Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

3.26 "Giveaway Templates" doesn't work since the last update of the addon (8.8.8).

Click on the "Select template" button throw this to console:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot create property 'gameType' on string '['
at Ga.gts_openPopup (esgst.js:88)

Click on the "Save template" button throw this to console:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: l.push is not a function
at Object.onClick (esgst.js:88)
at async HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (esgst.js:1)

Does someone have same troubles or its my local issue / incorrect settings? Maybe any method how to fix it?

Google Chrome v90.0.4430.212 (x64)
ESGST addon v8.8.8

2 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

EGSTS nuked itself two days ago and I had to reinstall. Thankfully I was wise enough to backup my settings regularly, this time.
But somehow ESGTS is unable to fetch tags or Steam ratings now. I see black hourglasses everywhere, the fetching never ends though.
What do I miss? I gave all permissions, API Key is also there.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Hi, would it be possible to add a better way to select regions when creating region restricted giveaways? Ie. I'd like to paste all country codes in a field, so I don't have to search region by region every time.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Thanks. There;s a lot to learn with this extension. I've managed to pin most interesting countries to the top, so creating GA is much smoother for me.

2 years ago

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past few months, been a bit busy, but I'll try to push some updates in the next couple weeks. Some features might stop working when updating to v8.9.0 because rafaelgssa.com has changed to esgst.rafaelgomes.xyz, and therefore you need to grant permission to the new domain.

2 years ago

Its all good don't forget to take time to relax ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 years ago

Glad you've been ok, and I'll second what SquishedPotatoe said!

2 years ago

Happy Cakeday btw ๐Ÿ‘

View attached image.
2 years ago

Thank you! :)

2 years ago

There are no entry button on giveaway grid list.

2 years ago

Happy Cakeday mate and thnx for all your work on ESGST over the years =)

View attached image.
2 years ago

Thank you! :)

2 years ago

I did the update on ESGST and now the isthereanydeal info is missing from giveaways. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

2 years ago

seems some permissions were changed somehow. Everything fixed.

2 years ago

Yeah, I mentioned it above, rafaelgssa.com changed to esgst.rafaelgomes.xyz.

2 years ago

Yeah, I decided not to delete the question so other people could see it.

2 years ago

v8.9.0 Released
Changelog available here [github.com]

2 years ago

Happy Cakeday

View attached image.
2 years ago

Thankies!

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

It stopped working in Palemoon again. Maybe because I am still using 29.1.1 . Reverting to 8.8.8 made it work again.

2 years ago

any errors on the console? those would be useful for rafael to be able to fix the problem(s).

2 years ago

I can reproduce, looking into it.

2 years ago

Just pushed a hotfix that should fix it.

2 years ago

Thanks Rafael, you're the best!

2 years ago

Having a problem syncing hidden games; I have a lot of them (943), so I left it to sync in the background. After two full days, it still hasn't synced them. Is this just because of the sheer volume of them, or is something wrong elsewhere?

2 years ago

It should only take a few minutes to sync less than 1k hidden games. If it takes longer you probably ran into sg rate limit. Just try again and don't do anything else on sg while esgst syncs your hidden games.

2 years ago

Alright, thank you!

2 years ago

Got the extension in another PC. When I try to sync my whitelist or my hidden game list, these messages pops up:

WARNING: You have synced your whitelist or blacklist in the last 30 days. Please disable it in order to continue.
WARNING: You have synced your hidden games in the last 30 days. Please disable it in order to continue.

I've searched the settings for anything remotely close to disable, but didn't find the config. What should I be looking for?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

That's the thing, I'm on the sync page, trying to sync, when the messages appear, and the options I have are

settings

or

close

But no clue how to fix it

2 years ago

The options to disable are in the sync page itself. Just disable the switches for Whitelist, Blacklist and Hidden Games.

2 years ago

Oh, I thougt there was an option to disable the "30 days" config [Since I use the daily sync on my other PC]. Thanks.

2 years ago

Oh, yeah, you can only sync these lists every 30 days now, and they do not automatically sync anymore, because they generate a lot of requests to SteamGifts, and ESGST should already update them when you add/remove items to/from them, so syncing them should not be necessary.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

Despite having no problems with almost 600 pages of hidden games, It seems esgst is unable to sync 7 pages of steam groups: it just hangs there, even checking the request log shows no activity at all after reaching page 5/6 ยฏ\\_(ใƒ„)_//ยฏ
(and no, it's not the rate limit, since the sync is running right now while posting this)

edit: finally made it, after countless tries

2 years ago*

A hint please how I could solve my problem, one month later and it still persists.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

It's not Steam being overloaded and the problem existed for more than a month. So trying it at a different time of the day can hardly be the solution. ๐Ÿ™‚

2 years ago

Have you checked the console log for errors?

If you go to your extensions page and enable developer mode, you should see an option to inspect the background page of the extension. This will bring up a console, and in the Network tab you can see all the requests being made. Could be helpful to find the problem.

