Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

• v3.4 Revamped Better Archive Search feature.
7 years ago

• v3.4.1 Fixed a bug that wasn't saving notes / tags.
7 years ago

• v3.5 Added Avatar Popout feature. Removed the block in individual checks for the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker feature.
7 years ago

i likey.. ^^ cple suggestions on it.

any chance it can get widened just enough so that all 10x level dots are in a row rather then it wrapping lvl 8, 9, & 10 on a 2nd line? (even if the whole popout needs to decrease to 90% zoom for room)

may want to consider not having the "not received finder" & "noact/multi checker" be able to function from a popout, because you can start a scan, then close that popout, and the scan/checker is still going in the background. i'm not 100% sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing though, just maybe something that could cause issues though.

edit: other alternative to widening for the level dots.. just drop the avatar on the left side. xD

7 years ago*

Yes, I was afraid people would find it too big, but I can increase the width.

Not Received Finder shouldn't work outside of user page anyway, removed. Will see if I can cancel the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker if the popout is closed, but I don't really think it's that big a deal (don't think someone would bother opening a list and clicking each avatar, or even fast enough to stress the SGTools servers).

7 years ago

yeah i agree, the sgtools checker doesn't seem to cause any kind of issues. i agree it maybe to large if widened, but if widened and shrunk to 90% it probably would end up around the same size and still very readable. or just drop the avatar that was just clicked for the popup anyways. whatever's easier there, but i think it would look better without the two rows of level dots.

3.5.2 has 0-9 on the same row, but lvl10 is still a 2nd row ;)

7 years ago

What about now?

7 years ago

beautiful now ^^
thanks a bunch!

7 years ago

By the way, I tested it on the dark theme, and it's popping out way to the left of the avatar instead of on top of it. Is that also happening to you?

7 years ago

depends which avatar i click, avatars on the left hand side like these in this discussion seem to popup right on top. but i'f i'm in the discussion board where all the avatars are on the right side, it pops up almost in the center of the browser instead.

those in the discussion board though don't have room to popup right on top without mis-aligning the browser making me want to scroll right.. so as far as i can tell it's working as intended.

7 years ago

Yeah, the ones on the right or bottom should pop up to the left / top. Maybe my version of the theme isn't up to date.

7 years ago

ohh. okay. after disabling the theme and taking a look at how it is without then comparing i see what you mean. yeah they don't popout the same places at all really..

lefthand avatars with theme pop's out with the center of the popout dead over where the avatar was instead of rolling out with the a corner being where the avatar rests behind.

righthand avatars with theme pop's out practically dead center of the browser instead of anywhere near the avatar at all. (again when it's supposed to be with a corner being where the avatar rests behind)

neither really bother me that much though, still works for me. ^^

7 years ago

been trying a while to upload images... lol
Imgur is over capacity! zzzzzz

https://ibb.co/ekhK5a & https://ibb.co/j80Tyv

7 years ago

Yeah, same happens here, I'll take a look at this.

7 years ago

sounds good, but it still functions just fine regardless where it pops up. so if too much trouble i personally don't care. ^^

7 years ago

i did find one place it's just a bit too far off though (with dark theme). the /giveaways & /giveaway pages avatars popout above the person above them and if you select one of the top few, you actually have to scroll up to even see it.

ohhh.. just though to check and.. same for the /winners being a bit too high up

the discussion & discussions are at least relatively inline with the users avatar, so no need to worry about those imo.

edit: added /giveaway (discussion of an actual giveaway)
sorry, i didn't think to check all those pages.. the discussions is where i was earlier so thats really only place i checked before.

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Yeah, that dark theme seems to have a mind of its own when positioning elements. :P It also doesn't fix elements that are set to have position fixed. I'll see if I can fix it on my side.

7 years ago

sounds great, thanks again. xD

7 years ago

• v3.5.1 Removed Not Received Finder from the Avatar Popout feature.
7 years ago

• v3.5.2 Increased the width of the Avatar Popout box.
7 years ago

• v3.5.3 Squeezed the columns a bit in the Avatar Popout to remove unnecessary white space and reduce the width.
7 years ago

Something doesn't seem right with "Check Non Activates /Multiple Wins".

I asked it for someone and the result was "No not activated or multiple wins were found.", however the user has three different games with multiple wins, one of them that he won three times.

Edit: Oh, it seems that it's not going to SGTools but to some internal db, since the normal "Retrieving xxxxx's SGTools pages..." doesn't show up.
When the feature was 1st implemented it returned everyone in my BL as no rule breakers in regards to non activated/multiple wins, which can't be since that is one of the very few reasons why someone would be on my BL to begin with. So now it's returning the result that gave back then instead of checking again.

