Checking the forums I have noticed that alot of attention is given to CV and levels and how they are calculated etc. I didn't realize before that a lot of people giveaway games here just to get games.

So basically they aren't much of giveaways then shall I say 'tradeaways'. Only difference between this and regular trading is that there is some randomization and luck involved.

Or am I understanding the level system wrong?

Update edit:

When I check profiles of high levels, many of their giveaways are like 1-20 enteries.

Thats looks very exploited to me. So if I create a giveaway for high level just to reward people who have given alot, many of the entries will be by these 'special groups' people who basically giveaway to each other.

At least thats the impression I am getting.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Incentivised generosity.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

i already giveaway 42 games and won 20, in my point of view i would like some games back as well but i actually dont really "care" because i tried to do something different with all the giveaways i made and all of then were pretty fun :D
i'm balanced

View attached image.
9 years ago

What can I say? I like giving and receiving :)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

I can understand the need to win as winning something feels good as well.

But I am talking about people who make giveaways only to enter better giveaways and are very thorough on how to achieve that by studying the CVs and levels and exploiting it. And all this talk just kinda weird in 'giveaway' forum. Sounds more like 'takeaway'.

On other hand, I like leveling up in stuff so I guess I will need some reading on the leveling thing as well. :)

9 years ago

I just won a giveaway and saw the animation.. although I had an email from the guy telling me he doesn't have the key anymore. But at least I got to see the animation.

9 years ago

That's sad mate. Just wait, mark as not received and move on.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

It was PixelJunk™ Monsters Ultimate.

9 years ago

A lot of people are giving away games expecting some kind of recognition, or at least better odds at winning something themselves.

Still, even with better odds, it's all based on luck. The level system is a way for giveaway creators to reward those who do contribute and make the site's existence possible in the first place. Sometimes I do giveaways for everyone, sometimes I prefer to give only to those who have contributed. It's an incentive to get people to contribute more to the site and keep the flow of giveaways going.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.