Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Mandatory description - bb. Rerolled to previous version. Ty.

6 years ago

"You're entering a giveaway from someone who is offering a game to the community for free. The least you can do is read what they have to say."

Most of the time it's not interesting and I'm not reading it anyway, simply clicking the popup away the moment it turns up.

If you want everyone to read the descriptions then maybe you should make the popup stay for 1 minute and make it impossible to close? /s

"Typical response from idiots. :)"

How do you think you comments make you look? I don't know you but from your words it makes you look like a jerk and if people ask me then I will show your comments. The other person isn't better but they don't have a script they want others to use.

6 years ago

I think I'll actually do this: if there are more than one link in the description, the previous link is the first and the next link is the second; else, there is no previous link and the next link is the first. Any idea if there could be trains where it wouldn't work?

6 years ago

Since a couple of updates ago, when using gridview and mousing over to hit the enter button, it now always makes a popup come up if it has a description. I realize there's a filter, but I just want to turn that feature off entirely and can't seem to find a toggle for it unless it is oddly named. Am I missing something?

6 years ago

Giveaway descriptions are now mandatory.

6 years ago

Multiple reasons, but it can all be summed up into "you are entering a giveaway from someone who is offering free games, the least you can do is read what they have to say". While the description being mandatory does not assure that the user will read it, it at least enforces it.

6 years ago

Yes, using * should hide them all - which would be a bad thing considering the mandatory behavior, but I've made giveaway descriptions optional again.

6 years ago

I just got annoyed by all the complaints, really. People were downgrading to older versions, blocking the popups with uBlock and using other exploits to prevent the descriptions from appearing, so what's the point?

I still find it completely disrespectful and can't understand how someone can't save a few seconds of their time to read a description of a giveaway that someone is offering to you for free, but if people will bypass it there's no point in making it mandatory.

6 years ago

Most descriptions are not very informative or really worth reading, though. Still, I'm glad you made the change.

6 years ago

I agree, but it doesn't hurt to read them. It takes me less than 2 seconds to glance at the description when entering to see if it has anything useful.

6 years ago

what does the button "Add Description To Filters" button do when I enter a giveaway using the Enter/Leave Giveaway Button?

6 years ago

Not show the same Description if it repeats.

6 years ago

Any way to view the descriptions I've filtered?

6 years ago

In the settings menu, under Enter/Leave Giveaway Button > Filter out useless descriptions.

6 years ago

What I mean is, I've already added giveaway descriptions to my ESGST filters. Is there a way to view the descriptions I manually added?

6 years ago

If you look at the description of the feature in the settings menu it already lets you know that, but it should work without a key and simply retrieve the wishlists in that case, I'll have to fix that.

6 years ago

Thanks. I think I understand now. I don't have that option enabled, so I guess that explains why I couldn't see what you're talking about. I also assume the "Add Description To Filters" button doesn't do anything if I don't have that option enabled.

6 years ago

Yep, if the option is not enabled the descriptions will not be filtered.

6 years ago

as far as i know i'm using only the release version, it was installed from the link in the description and updated only using firefox builtin updater

6 years ago

Not sure if related to the above, but immediately after syncing, ESGST wiped my hidden games (Single Filters) and game tags, and set the giveaway description popup filter to the default. Interestingly enough, it didn't wipe my settings from Multiple Filters or my list of decrypted giveaways, or the basic settings of which features are on and off.

Firefox 52.3.0 esr, Greasemonkey 3.14

6 years ago

I just tested and the reverse feature appears to be working completely as intended. Going to a discussion from the main discussions page loads the last page first and then the second to last page, third to last page, and so on. Going to a specific page from a discussion loads the next pages in descending order, page 3 to 2, 2 to 1, and so on.

The only issue you reported that I can confirm is that the reverse scrolling isn't triggered when visiting a discussion from the inbox page. This is not a bug, as you can see in the description of the feature:

When visiting a discussion from the main discussions page, the last page will automatically be loaded and shown.

It only works from the main discussions page. But that is something that I can easily change.

6 years ago

Wow, that was very confusing to me until I searched here for an answer.
I would recommend making the button "Add Description To Filters" show only if you have "Filter out useless descriptions" checked.

6 years ago

Extractor display bug:
Testing the extractor as overlay there's a problem with the dynamic window size which pushes the settings so close together that not every setting can be reached anymore. E.g. in the screenshot below, you can't click on the trading cards filter anymore.
I'd suggest either a fixed size (which might be a problem on small screens) or a rearrangement of things where the descriptions on the far right are right below the category filters instead; or completely replaced by a big round icon with a questionmark which on mouseover gives the legend information.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Ok, the latest dev version should cover everything. The only thing missing is an interface for selecting all/none/inverse tickets, but in the meantime that can be accomplished by using the Ctrl and Alt keys when clicking on a checkbox, as explained in the updated description of the feature (maybe an interface will not even be needed if the shortcut keys are more practical than having to click buttons).

And sorry, but can you send all the tickets you had already sent again? The new method makes it easier to analyze the tickets, and also easier for you to know which tickets you already sent, as that information is saved in the storage.

6 years ago

You can select all tickets in a page by clicking on a checkbox with the Ctrl key enabled (you might have missed this in the feature description). That way you can easily select all tickets in the page and click the button. So just 2 clicks. And you can use Endless Scrolling to load all support pages and select all tickets.

Adding a button that sends all applicable tickets might not be a good thing if someone wants to be selective about which tickets to send.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.