Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How to filter games only with the trading cards?

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

Can you show me what options do you have turned on? Case for me its always showing 0 trading cards.

1 year ago

1 year ago

your message is empty

1 year ago

He posted this link (visible in the HTML source code):
Trading Cards (ESGST setting number 3.21.2.57)

Depends on these:
https://i.imgur.com/dH3Ee9Q.png

This seems to be enough to make it work. In the giveaway list, you just have to expand the filter box and click on the option twice. (Save if you want to keep it enabled.)

1 year ago*

Can you fix option 3.5 -- the Giveaways Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details? Enabling this and going to the "Giveaways Created" page lags the whole browser. Even after I close the tab it still lags for a bit. This is a very useful feature but really annoying to use.

1 year ago

I had 3.5 disabled for this exact reason, but I recently started using Opera GX (instead of Firefox) and found that it works flawlessly there. I can load an entire page with all the extra info enabled in 10 seconds without any noticeable lag.
So, if that's an option for you, I recommend giving it a shot.

1 year ago

Yea I think it's something with Firefox. Unfortunately all my extensions that I love to use are on Firefox. I think I'll just have to suffer without it.

1 year ago

How to enable search 4 online games only?

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

Probably something obvious and I'm just missing it but can anyone tell me the setting for having the 'Deals & Discussions' above 'giveaways' on the main steamgifts page please. I found whatever it was a while ago and had it set that way but for some reason its gone back to deal/discussions at the bottom of the page and I cannot find the setting.

1 year ago*

I noticed mine disappeared as well. They were under the search box and all the wishlist, won, entered, etc. links on the left side. For whatever reason, they're gone now, started today.

1 year ago

I've stil got the sidebar list I think your talking about under the searchbox.
Odd, Maybe you have the *new' "Remove sidebar in feature pages (for example, Giveaway Extractor, Group/Library Wishlist Checker etc)." -option enabled? Wouldn't think that remove it from main page... edit- think Ning is right

I meant there's a Deals and Discussions sections side-by-side with 10 most recent threads listed in the main window to the right of that sidebar. The're below the Happy holidays section for me now at the bottom of the page. Use to have it above giveaways - near the top with features giveaways and I can't seem find the setting for it anywhere now. Wondered if was a Steamgifts site (not esgst) setting but still can't find it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Am I asking in right place?

Interesting your having some sort of change too though suddenly same time. Don't see there's been any recent ESGST update.

1 year ago*

Me too. Change settings don't seem to do anything...

setting No.4!

1 year ago

Thanks, Think your right it's that setting but not working now (for us) for some reason and would explain pieguy316 issue also.
Toggled that one too thinking it might be 😄.

1 year ago

I guess the source of this problem is the same as for extension i use Extended Steamgifts (not supported anymore but i like to use it). Hope author of this extension tell what changed and maybe I will be somehow able to repair it for myself (unfortunately i am not familiar with web pages coding :/)

1 year ago

Same, I have them on top and now they're back to the bottom. I tried disabling the setting and enabling it again, but it didn't help.

1 year ago

cg has been making some behind-the-scenes updates to the site recently. His code changes must have broken this feature in both ESGST and Extended SG.

1 year ago

Undocumented changes (╯°▽°)╯ ┻━┻

.homepage_heading was changed to .block_header minor changes needed in these files https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst/search?q=homepage_heading

1 year ago*

Probably. Cheers all for the help anyway.

1 year ago

Is it just me who can't figure out how to see my whitelist's wishlist?
I have synced the whitelist and when I click the folder-star button on my whitelist page, I just land on my profile settings again.

1 year ago

Option "4.1 Active Discussions On Top/Sidebar" not working.

1 year ago

I try to disable grid view in esgst ber es klappt nicht. I have disabled it in settings and via wizard buzt always the gris ist shown,
How can i fix it?

1 year ago

Can't say whether that's the reason for your trouble but right now several parts of the addon don't work after some changes on the site were made.

PS: Nice avatar. :)

1 year ago*

Weird thing. When I have same page opened in 2 tabs and try to check for BL/WL in second one then I get infinte page checking.

