Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

• v2.9.2 Limited the Not Received Finder feature to only allow one search per time and one request per second.
7 years ago

• v2.9.2.1 Fixed a bug that prevented the results from popping up again when clicking on the button after a search in the Not Received Finder feature.
7 years ago

Script's getting better and better. Thanks.

7 years ago

You're welcome.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago*

I did used to add it inside, but that was a long time ago, so I don't think anybody is still using that version. And when I added it inside, it was on the right side. Looking at your logs, the icon is on the left side, so it couldn't be mine because when I started adding it on the left side, it was always outside of the anchor, and as a span element. I really don't know what else could be adding ban icons though, since the Whitelist / Blacklist Indicator script adds it to the right if I remember correctly.

And I think you should always use textContent instead of innerHTML for grabbing text from elements.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

i don't use your "find those bans" nor anything that adds the ban icon next to users. but could it possibly be "Label black-/white- listed users" inside of SGT Frogs script? -- it only adds a blacklist (possibly ban icon instead?) icon next to users that you have blacklisted though, not one that finds people that have you yourself blacklisted.

just a thought.

7 years ago

You're right that SGT Frog adds an icon inside it, but it's a fa fa-star-o. At least here. Don't know if it can be changed.

7 years ago*

Oh I was looking at my whitelist, duh. Bingo! It's SGT Frog.

7 years ago

hehe, got further then me. i don't even know how to read the code for it. ^^

but i figured it might use a ban icon as a blacklist notification.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

you worded that just right so even those without code knowledge but just basic site/script knowledge could help. glad to of helped. and yeah i never did use that feature from that script, just remember it being there was all. i use revils version of it though because it wasn't as intrusive looking.

7 years ago

Well, I personally like to add it to the whitelist / blacklist pages because I can see that it's highlighting every user as it should and go sync it if it's not.

7 years ago

I meant just in general. Using textContent to retrieve text from elements is better because it doesn't parse the text as HTML, so it has better performance. You could maybe make sure to get only the element's text by iterating over its nodes looking for a text node.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I have a different rule because I try to optimize my code as best as I can based on what I know, even if the difference won't matter. :P I used to use innerHTML as well, but then I learned about its evils and started using textContent and insertAdjacentHTML instead.

7 years ago

• v2.9.3 Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature has been enabled again for lists, with some limitations: you are now allowed only one check at a time, and only one request per second. This makes the process a lot slower, but at least it will definitely not stress the SG servers now. And users that have already been checked will not add time to that process if you check another list with those same users: their giveaways are stored for future checks and all results are cached for 48 hours.

Hope I covered all bugs. ^^

7 years ago

This feature is missing for me since update 2.8.something. I use another script to reorganize the screen (I think ESG do that) and no check button appears on my screen. Why don't you insert this feature as popup since it will work with only one request?

7 years ago

It should be back with v2.9.3. Are you using the latest version? And is it enabled in the settings menu? I don't know what you mean by popup, but that wouldn't prevent multiple requests from being made at all.

7 years ago

It is back. I just updated... Thanks. :P
By the way, the popup I mentioned is like the one that appears to show the users when the scan is done.
I don't know how you guys call that box that I identify as popup. :P

7 years ago

Glad to hear it. :)

7 years ago

Just for you to know, it says that I'm already performing a check over than 2 hours...
It keeps saying that even when I closed Chrome and restart my PC. At this point I really think the check thing is stuck.

7 years ago

It should be fixed in the new version.

7 years ago

looks like it is fixed. :)

7 years ago

I knew that was premature. :P

• v2.9.3.1 Fixed a small bug.
7 years ago

• v2.9.3.2 Had forgotten to add the one-check block. It's there now.
7 years ago

• v2.9.3.3 Had actually added the same Not Received Finder block to the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker one. They're separated now.
7 years ago

dra-mat-ic-a-lly slower.. lol. currently on user 85 of 104 users in a scan started after this update. (approx 1hr ago)..

i think it maybe able to get bumped up a hair safely, but i understand keeping it down there till you here from cg. (if he ever replies anyways) xD

7 years ago

Well, I can change how many requests are made per second at any point, so maybe I'll increase it to 2 or 3, since Not Received Finder already takes 1 and Sighery was told by knsys to keep it at most at 5.

