Comment has been collapsed.

The latest money laundering scheme

8 months ago

Nope. Actually, money itself is the laundering scheme. How do you think governments create money out of thin air? The developer is just showing the actual worth modern money has.

Unlike the traditional gold and silver money, the modern fake paper receipts (of gold and silver money) and digital money have no value of their own. It is the commodity, product or service which holds actual value. So, essentially he has made so many people millionaires/billionaires. Developer is a great person.

8 months ago*

funni satire

8 months ago

Not a satire. But a fact. It is the same way the people running governments and their cronies get rich.

8 months ago

lmao

8 months ago

It's true, to a certain degree. Currency that's backed by gold or other precious metals actually has more worth than currency that isn't.

Think NFTS, which have inherently no value other than what the seller requests and what the "suckers" are willing to pay. There was a sci-fi movie "In Time", that tied currency to one's physical life span.

8 months ago

Yeah, I remember that movie. Full of plotholes. NFTS though, lmao.

8 months ago

What is there to laugh about? Maybe, it is true in your case. "Ignorance is bliss."
Anyhow, if you have an open mind, I would recommend you to read some books on economics and/or Wikipedia article on "Paradox of value."

8 months ago

Oh, I'm laughing at you :)
So when do we gather to kill all THE EVIL GOVERNMENTS 😡
🤣🤣

8 months ago

Where did I suggest/say that? Moreover, the government is a dead entity. You can't kill something which is already dead.
Indeed, Ignorance is bliss for you..

8 months ago

Come on man, don't back down now, after all of this fight :(

8 months ago

You are talking all gibberish. Go and read "Paradox of value" and then come back here to make a rational argument.

8 months ago

Come on dude, THE EVIL GOVERNMENTS are making money out of thin air, while you are just backing after all of this

View attached image.
8 months ago

I repeat: "Go and read "Paradox of value" and then come back here to make a rational argument."
The time you spent on finding a pointless GIF image could have been well spent on some economics lessons.

8 months ago

I repeat:"Come on man, don't back down now, after all of this fight :(" 🤣

edit: nah, it adds to the fun :D

8 months ago

One can awaken a sleeping person but not someone who pretends to be asleep

8 months ago

Wow, edgy 😎

8 months ago

You seem trippy.

8 months ago

When France challenged the Gold dollar, the US backpeddled to the Petrol Dollar because they were lying about the gold.
Now that the Petrol Dollar is being challenged and the US is lying about that, where is the US going next to backpeddel their currency?

I really like Milk shack theory about the US dollar.

8 months ago

You missed the reply button, THE AWOKEN ONE is next door :D

8 months ago

That's some next level sophistry

cute though, very cute

8 months ago

I would recommend you to read some books on economics and/or Wikipedia article on "Paradox of value."
BTW, isn't accusing someone of "some next level sophistry" without any fact or evidence "some next level hypocrisy"?

Refute bro, evidently refute.

8 months ago*

I've read some pretty good books, but you aught to know that books are not always keeping up with the newest scams, it takes a couple of weeks to write a book, and just a few hours to come up with a new scheme.

We understand everything you've said, and some of us may agree with parts of it, that isn't the point though. The point is your dodging with "what-aboutisms".
-"They are using this for money laundering"
-"Ah! But have you considered how the status quo with its governments and banks is fleecing you? Money is a mirage~~" whooshing noises

I stand by my statement. The sophistry is strong with thee.
Evidence? You provided it. in response to OP saying that this is a new money laundering scheme you wrote this:

<<
Nope. Actually, money itself is the laundering scheme. How do you think governments create money out of thin air? The developer is just showing the actual worth modern money has.

Unlike the traditional gold and silver money, the modern fake paper receipts (of gold and silver money) and digital money have no value of their own. It is the commodity, product or service which holds actual value. So, essentially he has made so many people millionaires/billionaires. Developer is a great person.

8 months ago

I've read some pretty good books, but you aught to know that books are not always keeping up with the newest scams, it takes a couple of weeks to write a book, and just a few hours to come up with a new scheme.

Kindly, mention what are those "pretty good books" you've read and how are they relevant in this conversation when you've failed to cite even a single one of them. It is very evident that those "pretty good books" were not of economics. It is first and foremost principle of modern economics "Money has no value of its own." (Read: "Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith). If you claim otherwise, kindly explain what is the single unchangeable value of the money in your own words.
Also, kindly explain, "how can a valueless thing be used to barter anything worthwhile?" if you are vehemently rejecting the "Paradox of Value."
Newest scams, eh? Please mention what are those and how are they relevant in the conversation?
Money laundering? How can you launder something like money which has "no value?" Please explain.