2 years ago

I'm not sure if I've done everything correctly, but the one report I got is that chrome-extension://ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna/lib/browser-polyfill.min.js.map is missing.

Besides this there just seems to be a lot of waiting.

Should I uninstall and reinstall the extension?

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

A button to add a custom link on the sidebars would be very good. I usually check region locked giveaways and need to check them through an url every single time. I couldn't find any option to add these links on ESGST or make the sidebars more customizeable.

PS: Tried to add these custom links with the "Add Custom Link" of the "Custom Header/Footer Links" option, but isn't working for me for some reason. When I click on Ctrl, nothing happens.

2 years ago

Is there a way for ESGST to Support the Lootboy SG site?
https://www.steamgifts.com/group/aaQSf/lootboysg

At the moment this site displays me games i already owned, hidden games (ignored) and games i cant enter because my level is not high enough.
I try to find any solution in the settings, but it is always hard for me to find usefull settings in this forest of options.
I've never seen a piece of code with so many options and settings, but it's good๐Ÿ€

2 years ago

2 years ago

How do I hide the pop-up showing me a GA's description? It's very annoying, I don't care to read anything written there as it's usually nonsense

2 years ago

There was a whole debate about this ages ago, the short version is this addon's creator rafaelgomesxyz and others believe it's rude to enter someone's giveaway with at least looking at the description, so you can't hide them entirely (any more).

But you can filter out some of the common things like "glhf" etc (option 3.11.3, and you can set it to hide repeated descriptions from the same person if you are entering multiple giveaways in a short space of time with identical descriptions (option 3.11.2)

2 years ago

Thanks. I'll try those options. I get the point, and respect it, but well I always found descriptions a bit of a PITA. In my GA I never entered a description and requested users not to thank me or anything, as I always found it offensive that fact that some demanded a "thanks".

2 years ago

Is there an option to enter some "mask" to filter to hide ALL DESCRIPTION POP-UPS?

2 months ago

Maybe a RegEx which matches any string would work. So for 3.11.3 linked above, enter this as filter:

.*

But I haven't tested it, maybe someone else knows more.

2 months ago

It did accept that at one point until restrictions were put in place which in turn lead to JustArchi releasing the userscript version without limitations.

2 months ago

Here's the link to JustArchi's fork, which allows .* as filter: https://github.com/JustArchi/ESGST (Scroll down for instructions.)
Caution: Before you switch to it, it's advisable to make use of ESGST's backup feature.
Thread (closed): https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/EL31e/add-on-enhanced-steamgifts-steamtrades-fork-a-esgst-userscript

2 months ago*

Ok, thanks, let's try.
How can I remove this info and leave just game title/points?

View attached image.
2 months ago

2 months ago

Did not work. =/

2 months ago

Odd, it seemed like the correct option.

You can also try disabling Game Tags, though that's for manually saved tags only.

2 months ago

Same thing. =/

2 months ago

Any more ideas?

1 month ago

Maybe ask again at the end of this thread. Here it's kinda buried between two year old replies.

1 month ago

I don't understand how and when the game categories are updated. Can someone explain me?
I talk about Rating, Full CV, Achievements, Banned, Trading cards, Learning etc

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

seems not.
for example, this game doesn't havefull cv resume and doesn't have trading cards but esgst tells me otherwise

View attached image.
2 years ago

Rating, Achievements, Trading cards and Learning is fetched from steam and cached for 7 days. Full CV is synced from the ESGST server (esgst.rafaelgomes.xyz) which updates every 24 hours. The info you see is updated once the server has the new data and you sync NoCV/ReducedCV with the server. Banned data is similar. It is synced from steam-tracker.com once you sync Delisted games.

2 years ago

For Effie ESGST shows trading cards because the steam store page shows wrongly that it has trading cards. Reduced CV is shown correctly for me.

2 years ago

thank you for your precise answer for the trading cards info
and for the full cv, well I don't understand, weird

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

CG added sorting/filtering to the hidden games list this might be useful to the hidden games sync

2 years ago

Anyone else having trouble to get correct ratings for games? For example when I check top 10 on https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/wishlist the only game that was even close on number of reviews was Resident Evil Village. The others have several thousands of missing reviews.

I have tried deleting local storage in console. I deleted cookies for SG and synced ESGST just in case. But it didnt help.

2 years ago

I just came here to post about this.. Lately, when refreshing the ratings, ESGST has been just taking the "Recent" ratings instead of the "Overall" ratings. For example, the front page currently has a copy of "AVICII Invector" near the top, and it shows a rating of 100% based on 52 reviews. When I go to its Steam page, it has 52 RECENT reviews, 100% of which are positive, but it has 1,223 total reviews, 98% of which are positive.

