Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

To quote the other thread:

I could make it so that when the user hovers over the button, a tooltip drops down explaining the response in more details.

I think tooltips would definitely help here, specifically with the last three states.

A "Not Whitelisted" state is actually not possible: if the user has only created whitelist giveaways, there is enough information, because like Sighery mentioned, the blacklisted message has priority over every other message, including the not whitelisted one.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Hmm... that shouldn't be happening. Did you copy the entire code and replaced it?

Whatever it was, it is fixed now with the official release. Thanks again! :-)

One issue though is that I'm unable to see any user notes. Not even if I disable rhSGST and re-enable revilheart Scripts. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

7 years ago

Wait, you have the two scripts? rhSGST should have replaced revilheart Scripts. What's your current version? Because v2.1 had a bug with the notes, but v2.1.1 fixed that.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

What I find odd is that it wasn't installed twice for me. I clicked on update and it changed the name but remained the same script. Or Yirg is using Greasemonkey and it acts differently.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

The issue was that Yirg clicked the link in the OP to update the script, instead of doing it through TM / GM, so that's why it installed a new one, but you were right: the name and namespace of the script determine its uniqueness (https://wiki.greasespot.net/Metadata_Block#.40namespace).

7 years ago

revilheart Scripts is 2.0.1.1 + modifications based on the test code from the other thread.
rhSGST is 2.1.1

They're both there, side by side. I disabled revilheart Scripts a soon as I noticed this, hopefully it didn't lead to data loss...

7 years ago

i think best course of action would be remove rhsgst 2.1.1 & then have TM check for user updates. (should at that point update revilheart scripts 2.0.1.1 to rhsgst 2.1.1 instead of install side by side) -- but i'd wait for someone else to agree or confirm that.

7 years ago

Did yours update or was a new script installed?

7 years ago

mine updated as it should instead of install. but if Yirg told it to install instead of update via the link above, it would of installed side by side instead like Sigh explained.. or if Yirg changed anything in the header it could have also installed side by side as well.

7 years ago

Hmm weird, when I updated mine it just updated instead of installing a new script. Can you try exporting your notes from revilheart Scripts and importing them into rhSGST?

7 years ago

Thank you, export then import did the trick! :-D

7 years ago

You installed from the link in the OP, right?

7 years ago

Yes.

7 years ago

Just pushed an update and the states now are shown below the button, with more explanation. Hope that's better. :)

7 years ago

This is just perfect! No room for any confusion now :-)

7 years ago

v2.2 Renamed Permanent Notes feature to Permanent User Notes, revamped it, and extended it to SteamTrades.

7 years ago

v2.2.1 Fixed a bug that was added to the Reply From Inbox feature in the last update.

7 years ago

Bump !
Will Whitelist / Blacklist Checker work only of discussion table ? I would like to check fast if ppl who enter my giveaway have me on their BL.
Can I check it on the list on entries of current GA - like this ?

7 years ago

Currently the checker only works in the user's profile page, so it only checks one user at a time, but I'm working on extending it to scan lists of users. I'll try to add it in the next version. :)

7 years ago

Just pushed an update that now allows you to check lists of users.

7 years ago

Oh, you are fast. I am testing it - looks fantastic !
It does take some time with popular giveaways to check all users - but it is understandable.
I guess that checking whitelisting is more time consuming cause you need to find a WL giveaway in user`s history.
BL is simplier ;) Maybe both checks will be separated some day ;P
Thank you ;)

7 years ago

Precisely. For blacklist checks all the script needs is the first available giveaway that's not private. I'll work on separating them for the next version. :)

7 years ago

And another bump.
All works just fine. Checked my GA with 2.200 entries.
And I ve found two guys who entered it although they got me on their BL.
I dont think that is ok and good to know it - thanks for the tool ;D

7 years ago

You can now perform a simple check (blacklist only) or a full check (whitelist + blacklist), and the check should be a lot faster now. :)

7 years ago

Awesome :P Just fantastic !
Tested BL checker.
Cant believe how fast you are with these changes. Cant whitelist you again ... :] Did it yesterday. :]

PS. Found 3 more guys from entries list who BL me. What were they thinking. :D
Of course they could BL me AFTER they entered the GA.
Anyway - thanks again for the oportunity to check it ;P

7 years ago*

Yay, too bad this option is disabled now ;(

7 years ago

it should come back after he works out the bugs in making it less stressful on the servers. cg came in and busted up the party till it's page request aren't so stressful. ;)

7 years ago

:)
It was even possible to launch the script here
It had to generate nice traffic...

7 years ago

Coming back in a few minutes (now it's really few minutes). :)

7 years ago

Bump for awesomeness!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

Did you install the new version from the link above or did you check for updates on Tampermonkey / Greasemonkey?

