Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I checked quite a lot of users for WLs/BLs and it took a few hours. The time is ok, but it was quite frustrating because I could not see any progress - I didn't know how far I was. Could you show also how many users from how many users overaly have been checked? I mean something like: 52/412 users checked...

7 years ago

I don't know what you mean. There is a text that shows the progress.

Mine is different because the dropdown has not yet been released, but the progress has always been there.

View attached image.
7 years ago

You are right, I didn't notice that before. It is because I can see it only for a few miliseconds between the users but I cannot see it while an user is checked and it is 99 % of all time. If an user have tens of pages, the information is not there for many minutes.

View attached image.
7 years ago

I'll keep the overall progress always visible in the next update.

7 years ago

It will be nice, thanks. :)

7 years ago

Done :)

7 years ago

Could you add markers for those accounts that BL/WL us, just like there are markers for accounts that are on our BL/WL?
It would make sense to have an accessible db/list of both somewhere, instead of just a 48h cache, if I got that part right. ;)

7 years ago

There are. Are you using the latest update?

7 years ago

Edit: Ah, I see it now. Simply had no case of bl/wl in my latest test. ;)

7 years ago

They were added with v2.9.5, so they should be showing for you. Are they not? You should check the settings menu to see if they're enabled.

They look like this:

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

fixed elements on, but sidebar disabled is messed up.. it hides the sidebar behind the main content & even trying to go directly to https://www.steamgifts.com/account#rhSGST to fix it no longer worked. i had to remove the script and restore an earlier backup with data (only ~1-2 hours old) to have it enabled again.

7 years ago

Probably a conflict with another script.

You could have just disabled it and asked me to help you bring it back, sorry you lost data.

7 years ago

probably, but honestly i didn't even mean to disable it in your script anyways, i meant to disable it in sgtfrog relying solely on your sidebar fix.. but did the opposite on accident. trying to prepare myself for removing sgtfrog since it's rendered fairly useless with all your features you've added. xD

only things that sgt frog offered was the avatar hover, rule check links (you'll replace later), and the fixed header didn't conflict with the bookmark script. but i can change the header height in your script from auto to 0 and then i can see the top bookmark that would normally hide behind the bar.

no i really didn't lose data though. nothing was done since the backup. ^^

edit: oh, and i'll lost "Show giveaway win percentage" from sgtfrog, but no real loss, just something i left enabled cause it was harmless.

7 years ago*

So it looks like you found the conflict with the bookmark script. I'll fix it later, thanks. ^^

I'll have to take a look at those features later. Right now I want to revamp the Better Replies feature and get it working again, and also finish my Endless Scrolling feature while taking a look at Pilda's suggestion.

7 years ago

that's not really a fix that everyone would like.. it actually just removes the header bar but leaves the buttons sticky'd as if the bar was still there.

7 years ago

Ah I see.

7 years ago

It should be fixed now.

7 years ago

yes btw, this is fixed and compatible with sg bookmarks. squished added a fix for dark style users at the same time, but this fixed it even when i disable dark style too. ^^

7 years ago

sorry... stuck with it telling me i'm already doing a scan again when i'm not.. tried the same fix as before (saved that which was deleted in a txt doc), but it won't fix it the same way.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

thanks lol, same line of text placed twice prior didn't do it.. but the 3rd time it finally fixed it.. and already reverted back to normal after it fixed.. welcome to remove that again though. ^^

7 years ago

Done. ^^ I don't know what other way I could use to block it, hope not many people get stuck with that.

7 years ago

yeah i hope not too. i honestly have no idea what caused it or when it happened for me, just went to use it and it started giving that message again randomly was all. -- i actually got it memorized now though if it ever happens for me again.