7 years ago

2 i would think is safe leaving that little bit of wiggle room, but is it per tab based or across all tabs it would still be limited? if multiple tabs can be doing multiple scans, that is more likely what was causing the 700page request in a minute that cg was talking about really.. so keeping it this limited maybe better if people could open 20 tabs making it 20 requests a second again.

edit: scan completed and caching worked great, refreshed and told it to scan again. it only scanned users and instantly loaded the results.. ^^

7 years ago*

Increased it to 2 per second. You cannot perform it in multiple tabs, is it not blocking you if you try?

Glad to know it's working. ^^

7 years ago

nice on increase ^^
oh, yes it certainly is blocking me now.. it wasn't before cg said anything, but that's good except.... refreshing the page while in the middle of the scan won't allow me to start a scan anymore even after exiting the browser and returning.

7 years ago

I'm currently trying to see if I can come up with a way to solve this, since the checker only frees the next check at the end of the current one, so stopping it before letting it finish will never free it.

7 years ago

yeah i tested to see that message and then thought maybe i might see if i could trick it by opening up the tabs of stuff i wanted to scan before i started any scan and tell them to all check that way without triggering it.. i thought refreshing the page would just kill the scan, so stuck like that.. ^^

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

done/fixed, you can remove that so no1 can take advantage.

and appears that you updated it to no longer bugout like that. ^^ thanks

edit: also there is no tricking it either which is good.. it won't allow multi-tab scans at all.. xD

7 years ago

Removed ^^

7 years ago

is there a timer on how long the cache is valid? for instance how long before you could update the results to check and see if there are changes (someone removed you from their blacklist or whitelist).

7 years ago

48 hours.

7 years ago

good

7 years ago

• 2.9.4 Added a loading icon to the Discussion Edits Detector feature.
7 years ago

• v2.9.5 You can now highlight users who have whitelisted / blacklisted you in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature.
7 years ago

• v2.9.5.1 Added a tooltip when hovering over the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker & Highlighter icons, such as "you have whitelisted x" and "x has whitelisted you".
7 years ago

• v2.9.6 Whitelist / Blacklist Checker requests have been increased to 2 per second.
7 years ago

• v2.9.6.1 Fixed a bug that prevented you from performing another check if you reloaded the page in the middle of a check.
7 years ago*

Hi, I was on WL/Group GA page and I tried to make WL Check. I think the checkbox is still quite confusing. I understood it like this: unchecked - it checks only, for example, page 1, or page 2, or page 3, and so on (so it means 10 pages for me) and checked - it checks all pages ON the WL/Group pages. But it seems I was wrong, because if it is checked, it seems to check all steamgifts - it means hundred of pages, right?

I think it is not good. It should work like I thought it worked. I had to finish it after scanning several hundred of pages, because it would have taken forever to check all SG.

Well, it was yesterday and today I still cannot perform a check, because it says I am checking now. Is it really performing the check on the background? Can I stop it somehow?

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Nope, it only checks all the pages of the current list. Something might have gone wrong. It kept showing "Retrieving users (page x)..."?

No, it's just that prior to v2.9.6.1, if you interrupted a check it wouldn't be able to know that and so it wouldn't free the checker. I just pushed an update that should fix that for people that did that before v2.9.6.1.

7 years ago

Yes, something must have gone wrong. It is not showing anything, just if I click to the Check button, it will say me that I am performing checking.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Did you update?

7 years ago

Not before, but I updated now. I can do the checking again now, but it checks again hundreds of pages instead of 10 in my group/WL page. But it is good that when I leave the page, it will stop and I can perform another checking at least.

7 years ago

It's saying "Retrieving users (page x)..." forever?

7 years ago

It looks like that it doesn't work on default group/wl page like this:
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?type=group
Or pages whose are not the last.
For example, https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?page=9&type=group
It scans hundreds or thousands pages.

But it works well when I am on the last page in group/wl like this:
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?page=10&type=group
It scans the 10 pages I have in the group/wl page.

Edited.

7 years ago*

It works for me without any problem, though my list is pretty short because of hidden giveaways, only 20 GA - 1 page. Can it be then that something is up with pagination?
Edit: more than one page of all giveaways - it also works properly. So something up with groups / additional filters?

