The Steam Awards is officially as serious as the MTV Movie Awards.
And has apparently the same demographic among the voters. =D

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

GOTY award went to %49 positive rating game xD

5 years ago

Not that reviews are any indication of quality on Steam anymore either

5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

GOTY is a joke

5 years ago

People just pick the game they play the most and PUBG is currently the second most played game on Steam. If Fortnite was on Steam, it probably would have won.

5 years ago

what a joke. always the games that are controversial and in no way deserving it win this. quantity over quality here.

5 years ago

Game of the Year
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Regardless of the reasons for it, when a game with < 50% Positive reviews is the GOTY, it has some implications to it.

5 years ago*

Riight, was hoping for something more interesting than this.
And PUBG as goty? What a joke.

5 years ago

Labor of Love

GTA5

View attached image.
5 years ago

Beat me to it.

5 years ago

Rockstar do quite love the labor required to get anything in GTA Online, it makes them a lot of money ;)
It only got votes because of people who played Red Dead 2, game wasnt even as much a labor of love as much the devs being overworked without overtime pay.

It getting voted over Stardew Valley, made by a single person with a passion, was the real crime here.

5 years ago

What Rockstar loves are Shark Cards imho :) not the game itself :)
I was expecting Path of Exile or Stardew valley to win but I guess it was nothing more than just another popularity contest :)

5 years ago

+1 for PoE :)
but yeah when you see the winners is just trash normal basic votes . Where is the good taste ?

5 years ago

It only lasted 20 mins. They are so fucking lazy to even organize proper ceremony event with all the money they've got from microtransactions.

5 years ago

Not surprised PUBG won but still disappointed, not that any of the awards actually matter but.. :p

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

My thanks to staff who let me post this and take precious internet points :P

Negative: I really hate that pubg won goty. I voted for MonHun and i was really hoping it could be a year that big companies lean to open RPG's. But no, they still want to play safe with casual open arenas.

Positive: I love that CD Projekt Red and The Witcher 3 is still winning. I haven't play Thronebreaker yet but played every other Witcher title. After my disappointment of Blizzard and Bethesda in the last year, CDPR is only one. I really really hope they won't sell out.

5 years ago*

none of the ones i voted for won, which makes sense because i don't usually like what other people like

5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

Hatred will always be my GOTY

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

+9,000

5 years ago

Good job for CD Projekt Red

5 years ago

The only well (super well) deserved award is for Best Developer, most of the other looks like a big fck joke, and a WFT???
PUGB GOTY jajajajajajajajajajajjajajaja i imagine the kidoz trying to understand why was not Fornite between the game they can choose lol, and finally choosing PUAJBG by default.

5 years ago*

An horrible joke as always...

5 years ago

wnt to see haw many people really voted for each game.

5 years ago

how the fuck bethesda ever made it into best developer section shows how much of a joke and how biased these 'awards' are.

5 years ago

Them and ubisoft, were probably voted on for the memes

5 years ago

Well I guess its me who have a fault, since most people nominated these in the first place.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

CDPR and Witcher 3 won, that's all that matters :3

5 years ago

The Steam Awards is just a popularity contest voted mostly by the uninformed/bandwagoning masses. But as long as it doesn't involve curation by Steam, they'll gladly roll it year after year.

5 years ago

PUBG as GOTY :) a moment of silence :)

5 years ago

HoI4 not winning the Alternate History award is a travesty, a travesty I tell you!

5 years ago

As always Steam Awards are good for 2 things;
Vote badges, and cards.
That's it.

5 years ago

This is what happens when you essentially force people to vote. People just vote for what comes to their mind and the most popular game will win.

I don't agree with most of these. And with ones I like, I think the choices are still stupid. CD Projekt Red is kind of silly as best developer because they only released Thronebreaker. A game that most people who actually like CD Projekt Red never actually played. A game that many don't even know about and a game that wasn't extremely well regarded. It was well received, but not amazingly regarded.

My point being here that this is a circlejerk. If people think these are real achievements or they think that this matters in any way, then I highly would disagree. But whatever. It is what it is.

5 years ago

A fucking joke. This just shows 2018 was the worst year.

5 years ago

Closed 7 months ago by Radicalutopian.