I current have a GTX 760 2GB and hoping to upgrade. The bloody 1080 is still out of my range, so I was looking towards the 1660 ti 6GB. It's pretty much at the line of what I can afford to get. Anybody have any feedback about the 1660 ti, the stats seem to make it seem decent enough especially compared to what I have now. My 760 does good as well framerate wise for what I'm playing, but damn that 2GB holding me back from upping the textures and other quality options to anything better than Medium. So after working a month straight preparing for all this Distance Learning crap, I'm using some of that overtime as a reward :)

My 760 is a MSI model so that's the 1660 ti I'm also looking into, the one they labeled Gaming X. And right now I'm mostly playing GTA5 and Overwatch, so I hope the 1660 ti will help those max out and still be over 60fps. But the next games I'm looking forward to are RDR2 and Outer Worlds, so if anybody has info on those two running on this card, that'd be helpful!

Thanks for the time reading this and for your input.

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Good enough?

View Results
Yes
No

should be good enough but you should wait at least the next 10 days to see what nvidia will announce.
There might be a chance that after that you can get a used card for a good price. maybe even the price for a new 1660 will drop.

AMD is no option?

3 years ago

I've had ATI/AMD cards in the past, always seemed to have issues with them so not planning to look that direction this time.

And I don't get paid until the 31st, so anything I do buy will certainly be after this nvidia announcement.

And since the start of crypto$, I don't even want to risk a used card that's been abused doing that stuff.

3 years ago

NVidea have most stable drivers. Use less power and heat up less. I have had my 750 Ti for almost 7 years now.

3 years ago

I had more problems with my 1060 than I have with and.
I use and and nvidia. I would never say one is better than the other. The last and cards use nearly same power and are cooler than the last nvidia cards.

I can understand when op says he don't want and because of bad experience but the "nvidia has most stable drivers" is just not true.

3 years ago

I've honestly never had an issue with AMD drivers, but that's just me. Also, where temps are concerned, my 1660 Super I have atm isn't running any cooler than AMD cards I've had. It takes a far more aggressive fan curve to keep cool than my RX 580 did. The one thing I will give the Nvidia cards, the fans are quieter.

3 years ago

I can tell you a few troubleshooting stories about those "most stable" Nvidia drivers. There is a reason they still carry the option of "nuke previous drivers before installing the current one" in their installers for quick and easy driver reverts.

3 years ago

I would wait a month or so for nvidia 3xxx series announcement it's not that great time to buy gpu. Or wait for some sale.

3 years ago

I would go with the 1660 Super. Less raw power but GDDR6 memory and Turing. it is also cheaper.

or wait as others say, it looks like the next nvidia series will be announced on september 1st

3 years ago

But those will be just the higher ended RTX cards, the middle ranged GTX cards comes later.

3 years ago

but maybe prices for the 20XX will drop? I don't know to be honest

3 years ago*

idk either

3 years ago

I would wait for next gen(Ampere) cards get's released, you might gonna get 2660 ti or what ever it's gonna be called at the same price

3 years ago

Any graphics card you can afford to buy.
For your i5-4440 I can recomend max 2060s, or even 2070(maybe with S).

3 years ago*

Hi, I just upgraded from a setup running a GTX 760 2GB, BUT I bought a whole new machine - with a new i5 and GTX 1660S 6GB. I was struggling to get 30fps running V-Rally on my old setup, and now get over 100fps.
Buying a flash new video card might be great, but I'd think about the rest of your setup too (you don't mention what you're currently running), as that flash new card may not even give you much better gaming performance if the rest of your computer is old.

3 years ago*

2nd hand 1070 is within your budget

3 years ago

i've been told this is the worst time to upgrade your gpu. πŸ‘ wait a few weeks till nvidia announces their new 30xx cards, then old products will have their prices reduced.

3 years ago

3 years ago

So this is their personal warranty and wiill replace if defective?

3 years ago

Correct. This is buying straight from EVGA.

3 years ago

I know there are rumors that there will be massive sales on SSDs soon because of overstocking, this might affect GPUs as well?

3 years ago

I'd wait a little bit as others have said, keep an eye on shops selling the 20XX series cheaper to get rid of stock as the date for the 30XX series draws nearer you might get a better deal. It won't be long before we have more details on the new series cards, you might be able to get one of those if you wait and see.

If you can't wait then I'd look at the 2060 rather than the 1660Ti, the 2060 is slightly more expensive but you can find them around the same price as the 1660Ti. They both have 6GB memory altho the 2060 has almost 400 more cores, higher boost clocks.

