Today, Steam told me that I won't be able to use the market anymore since I hadn't buy any game for a year on their store. Since I'd like to get rid of my Snow Globe cards, do you have any trick/advice for me? Another place to sell cards? Using trading or PayPal?
Thank you very much for your help :)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

1 decade ago

buy a cheap game and sell your cards

1 decade ago

You also have to wait 30 days until you can actually use the market. Snow Globes would be gone by then,sorry!

1 decade ago

Yes, that's my major problem. Otherwise, I would have buy something cheap.

1 decade ago

I have a trick for you,buy some cheap game for a few cents or dlc for a game you own and then sell the cards.

1 decade ago

where is a trick?

he need to wait 30 days after purchase

1 decade ago

exactly and the cards will expire by then

1 decade ago

You are crap out of luck for selling them yourself now. Simple as that.

1 decade ago

You won't be able to sell.

Trade or craft the badge, or simply let those cards expire.

1 decade ago

tf2outpost.com is (obviously) primarily a tf2 trading site, but it has all forms of steam trading, a huge user base, and a much better design than steamtrades. List your globes there (or search for people buying them, but you will get a worse deal) and you can get some tf2 metal for them (or some other cards that won't expire).
Also I see you have a Bounty Hat sitting in your inventory, you could get multiple tf2 keys for that thing. Launch tf2 to get your free stocking of gifts, and it will contain a "giftapult" you can use as gift wrap (just make sure not to "use" it and catapult the gift to a random person)

1 decade ago

Thank you very much, I will try this website!
Regarding my Bounty Hat, it says the item is not tradable? I'm not familiar with TF2 and what I can do with these items...

1 decade ago

what you can do with untradeable items:

• ignore them
  • delete them
  • craft them into other untradeable items
  • some can be wrapped in a gift-wrap and then be traded, but it's not worth the effort for most items
1 decade ago

You can only trade untradable items if you first use a "Gift Wrap" item on them. Lucky for you, anyone who plays TF2 during the winter event gets a free package of stuff which includes a gift catapult. You can wrap the hat with that, and it can then be traded. If you "use" the catapult after wrapping the item, it will send the item to a TF2 player at random who is online, so make sure not to do that. AS the poster below says, it usually isn't worth wrapping untradeable items, but when they are worth multiple keys it is. A quick search on tf2outpost found multiple people willing to give3+ keys for a wrapped bounty hat

1 decade ago

This is what you get for not supporting the gaming industry.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Not everyone have credit card to buy in steam
for example if you just trade games because you can´t buy in steam (for that problem) you can´t sell the cards...

1 decade ago

There's also PaySafeCard - you're going to a local shop, they're giving you a code you're giving them physical money and then you're paying on Steam! Magic!

1 decade ago

PaySafeCard is not available in all countries.

1 decade ago

What if he does not have any money? How about you think a little more next time?

1 decade ago

Ever heard of sarcasm?
How about you think a little more next time?[sic!]

1 decade ago

I thought about what you said. My conclusion is:

This is what you get for not supporting the gaming industry.

1 decade ago

I buy most of my games outside the Steam store, that's why...

1 decade ago

Yeah you're crap outta luck with the Steam Market, you're locked out for 30 days or whatever no matter what.

Kinda shitty that they don't tell you that beforehand when you haven't purchased anything in a long while and/or you change your payment method, but what are you going to do.

1 decade ago

+1, a warning would have been nice, I wasn't aware of this rule before it happened and then it was too late.

1 decade ago

Deal with the pain of being unable to do anything.

1 decade ago

This.

Kill self*, repeat if necessary.

*Don't actually kill yourself

1 decade ago

Trade them or craft the badge. You have no other choice.

1 decade ago

Thank you guys for your answers, it seems that there is no ideal solution! I'll try to give/sell them at low price at the end of the sale. Cheers everyone :)

1 decade ago

Or you can trade them for some normal cards and then after the 30 days you can sell those cards.

1 decade ago

at the end of the sale the cards will be deleted.

1 decade ago

Trade your cards for normal cards to sell when you're able to use the market. Or for keys, then trade your keys for gift copies of games.

1 decade ago

trade

1 decade ago

Contact your nearest time machine rental service, go back 31 day ago, buy 3000 copies of Fortix, create 3000 month long Fortix giveaways, return to our time, send the gift, enjoy your regained ability to sell cards. PROBLEM FUCKING SOLVED.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by HommeCrabe.