Or does the notes box not even pop up for you?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

I found the issue, jQuery doesn't seem to be working on Greasemonkey. I'll see if I can fix it. You could use Tampermonkey in the meantime.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

You're welcome! :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Do you have 2 scripts installed (revilheart Scripts and rhSGST)? If so, just export your notes from revilheart Scripts and import them into rhSGST.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Even being replaced your notes should have remained there. Can you add this line at the end of the script and see if your notes show up in the console:

console.log(GM_getValue("PN"), GM_getValue("rhSGST"));

Is the Users array in the second object empty?

7 years ago*

I just found a bug in the code which makes me believe all your notes are safe. Posting the update in a few minutes.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Pretty sure the update will take care of it, so no need to add the line. I'm posting it in a few minutes.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Unfortunately not, they are only tied to your current browser, but you can always export them and import them between browsers / computers.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

They should be showing up with the new update. Let me know if they're not.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why exactly it's not working on Greasemonkey.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Not at all. So now I think it would be good to add the line I posted earlier at the end of the script to see what's going on.

console.log(GM_getValue("PN"), GM_getValue("rhSGST"));

It should show the same as the picture below in your console. Click on the first Array (the one right after Users) and on the right side expand any of the users. Are the notes empty? Is there a property called SteamID along with SteamID64?

View attached image.
7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

With an actual space or just ""? I have no idea what happened to them then. Perhaps Greasemonkey completely replaces the scripts instead of updating them like Tampermonkey does. Sorry about your notes. :/ I know Tampermonkey keeps a log of a script's history stored, but it looks like Greasemonkey doesn't offer that feature.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Yes, it does. :) Did you try installing revilheart Scripts again? Maybe by some miracle they'll be back. :P

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

It looks like it remained in my account as a different script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/26243 A shot in the dark, but who knows. Maybe GM kept that data somewhere.

7 years ago

But its version under the current script is this one: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/25585-revilheart-scripts?version=165738

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

You're welcome!

7 years ago

Thanks a lot~Thanks a lot~😀

Useful!

7 years ago

You're welcome!

7 years ago

Hello, I have a question. Is the script supposed to say if I am whitelisted by someone or not? The "check" button says "Am I whitelisted / blacklisted?" but when I check someone who I am pretty sure whitelisted me, it doesn't say I am whitelisted but says "Not blacklisted"

7 years ago

It says "not blacklisted" because the person probably never made whitelist giveaways, so it's not possible to check if you're whitelisted by them.

7 years ago

That was what I thought at first place but he does giveaways for a group and also for whitelisted people. But the thing is that he doesn't have any whitelist giveaways in his first page. Does it check all the GAs or just first page?

7 years ago

It checks all pages, but giveaways that are for whitelist / groups do not return accurate results yet. That will be fixed in the next version.

7 years ago

Alright mate, just wanted to know. Thanks for this great script, it helps me a lot to track group members thanks again!

7 years ago

It should be working as intended now with the new update. Let me know if it's not. :)

7 years ago

It does, you are great!

7 years ago

I just check on your profile and it says "None" for you and "Not blacklisted for the guy who whitelisted me.

7 years ago

v2.3 You can now check lists of users in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature, and it now compares the groups you're in for whitelist giveaways that are shared, which makes the results more accurate. Revamped Whitelist / Blacklist Highlighter feature. Fixed a bug that prevented the user notes from showing up.

7 years ago

v2.3.1 Fixed a bug on SteamTrades.
v2.3.2 Fixed another bug on SteamTrades.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Haha xD

7 years ago

Any possibility to add the reverse comments (latest first) feature? SG++ is very buggy at this time...

7 years ago

Sounds like an easy feature to implement, I'll look into it.

7 years ago

Hey, added reverse scrolling. Let me know if it's the way you wanted. :)

7 years ago

It is not working here... Tried different configs using only rhSGST but none of them make it work...
(I also disabled all other scripts before make tests to make sure there's no compatibility issue)

7 years ago

What happens?

7 years ago

I don't know exactly, but it isn't working.
Comments (root comments) seems to be all in original order...
(in this thread, first comment is from laurens87 and latest comment is at the very bottom)

7 years ago

Wait, things change when I use the " Disable reverse scrolling.".
When this option is ENABLED, laurens87 comes first.
When this option is DISABLED, your comment comes first.

7 years ago

Then looks like it's working.

7 years ago

I didn't get then. The latest comment in this thread is from Pilda...
What order does this reverse? Is it page reverse?
The SG++ see topic as only one unit. It really brings the latest (Pilda) to the top and the oldest (Yours) to the bottom.

7 years ago*

If you go to page 2 and scroll down it loads page 1, for example. And the comments are ordered from newest to oldest.

