Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

When I hide games directly from the front page, it makes all GAs disappear until I refresh the page. (Chrome)

3 years ago

Same. It's a bit annoying.

3 years ago

disabling the "One click hide" option should workaround the problem until rafael has a fix for it.

3 years ago

disabling the "One click hide" option should workaround the problem until rafael has a fix for it.

3 years ago

I use the "one click hide" button. I go into the GA and hide from there.

3 years ago

+1 Same issue

3 years ago

When I go to the Giveaways Won page, ESGST uses 100% of my CPU, nearly freezes firefox, and slows my entire computer to a crawl. I assume it's to do with trying to load giveaway details in the background but in a buggy way. How do I disable whatever it's doing, I can't find any settings for it?

3 years ago

My guess for the problematic feature is Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details for Won pages especially if you have also endless scrolling enabled. But normally it shouldn't have such an impact.

3 years ago

Thanks, I'll try disabling that and see if it helps.

3 years ago

I just installed the extension for chrome and it is taking hours to sync for the first time, it is normal? i already cancel it and try it again

3 years ago

If you have a large list of hidden games, it may be stalling your sync. Try syncing with hidden games unchecked and then try syncing hidden on its own.

Additionally, consider enabling setting 9.2 "Use custom adaptive request limits for SteamGifts." It singlehandedly fixed my issues with syncing where before it was impossible for me to solo sync hidden games fullstop.

3 years ago

ill try that setting, but it seems that the steam groups are what is taking the most

3 years ago

well..
when I click hide giveaway on main page, my whole giveaway list dissapears and I need to refresh it (or in settings i need to turn on 3.37 Fade hidden giveaways instead of removing them option, so that my main page doesn't dissapear)

extension adds another "hide giveaway" option, which apperas left of the giveaway name, but when you hide giveaway, it goes to special hidden list which extension made, and not to actually hidden list in account settings and the hidden list number doesn't grow.

I've went through all options few times and couldn't find out why the page refreshes and shows no giveaways and why do I need to manualy refresh the page each time I hide 1 game, just to hide another one..
extension got rid of that extra step of confirming pop-up when hiding game, but made few extra steps and complicated whole process...

help pls ;_;

3 years ago

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

I am trying to import my settings which I have saved on my PC as the json file, yet doing so I receive a popup message asking me what I should do with the file. I have tried the Open With and Save File options which have no affect. Using Firefox browser.

Edit: Disabling back up to computer option resolved my issue.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Have same issue as described here

Guess the problem is in "ochgb_completeProcess" method (esgst.js:88):

ochgb_completeProcess(e, t, n){
// ...
for (const e of a)
    e.gameId == e.gameId && e.outerWrap.remove()
}

Variable e in the for loop overrides the method's parameter e so the condition is always true which causes all GAs (they are listed in the a array) to disappear from the page.

This bug is very annoying, please fix it.

3 years ago

I'm no programmer but as far as I can see it is already fixed on ESGST github #1709. You can try the beta or just disable One-Click Hide Giveaway Button until the next version is released.

3 years ago

I can't find.. how to make groups appear on the main page
like here lootboy sg:

View attached image.
3 years ago

Not sure if it is what you're looking for but you can try Content Loader and Giveaway Groups and under Additional Options set Load as: to Panel (On Page Load).

3 years ago

yes it is, thank you!

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

How to backup Data Settings into Google Drive in 8.8.7 extension on Google Chrome?
Nothing happens by clicking on the botton...

3 years ago

Are you logged into the desired Google account?
Did you allow the googleapis connection on chrome-extension://ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna/permissions.html ?
Do you have the browser asking for permission to open a pop-up / new tab?

3 years ago

1. Yep
  2. Oh, nope... (did it)
  3. Nope
    Thanks, worked now :) But i can't see my backup file on G.Drive...
3 years ago

In the vein of 'game names when syncing' https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=getSyncGameNames , I would find it very useful to be able to replace the Steam Store links for apps and subs (added/removed to account) with SteamDB ones. 80% of subs aren't even on the store to begin with, and I usually only check the sync summary for content removed from my account, meaning it's also often apps that are not on the store.

(-> I sure don't need names expensively retrieved if I can open a few tabs that actually show information)

3 years ago

No matter how I try to update the settings, my settings won't save on Firefox. Tried the userscript and the extension; tried restoring things from my backup from chrome and manually inputting settings and saving. Even when it says they're saved, if I refresh the page, it's back to nothing checked. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm going crazy trying to figure out what.

3 years ago

It's not just you. I haven't managed to backup or restore my settings on Firefox in months.

3 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with Steam groups/friends syncing? I can't make ESGST sync with my Steam data at all.
All permissions were granted and API key is fine. Tried on Firefox and Chrome. Same result. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here.

3 years ago

I cannot sync my groups as well.