7 years ago

• v2.10 Added Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker feature. Made some changes to the progress text in the Whitelist / Blacklist feature, and the results are now sorted alphabetically. Fixed some bugs.
7 years ago

• 3.0 Changed the version because it detected 2.10 as a downgrade from 2.9.
7 years ago

• v3.0.1 Fixed a compatibility issue with SG Bookmarks' script.
7 years ago

• v3.0.2 Fixed an issue with the option to show the panel in giveaways and discussions.
7 years ago

last changes are awesome for people without skills to make their own checkers :like:
and I sense spike in tickets checked old ga with mere 700 entries, 222 non act and 100something multiple

Is it possible to change colour of font of the checkers (used with dark skin is kinda invisible)

thanks for awesome work!

7 years ago

pretty sure you mean here.. in which case i agree. (text next to red dot)

edit: imo use the blue text color from the sidebar (category links to the left from here)

View attached image.
7 years ago

was meaning this, will check options now :)

View attached image.
7 years ago

oh, mully blue theme instead. gotcha.

7 years ago

That should be fixed on Mully's side, because she made the sidebar exactly the same color as the text. :)

7 years ago

Should be the same color as the sidebar headers now.

7 years ago

still grey for me with or without squished's theme. -- i'm okay with that anyways though, it's not nearly as bad as what procrastination is dealing with by using mullys theme.

edit: love the name color change according to pass/fail sgtools rules. ^^ looks great xD

7 years ago

Weird, I tested with Squished's theme here and it changed.

7 years ago

ohh.. i do see it now.. i had to revert back, take a snapshot and compare zoomed in order to tell.. its a faint difference, but is better. :D

View attached image.
7 years ago

• v3.0.3 You can now highlight users with or without not activated / multiple wins in the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker.
7 years ago

• v3.0.4 Changed the color of the panel dropdown.
7 years ago

question about how the caching functions.. i know the cache itself is considered good for 48hours on both the scanner types, but if i don't bother updating any of that info in the next couple weeks will the highlighters still go off the old cache until the cache gets updated? or after the 48hours is up, will those highlights go away with a cache removal? i assume the cache sticks until it's updated with newer cache, but just making sure. xD

extended caching question: does it cache as it gets results mid-way thru a scan as well or only at the end of the scan?? for instance if i start scanning 100people and 50% of the way thru it i lose internet and it errors out, when i start the scan back up is the first 50% i scanned already cached or will it need to still rescan that half as well?

7 years ago*

The cache is never deleted, only updated. So after 48 hours, your results will still be there and the highlighter will therefore still work. I also plan on adding an option to the settings menu to allow the user to update all their caches so they don't have to go back to all the lists again and re-do them.

By the way, Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker has a cache of 7 days instead of 48 hours.

7 years ago

That's a good point you bring. Currently the cache is only stored at the end of the entire check, I'll change that in the next version.

7 years ago

good on the first part, glad it's never removed.. that's what i was hoping for. xD
and wow, that scan to update the cache will take forever, but so worth it.. looking forward to that (however i won't run it but once a month max, lol)

and that sounds great if its not a pain to cache at the end of each result instead of at the end of the scan completion. i almost stopped a scan that was 80% done, just so i could do an individual check. but didn't think it cached until the end, so waited it out. but that could come in handy to purposely stop scans to do something else, then return where you left off later. xD

7 years ago

Not at all. I don't know why I didn't make it that way in the first place, since the results are already saved at the end of each individual check, just not stored to your computer. I just added it. If you stop a check now, it should pick up where it left.

7 years ago

• v3.0.5 Changed the checkers to cache results as they progress instead of at the end of the process.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

• v3.0.6 Fixed a bug in the retrieving of group giveaways in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature.
7 years ago

Something that would be awesome is if the new SGtools checker would work on your giveaways created page to check the "unsent" giveaways. :)

7 years ago

Yeah, Pilda / d3m4n suggested something like that. It might be coming, we'll see. :)

7 years ago

personally all i care is for it to scan the /winners/ pages though and not bother with all entries. but yeah, starting a scan from the created page that only scans "unsent" and only scans the "winners" would be ideal. xD

then you go visit the winners pages for each unsent game after the scan completes, see if the user is green or red and decide whether to send it or not (or if green use pildas idea and automate the send even -- with option to disable for those that still want to manually send only) ^^

7 years ago

Hello,
I wonder whether the two checkboxes on user profiles have a meaning. Their existence is kinda confusing. Maybe you could remove them both.