We understand everything you've said, and some of us may agree with parts of it, that isn't the point though. The point is your dodging with "what-aboutisms".

"We?" Sorry, but you don't understand anything I've said. And you clearly don't understand the meaning of "what-aboutism."
One cannot talk about money without mentioning the entity who prints it i.e., the governments. If you see this as "what-aboutism," you need some introspection. No body but the people running the governments unilaterally decided "money will have no value of its own." If money has no value, and any number multiplied by zero is equal to zero. It does not matter if it is a hundred bucks or gazillion bucks. If we are saying something is overpriced, we need to know "in what regard?"

Moreover, the developer's act is clearly not money laundering. Why? Because all steam sales are recorded by Valve. This increase in price of his product will obviously not boost sales or do him any benefit in any sense whatsoever because it does not materialize into the valueless paper receipts (or digits on computer screen) we call money. In all likelihood, his sales must have plummeted to zero for past several weeks. He is just making the initial buyers of his products feel rich just to honor them. His bravado must have gained him a few clicks on his game page. I am sure he must be glad with that. Every product manufacturer wants his product to be seen by public and not be lost in oblivion. There is nothing wrong with that.

By raising the price of product like that, he has given ordinary people an important lesson on the modern economics (i.e., the value of something is decided by the person who creates that thing, whether it is money, bitcoin, books, apps, games or anything else), which is why I called him great.

This event is no different from a situation when game (valued at 100 bucks) was given away freely for a short period of time and later the price was again raised to 100 bucks or more. It is developer's discretion.

-"They are using this for money laundering"

Not my words. So, now you have resorted to lying? A pitiful hypocrisy.

-"Ah! But have you considered how the status quo with its governments and banks is fleecing you? Money is a mirage~~" whooshing noises

Not my words. And what's your point?

I stand by my statement. The sophistry is strong with thee.
Evidence? You provided it. in response to OP saying that this is a new money laundering scheme you wrote this: [My original comment]

Please explain clearly when you are trying to make an argument. It seems you've reached "ultimate-level sophistry" and "ultimate-level hypocrisy" otherwise why are you filling your reply with empty words? There is not even a passing reference about the subjects you are fighting over.

P.S.- Your reply was mostly a jumbled mess and most of your statements were empty words which at times made no sense. If you are making such bold accusation of "next level sophistry" against somebody, a more harmonious reply is expected.

8 months ago*

Are you stupid? why should I site books when you're the one pretending to be the intellectual commanding people to "read some books"? You make up the rules as you go just to keep dodging the fact that you're defending a money laundering scheme, you changed the goalpost so many times, and now hope everyone forgets what this discussion was about. Go white knight some gacha game like all the regular losers.
Instead you just keep going on every tangent in the planet to pretend you didn't respond to "the latest money laundering scheme" with "Nope, actually.."
Strawman much?

8 months ago

Are you stupid?

Wow What a great comeback...except the fact that you deserve the title better.

why should I site books when you're the one pretending to be the intellectual commanding people to "read some books"?

Huh? What site? Oh, you meant cite. I only demanded counter evidence. There's nothing intellectually commanding about asking someone to read some books about a particular subject (unless the other guy is an illiterate). I believe you are quite literate because you are replying to my comments.
No one is expected to know everything. But it can be expected from everyone that if you are talking about a particular subject you should have at least basic knowledge about it.

You make up the rules as you go just to keep dodging the fact that you're defending a money laundering scheme, you changed the goalpost so many times, and now hope everyone forgets what this discussion was about.

Again. I never made up the rules as I went. I have already explained why this is not a money laundering scheme. Read my previous comment I have already said: "Moreover, the developer's act is clearly not money laundering. Why? Because all steam sales are recorded by Valve. This increase in price of his product will obviously not boost sales or do him any benefit in any sense whatsoever because it does not materialize into the valueless paper receipts (or digits on computer screen) we call money. In all likelihood, his sales must have plummeted to zero for past several weeks. He is just making the initial buyers of his products feel rich just to honor them. His bravado must have gained him a few clicks on his game page. I am sure he must be glad with that. Every product manufacturer wants his product to be seen by public and not be lost in oblivion. There is nothing wrong with that."

