Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

[Feature request] 9.13 Giveaway info.

Make these two items individually selectable:

• 13.1 Number of giveaways created
  • 13.2 CV value for for a given game.

We are all different in what we'd like to see! :) In this case, I'd like to be able to see CV value but am not interested in seeing how many times I have given a particular game away.

7 months ago

I see, you are talking about 8.2.13.

I think there is a reason they are grouped together.
The CV value is decreased by 10% for each additional copy after giving away 5 times.
Some people find it is hard to keep track of how many times they have given away a game.
If the number of giveaways is not included, and they see that they are getting less and less CV, they will be confused and more useless bug report will be created.

7 months ago

Ah yes. 9.2.13.

Valid point. Although for me particularly, I am not interested so much in trying to calculate anything. It's more for curiosity to see, for example, how much my "$30 game" is really valued at in the moment i make the giveaway.

7 months ago

I installed the extension since somebody said that it would enable a dark mode for the steamgifts page. I found a ton of other stuff that I really love. But I can't find the dark mode. Is it still in the addon? And how how do I activate it, if it is there?

6 months ago

No, ESGST can't enable dark mode.

You'll have to install a dark mode style for SG like this one: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/iO230/userstyle-sgv2-dark-175

6 months ago

When are we getting a new release? The last release was a year ago. The last commits on GitHub were on 27th July.

6 months ago

please please please some one help make this able to let us not see threads as i would love to have a option to be able to remove threads and not see them anymore

6 months ago

I think 4.3.1 option in the ESGST settings does what you're asking for.

6 months ago

sorry being stupid here but i selected that option and now what do i need to do?

6 months ago

all of the threads should now have an eye button besides them on the left end. click on it to hide the threads you want to.

6 months ago

thanks

6 months ago

In case you didn't know, there's also option 6.10 in ESGST which lets you hide posts from specific users. It adds an eye icon to a user's profile page. Click on it to hide that user's discussion posts and/or giveaways

View attached image.
6 months ago

6 months ago

Thanks, I should've included the link. It's 6.10 for me because I don't have ESGST enabled for steamtrades so the feature numbering is different than if I did.

6 months ago

You're welcome.

6 months ago

To everyone who helped me in my thread yesterday and as a general information: If you switch from the script to the extension, double check that nothing from the script remains installed somewhere, otherwise ESGST will behave weird and will probably break other scripts.

It is an user error, of course, so ESGST can not be blamed. And apparently I was too blind to avoid that user error :D
(Deleted everything that remained from the script, now only using the extension and not both, and all my other scripts work again)

6 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

6 months ago

Does anyone know how to fix "This game is queued for fetching" when ESGST is trying to generate the tags of the game?

6 months ago

The ESGST server is slow, so please be patient.

6 months ago

I do not think it is a slow issue. It's been like this for a day or two.

6 months ago

Probably a bit weird request but can anyone tell me if there's an option in the tool to hide a specific giveaway of a game instead of the usual where it hided all such instances?
If yes, please do tell me the option number too, thank you.

6 months ago

3.21.1 Single Filters https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gf_s
Just bear in mind you need to click on the left eye icon, not on the right one.
Best enable the switch as well. 3.21.1.1 https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gf_s_s

6 months ago

Perfect. Thanks.

6 months ago

is the HLTB feature broken for everyone or just me?

6 months ago

You mean in the "Game Categories" 9.2.15 ? I never managed to have it work.
Edit : i might have had a sync issue.

6 months ago

yeah thats the one, did you get it to work?

6 months ago

I did all my missing syncing, but it changed nothing.

6 months ago

It seems that group sync is bugged out. Maybe it's because I'm in many groups? Not sure honestly, but are there others having problems with syncing groups?

5 months ago

Bump

5 months ago

Have you tried all the things mentioned in these comments?
Maybe it will work out magically.

5 months ago

This helped, thank you very much! ♥️

5 months ago

Made a back-up from the settings but made a mistake, clicked 'download settings' instead of 'back-up data' but no clue if this has anything to do with my issue though.
Now when I go to a discussion with hidden giveaways and use the 'Giveaway Extractor' while having 'Hidden Game's Enter Button Disabler' on, I can still join giveaways from there while if I click on the giveaway and open it in a new page, it won't let me join, is that broken or do I need to set another setting I can't find? Feel like it worked fine before my reset.

5 months ago

What is broken for you?
Still be able to join hidden game giveaways from a discussion page, or cannot enter a giveaway from its page.

If it is the latter, I think it is working as intend.
Hidden Game's Enter Button Disabler: Disables the enter button of any giveaway if you have hidden the game on SteamGifts so that you do not accidentally enter it.
Maybe you've hid the game, so the Enter button is disable for you.

5 months ago

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear, I can still join them even when I have that turned off! (or the setting to avoid that turned on)
When I go to the giveaway page I can't join as it should be, but from the 'Extract giveaways' page I can join which I rather not to not join something I already had ignored and didn't notice.

As an example:
Here you can see at the extract page, I can join some and not others while they are all ignored/hidden!
If I go to their giveaway page, it's indeed hidden and can't join!

