Vote now and receive your copy of Spec Ops: The Line, Sid Meier's Pirates! and a mystery pack brought to you by green man gaming.
Edit: Apperently its not actually free but instead for only £1/$1/€1 for all of them.
http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

So how do we get the games? I submit and just got a "Thanks for voting". What now?

7 years ago

Same here...

7 years ago

Read the GMG Page, it clearly says that you'll be contacted in the upcoming weeks.

7 years ago

Ok, thanks :)

7 years ago

On october they send us further intruction on how claim our rewards.

7 years ago

I cannot tick the Term and Conditions box. Chrome show time out forever.

7 years ago

I had to disable adblockers... but woooh, so many trackers there (100+) ! even slowing my computers...
stopped the vote. Games are presented in a biased alphabetical order anyway...

7 years ago

Site is for me sooo overload, can't do anything :(

7 years ago

I already have spec ops, I don't want Pirates, and I definitely don't want a mystery shitty game, so saving 1€ for Christmas :D

7 years ago

Wow, at some point their site almost crashed my browser.

7 years ago

I voted but didn't get anything.

Nevermind, say the comment above.

7 years ago

Question for the users who paid and voted.
What was the mystery game u got ?

7 years ago

No one can say, is in october when we get the email on how get the reward for voting.

The last packs i buy from GMG contained some of this games
PID
Rabbit Hole 3D
Rooms: The Main Building
Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That!
A Valley Without Wind
Rush Bros
Tidalis
Battlepaths
Clickr
Ocean City Racing
Orboron

7 years ago*

that is probably a mystery box that is generally sold 0.20 EUR.

7 years ago

The nomination sucks!
I hope the give us keys instead of a "valid cupon" for GMG, or at least will be cool if they explain it clearly. Still is not a big deal casting a vote and get whatever the give us for free.

7 years ago

Who the hell came up with those categories ...

Nominations i mean .

Like solid half of those made no sense ...

7 years ago*

I wonder how many people actually vote and dont just random rush through it

7 years ago

I mean you can skip voting on stuff , so i did that ... voted only on like 3 or 4 ...

7 years ago

A good few categories don't seem "noteworthy", but which make no sense at all?
Of course, say, voting Civilization 6 as an unreleased game as PC game of the year makes little sense.

7 years ago

i wasent expecting the game immediately, but i didn't even get a Thanks for Voting :( should i be worried? :P

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure there was a screen that came up after you submitted that confirmed your votes were received. How could you miss that?

7 years ago

Civ 6 already nominated for GOTY. That's... interesting.

7 years ago

Last three years the games you got as a reward were better.

7 years ago

i voted/submited my datas, but weren't asked to buy anything. And didn't see where they say I will need to pay anything. Just that I can share and wait for october/november.

7 years ago

Yeah, nothing is going to happen right now. We'll see what happens in October.

7 years ago

Hm, the E-mail I got (from "MyFavouriteMagazines.co.uk", not from GMG) says nothing about $1/€1/Pot$1 or anything like that. I quote it:

"Vote now and receive your copy of Spec Ops: The Line, Sid Meier's Pirates! and a mystery pack brought to you by green man gaming."

7 years ago

They're not sending anything out or taking any money now. Wait until you're notified in October and then we'll know for sure.

7 years ago

What even are these nominations...

I pretty much insta-voted Witcher 3, and Overwatch.

7 years ago*

:sigh:

The joystick awards are as bullshit-y and batshit random an arrangement of voting options as always. If the freebies are no longer free and compelling, the real attraction of Golden Joysticks has ended- seeing as the awards themselves matter for jack, given the lack of freedom or sensibility over voting that they allow the voters.

Well, good of you to post this anyway.. :X

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Uh... yeah. Same here.

7 years ago

Mee, meee, meee! |o_

And like u i run over here to find answers!

And like me u find some one with no answers, just asks.

And we're sad now.