3 years ago

Can you see all your steam groups on sg? If not please try to manually sync your sg profile. If yes then you should try to sync only groups in ESGST (just click on none and then only check groups) and tell if that runs through (you should see Synced Groups HH:MM - 0 seconds ago at the top right and Groups synced. on the bottom right). If this fails you can look into the browser console (ctrl+shift+j). Maybe there are some useful errors from ESGST.

3 years ago

I appreciate your thorough advice and the effort you put in order to help us. My groups can be seen on sg, but the ESGST group sync never finishes. I will try the sync again and provide any errors found.

3 years ago

Did you sync your groups with SG? I'm not sure but I think ESGST gets the groups from SG instead from Steam. For me the group sync works fine. Also it might be helpful to be more clear about what fails. Does ESGST sync works but you miss some groups or does the sync itself fail?

3 years ago

Did you sync your groups with SG?

This happens automatically with public profiles (sync page have a warning about that).

Also it might be helpful to be more clear about what fails. Does ESGST sync works but you miss some groups or does the sync itself fail?

Only groups/friends which is my Steam data. The other sync options are SG data.

3 years ago

Can you see all your steam groups on sg? If not please try to manually sync your sg profile. If yes then you should try to sync only groups in ESGST (just click on none and then only check groups) and tell if that runs through (you should see Synced Groups HH:MM - 0 seconds ago at the top right and Groups synced. on the bottom right). If this fails you can look into the browser console (ctrl+shift+j). Maybe there are some useful errors from ESGST.
I never used the friends sync which requires your API key but there you should also try to only sync this alone and see if it works and if not look for console errors and post them here.

3 years ago

Yeah, all groups are there. My profile is synced. I usually do the manual sync after 5/10 key activations. Group/friends sync doesn't work at all (I tried everything that a regular user would try). There is two ciclical errors though on console with groups sync only:

1. Unchecked lastError value: Error: ID already exists: convert ch-context-menu.js:265
    SetDynamicContextMenuItems moz-extension://0236195c-c2bf-44b8-9af3-e1ad59da9bcf/lib/ch-context-menu.js:265

2. Unchecked lastError value: Error: ID already exists: append ch-context-menu.js:273
    SetDynamicContextMenuItems moz-extension://0236195c-c2bf-44b8-9af3-e1ad59da9bcf/lib/ch-context-menu.js:273

3 years ago

I'm sorry that I cannot help you further but I hope Rafael will fix this soon for you.

3 years ago

Thanks a lot, at least now I know the problem isn't exactly my fault or something I was doing wrong!

3 years ago

those errors don't look related to ESGST

3 years ago

You are right. They seems to happen in every site (closed browser and connected only in one site several times). Back to the zero I guess...

3 years ago

check if you are logged in on steam on the browser when doing the ESGST sync, other than that I too don't have more ideas on how to solve the problem as it syncs correctly for me

3 years ago

It is connected. I'm always switching between SG/Steam using the same browser. Thanks so far!

3 years ago

Is it a bug or how to use Fontawesome in option 6.13 ("User Links") ?

There is a tooltip:

As label, you can use FontAwesome icons (for example, "fa-icon")

But when I try to useFontawesome icon as a label script replaces "-" with space: fa-iconfa icon
In HTML it will be <i class="fa icon">. Ofc it doesn't show an icon.

3 years ago

Its a bug, Regex needs to be changed to be correct with array index or vice versa.

Edit: also spaces before text so icons/images are not up against text.

3 years ago*

I migrate to a new PC recently.
And I ported my ESGST settings (and data) as well.
But soon I find that I can't open my GA templates
which shows

esgst.js:88 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot create property 'gameType' on string '['
    at ns.gts_openPopup (esgst.js:88)

in chrome console
and I can't save any new template
which shows

esgst.js:88 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: s.push is not a function
    at Object.onClick (esgst.js:88)
    at async HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (esgst.js:1)

I am using 8.8.7 extension version.
Is that any setting/permission I missed?

3 years ago

Hey, since a few days when I try to sync Reduced CV Games and No CV Games it says Failed to sync. What should I do or what am I overlooking?

View attached image.
3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Mmm. It stopped working. I try to reinstall, but I can't sync anything, and the configuration doesn't save.

3 years ago

Same, my settings have been reset and when I tried to copy/paste the text of the json file settings I saved the old settings would not apply.

Edit: Syncing data with ESGST helped resolve the issue.

3 years ago*

Thanks for the help. But nothing I install and reinstall, but I can't sync. Apparently it installs everything without problem. But when I press the button for sync, it just doesn't work. It gets stuck without syncing anything.

And when I try to pick up any option in ESGST, and then press the button for "save changes", the next moment I check, it didn't save any change

3 years ago

If you're using Firefox you can install try to install an older version through https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/esgst/versions/. I've never tested that myself but maybe that works for you.

2 years ago

I managed to fix it using the addon instead of the tampermonkey version. Thanks

2 years ago

The addon stopped working with me today, tampermonkey says ESGST and Rachart Enhancer both incompatible.

