the extension, but I can arrange that.

5 years ago

oooh, thanks :D

5 years ago

Just to be sure, you're talking about this, right?

5 years ago

yup

5 years ago

You can do this in v8.3.0, through the Hidden Games Manager feature.

5 years ago

I will be moving my styles from userstyles.org to github in the near future. Is there anything you would require to automate getting settings (json with certain format?) or something else ?

5 years ago

A JSON would be nice, in any format you prefer.

5 years ago

I've suddenly lost all my settings while simply browsing. Even without a browser restart. I could still see browser tabs with my settings while reloaded tabs had blank settings. Surely hard to say why since I wasn't even doing anything on SG...
Luckily I backup them daily since when I lost them the first time, so I was able to restore a recent version :)
Of course extension version and latest Firefox.

5 years ago

Sorry about that, I have no idea why this is happening. Is your Firefox profile old? Maybe it's corrupt? Did you check the folder where the data is located to see if it vanished from there?

5 years ago

I'm not sure how old my Firefox profile is but didn't make similar problems with other extensions. I didn't check the folder before recovering, I'll do it if it happens again. Thank you anyway!

5 years ago

Little question: How have both 5.3. (Not Activated/Multiple Win Checker) and 5.16 (User Suspension Tracker) activated. How do I see, if a user has already served his suspension?

5 years ago

It should appear when you're checking the user, but the database for this is a bit outdated. I'll see if I can update it soon.

5 years ago

Thanks a lot for the answer. Just how does it appear? Is there a symbol or something? (It doesn't say anything in the description of the option and since I haven't seen anything so far, I don't know what to look for 😄)
By the way when I'm already writting: Thank you so much for all your hard work. Your tool is really, really helpful!

5 years ago

Like in the attached image.

The number shows how many of the user's not activated wins he has already served suspension for, based on the date of the last ticket related to the user that was resolved. If you hover over the number you will see that date.

But like I said, the database is extremely outdated, so it only appears for a few users right now, but I'll be slowly updating it over the next couple weeks.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Ahh, perfect. Even if it's outdated, every ticket I may not have to make is some work spared for the mods and myself. Obviously the last few users I checked weren't in the database, so I just didn't knew what to look for. This helps a lot. Thank you so much!

5 years ago

Thank you for the explanation had already asked me if the function works as I have never seen it.

Now I just wanted to upload my tickets and now have the following error in the console.
If I now mark the corresponding tickets and press the upload button, this changes to the loading circle and nothing more happens.
At my last tickets 2 weeks ago, everything still worked.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Hello, since a couple of days ago when the script searches for information on Steam, it returns an error - representing with a !. When I hover on the ! it says there was "An error happened while loading game categories". Any way to fix this? Thank you!

5 years ago

What version are you using?

5 years ago

8.1.5. I'm sorry, I thought I was up-to-date because ESGST used to auto update itself. I can't find any way to update, so I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall right?

5 years ago

If you're using the userscript version, that is no longer maintained. ESGST is now a full browser extension. So yeah, backup your data, uninstall the userscript, install the extension and then restore your data.

You can still update to the latest version that supported the userscript (8.1.13) manually by clicking this link: https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/raw/8.1.13/ESGST.user.js

5 years ago

Oh, I see... Ok, I'll follow your steps and if I have a problem I'll comment again. Thank you very much for your immediate help!

5 years ago

I decided to upgrade to the extension, made the json file, installed it, turned off the script, "restored" the json, and all my settings--including user tags and notes (of which I had a lot)--are completely wiped. Any help would be appreciated.

5 years ago

Did you back up your entire data? Downloading just your settings doesn't include user tags / notes, you have to back up your whole data through the backup menu. If you haven't uninstalled the userscript, your data is still there.

This is the page where you back up stuff: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=backup Select everything and download it.

5 years ago

Thank you! Unfortunately, I already accidentally wiped everything in the script, so my usernotes are gone for good. However, I shall remember this link for the future. Thank you!

5 years ago

ah, what is the option to select individual items (like in messages or whatever) to mark those selected comments as read?

5 years ago

Comment Tracker

5 years ago

Thank you. There used to be a tickbox next to each comment (next to the Collapse/Expand button) in my Messages page which I could tick, but I never figured out how to use it. I only really noticed it when it went missing.

5 years ago

I think that comes from Multi Manager?

5 years ago

Can anyone explain why I have 2 buttons on the page? 1 for 8.1.13 and 1 for 8.2.1. uninstalling and reinstalling does not work.

5 years ago

You have both the userscript and the extension installed.

5 years ago

Thanks. Which do I uninstall and how?

5 years ago

Uninstall the userscript (if you had data there, make a backup first - make sure the extension is turned off so that you are backing up the userscript data). Well, how did you install it in the first place? I assume you're using Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey?

5 years ago

Tampermonky. I appreciate the help. Will give it a go. thanks

5 years ago

I uninstalled both. Which should do you suggest that i use?

5 years ago

Use the extension.

5 years ago

Thank you

5 years ago

Hi can you tell me if ESGT has the funktion like they show which game you owned with a green hack , the game you not owned with red X and the game u wishlisted with a pink heart ??

5 years ago

ESGST can show if you own or wishlisted a game but afaik not with the symbols you mention. I guess there are other userscripts which do this. However if you wanna use ESGST you should look in the settings for games -> game categories. There you can activate what you wanna see like owned or wishlisted.