7 years ago

same

I really hope this wont be yet another case of them not being able to deliver the voucher but instead we get this

7 years ago

Yeah seems like that nightmare all over again.

7 years ago

yes have Email too, but no Games. So Sad :(

7 years ago

we will get a voucher more than likely

7 years ago

yes but where is it ? Saw that Email and thought oooh yeah finaly and then....nothing

7 years ago

thats a question I sadly cannot answer myself either and im certainly getting worried

7 years ago

yap worried too. let's see maybe it comes later.

7 years ago

Same.

7 years ago

finally got confirmation e-mail

Your votes have been counted, it's only a few weeks before we find out the winners of this years Golden Joysticks.

View attached image.
7 years ago

yes have it too. hope we get the Games too :)

7 years ago

So it was a shity voucher after all eh...

7 years ago

but what about the discount coupons we were intiially promised?

7 years ago

we''ll have to wait and see - last year we were promised a game, yet 90% of us didn't receive it in the end with just an excuse "we ran out of keys". So the fact they promised something doesn't mean you will get it ;)

7 years ago

Sadly THIS .... was it Dark Souls last year that they ware offering ?

7 years ago

except that this time its not actually free stuff they are offering but merely a discount voucher for an already bundled game, an ancient as heck (not saying its bad but you get the idea) game as well as one of those mystery disappointment shovelware thingy

Im doubtful people would cllimb on each other to get those.

7 years ago

considering the fact that every time they made a discount on mysterious bundles they ran out of keys and pretty fast - even with addition of limits like 1 purchase per account - I guess quite a few people may have been intrested in 1$ for 2 games and a mysterious pack (ofc depends on what they mean by "pack" - will it be 5-pack or 1 key and they called it "pack" by mistake).

Anyway, we'll wait and see, any discussion right now is kinda pointless.

7 years ago

Booo everything is rigged and rubbish, smash the state etc.

7 years ago

Would you please care to elaborate ? I can't remember which one of my mails I used this time so I don't know yet how they fucked us over this time.

7 years ago

It was more ironic, but awards like this are always going to focus on a few big games and studios (Overwatch being basically in every category) and give nominations to multiplayer games where the online was terrible and janky for ages like Street Fighter 5, or have bizzare awards like best Gaming Moment or Platform as 'console' is now outdated, best innovation being a mix of VR that's not got any real experiences and pokemon go, a voting period starting several years ago and featuring games that have been out for years but not 'out' officially, or conversely not out yet Civ 6 (and not 'officially' released ARK). And handheld games are still different from mobile games.
Just off the top of my head.

7 years ago

Oh yea I'm aware the awards themself are complete Bullshit. Beside most of the candidates being really weird picks (not released yet and so on) they have a category called "Competetive Play of the Year" ... :D I guess they do have to try to appeal to all those little kids who think they are gonna become the next Bam Bam Jamalam Jr. in Dota or CSGO but to me it's just pathetic...

I thought you were referring to the rewards... I really don't trust those guys after they scammed everybody for their email adresses last year without sending out the rewards (except to South America who is not supposed to be able to participate in this election anyway because it's hosted by an european Video game magazine).

7 years ago*

I missed that last year, did people actually get anything in the end? Looking it up I'm guessing they pulled the same stint as this year by having dubious messaging about whether people got the game or a voucher to buy it for a pound/dollar/euro.

7 years ago

People from South America (and the US) used VPN to be able to participate. In the end weirdly pretty much everybody who actually received a key was from South America. Judging by the comments I would say roughly 4 out of 5 people didn't receive their key last year because of "unprecedented demand". Everyone else got some voucher for a digital copy of their magazine.

But I think last years Dark Souls was completly free so if it hopefully costs 1$ like BioShock Infinite 2 years ago the people this promotion is ment for might get a key this time.