7 years ago

I think I got it... It is "page reverse" not "thread reverse" then.
I wasn't getting this because SG++ did reverse the whole thread.
With SG++, the latest comment really comes first and the oldest really is on the bottom.
With endless scrooling, how far you go to the bottom is how close you get the oldest comments.
It kinda ignores the pages I think. The SG++ see topics (or giveaways) as one unit (inseparable I mean).

7 years ago

Yeah, mine doesn't do that because my endless scrolling isn't like SG++'s. If you want it to have the same effect as in SG++, you can just go to the last page of the discussion, since it should work exactly the same (I could add an option to directly go to the last page of a discussion when opening it if you want).

7 years ago

I like your idea to go directly to the last page (or load last page first). This will probably make yours works exactly as SG++...

7 years ago

So, it took a long time, but it finally came, reverse scrolling now loads the last page first if you're on the first page of the discussion.

6 years ago

This is F* awesome! this is by far the most complete script ever made.
I'll try to hit your wishlist anytime soon. Thank you! xD

6 years ago

Would you mind to fix the comment "main post" box in the beggining of the page, right below "main post"?
I'm always trying to catch that but I have to scroll til the end of the post (because since endless scrolling is on...) :P

(ALREADY FIXED, SORRY FOR USELESS NOTIFICATION)

6 years ago*

new feature: Reply Box On Top (inside esgst settings menu)
xD

6 years ago

that was faster than my own thoughts xDDDDDDD

6 years ago

hehe, our archangel is all knowing apparently. ^^

6 years ago

ex-revil (now rafa) is, definitive, the mvp of brazil.

6 years ago

ex-revil is revil once more. Just not on SteamGifts because here he has to wait more. :P That rhymed.

6 years ago

don't you worry, still mvp. xD

6 years ago

lol, i thought that's where your patreon suggestion was coming from. ^^

6 years ago

;)

6 years ago

You also may want to check your chat on Steam Client. :DDD

7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. xD

7 years ago

it sounds backwards but its not, you are unticking or ticking the disablement of that feature.

7 years ago

http://prntscr.com/dw0929
I didn't reload the page for 30 minutes. I believe it's glitched.

7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

v2.3.3 Fixed a bug in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature.

7 years ago

For the bunnies bumpzor! <3

7 years ago

v2.3.4 Fixed a compatibility issue with Firefox's Greasemonkey.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

jQuery not running was simply because of the fact that Greasemonkey doesn't offer jQuery, so you have to include it by adding

// @require https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.1.1/jquery.min.js

to the metadata. The box not popping up was because I was borrowing the popup method from SG's script and it looks like Greasemonkey doesn't have access to other scripts' scopes in the page, so I had to require that as well.

7 years ago

Greate job.

7 years ago

Thanks!

7 years ago

what is the far right button in this image?

View attached image.
7 years ago

It's being added by my script?

7 years ago

yes, it seems tied in with the highlighter part. if the highlighter is turned off that whole screenshot section goes away. but turned on i have a button there that doesn't seem to do anything. (user profile page views - whitelisted users that won sent games)

edit: screenshot section goes away except the checkbox icon meaning the user received it.

7 years ago*

I can't seem to reproduce it. Maybe it's another script inserting it there? Have you tried disabling all other scripts?

7 years ago

well.. it does go away then, must be a conflict though with something in the new update though because that's a brand new button and no other scripts have updated in the last 9hours.

ill work on narrowing it down now.

7 years ago

The problem is I'm borrowing SteamGifts' classes so that the script is compatible with any user style, and maybe another script was using that class for a feature.

7 years ago

it's oddly actually SteamGifts discussions enhanced which hasn't updated in 42days+ (42days is how old this linux install is)

it seems to be adding the button it uses for stalking users, but a non-functioning version of it.

7 years ago

It doesn't really matter the update date, it's what I thought it was: that script adds the stalking button to any matching .sidebar__shortcut-inner-wrap class in the page, and that's exactly the class that I use so that the color of the icons match any user style the user might have installed. I'll see if there's something that I can do about it.

7 years ago

i see. sounds good, thanks.. it doesn't really do any harm anyways, just doesn't really belong. xD

7 years ago

Yeah, doesn't look like there's anything I can do. Bladito could fix it by specifying the class a bit more, with .sidebar.sidebar__shortcut-inner-wrap. You can also alter that in the code in this line:

addStalkUnstalkButton($('.sidebar__shortcut-inner-wrap'), userMatch[1], 'bsg-user-action-btn');
7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

But then user styles wouldn't be compatible with my class, so my script wouldn't work in the dark version of SG, for example.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I think the easiest solution is just Bladito specifying the element. Mine isn't inside .sidebar, so he could fix it by using the .sidebar__shortcut-inner-wrap element who's a child of .sidebar.