I answered each and every point in your previous comments regardless of the fact that your comments so far have been muddled mess.

I still stand by all my previous comments. But, that does not allow you to fabricate lies. You have already established yourself as a reputed liar when you quoted the words I have not said anywhere.

Go white knight some gacha game like all the regular losers.

Okay, if you say so. But, when you oppose me while I am white knighting "some gacha game" aren't you contradicting yourself?

Instead you just keep going on every tangent in the planet to pretend you didn't respond to "the latest money laundering scheme" with "Nope, actually.."
Strawman much?

What are you saying? Not once have you explained or established anything you've said. What those "latest money laundering schemes" you keep insinuating? Please be specific while naming them.
Because, no one can understand unclear messages.

8 months ago*

You're not adding anything to the main topic, so please desist.

(and that goes for anyone else who feels the need to keep this vain argument going).

8 months ago

I agree that talking to this person is a waste of time, but I do want to make one last reply that they will probably respond to because they got to have the final word.

EDIT: there you go.

8 months ago*

Huh? What site? Oh, you meant cite. I only demanded counter evidence. There's nothing intellectually commanding about asking >someone to read some books about a particular subject (unless the other guy is an illiterate). I believe you are quite literate because you >are replying to my comments.

Did you mean intellectually demanding, or taxing maybe? because commanding doesn't work in that sentence. Anyone can play that game of correcting spelling errors or fixing grammar. However, you are still on a tangential subject. Any there's no point to be made here, I understood what you meant to write, even if what you wrote was syntactically wrong.

Again. I never made up the rules as I went. I have already explained why this is not a money laundering scheme. Read my previous >comment I have already said: "Moreover, the developer's act is clearly not money laundering. Why? Because all steam sales are recorded >by Valve. This increase in price of his product will obviously not boost sales or do him any benefit in any sense whatsoever because it >does not materialize into the valueless paper receipts (or digits on computer screen) we call money. In all likelihood, his sales must have >plummeted to zero for past several weeks. He is just making the initial buyers of his products feel rich just to honor them. His bravado >must have gained him a few clicks on his game page. I am sure he must be glad with that. Every product manufacturer wants his product >to be seen by public and not be lost in oblivion. There is nothing wrong with that."

Do you not understand that the game is not meant to be purchased by regular users? The laundering happens with the publishers/developers or associated parties use dubious financing to pay for the product, and they receive a portion of that dubious money through this sale. That source of money will sooner or later be shut off, either because it's from stolen CC which was reported or closed by the bank/credit provider or some other similar process. Meanwhile, the developer got some 70% of that money which was never theirs in their hands, if the developers are in a country such as the US or somewhere in the EU, well that's actionable, they'll be caught and prosecuted. But what if they aren't? What if they are in China? somewhere in the African continent, some questionable region of Asia in general, not just China. Well, they just converted some stolen money into something safer for them to hold on to.
Are you assuming they are listing an asset flip at 50$ on good faith? Why? What is going on with your thought process?

So the fact that money is a construct created by people and the money we have today has no value except what governments place on it, be it by choice or under the effects of the world market, is irrelevant. If you want to go back to bartering and trading objects with intrinsic value, be my guest, that won't change what's happening with this game and other similar ones on steam.

I still stand by all my previous comments. But, that does not allow you to fabricate lies. You have already established yourself as a reputed >liar when you quoted the words I have not said anywhere.

You have the perspicacity of Don Quixote, unless you're pretending, in which case I would recommend a career in politics.

Okay, if you say so. But, when you oppose me while I am white knighting "some gacha game" aren't you contradicting yourself?

What am I contradicting? I'm saying people do not normally go out of their way to defend asset flips like blind fanboys, that sort of thing is normally reserved for games like Genshin Impact, and before that you found it around terrible MMO games or cult gathering game publishers where the fans would murder anyone badmouthing anything their publisher pushes out, no matter how terrible. Whereas you decided to go all out defending what isn't even a game...

What are you saying? Not once have you explained or established anything you've said. What those "latest money laundering schemes" >you keep insinuating? Please be specific while naming them.
Because, no one can understand unclear messages.