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 months ago*

Hello,

I am not sure if I'm using the Have/Want List Checker correctly, but why I am not getting any matches for games that I do have a match yet can't seem to find them using the List Checker too?

View attached image.
5 months ago

Discussion threads are no longer loading if 'Endless Scrolling' is enabled. It shows 'Displaying 1 to 0' and the page keeps loading forever.

Are others experiencing the same thing? I wonder if cg's recent site optimizations broke something in ESGST.

View attached image.
4 months ago

i have the same issue

4 months ago

i posted a comment while it wont load and it loaded next tiem, but after refresh-again no load

4 months ago

in discussions, comments are not loading-working while we uncheck 'reverse order'
while entering giveaway page, image for game disappearing
disappearing of gifs/images in comments

4 months ago

Hey there rafael!
Please have a look here
Seems like there were changes to SG. Endless scrolling + Comment Reverser do not work anymore...

4 months ago

reverse comments seems to be broken. actually lots of things seems to be broken.
since rafa has been away for a long time, looks like we all will be forced to use the regular steamgifts.

4 months ago

for all those who have broken reverse coments: when comments are NOT loading, press link to last page-it will load correctly

4 months ago

Does anyone know how I can update the FULL CV/Reduced Value/Owned etc.
I owned new games after i installed the extension but it doesn't register and i remember seeing something about it but i just can not find it.

4 months ago

I'm not sure if there is an individual setting, but you will need to grant permissions. Have you got this switched on?
Settings > 1. Permissions > 11th entry - : //.esgst.rafaelgomes.xyz/* - Required to sync reduced CV and no CV games and optional to hide games when syncing.

4 months ago

Thanks for the advice it was automatically allowed, Turns out I just needed to disable group syncing lol

4 months ago

Manual sync can be done via your profile / left hand side menu / under ESGST, click sync. The sync button will be in the middle-ish area of the screen. Depending on how much needs to be synced it could take a while, so be patient. There should be a sync progress report on the right side under the last synced times.

4 months ago

Tha'ts what I tried to do but it didn't wor but i figured it out. Appearantly the group sync which is the first thing doesn't sync for me for some reason but everything else was synced pretty fast after i disabled it.
Thank you

4 months ago

Hey, sorry to ask this but I am just thinkering around and just experimenting creating my own simple extenstion just for my own use with specific functions just for me... Question is: What do you use/do to get the info about steam games, sepcifically i'm looking for if they have steam trading cards?

4 months ago

You can check this repository, where @rafaelgomesxyz implements the scraping logic, the ESGST plugin will prioritize getting game information from ESGST server, before querying Steam directly.
https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst-server

Please beware that ESGST checks if a game has Steam trading card or not based on its game tag, which is often incorrect, please see this discussion.
IMHO, a more accurate approach is parsing Steam protobuf, like SteamDB did.

Look at this game, it drops cards but doesn't have Steam trading cards tag.
Searching on Github for item_class, item_description, and item_name, you will find some useful resources.
For example, below link.
https://github.com/SteamDatabase/Protobufs/blob/master/webui/service_quest.proto

4 months ago

hey, yeah, thanks for response. Yeah, I noticed same thing with God of War not showing that it has steam trading cards etc...

4 months ago

How do you make Extract More show up at the bottom of the page when extracting a train to a new page? It's showing up only at the top. Which means you have to scroll to the top to hit the button after looking at all the giveways, then scroll back down to see the new giveaways, and keep repeating that.

I used to know how to change that and had it set up previously, but my settings unexpectedly got lost (it was a browser problem, not a problem with the extension) so I've had to start over from scratch.

4 months ago

Not exactly what you want but the feature 2.12. Fixed Main Page Heading will keep the main page heading at the top of the window while you scroll down the page.

4 months ago

1. Option Trading cards turned to SHOW ONLY, but there are still games with no cards in list? Why?
    screenshot
  2. Can developer, please, make an option to turn off descriptions at all after entering giveaway?
4 months ago

About 2., please see https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst/issues/1736.
Short answer: No.

4 months ago

I've been using ESGST on edge for a few months, the update that just occurred seems to have broken it, I tried removing and re-adding with no effect.. anyone have any tips to get it to work in edge?

And before anyone says it, I have an intentional separation of what I use my browsers for, chrome has another purpose.

3 months ago

ESGST on Edge is working for me. ESGST version 8.9.4, Edge version 120.0.2210.133.
Visiting SG, do you have any error on the browser's console, available when pressing F12 key?

I have an intentional separation of what I use my browsers for

I use Firefox with Multi-Account Containers add-on, this way I can access personal and work emails concurrently (same email provider).
No need for me to install a different browser.

3 months ago

Thanks for the confirmation, i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it seems to be back to good again.

3 months ago

what about discussions/comments not laoding on endless scrolling + comment reverser?

3 months ago

Hi, I encountered a bug in 37: URL Redirector

see here: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/2yWoe/okay-admit-it-you-who-did-it#UDdihhi

2 months ago

Is this the Add-on that shows which games you already own in a bundle? I can't seem to find that thread anymore.

2 months ago

This one can do that.

2 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.