7 years ago*

I tried to deactivate Extended SteamGifts that makes the pagination and endless support and it is the same.

Edit: I just also tried to disable all the other users scripts and it is the same. :(

7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

Actually now it should, there was still an issue before.

7 years ago

If you already uploaded that version, then it is still not working.

7 years ago

You're using v2.9.6.3.1?

7 years ago

If you mean the number in the script, there is just 2.9.6.3 and if I ask for updates in Tempermonkey, it will tell me there are no updates.

7 years ago

Try again now.

7 years ago

It works! :) Thanks.

7 years ago

I have a feeling I know what it is. If you change search?page=9&type=group to type=group&search?page=9 does it work?

Edit: Nevermind, that's broken. I'm trying to see if I can fix it.

7 years ago*

• v2.9.6.2 Fixed the one-check block issue for people that had prevented a check prior to v2.9.6.1 in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker Feature.
7 years ago

So this can tell me who blacklisted me? Although it sounds tempting, I don't know if it's good for my sanity :P

7 years ago

Well, not every single person. It lets you check a certain list or page(s). And only if the person has already made a giveaway. :P

7 years ago

disabling the wl/bl checker for giveaways still shows the checker anyways. ;)

edit: it disables the discussion side, but not the giveaways side.

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Right now it disables only on /giveaways/, not on /giveaway/, since the later can be used for lists of entries / winners.

7 years ago

i see

7 years ago

back to this again, with the settings of both of them off in the menu like photo #1 you get photo #2 xD hehe

you shouldn't be able to even disable the rule checker in /giveaway/ (or at least not on the winners pages), but it is /discussions/ & /giveaways/ is where i was hoping to disable the rule checker.

2nd screenshot is from /giveaway/abcde/gamename/winners page

edit: better clarified (hopefully)

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Hope it's fixed now. :)

7 years ago

yeah, that works perfect. =)

7 years ago

• v2.9.6.3 Fixed a bug with pagination and filters in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature.
7 years ago

Feature request:
Simple version - I would like to have the possibility to automatically send keys to the winner(s) of an ended giveaway when I click on the Unsent link. This would be enough for me.

Better version - there would be also a button that would send all keys to all winner in all ended giveaways.

Advanced version - there could be lots of improvements. For example, one could set it to send keys just to whitelisted users or users who already had won and marked the game as received. Also it could exclude giveaways that have unsent keys because the GA is waiting for a reroll. It could exclude also users where the script detected not received games.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Simple and better versions sound doable, not sure about the advanced one. I'll look into it.

7 years ago

This has been added, in case you missed it. :) Well, the better version at least. I'll add the ability to send them while clicking on Unsent later. And how is it possible to know if a giveaway is waiting for reroll?

7 years ago

Very good, thanks! I will test it when some giveaways of mine end. I don't know if it is possible to check if a GA is waiting for reroll I had just the idea. Or maybe the script could save the info about reroll after the user clicks on the reroll link?

7 years ago

Added this. If you submit a reroll request after v4.2.1, it will not send the gift to that user.

7 years ago

Nice, YOU ROCK! Thanks.

7 years ago

• v2.9.6.3.1 Actually now fixed it.
7 years ago

if you're taking on request i got one i'd love to see. ;)

better rule checker. a button on the giveaways winner page (and even user profile pages too) that checks if they have any "not received" or "multiple wins for same title" -- suggested here
one that doesn't have to open up in 2nd & 3rd tabs.. basically similar to the wl/bl checker.. click the button and it heads over to the appropriate sgtools rule checks pages, if both pass, it comes back with a green checkbox or something showing it is safe to send the gift. or if they fail then it would come back with a red X that is clickable to show the details of why they failed the rulecheck..

then to extend it a little better, you could add in columns for multi-copy giveaways, that way on a 20copy giveaway you don't have to open up 40tabs with all the diff rule-checking.. you can simply press the button to check all users, and send to all the people who passed instantly, then do investigative work on those that fail to determine if the game should be sent or if a support ticket should be filed.

edit: oh and groups pages too that other user wanted the rulecheck to work on, it could technically scan all the same places that the wl/bl scanner checks. this could kinda tie in with pildas suggestion too.. have it automatically send keys to people who pass the rule-check but not those that fail it.