3 years ago

Hi! I'm using the Chrome extension and I can't find where to flush the extension cache. The tags for the games are preloaded and old, so some of my recently purchased games are not marked as "owned". Could anyone help me, please?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Too bad it says failed to sync. At least now I know where I can find it. Thank you! :)

2 years ago

Have you entered your API-key in the settings in 11? If not you can try to set it and then sync. For me the sync for "Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games" fails without one since ESGST version 8.8.8.

2 years ago

That seemed to work! Thank you :)

2 years ago

Yup it's not working for me at all anymore either.
My script storage was deleted when my laptop ran out of battery and after reinstalling ESGST, I'm back to zero. I can't save settings no matter how I try. I can't sync. Doesn't work on Chrome or Opera.

It's really a shame because some of those settings really should be basic features on SG.

2 years ago*

It happened to me too when I used the tampermonkey version. Try using the addon version

2 years ago

Good tip. I switched to the addon and it works now. I'm moving to Opera anyway so I have to get all my addons in order. This'll do nicely.

2 years ago

:) Glad I helped

2 years ago

You're always a great help, even when it's only for some friendly sparring over big ideas ;)

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Haha well that's one username that's right on point, that's for sure ;)

2 years ago

That was a great one. I would put you in my WL if you weren't there already

2 years ago

Maybe somebody can help me:

I used to have a seeting where I could see which groups a giveaway belonged to, without actually entering the giveaway.

Like, let's say a game belonged to We The Winners and Unlucky7 group, I would see without entering the giveway bolded the group I belonged to, but I would see both groups.

I don't have that setting anymore since I reset everything. And I don't know which one was it. I have 8.1 Group Highlighter, but that's only if I enter the giveaway.

Any help?

Thanks

2 years ago

This one?
https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=ggl

What does it do? Loads a giveaway's groups when clicking / hovering over (depending on preference) on its group icon () or automatically when loading the page (extends to your created / entered / won pages if 3.5 Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details is enabled).

2 years ago

Yep. That was, exactly. Thanks!!!!

Another person that I would put in my WL if you weren't already there :)

2 years ago

I feel like I am blind and missing something, but here we go. There is a button to download settings, but there isn't one to upload it?

2 years ago

Is this what you're looking for?

2 years ago

I just realized there is a "settings" tab in the backup panel. Thank you!

2 years ago

You're welcome! I found out like two days ago, lol

2 years ago

Hi, can someone please remind me where is the option / how to hide one specific giveaway from appearing in the list? I only see the normal default button to hide all for that game.

2 years ago

3.37 https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=ochgb , plus there is a search in the settings ;)

2 years ago

Thanks! I tried to search for "hide" so it didn't show up. Good week.

2 years ago

To do what you want the correct answer is the one by 0ldNick bellow. The one that SquishedPotatoe posted is the option to disable the confirmation when hiding all the giveaways from one game.

2 years ago

I think SquishedPotatoe mis-read what you wrote, it's actually 3.21.1 – Single Filters

2 years ago

Hello,

I had an issue with Chrome the other day that made me re-install it completely, so i lost all my settings for ESGST. In a way it was a good thing as when i put back nearly everything that was really useful, i realized something that was not useful was responsible of why everything was slow and made Chrome freeze constantly before. Too much scripts lead to that, and i'm happy that it's resolve.

Anyway, i just need 2 or 3 small things now, that i can't find in the ESGST list despite long searches :

• i had a blue tag "Wishlist" directly in giveaways pages, and i can't find it anymore (i think other options included "Full CV" for example)
  • i had a small button "Barter" that lead to the Barter page of the game, same, impossible to find it
  • while browsing GAs from groups, i see every games, including those i have, and i use the "Enter" GA button in GAs lists, and i remember that before, this button was de-activated on possessed games, but i have no clue where to activate that, this doesn't seem to be in 3.11 with the [SG] Enter / Leave Giveaway Button.

I don't remember using other scripts than ESGST, searches in this direction didn't give anything either, but you never know. Thanks !

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago*

Thanks ! I don't know why i overlooked this section, maybe because the colored hourglass made me think it was for something else.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Hello again,

When i try to sync my wishlist (here : https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=sync), i get that : "Failed to sync your owned / wishlisted / ignored games. Try again later"

What would be the problem ? I have looked in my permissions page (the link in the first section of the ESGST params), and everything seems to be good. If a permission is missing, does it appear not checked in this page or does it not appear at all ?

Note that the browse wishlist link from SG works, but it seems i can't make the "wishlist" tag from ESGST appear.

2 years ago*

Have you got a Steam API key set (right at the end of ESGST's settings, section 11), that seems to fix it for some people. I do have it set, and I still get that error message, but I just noticed yesterday that my owned games are still being synced anyway (I haven't checked wishlist)

2 years ago

It worked, it synced, thanks ! And now i have my wishlist tags.

2 years ago

That worked for me too. thanks or the tip. It was now 5 months that my wishlist was not syncing...

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.