3 years ago

If money is an issue, I will echo what the others have said. Best time would be around Black Friday. On the other hand, if you don't have a problem buying it used, I would definitely hold off until then (or after X-mas) where enthusiasts will be selling off their old cards for dirt cheap.

3 years ago

Cough Cough, Youtube, Google, Tom's Hardware Forum

3 years ago

I don't know how close the 1660ti matches up, but I have the 1070, and a 1060 SC 3GB. The computer with the 1070 drops below 60 fps at times (down to about 43? I believe) in GTA V for me on Ultra settings in northern parts of the map where there's a lot of grass and dust particles, so I usually lower grass and particles to "high". Otherwise it stays at 60fps (my monitor is capped at 60). The computer with a 1060 SC 3gb also has most of the graphics set to ultra or very high, except grass and particles which I kept at high and it runs pretty consistently at 60fps. Since it has less memory I also have some other settings like amount of pedestrians set to a lower amount, rather than maxed out as they are on the 1070.

3 years ago

I would pick a 1660 Super instead, in fact I just bought one

3 years ago

There's a 2% difference in performance between the 1660 Super and the 1660 TI. The 1660 TI is 50$ more expensive. The 1660 Super is the better deal

3 years ago

If you can find a RTX card within your budget I would go for it. DLSS 2.0 is a great feature that only works on RTX cards.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

RX do consume more power than GTX?

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

I would choose a a little more expensive card but less power bill over 5 years of course. And less noisy fan.

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

I am usually a guy who uses any component 5 years fully at least. Most of my PCs have worked 8 years. My present GPU is 6 years old.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Go with RTX2070S. Monster

3 years ago

But Budget is $150 more?

3 years ago

used one?

3 years ago

Ahhhh. But should be reliable from a reputed site.

3 years ago*

Where do you want to get a 2070 super for that kind of money? Not even close.

3 years ago

1660 Super Ti is almost same as or better than 1060 I think and bit lesser to 1070. It is better than Radeon 590.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/4037vs3639
if you buy RTX 2060 for 100$ more than nothing like it.
Since NVidia and Radeon will both be launching next wave of cards, might as well wait a bit and see if cards drop cheaper or something better in same price comes up. Under any case world situation being existing stocks are expensive due to shutting of production of stuff many places and import freeze. That said can get a good working 1080 cheaper second hand at ebay type online sites or still in warranty even used.

3 years ago*

I wouldn't put overmuch faith in what's showing on that site. What else is in the PCs the tests were run on?

I've got a 1660 now. I had a 1060 before. All I can tell you is that my performance improved WAY more than that site seems to be suggesting. I bought a faster LCD with my 1660, and my FPS shot through the roof. You're probably not going to do that, at least for now. I can tell you that my 1660 probably got FAR MORE out of the 120 Hz monitor than my old 1060 6 GB ever could've.

3 years ago

One can get a bit of an idea generically. especially budget vs performance I suppose.

3 years ago

I think 1660S is better card in terms of performance/money.

3 years ago

People suggesting to wait, but a middle range card from the new generation won't come any time soon (they always start with the higher range). Also, older generation cards extremely rarely drop in price, unless you're buying second hand.

3 years ago

i think the rtx 2xxx series is a big failure for nvidia...many issues and same performance as the previous genberation...i think you should give AMD a try.

3 years ago

Nice card. 100% enough for next 5 year of fullHD gaming

3 years ago

Used to look around a lot in early this year, pick 1660Ti anyway, wasnt disappointed. 5/7 card.

3 years ago

I always look at Nvidia and end up with AMD. AMD might suck up more juice tho so depending how much electricity costs in your area,...

3 years ago

If you compare the rest of appliances even against the beefiest PC, the last one is the least that will increase your electric bill.

3 years ago

Yeah, my air conditioning to cool down my GPU is indeed the costly one.

3 years ago

lol
Which AMD GPU do you have?

3 years ago

I am a smoll 1080 pp gamer rocking the rx590. My rig so old, it literary is morphing into a bottleneck shaped dust trap, I can't even upgrade to ddr4. Before that I had 280x.

3 years ago

Ah then it makes sense to complain about GPU's power consumption. There was a bigger gap at that time against NVIDIA ones, especially with RX 590 since it was actually an overclocked 580. Right now on current RX GPUs it's not that bad.

3 years ago

Well, if the guesses and rumours about the new Ampere cards are true (the absolute wildest ones say 350Β Watts), it may just switch now.

3 years ago

I've heard up to 390 watts. Rumored prices are also far from compelling.

3 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by twelfthdr.