7 years ago*

I'm currently implementing this, so it might come later today. :)

7 years ago

i kinda figured you already planned too ^^

too good of a feature to skip out on really. xD

edit: whenever that feature shows up.. i think you'll be fully replacing sgt-frog for me.. all the features i used from that script this one is taking on.. only thing i'd lose that i don't really care about is avatar hover pop-out.

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Only problem is adding too many panels to the sidebar will mess with fixed elements. Maybe I'll have to add an option to toggle between panels.

7 years ago

well, it maybe more confusing then it already is. but could it just be the same button as the wl/bl checker but with a couple more tickbox options?

Only check revilheart.
Only check rulechecks.
Also check whitelist.
Also check rulechecks.
Check all pages.

7 years ago

That might give the idea that you could check whitelist / blacklist and rule checks at the same time.

I was thinking something like this:

View attached image.
7 years ago

ahh yeah, that would be better. ^^

7 years ago

Could add a popup to mine as well, we'll see. :)

7 years ago

if you decide to add popups in, do a group version of it also.. i use a script just for that.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/7TeLS/

View attached image.
7 years ago

Do you think I should include DLCs that are probably activated and well-known false positives that are whitelisted in the results?

7 years ago

no, just ignore those imo. they're almost always activated really. those are typically in mult-win if rulebreaking is going on.

7 years ago

It's here. Hope it's working well. ^^

7 years ago

first scan i started was on a 2copy GA's winner page (where u send the key) and it froze on the second user. attempted twice and froze both times.

7 years ago

It might take a while because depending on the number of wins an user has the requests to SGT can be slow. Are you sure it froze? Any errors in the console?

7 years ago

oh it did eventually go. sorry. i knew sgtools took a while but i still wasn't waiting long enough.. my bad. ^^

seems great though. xD thank you so much for the way better rule-checker. xD

7 years ago

You're welcome. xD

It would be great if I could expand it to Pilda's suggestion now. :) And I could also add the same functionality of highlighting the users around SG like the WBC feature does if you want, since the results are also stored.

7 years ago

yeah, that would be awesome. xD
either way is fine with me on highlighting the users. i certainly wouldn't disable that feature if it were added, but the checking in general was what i wanted. opening up a half a dozen tabs when several GAs ended was a pain. i don't mind if it only does one GA at a time if i only have to bother with one tab at a time. ^^

edit: actually the highlighting would come in handy on those really large copy GAs (but not quite 50 where it auto-sent keys anyways)
otherwise i'd be hitting the scan button over and over cause i wouldnt be able to remember results for 15+ people. ^^

7 years ago*

I'll add it then. I'm just concerned now that there might be way too many icons in front of each user. :P

7 years ago

is there a way to just literally highlight the user or change their text color to green for pass and red for fail?

7 years ago

There is. That actually sounds like a better idea than adding yet another icon.

7 years ago

yeah, it wont be as intrusive looking that way. ^^

edit: try to think of shades of colors that are both friendly to regular and dark themes users please xD

7 years ago*

I'll just use the same colors as the green / red from the received / not received class. That way it will be compatible with all themes.

7 years ago

sounds great. =)

7 years ago

• v2.9.6.4 Changed the version because Tampermonkey wasn't detecting an update.
7 years ago

BL/WL checker just stuck on retrieving Nimmy's giveaways while I was checking my group/wl page. It has been retrieving for many minutes now.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Any errors in the console?

7 years ago

Yes, this one.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

Works well now, thanks. :)

7 years ago

• v2.9.6.5 Fixed a bug in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature.
7 years ago

caching doesn't seem to work as well now (idk which update goofed it though). run a scan on a small group till it completes with results, refresh page to scan it again, and instead of just doing a quick scan of the users and popping up with results again it does the full scan all over again.

7 years ago

Could you test again now?

7 years ago

that fixed it, thanks.. and a much faster user scan method that i didn't even see now too. just instant results. ^^

7 years ago

If it's a small list (with one page only) or single user, yes, because it doesn't need to retrieve any pages. ^^

7 years ago

small group (40 users) so only 2 quick page scan. but yeah, that is the difference.. a group with 200 users takes a few seconds to gather the users from 8 pages versus just 40 users and 2 pages. xD

7 years ago

• v2.9.6.6 Fixed an issue with caching in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature.
7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.