7 years ago*

Yeah, the results are cached for 1 week, so it should be working again after 1 week since the last time you checked, but if you want to manually force a cache to be updated, add this at the end of line 2400 (in v3.5.3):

delete User.NAMWC;

Make sure to remove it after you re-check the user(s) you want to check.

7 years ago

Adding that line makes it check again for that user, but is there a way to delete the cache for all of them? Or I will have to re-check everyone in my BL, not many users but still... T_T

Edit: If not, that's ok. I can wait one week to re-tag my BL. ^.^

7 years ago*

Yes, there is, add this at the end of line 3396:

var I = rhSGST.Users.length - 1;
while (I >= 0) {
    delete rhSGST.Users[I].NAMWC;
    --I;
}
GM_setValue("rhSGST", rhSGST);

Then just load any page and it should be done. And make sure to remove it afterwards as well.

I should probably add an option to clear caches to the settings menu.

7 years ago

Worked!

Thank you so much ❤

7 years ago

• v3.5.4 All Whitelist / Blacklist Checker and Not Received Finder requests are now automatically moderated, meaning: you can now perform checks in multiple tabs again and you will no longer be blocked from doing checks. But you are still limited to 2 requests per second: if you open tabs A, B, and C, and start a check in each of them, the first tab to get a hold of a request slot will start requesting, and then the other tabs will wait. When this is happening, you will see the message "Waiting for a free request slot...". Fixed some bugs.
7 years ago

Also: a timeout of 5 seconds has been added to the checker requests, so performing checks in a lot of tabs will increase your chances of getting a connection timed out error, which will stop the current check.

This means: please try not to perform checks in multiple tabs. Or at least more than 2. The automatic moderation of the requests was only added to prevent people from getting the blocked message.

7 years ago

• v3.5.5 Increased the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker and Not Received Finder timeouts to 10 seconds and added automatic request moderation to the Not Activated / Multiple Wins Checker feature for lists with a 5 minutes timeout, since requests to SGTools can be slow. All checker results are now saved across multiple tabs.
7 years ago

Great script !

Is there an option disabling this : http://i.imgur.com/XiONycd.png

Because I loose the comment editor helper. (natively, or from Extended SG, I don't know)

7 years ago

Option "Hide main comment box." in the settings menu.

7 years ago

Thanks !
I wasn't sure about this option ! So it is for the box popup :-)

7 years ago

I have implemented my own comment formatting helper, so if you want to use it, you can re-enable that option and it will show up in that box as well (it's not native). :)

7 years ago

i know you are aware there are issues with discussion edits detector, and i never was one to be added to that list... except.. i was always in linux + chrome.. tests in windows + chrome are different.
https://imgur.com/a/5tlhk -- Windows + Chrome

with linux i never really run into that. idk if that can somehow narrow it down for ya.

7 years ago

It only happens on the main comment box? Do you get failed when you try to reply?

7 years ago

replying fails too with the feature on.

but only in discussions, i have no issues replying or adding a fresh comment to a GA discussion (with that feature). just actual discussions. (which is a hair harder to test without a reason to post)

7 years ago

What do you get by adding console.log(Data, URL, Response); to the end of line 2862? Hide the xsrf_token, it shouldn't be made public.

7 years ago

not getting anything in the console with that.

2862:

POST(Data, URL, function(Response) { console.log(Data, URL, Response);
7 years ago

When trying to reply?

7 years ago

okay, now that was hard.. i had to animated gif screen record so i could slow it down to 1frame per second and grab 1 of the only 2 frames that had the info.. lol ^^

it refreshed and wouldn't keep that info.

View attached image.
7 years ago

There's an option "preserve log" on Chrome that allows you to save the log when reloading. I wonder if maybe it's the "/search?page=11" at the end that's causing this issue because everything looks normal. Does it happen if you try to post from the first page of a discussion?

7 years ago

i thought i tried that, but i probably refreshed the page after i enabled the preserve. oh well.

still happens from page1 too, also tested on a topic that only had one page and failed.

7 years ago

Don't know how it could be interfering, but try removing this part: "&trade_code=" + TradeCode + from line 2861?

7 years ago

still fails with that part removed.

Windows:

do=comment_new&xsrf_token=REDACTED&parent_id=48771230&description=test https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/TDyzv/userscript-rhsgst-v35-new-feature-avatar-popout/search?page=11 Function {readyState: 4, responseHeaders: "Pragma: no-cache
↵Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 12:52:56 …p-alive
↵Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
↵", finalUrl: "https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/TDyzv/usersc…sgst-v35-new-feature-avatar-popout/search?page=11", status: 200, statusText: "OK"}

1981 expire??