7 years ago*

Dark Souls wasn't a Joysticks event award. It was a special giveaway at the start of this year (The Golden Joysticks event is always in Autumn) for members of the site's European users, which they contacted through email. Those emails were leaked, and the mini-event was overwhelmingly exploited. Rather than simply take charge of the fact and redo the event, the impression was that Joysticks ended up giving keys primarily to exploiters, leading to a lot of frustration.

Bioshock Infinite was only 1 year ago, not two- and as with anything involving Playfire, your refund was done through GMG credit. Some people apparently and unsurprisingly didn't even get that, because Playfire is notoriously buggy, and their staff doesn't care [to the point that some people have insisted they deliberately sabotage refunds and paying of awards].

Personally, while Bioshock was worth the hassle and risk of losing $1 entirely, seeing as this event has games that were cheaper in game-to-tier cost in previous bundles, I certainly wouldn't want to go through that potential stress for so little.

7 years ago

Right. I was wondering why one of the Golden Joystick threads is just 6 month old but too lazy to look closer into it.

Yea, that GMG credit thing with BioShock through Playfire didn't work for me neither so this time I didn't try but Infinite is such a nice game I didn't really mind. I also would have liked a single, newer game better but it was still an OK-ish deal for me.
Mystery pack was pretty much what I expected with Club Manager 2015 but at least it wasn't some free or heavily bundled game and 2 nice, older games for GAs.

7 years ago

so this time I didn't try but Infinite is such a nice game I didn't really mind.

Yeah. I lucked out and actually got the credit, but I went into it expecting not to get it- as you say, $1 for Bioshock Infinite is still a fantastic deal, so there wasn't really any risk in that last promotion.

7 years ago

Im gonna ask around on their facebook page/gmg forum if anyone knows something about this.

7 years ago

So, i open the vote again..
Still take 1,5GB memory in my browser :(

7 years ago

This is the answer I got:

As stated in the blog post regarding the Golden Joysticks promotion:

Quote:

You should hear from the Joysticks team in the next couple of weeks with step by step instructions.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/vote-in-the-golden-joysticks-and-claim-3-games-for-11e1/

so it may take up w a couple of weeks before the promo codes start going out and according to the most recent tweet regarding the situation:

Quote:

(...) the games aren't going out just yet! You will get an email soon though. Just hang in there. :)

https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/781774159093325824

so they haven't started going out just yet. Once they do I believe there will likely be a separate announcement and a separate e-mail with more details regarding those promo codes.

As for that GameMaster offer as far as I can tell it's something separate from and not related to the GMG Golden Joysticks promo from the original e-mail.

Either way, should any further updates on the situation appear I'll do my best to repost them in this thread.
"

So there may be some hope

7 years ago

Thanks for this Update. Good to know :)

7 years ago

Question. Is the mystery game different for everyone?

7 years ago

I believe it's equivalent to the Greenman Gaming standard mystery game deal, which draws from a pool of games. It's currently available from their site for 18 cents: Mystery Pack I

They initially seemed to have a relatively high number of COD: Black Ops keys in the mix (I got the original one, though some people scored BO2 and even BO3). Later reddit comments made it seem like the ratio of satisfied to unsatisfied buyers was much higher than on the initial giveaway.

I'd purchased a total of five games this way over several months, getting the following (oldest to most recent):

• Black Ops 1
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Survive in Space
  • Time Gentlemen, Please and Ben There, Dan That
  • Corporate Lifestyles Simulator

Here are two Reddit threads with people posting their results:

I plan on taking advantage of the $1 deal, as I may give away Spec Ops: the Line and make someone happy (well, "happy" and Spec Ops don't really go together....also, I expect we'll see a lot of SO:tL giveaways following this deal - I may hold off so someone not online now gets a chance to win it later). I can keep Pirates! for myself and take a chance on the mystery game. The worst case would be you get something that had been given away and don't want for yourself. In that case, you can still drop it off at the Orphan thread.

7 years ago

Ahh interesting. Thanks for the info!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.