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

4.11 - Reversed Active Discussions
This doesn't switch Deals on the right and Discussions on the left anymore.
Any suggestions?

1 year ago

decided to give it a shot, has a few things I've wanted for a while, but is there a way to hide specific discussions? in the top right, there's a bookmark button for each, there could be another for ignore/hide to get certain topics out of the way.

also a way to hide every poll, not just the one on the main page.

1 year ago*

ugh, is there a way to hide the fucking fanatical ad on the main page?

1 year ago

Discovered this awesome addon 2 weeks ago.
It's all great apart ONE thing.

When I enter a giveaway quickly from the mainpage, if the raffle has a description, a popup comes up.
It's annoying and despite looking through the settings, I couldn't find a way to turn that off.

Please help

1 year ago

This week the footer on SteamTrades grew from the standard size of about 1cm tall to now 8cm tall, which takes up about 1/3 of my browser window. Is there a glitch with ESGST conflicting with a recent site update, or did ST push a dumb update to the website to make the footer huge? Either way, can ESGST shrink the ST footer back to a reasonable size?

1 year ago

It is a steamtrades change, for now turn off fixed footer for steamtrades.

1 year ago

Trying to sync groups causes 429 error (Firefox)

429 Too Many Requests. It looks like you've sent too many requests recently. Please wait a few moments and then try again.

1 year ago

thanks for the effort you put into this Rafael Gomes

1 year ago

I had to reinstall and either importing settings didn't work or I did it super wrong.

Can someone tell me how to 1.) hide individual giveaways and 2.) mark hidden games as "hidden" in trains?

Thank you.

1 year ago

The URL to list giveaways of a game seems to have been changed.

Now instead of "https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?app=972660" it's "https://www.steamgifts.com/game/5V6s3/spiritfarer-farewell-edition".

On the new list it still shows the rating, tags, etc., but not the "Enter" button, even though it's set to show everywhere.

1 year ago

This is happening to me too. I thought it might be a new setting, but I can't find one that applies.

1 year ago

Yep same, came here looking for what setting I needed to change to revert it back to the previous behaviour!

1 year ago

When you hide a giveaway/discussion, can you make a giveaways/discussions from the following pages load?

11 months ago

Hi!
Firefox 113.0.1 (64-bit)
I find two functions of ESGST very helpful to trade my leftover games from bundles:
• Visited page tracker for ST
• 1-hour auto-bumper for ST
Both are now nonfunctional. Auto-bumper started working again. It do be like that sometimes! Visited page tracker still nonfunctional.
I don't know when exactly the auto-bumper broke. The visited page tracker broke when the Steamtrades updated it's website..
I tried removing and reinstalling the extension, enabling both functions, even while closing and reopening the browser at each step. Still no sign of life.

11 months ago*

On a new computer, the import/export buttons to Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive are not working for me. Nothing happens, no tabs/windows opened, no authentication is asked, and no errors in the console log. Though I do see an error when loading the page.
Importing/exporting to computer works fine.

I have uBlock Origin and uMatrix, but disabling them on the page makes no difference.

Firefox 113.0.2
ESGST add-on 8.9.4

Video showing the issue: https://files.catbox.moe/fqdglt.mp4

View attached image.
11 months ago*

You may need to check the permissions in the settings, e.g. for google I think it is this one
(://.googleapis.com/*
Required to back up / restore data to / from Google Drive.)

10 months ago

Yes!! That was exactly it, thank you! 😊

10 months ago

When we click the magnifying glass icon for a GA, we get search results for all other active GAs for the same game title. Cool!!

How do I get that search results page to have the grid view? If this can't be done, then I propose it as a future feature.

10 months ago

"Failed to sync your owned / wishlisted / ignored games. Try again later." for over a month now.

Anyone else?

EDIT:

Nevermind. I just granted permission to literally everything in ESGST and everything is now synced.

10 months ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 9 months ago.

9 months ago

How to disable the popup when entering a giveaway with a description?
How to enable a window during synchronization that will show which games are being synchronized now? (numbers or names)

9 months ago

this

9 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.