7 years ago

Wait, you would actually have to replace it with:

addStalkUnstalkButton($('.sidebar').find('.sidebar__shortcut-inner-wrap'), userMatch[1], 'bsg-user-action-btn');
7 years ago

hmm, that new code does work, but now all users i had previously stalked has their button as if they are no longer stalked even though they are. xD

i can live with that though, i just have to press it 3x to fix for each user i had stalked. (only 2-3 users are stalked though)

7 years ago

Hmm odd. Nothing changed at all, the same element that was being passed as parameter is still being passed, so I don't understand how anything was broken. o.O

7 years ago

it may not of been, i could of accidentally un-stalked myself instead. i realized after i said that i only actually stalked myself anyways. all others were highlighed discussions instead.

thanks again though, that works for me either way. ^^

7 years ago

You're welcome. ^^

7 years ago

thanks, that works! just changed it myself in his script since it doesn't get updates very often at all anyways. ^^

edit: ahh k, will change to the updated code. i do see where it is broken.

7 years ago

Bump for Great Justice!

7 years ago

Aye, first of all, let me say THANK YOU REVILHEART FOR THIS NICE ADDON! It has lots of good stuff that is great to have.

Now, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the whitelist checker seems to be having some issues right now? For me it tells me that a specific person has me whitelisted, when I went to check his gibs, I could join the gibs that were for his WL and a group (that I am in), but I could not join (or see) the gibs that were just for the whitelist. Seems to me like I'm not whitelisted, and thus that your mod LIED TO ME! ;'(. Jokes aside, yeah, it doesn't always seem to work as intended.

As for what version I'm using...

// @name         rhSGST
// @namespace    revilheart
// @version      2.3.4

EDIT: Found the same issue with a different person (from the same group)

7 years ago*

Hmm I thought that had been fixed with the new version. Did you get a message saying that your list of groups was being scanned?

7 years ago

Hm, I do not recall. It should show while scanning the person's games?

EDIT:
Just checked. It just says
"Checking person X"
"Checking person X (page 1)"
"Checking person X (page 2)"
"Checking person X (page 3)"
"Checking person X (page 4)"
"You are whitelisted"

7 years ago*

It was actually something else, but nevermind, I just checked someone who I'm in the same group with and it also said that I'm whitelisted by them when I'm not. I'll check it out.

7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

That GA entry WL/BL check is fantastic! I already found 3 users that blacklisted me yet are perfectly ok with entering my GAs. Not for long they won't ;-)

7 years ago

:P

7 years ago

bump for the great script

7 years ago

rhSGST scanning more than 12 hours with this message:

"rhSGST is scanning your groups for the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature. Please do not reload / close the page until it's finished...

rhSGST is scanning your whitelist / blacklist for the Whitelist / Blacklist Highlighter feature. Please do not reload / close the page until it's finished..."

7 years ago

Are there any errors in the console?

7 years ago

also what group.. if they are scanning steamgifts group then they probably will be waiting for another couple days.

7 years ago

That's actually the message you get in the top of the page saying that your whitelist / blacklist / groups are being scanned.

7 years ago

Suddenly it finished in 1 min when i reinstalled script, no errors in console.

7 years ago

BBUUMMPP
B U M P

7 years ago

Would it be possible to add the user notes, or part of them, to the user name? Something like the feature tagging from Steamgifts++.

The 1st image is an example of what it looks like in the forums, the 2nd picture is what it looks like in the WL and BL page, the 3rd and 4th image is in GAs. Basically it shows up almost anywhere.

The feature from Steamgifts++ allows for users to pick the background color and the text color, but that would be an extra that you wouldn't need to implement, imo.

The tag can be added almost anywhere, you don't need to go to the user profile page to add it, since there is a little icon next to their name that pops a window for tagging. (image #5 and #6).

Thank you so much for this script!

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

I have a tagging feature ready to go, just need to push it to the public. I'll see if I can do that with the next version.

7 years ago

That would be awesome! :D

Edit: Btw, it seems that this script conflicts with "Find Those Bans".

7 years ago

What is the conflict?

7 years ago

"Find Those Bans" shows when was the last time someone from your WL or BL was online and if they are suspended or banned, so it adds two columns to the WL/BL page.

Image one is what FtB looks like when your script is disabled. Image two is what FtB looks like when your script is enabled.

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

Replace this line:

importPage(rows[i].children[1].children[0].href, i);

With this:

importPage(rows[i].getElementsByClassName("table__column__heading")[0].href, i);

Maybe Sighery can also change it.

7 years ago

It works.

Thank you! <3

7 years ago

Tags have been implemented. Maybe a color picker will come in the future.

7 years ago

Thank you!

Noticed too that it's possible to import/export tags too. ^.^

7 years ago

You're welcome! ^^

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.