Just because you do not understand it, does not mean no one understands. Steam users are unfortunately all too familiar with all this. For more detailed context why not watch some youtubers who verbally explain all this nonsense, you can look up BigFry or SidAlpha for instance, although there's dozens of such channels so you can pick your favourite.

8 months ago

I would like to desist. But the other guy just wishes to continue this conversation on and on.

8 months ago

...because commanding doesn't work in that sentence

In case you forgot, I quoted you there. Read your previous comment [See image]

The laundering happens with the publishers/developers or associated parties use dubious financing to pay for the product, and they receive a portion of that dubious money through this sale. That source of money will sooner or later be shut off, either because it's from stolen CC which was reported or closed by the bank/credit provider or some other similar process. Meanwhile, the developer got some 70% of that money which was never theirs in their hands, if the developers are in a country such as the US or somewhere in the EU, well that's actionable, they'll be caught and prosecuted. But what if they aren't? What if they are in China? somewhere in the African continent, some questionable region of Asia in general, not just China. Well, they just converted some stolen money into something safer for them to hold on to.

Your argument makes no sense. There are far better things one can buy from stolen credit cards than developing an app (albeit, an asset flip) just to buy it using stolen credit cards.
Heck, "charities" of some cause are by far easiest money laundering schemes to execute. Not only do they exempt the fraudster from the taxes, they get a greater cut. Moreover, charities protects fraudsters from being implicated to a great extent.

Charities are the most popular money laundering schemes used by the fraudsters, the governments and their cronies alike. Take Ukraine war, for instance.

Not only is this hypothetical "money laundering scheme" totally pointless, it can end up causing great loss to the developer because sellers can be easily banned on Steam and they can lose 100 dollar developer account fee in the process even before earning anything.

No one needs to come up with such nonsense schemes to get rich. The only hypothetical scenario in which it could work is when the developer has an endless supply of stolen credit card infos and if this developer was secretly a worker in Valve corporation. I agree, we can't rule out the possibility, but still, it involves far too much work and it is quite risky.

Now, even if it was possible can you make a guess as to how many stolen credit cards can buy a product valued at $999,999.99?

It is far better and easier for fraudsters to use the stolen credit cards to buy gasoline or something untraceable. Moreover, this plan has much less returns (because steam or third party seller gets a cut) and is far more trackable than any other money laundering process. Steam sales are refundable, unlike credit card used for gasoline or some untraceable real-world commodity.

Are you assuming they are listing an asset flip at 50$ on good faith? Why? What is going on with your thought process?

If the developer's intentions were really as bad as you claim, why would developer price it as low as 3.59 bucks initially? It is very much clear that he really wished to sell his product, but because there was no sale he increased the price of his product to $999,999.99 expecting some steam page clicks.

You see too much bad in common people when you need to realize that only bad people here are those who run governments and their cronies. They have stolen gold and silver currencies and have fraudulently replaced it with valueless paper receipts. Have you ever wondered why your great grandpa could buy so many things using 50 bucks, but you can't?

You have the perspicacity of Don Quixote, unless you're pretending, in which case I would recommend a career in politics.

Ah, the irony. A pathological liar recommending others a career in politics.

What am I contradicting? I'm saying people do not normally go out of their way to defend asset flips like blind fanboys, that sort of thing is normally reserved for games like Genshin Impact...

So, you are going to decide what others should do and what others shouldn't. Isn't it arbitrary?

Also, I am not defending the game or anything. I am saying that what's the problem if developer made some people feel temporarily rich? I still don't think that this is a money laundering scheme because I know no one is going to buy the game with stolen credit cards or otherwise.

Just because you do not understand it, does not mean no one understands. Steam users are unfortunately all too familiar with all this. For more detailed context why not watch some youtubers who verbally explain all this nonsense, you can look up BigFry or SidAlpha for instance, although there's dozens of such channels so you can pick your favourite.

Yawn. You could have simply answered my question instead of posting such nonsense paragraph.

View attached image.
8 months ago*

If you bought it for 59 cents you can feel rich now.

8 months ago

i dont feel rich :)

8 months ago

This game had a price of $15,000,000.00 for 2 days xD
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2359560/_/

Check price history on SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/app/2359560/

8 months ago

Why is it always Chinese or something, i see Chinese if i click on it and no Price. :D

8 months ago

yeah and you need 1000 gigs of ram with a 8090 lmao

8 months ago

8 months ago

Simply drawing attention to the developer's game

8 months ago

*money laundering scheme. FTFY

8 months ago

Looooool with a couple of solds u can be rich!!! XDDD

8 months ago

I'd be happy with one

8 months ago

ahh yes the doofenshmirtz hot chocolate scheme
the 1st cup is free, the 2nd one is also free, but the third is 1 million dollars

View attached image.
8 months ago*

Gimme 5 !!! :D

8 months ago

Wrong forum section.