There is only one user I want to check so why would I uncheck an checkbox to apply it to the other users who don't exist?

Why should I chose whether it will check all pages or just one when there is only one functional way and it is "check as many pages as needed"? When I want to check an user, I cannot know if one page will be enough.

View attached image.
7 years ago

it checks your sent games list (or whoever profile you are on's sent games) -- all pages of the sent games of said user, or only the first current page of sent games of said user. ^^ (or the first checkbox only checks the user themselves, and ignores their sent games)

edit: i kinda don't care about other users profiles sent stuff. but it's nice to check your own profiles sent list. ^^

7 years ago*

Ok, thanks. Look at the answer to revilheart so that I wouldn't have to write the same twice. :)

7 years ago

The other users do exist. They are every other user in the page (the winners of that user's giveaways).

"Check all pages." is irrelevant if "Only check x." is checked. I'll see if I can make it so that when "Only check x." is checked, "Check all pages." is hidden and vice-versa.

7 years ago

Ok, maybe the checkbox could be called "Check also winners" or something like that, it would be more obvious what it does. But why would someone check the winners of the other people, anyway? I would understand if it was my winners, but winners of the other people?

7 years ago

+1

clutter the settings menu with more places to disable checkers imo (not sarcasm)
cause i see how others will like the feature everywhere humanly possible, but i only want it a few places.

i'd also like to disable the checkers on the actual giveaway pages too and only have it on for /entries & /winners pages instead if possible too.

7 years ago

Hmm I don't know... Maybe I can change the tooltip? I'd like to keep "Only check x." as it is. It looks pretty straightforward to me.

I wanted to add it to every possible page. Some people might want to check them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll see if I can add more options to disable it in certain pages.

7 years ago

while adding things to settings, can you add the option to choose which scanner is the default chosen on pages?
or have it remember and use last used scan type per page type? (if i load a winners page i want it to default to the rulechecker, if i load a groups page, i want it to default to wl/bl-checker.)

7 years ago

Remembering the last option was something I wanted to add, yes. Will see if I can also do the default thing.

7 years ago

it shouldn't imo need both really, the remembering last used is enough for me. (if it remembers per page type though and not just last used overall)

it's the better of the two options really, but probably harder to implement

7 years ago

Remembering last used per page is actually the easiest, because the one for setting default options I would have to design a whole new menu section for that, while remembering last used I only need to save / load from the storage.

7 years ago

sounds great then ^^

--removed the question-- i just confused myself for no reason & knew the answer already

7 years ago*

awesome script, thanks :)

7 years ago

You're welcome. :)

7 years ago

as if i haven't put enough on your plate as it is... :P

any chance the text in the top could get changed to green, but still leaving the text in the bottom red (keeping the green for pass and red for fail more universal xD) ??

View attached image.
7 years ago

Oh didn't know it was red in the dark theme. Will do in the next version. :)

7 years ago

ahh, i didn't realize it was grey/default text color without the theme. hehe xD

sounds good though.

7 years ago

If you ever need it, here is a list with appid <-> gameid in JSON:
https://royalgamer06.ga/sgdb.json
It's not complete, but the best what we have right now.
If you know a good method for scraping info, let me know.

7 years ago

Don't think I'll be needing it, but it looks great, thank you! :)

7 years ago

I actually have a suggestion. Could you please save all found info about blacklist/whitelist during checking and not only on the end? Also, I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if it could check for blacklists on my winnings page.

7 years ago

check for updates, i already had him change that ;) -- caching question

and i think it does so if you just goto your own profile page. xD
that second part question is bugged, it used to be able too.

7 years ago*

It should now appear in your own profile.