Linux:

do=comment_new&xsrf_token=REDACTED&trade_code=&parent_id=&description=Key%20Drop%0A%0AGame%20%7C%20Key%20%7C%20%3F%3F%20%3D%20%0A%3A-%20%7C%20%3A-%20%7C%20%3A-%0A**%5BVapour%5D(http%3A%2F%2Fstore.steampowered.com%2Fapp%2F345440%2F)**%20%7C%20QEDF%3F-EFBMA-5%3FGIR%20%7C%201234567x90 https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/GldJf/orphan-keys-drop-thread/search?page=71 Function {readyState: 4, responseHeaders: "Pragma: no-cache
↵Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 13:16:49 …h: 4982
↵Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
↵", finalUrl: "https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/GldJf/orphan-keys-drop-thread/search?page=71#P4zjtfd", status: 200, statusText: "OK"}

i'm not seeing a difference, but posted both in case you do. Linux posts & Windows just doesn't.

7 years ago*

went thru and tested with one script off at a time and all scripts off except this one, doesn't appear to be a conflict..
(the deleted was with the feature off on accident)

7 years ago*

If you go to the source code of the page and find <input type="hidden" name="xsrf_token" value="???" />, the value is the same, right?

7 years ago

sounds like we maybe getting somewhere..

no the value does not match up in windows
yes the value does match up in linux

xD

7 years ago

There you go. Is it a completely different value or is it missing a number?

7 years ago

completely different.

the linux side's working value starts out 3a3d, as well as windows sides logs.. but the source in windows starts out with f408 whereas the source in linux matched.

7 years ago

I see. I thought it was tied to the user. Fixed.

7 years ago

probably something that's tied to them per login cookie or something closer to that.. glad it still helped resolve the issue though.. ^^

7 years ago

Thanks for the help. ^^

7 years ago

anytime. xD

7 years ago

• v3.5.6 Fixed the bug that was preventing some people from making comments.
7 years ago

thank you (test)

YAY!!! =)

7 years ago

• v3.5.6.1 Fixed a bug that still prevented users from making replies with the Better Replies feature.
7 years ago

• v3.5.6.2 Actually now fixed the previous bug.
7 years ago

:P

7 years ago

• v3.6 Added Comment Formatting Helper feature.
  • v3.6.1 Fixed a bug with comments from my main comment box (the one you get by clicking on the comment icon in discussions) not posting, and fixed a bug where the Comment Formatting Helper panel would appear when the feature is disabled.
  • v3.6.2 Actually now fixed the bug with comments from my main comment box (the one you get by clicking on the comment icon in discussions) not posting.
7 years ago

any chance you can get it to just auto detect pasting image or url links and format it appropriately without even using the button?
it's a feature i had/have (can't decide yet) from Bladito's comment formatting script that i'm so used to i doub't i can live without xD

if jpg, gif, png, etc add the ! then blank [] then url ()... if htm, html, /, etc add blank[] then the url ()

7 years ago

Added! Only included most popular image formats. Let me know if you want me to include more.

View attached image.
7 years ago

thank you very much! =)
i feel like i've been deleting one other userscript per day for almost a week now. ^^

View attached image.
7 years ago

Yeah, I remember you had 20 or something. :P

7 years ago

The Comment Formatting Helper is fantastic! Thank you!

7 years ago

You're welcome!

7 years ago

Unfortunately I had to disable it because it also modifies URL that I paste in the text box. I frequently use macros with templates that include placeholders for URLs, and this new chance was making things more difficult. Any chance to add an option to disable URL auto-formatting?

Thanks!

7 years ago

I can add that option, yes. I'm currently working on a major update, so I don't want to push any updates at the moment though, unless it's a bug fix. You can disable auto-formatting manually by removing this part of the code until then:

TextArea.addEventListener("paste", function(Event) {
    var Value;
    Value = Event.clipboardData.getData("text/plain");
    if (Value.match(/^https?:/)) {
        Event.preventDefault();
        wrapCFHLinkImage("", Value, Value.match(/\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|bmp|png)/) ? true : false);
    }
});
7 years ago

instead of a full blown disable in the options can it be a formatting button (enable/disable url pasting) right then and there? cause i too find it useful to be on and off at certain times.

when on the button is highlighted somehow, when off its the standard button type. something like that. (or just a tickbox to enable/disable but no need to save settings back n' forth in menus)

edit: i think the tickbox might be a better suggestion really.. while ticked anything pasted is formatted automatically, while unticked anything pasted is left alone. but a way easier way to enable/disable on the fly rather then going to the setting menu to change that.. cause 90% of the time i want it on, but 10% of the time it would be nice to just untick, paste, re-tick.. xD