8 months ago

In a way it is the deal of the year ;)

8 months ago

No, it's not. And if OP tried to post it in the right section, they might have realized that it's already been mentioned several times.

8 months ago

you can buy it for 0.59 on sale than brag about it later lol

8 months ago

Spooky :)

8 months ago

More proof of Steam's lack of quality control.

8 months ago

^ THIS ^

8 months ago

Valve committed publicly to refrain from all quality control. Nobody can blame them for doing exactly what they promised. On the other hand if a game is priced at 1 million $ all lights on the Steam control board should light up red like a Christmas tree for other obvious reasons.

8 months ago

They publicly admit they have none, all you have to do is pay 100 bucks and presto your garbage asset flip is on the platform!

Valve gets 100 bucks at least, while the people that actually put effort on their games and produce decent products get their hard work swamped by trash like this.

8 months ago

If I had to guess, its targeted towards deep pocketed streamers/youtubers. "Playthrough of million dollar steam game! Is it worth it? Watch my video!"

8 months ago

my guess is they will sell it in bundles off steam so you can pay like 10$ or 20$ for a game nobody will ever play but you can show it off on your account.

8 months ago

Or level up to 10 on SteamGifts :)

8 months ago

why not bought it on sale for 60 cent?

8 months ago

Can you grab it externally for just 750k or something?

8 months ago

Lol

8 months ago

LOL!

8 months ago

Some kid/moron/both made a shitty game/asset flip, started to get bad reviews, then put the price at an ridiculous amount to stop people from getting it for a while, then try and fix it before getting more bad reviews and ruining the game/asset flip's chances forever, even though it doesn't have a chance regardless, because it's shit.

As it seems it's not easy, or even possible to get steam to temporarily suspend sales for your game, I guess this solution works.

8 months ago

Is this the highest price one can set on Steam?

8 months ago

no, some chinese game was like 25.000.000

8 months ago

I'd guess they don't want to remove the game while they're trying to fix it OR they're waiting for Steam to purchase disable it. Either way, the price is to keep people from buying what is likely a broken game.

It's funny to see though.

8 months ago

Well it's "back down" to 194,99€ for me so I guess they either fixed it fast or maybe someone thought money laundering in the millions is not exactly as stealthy as buying a 200 euro game a few thousand times.

8 months ago

I note that it's also been 59 cents.

I think a more valid question would be what is happening that would necessitate laundering large observable and reportable sums of money. Typically money laundering would happen with many small transactions. Which is why businesses like grocery stores and catering companies and rental stores are popular for this. But yes, $200 would definitely be a more likely laundering price since it's well under the level that would draw scrutiny from regulators.

8 months ago*

i smell money laundry instead of tricky marketting about this game, this game pure crab... no one will take it and play it even for free..

8 months ago

1 million dollars for this bad game? Wtf why does Steam not banned it?

8 months ago

They get their cut no matter what. Why would they ban it?

8 months ago

its also 1 million zloty
or 1 million fortin
or 1 million lira

so set vpn to turkey and get it "cheap"

8 months ago

Thanks, I just bought it! It's multiplayer, who wants to play with me?

8 months ago

I will wait for a 25% discount.

8 months ago

Aww, it just dropped in price now, only 194,99€
I was about to buy it but now it seems too cheap, it must be a bad game.

8 months ago

Wait for a bundle.

8 months ago

Don't they have to contact steam about each price change?

8 months ago

I doubt it, they're probably just limited with a "cooldown" between price changes and/or discounts.

8 months ago

a shame, price is down to $199.99

8 months ago

It's a STEAL! I bought 5, who wants a copy? XD

View attached image.
8 months ago

Apparently all the bugs have been fixed according to the "dev". This is obviously why there was a price increase. /s lol

8 months ago*

I read some of his responses to reviews.
Man's a complete tool by the looks of it.

8 months ago

damn its only 200$ now and I thought I got a deal when I bought it for 15k :'(

8 months ago

account value goes brrrrrrrt

8 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.