7 years ago

Could you maybe separate blacklist and whitelist checker? I think it would be extremely beneficial for server load.
Maybe I'll offend someone, but people use the tool to find blacklists, not to find whitelists. Because whitelist is "useless" until giveaway is made, but being blacklisted just hurt people's ego, simple as that.
I noticed from the page loads that whitelist is only being checked by WL only giveaway, while the blacklist one can be done so much easier - just check a public giveaway, so separating the two could significantly reduce load

7 years ago

They are already. You should see the option "Also check whitelist." in the panel.

7 years ago

Nice, I didn't notice this updated version :)

7 years ago

Maybe take it one step further and leave the "check whitelist" unchecked per standard? Opt-in instead of Opt-out.

7 years ago

I use it only for whitelists because I can find people who whitelisted me in group/WL giveaway page and whitelist them back. But you are right it would be good to separate for less server load. :)

7 years ago

I think there is something wrong with the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker, because it just returned that everyone in my BL is clear of both (not activated and multiple wins), and that is clearly not the case.

7 years ago

The requests were being blocked, so that might have caused that.

7 years ago

Maybe putting too much stress on their servers.

I keep getting an error saying that I'm performing requests and that I need to wait for them to finish. However I'm not doing any.

7 years ago

Did you interrupt any check? I don't know why people are still getting these after v2.9.6.1...

7 years ago

I did.

7 years ago

You could find all occurrences of

GM_getValue("rhSGST").Current
Backup.Current
rhSGST.Current

in the script and replace Current with CurrentRequests as a temporary fix. I'll try to find a better solution to deal with interruptions.

7 years ago

Found them all, because it's working.

Thank you!

7 years ago

• v3.0.7 Unfortunately had to remove the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker for lists because it was stressing the SGTools servers.
7 years ago

its seems to be 100% disabled even on single copy giveaway winners page to though. not just for lists.

7 years ago

Yeah, that's considered a list to the script. Right now it's only enabled on user's profiles.

7 years ago

np, i totally understand. is there plans to enable a individual checker on winners pages in the near future though or should i just go back to links being there (via one of a few scripts)?

if possible just take the little ? based checker next to the "won" button and add it next to the username on a winner page.. (if multiple winners, multiple buttons) -- but no list scanning still.. each button has to be pressed to check just the two pages.. xD

7 years ago

Not at the very near future because I'm currently seeing if I can get a cheap host because then I wouldn't need to worry about stressing any servers and re-enable it for lists.

7 years ago

np, i understand. xD

small english correction

line 1850:

NAMWCProgress.textContent = "None not activated or multiple wins found.";

to:

NAMWCProgress.textContent = "No not activated or multiple wins were found.";
7 years ago

Thanks, I was quite unsure as to which one to use and I thought "None" was correct because I was thinking of "0". :P Will fix it later.

I'll also check with knsys if I can enable the checker at least in the winners page, and maybe if there are only less than 25 winners or something.

7 years ago

no problem, the "None not" right next to each other sounded funny to me saying it out loud.

i'd prob only use it for 10 copies or less. if i did more copies then that then i'd either care enough to do actual investigation into each case individually anyways, or not care at all to even bother with rule checkers. but whatever you decide there even if it was just 1x (or still none for now) is fine with me. 1 being the most common GA setup overall for everyone. ^^

7 years ago

• v3.0.8 Removed a menu option for the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker feature.
7 years ago

• v3.0.9 Fixed a bug that didn't allow the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature to appear in the user's own profile page.
7 years ago

it appears now on users own profile page, but still doesn't allow list scan of sent or won games. it's as if the tickbox for "check only this user" is ticked even though that tickbox isn't there.

7 years ago

Fixed in v3.0.10.

7 years ago

links from pop up bout multIple wins leads to non activation :)

7 years ago

Actually that feature was disabled for lists because it was stressing the server. But thanks for letting me know. If it comes back, I'll make sure to change it. :)

7 years ago

I guess I am not updated than :) Will do after current check (no cancel button in currently used version ;])

7 years ago

I think you can remove the blue hearts from whitelist since every user is whitelisted in whitelist. :)

View attached image.
7 years ago

Done

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.