There's a group buy for the game Eco, using the "Classroom" offer on the developer's website. Each copy would cost $5.00 (retail price is $29.99, game has never been on sale).

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Eco 73% of 1,037 reviews - 0 $29.99

Chart created with Lex's SG Chart Maker

But it's "For schools only"!!!

For those that have worries, I've received a response from the developer saying they can make special considerations so I'm just waiting for hear back further from another developer in charge of that specific bundle. As for Steam keys, you'll be given an invite code to register on the website, you then just link to Steam to receive your key. :)

I told you it was "For schools only"!!!

I've literally just got an e-mail from the developer where he's changed his mind. Refunding the people that have already paid. Sorry folks, I'm not happy about the time wasted either. :(
I've e-mailed him back saying I had the money ready to pay and I'll update you guys on it if anything changes but for now. It's not happening.

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

• For schools only. ☚ī¸
6 years ago

I'm still young at heart.

From the group buy discussion:

For those that have worries, I've received a response from the developer saying they can make special considerations so I'm just waiting for hear back further from another developer in charge of that specific bundle. As for Steam keys, you'll be given an invite code to register on the website, you then just link to Steam to receive your key. :)

6 years ago

I put +1 on Group Buy, but I want to be 100% sure that it will be Steam key, because so far what I read from the forums no one actually bought that package for schools. Schools digital copy is most likely NOT a Steam key, but a straight link to download the game from their website. If you check the price differences the cheapest one for four copies (that are Steam keys for sure) is still 25USD/copy.

And if you read the info on the packages it says "Four copies of Eco (includes beta and final release)." on expensive ones and "A digital copy of the game for every student and teacher in a classroom of your choice (up to 100 keys)." Sounds like two different types of keys to me. I'd feel more relieved if he actually asked the developers about it.

I don't see a reason why a teacher would actually want 100 Steam keys for his/her pupils. In the end, the school pays for the class. And spending 500$ on a class each semester is somewhat a waste of money.

Will see, will see.

Edit:
I just noticed they have "Funded For Education" badge from department of education. Soo now I'm pretty positive that this is really school limited offer that might get revoked if they'll find out we're bunch of old dudes playing on Steam. 😂

6 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago

that might get revoked if they'll find out we're bunch of old dudes playing on Steam

damn i feel old... 33 yo dudes try to manage how to bought "Funded For Education"

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

See above.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

No need to apologize, you ninja'd me when I was posting the explanation :)

6 years ago

Thanks for posting!! Signed up 🤘

6 years ago

Wishlisted the game and signed up, thanks for sharing :)

6 years ago*

Wishlist game! I signed up. Thanks for the heads up, devotee!

6 years ago

Great Share! Appreciate. WL.

Actually unless they consider CS50 from EDX is a school but also must consider the group buy guys who selling that have some decent site to teach "Computer Science", so it is legitimate like a part time introduction professional training (like CS50 from EDX)

6 years ago

I need to study how to rule the world.

6 years ago

I'll be in for a copy if we get enough people.

I technically even work for a school... sorta.

6 years ago

Whoops! Derped and missed the group buy link, posted there as well. Thank you!

I'd be in for two copies of this. It's a wishlist game for my sister and I.

6 years ago

14 spots left.

6 years ago

CANCELLED/REFUNDS ISSUED DO NOT SEND CASH. THIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO DEVELOPER'S DECISION

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

So sad it was cancelled, this game has been on my wishlist for a long time. :(

6 years ago

eh I was sad that I missed it, especially after seeing people (traders) who reserved 8 copies !?!
But I see it is cancelled due to developer's decision...

6 years ago

I have the feeling that might have been one of the reasons for the developer to change his mind, I don't see why someone would want to buy 8 copies unless it was for making profit (preventing other people to join the group buy to get one copy for personal use).

6 years ago

Should have restricted it to 1 per person, still can.

6 years ago

Yeah probably he had the link to the groupbuy (or found it himself), I'd change my mind too if I saw 3 people alone getting 20% of the 100 keys.
I thought there were clear rules about getting no more than one copy in groupbuys unless the groupbuy is filled and there's no one else asking for copies:

No claiming multiple copies of the same game. Other people want that game too. If you want 2+ copies of the same game, give hosting a try.

6 years ago

Yes but what typically happens with group buys is not enough demand, so what people do is allow people to reserve multiple copies, but if they run out then your reservations are given to other buyers.

This way the host doesn't have 5 or more bundles sitting around and they lose money.

6 years ago

I ordered 3 copies but none of them were for trading. =(

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Yup, me and my 2 teenagers wanted to play together. Ah well.

6 years ago

I think 2,3,4 copies for friends/family still normal, i think host/seller won't bother with that ;)
but 8 ? Kinda obvious :D
in this 8 copies guy case, i read that he will only buy 4 if it's not steam key

6 years ago

When I become rich (so like next week hopefully when this Nigerian Prince I've been sending money to transfers his bank account to Canada...) I will probably purchase the Developer edition, I'd be interested into playing around in the code and adding features.

6 years ago

fuck those ppl who bought multiple copies just to sell them

6 years ago

Wow... so sad...

That's ok... thanks for trying.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.