Some games are still pulling the overall ratings instead of the recent ones, but I wonder if those are just ones that are cached, and haven't been updated since this bug started. I'm assuming the API changed or something, such that whatever method ESGST used is now being fed the wrong values.

2 years ago

Same. Any1 knows how to fix that issue?

2 years ago

There's not much we can do about it. Rafaelgomesxyz will need to update the script to reflect whatever back-end change Steam has made.

To that end, I've submitted ESGST Issue 1732. I didn't have a chance to write it up this weekend when I wrote the reply above. Anyone noticing an ESGST bug can get an account on Github and create an issue report..

2 years ago

Alright. Good work.

2 years ago

Since it should work on any chromium-based browser, then you should move Edge to the 'Not tested but should work' category.

2 years ago

Yeah it is a bit out of date i wouldn't be surprised if edge is "Tested and confirmed as working" and edge legacy is not supported.

2 years ago

Guys I'm unable to sort comments in the discussion section. I want it from the most recent to the oldest ones, but if I enable the setting for this, nothing happens. How can I fix it, please? :(

2 years ago

After enabling Discussions Sorter go to discussions and you should see a button with an up and a down arrow in the top left. Click on it and choose how you would like ESGST to sort the discussions. Maybe the button with the arrows is hidden behind another button with three vertical dots on it.

View attached image.
2 years ago

But I would like to sort COMMENTS, not discussions. Like this one I'm writing right now. Is it possible?

2 years ago

6.5 Comment Reverser working for me, in case it is not clear it reverses comments per page it does not reverse pages.

2 years ago

"Comment Reverser" is 5.5 to me, and it's exactly what I enabled before to write my comment, and it doesn't do anything. Not for pages, not for the entire discussion. :(

View attached image.
2 years ago

It is possible it could be broken on an older version, i am on the latest v8.9.1

2 years ago

v8.9.0 here. How to update it? ๐Ÿ˜…

2 years ago

I think 8.9.1 only got distributed to palemoon as it's a hotfix for that browser
The feature is working correctly here too (Firefox 90.0.2 ESGST 8.9.0)

Try removing/disabling the "Discussions - All" option on the "Run it here" section of the feature, on my settings the only one present is the "Everywhere" one

2 years ago

I tried to disable and enable the setting, I tried to uninstall and reinstall the script, and I tried what you're suggesting (I added the Discussions - All because it wasn't working even before). Well... I guess I've to accept it. xD

2 years ago

any errors on the console?

2 years ago

You mean this console?

View attached image.
2 years ago

no, Ctrl + Shift + J

2 years ago

It opens the same thing (?)

2 years ago

it's similar but isn't the same thing ๐Ÿ˜…

see if there is any error related to esgst.js on any of the two consoles.

you can also open an issue on github: https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst/issues/new/choose

2 years ago

Ok ok ๐Ÿ˜…
This is the screen of the console. I did the screen from the first page:

There is an error on line 88 apparently. (anything I can do from here?)

View attached image.
2 years ago

that is a log output not an error

2 years ago

also, what is the first comment on this page for you with the setting enabled?

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

This is the first comment.

View attached image.
2 years ago

then the feature is working correctly, the actual first comment on that page is this

2 years ago

Oh waaaaaait...... are you telling me the script is only able to sort comments per page? Not for the entire thread? My mind just blown............

2 years ago

kinda, that specific feature just sort the comments on the page that you opened, the one I linked on my other comment will load the last page when opening a discussion, both together should do what you want

2 years ago

the feature reverses the order of the threads inside a discussion page, so if you open the last page of this discussion the first comment will be yours about being unable to sort the comments, while in reality it is the last thread instead of being the first one ๐Ÿ˜…

2 years ago

In this situation, I wanted my comment as first comment in the first page...... that is what I wanted. :( I'm sad. I never get what I want.. NEVER. (JK XD, but I'm sad, that's true!) xD

2 years ago

if you have endless scrolling enabled this + the feature you have already enabled should do what you want

2 years ago

THIIIIIS!! This is what I wanted! I'm happy now! You made me HAPPY! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ Thank you so much! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ˜ฌ

2 years ago

you are welcome!

2 years ago

you can check by disabling the feature and looking at the same page again, also see the timestamp on the bottom of each comment

2 years ago

When I try to backup my data to Drive, after the usual couple of seconds it says:

An error occurred when uploading the file.

[object Object]

Then if I go to Restore to check it, I see that the file is there but it's 0 Bytes. The previous files (mostly from automatic backups) are also 0 B, but not all of them: apparently around 30% of backup were correctly uploaded.
Currently Firefox 90.0.2, ESGST 8.9.0, but it's occurring already since a couple of months.
All permissions except for <all_urls> are granted.

2 years ago

Hi there - one suggestion.
Community wishlist shows base steam prices of the listed games - with <5 euro <10 euro etc filters.
Is it possible to copy that functionality on SG group wishlist ? As an additional option for Group Library/Wishlist Checker

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.