I current have a GTX 760 2GB and hoping to upgrade. The bloody 1080 is still out of my range, so I was looking towards the 1660 ti 6GB. It's pretty much at the line of what I can afford to get. Anybody have any feedback about the 1660 ti, the stats seem to make it seem decent enough especially compared to what I have now. My 760 does good as well framerate wise for what I'm playing, but damn that 2GB holding me back from upping the textures and other quality options to anything better than Medium. So after working a month straight preparing for all this Distance Learning crap, I'm using some of that overtime as a reward :)

My 760 is a MSI model so that's the 1660 ti I'm also looking into, the one they labeled Gaming X. And right now I'm mostly playing GTA5 and Overwatch, so I hope the 1660 ti will help those max out and still be over 60fps. But the next games I'm looking forward to are RDR2 and Outer Worlds, so if anybody has info on those two running on this card, that'd be helpful!

Thanks for the time reading this and for your input.

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Good enough?

View Results
Yes
No

A 1660Ti won't run maxed out RDR2 at over 60 fps, no.

3 years ago

If your steam profile is right, you have an old i5 4440. That's surely gonna bottleneck an 1660 ti. Especially in a rather cpu hungry game like RDR2. For comparison I have a 1660 vanilla and had a ryzen 3 1200 OC-d to 3.9 GHz. RDR2 bottlenecked the card in cities hard. I've also experienced bottleneck in other games as well like Outer worlds. And my ryzen easily outperforms your i5. Since then I've upgraded to a ryzen 3600, no issues now whatsoever.

If I were you, I'd upgrade everything else and settle for a 1660. If that's not an option don't waste money on a 1660 ti just get a 1650. Paired with that i5 you gonna get the same performance anyway.

3 years ago

I'd wait for a possible price drop after the NVIDIA conference. Otherwise, get an RTX 2060. It's a bit more expensive but it's more powerful and has RTX if you're interested.

This website compares them in case you're interested:
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti/4034vs4037

3 years ago

I have a laptop running an i7-9550H and a GTX 1660 Ti and run RDR2 at 20-30fps max setting. (I hadn't played that game past the first few chapters though, didn't really like it.

3 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by twelfthdr.