5 years ago

thank you. i found this "Steam Web Integration" in userscript. I just bought a new laptop yesterday so i have to set everything new.

5 years ago

Game Categories allows you to specify whatever icon / color you want.

5 years ago

Oh thanks for the clarification. I totally missed that you can change the icons.

5 years ago

Yes, Game Categories, you can specify whatever icon / color you want.

5 years ago

Seems like a few games doesnt show user reviews. I have tried removing gcCache from localstorage, I even tried clearing my firefox cookies/cache and went to Delete in ESGST settings and deleted everythin except my settings. But nothing helped.

Any idea?

Edit: Got this error in main page. So guess its a steam error?

Object { error: "{\"error\":\"Internal error when fetching data from Steam. Steam might be down or the data might not exist. Please try again later.\",\"result\":null}" }

5 years ago*

Please post some examples.

5 years ago

For example on community wishlist I dont see reviews on:
MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
JUMP FORCE
Return of the Obra Dinn

5 years ago

They appear for Shadow of the Tomb Raider for me, so that might be the cache. I'll see if I can figure out why the others aren't showing.

5 years ago

Seems to be working now.

5 years ago

Steam changed something in their HTML, so the ratings weren't being retrieved. I fixed it in the ESGST server, the fix for the extension is coming soon.

5 years ago

Hello gsrafael, I wonder can you help me? Two days ago my Firefox have crashed and since then I can't get ESGST to run. No icons shows up on the SG menu bar but FF on add-ons page shows ESGST as running :(. I tried to call some URL commands (like https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=backup) but to no avail. Is there a way to retrieve settings in this situation?

5 years ago

What happens if you try to reinstall the add-on? To prevent data loss, back up the extension storage file. It should be somewhere like %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile.name\browser-extension-data\{71de700c-ca62-4e31-9de6-93e3c30633d6}\storage.js on Windows.

5 years ago

Thank you for your response. I wanted to wait with add-on reinstall until I learn what files I need to backup. Unfortunately it seems storage.js get corrupted in some way - it had only 440 bytes :|. Not a big deal, but setting everything from a scratch, oh man, it will hurt a little xD

5 years ago

That's why you should regularly backup your data from the ESGST menu (or configure the automatic backup to do so).

5 years ago

Now I know :)

5 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I've found an ESGST bug. I'm trying to use the Giveaway extractor on this discussion thread, and no matter which page I'm on, it only extracts the first 5 giveaways from the first page of the discussion, not the ones on the current page I'm viewing ("page=48" in the URL I just shared). It's been awhile since I used the extractor, but last time I did, I didn't have this problem... but I also don't remember if it was a new thread or an old one at the time.

I'm using ESGST 8.2.1 as a Firefox extension in Firefox 65.0.1 x64 on Windows 10.

5 years ago

Are you extracting in a new tab? As far as I know, the extractor only checks the current page when extracting in the same page. On a new tab, it checks the first page (I can change that if that's the case).

5 years ago

I do have "Open the extractor in a new tab" enabled. However, if I disable the "Open the extractor in a new tab" option, it does the same thing (in an overlay window, which is cool, so I think I'll keep that turned off). It still extracts from page 1 of that thread instead of page 48 (or 49 or whatever page). And it doesn't let me go past those first five extracted giveaways. In the example above, that means it only shows me giveaways that ended over a year ago.

5 years ago

In that case it's probably a bug, I'll look into it.

5 years ago

Actually, it does extract correctly if you extract in the same page. You probably saw the cache. Click "Extract" again to update the cache.

5 years ago

That did it, at least in the overlay window. I think I tried that on the "new tab" and was unable to get past the first five, but the overlay option works fine for me. Thanks!

5 years ago

On new tabs, it should be fixed in v8.3.0.

5 years ago

Ratings won't load for me anymore

5 years ago

I'm looking into it.

5 years ago

Should be fixed. Some games will take 24 hours to fix themselves.

5 years ago

Great, thank you :)

5 years ago

Are there any way can let the hidden giveaway page run faster?
Sometimes I need to go there to unhide giveaway, but that page always loading too much time.
And can I let the page loading all the GA I've hide at one time?

5 years ago

I think I can make them all load at once, but without all of the details about the giveaway.

5 years ago

Hi. Can I use this on android?

5 years ago

With Firefox, yes, as Firefox for Android has add-ons, but performance might be an issue, as this is not optimized for that.

5 years ago

Bumped! Was wondering if there was an easier way to use this site. Thanks for all the hard coding work 😲

5 years ago

You're welcome. :)

5 years ago

cards and achievements not shown - because of script version?
so. my own settings from old version be moved to extension version?

5 years ago

Use this page to back up all your data from the script and then upgrade to the extension. Then, on the extension, restore the data.

5 years ago

thanks, all seems to work ok.

5 years ago

Hey any chance of adding new feature? I would like to hide threads in steamtrades, is that possible?

5 years ago

Yes, saw your issue on GitHub already.

5 years ago

[Features Request]

• Add "Chance/Ratio" and "Entries" on "Won" page
    Or have an option to choose from "how many" and "what" categories we want to show. Thanks!

BTW, I like the extension version of ESGST, much faster!!! ESGST is getting better and better.
It saves much time for hundreds of thousands of people. 😺🤘

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.