7 years ago*

+1

7 years ago

Sounds good, I'll add it with the major update I'm working on. xD

7 years ago

sounds great, looking forward to the update (not just for that) ^^

7 years ago

Thank you! I just made this change and it works well :-)

7 years ago

You can now toggle this option through the panel. :)

7 years ago

Thank you! :-)

7 years ago

WOW a lot of changes for the better. Thanks :)

7 years ago

You're welcome! :)

7 years ago

• v3.6.3 Fixed a bug that showed other elements on top of the panel in the Comment Formatting Helper feature.
7 years ago

• v3.6.3.1 Extended the previous fix to the table / link / image boxes.
7 years ago

• v3.6.4 Added automatic formatting of pasted links / images.
  • v3.6.4.1 Fixed a bug in the automatic formatting that prevented any pastes at all.
7 years ago

• v3.6.5 Added an option to revert changes to the Comment Formatting Helper, since you can't revert changes made by the helper with the usual Ctrl + Z.
7 years ago

• v3.6.6 Removed Endless Scrolling Support feature. Sorry for those who were using it with other scripts, but I stopped updating this feature when Endless Scrolling was added and it could have become unstable, causing lags.
7 years ago

small bug report

while running a scan inside one tab (specifically wl/bl list scan), if you are in the scripts settings menu on another tab and make a change and save the settings changes. it doesn't actually save/change. i had to wait until the scan was complete in order to re-enable better replies at least (unsure on other settings saving or not).

i almost typed up a report saying i just couldn't re-enable better replies till i realized it might have something to do with the scan.. waited and discovered it was related. xD

edit1:
also.. additional feature update request ;)

please enable the comment formatting toolset on edits as well. xD

edit2:
odd, it wasn't working the first two times i edited it.. but does now. nvm.

edit3:
lol, okay, i figured this one out.. if the page hasn't been refreshed since a edit or comment was made editing will not have the toolset, but if there hasn't been any edits, comments, or if you refresh the editing will have the toolset.

7 years ago*

another cple bugs with the new comment formatting feature that i wanted (sorry), that's caused me to temporarily change-back.

• it needs to detect if what is in your clipboard being pasted is already formatted or not. going thru and copying and pasting large table entries (editing the dig thread to add new games), caused them to double format the already existing formatting with another.

example table row:

[](**[Mortifero Motus](http://store.steampowered.com/app/581470/)** | 83% of 93 Reviews | [❤](http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-581470) | 0 | $0.99 | [Buy Key(s)](http://www.dailyindiegame.com/account_buy_734.html))
  • pasting regular non-image links that goto anywhere(?) steamgifts.com seems to add the ! as if it's an image.

here are a few paste examples:

![](https://www.steamgifts.com/discussions)
[](http://www.dailyindiegame.com/account_digstore.html)
[](https://www.steamtrades.com/)
[](https://www.steamtrades.com/vote)
![](https://www.steamgifts.com/support/tickets)
![](https://www.steamgifts.com/account/profile/sync)
![](https://www.steamgifts.com/messages)
[](https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mortal-kombat-xl)
7 years ago

Both are fixed.

7 years ago

Thank You! =)

7 years ago

I can't reproduce this. It's appearing in every edit for me. :S

7 years ago

nor could i just then. it relies on you making a fresh comment or reply, then immediately trying to edit it without refreshing the page. but i can't seem to trigger that anymore. -- it's not that significant anyways, if it occurs again just refreshing the page then editing will fix.

7 years ago

i remb now how it was able to replicate it before now. it's editing an edit without a refresh.. not just editing or creating.

https://imgur.com/a/5vMnX (idk it's size so, didn't want to image attach it)

7 years ago

Ah yeah, after editing the comment box gets replaced. I'll have to intercept SG's edit button.

7 years ago

• v3.6.7 Fixed a bug that formatted already formatted links and detected SteamGifts links as image links in the Comment Formatting Helper feature.
7 years ago

One script to rule them all!
Bump.

7 years ago

Thanks!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

7 years ago

All your notes have disappeared or are they disappearing when you save and go to another user like that other time? And are you performing checks in other tabs while you're saving them?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

So your old notes are still there, right? Good. Are you opening the tab with the other user after the current tab is already open? Currently there's a bug that if you have a lot of tabs open, the most recent tab will overwrite all the others. I already fixed the bug that did that for checker results, but for notes and tags it's a bit more complicated. I'm currently working on fixing this, but until then make sure to only open another tab after saving the notes in the current tab, or reload the other tab before adding the notes.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.