random thread that i am sure are atleast 300 already but what are you listening to lately (music i mean )... i've been listening a lot of Queen of the stone ages, i tried listening to it a long while ago because foo fighers is my favorite band and dave grohl my favorite musician and they tend to work togheter, but i didnt really liked it before, but now i really love their robot rock, and also Eagles of fucking death metal, i really love those guys, i started listening to them for the same reason that with QotSA but i liked the all along.. here ara a couple of tracks :D... oh and also thanks again to our lord and savior Dave Grohl i've been listeing to the soundtrack of Sound City a lot

Cherry Cola - Eagles of death metal
Sick, Sick, Sick - Queens of the Stone age
Sound City OST - The Man That Never Was (Grohl, Hawkins, Mendel, Smear, Springfield)

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Vampillia - my beautiful twisted nightmares in aurora rainbow darkness
https://open.spotify.com/album/20ZGNTdhRfQfcDPi0JFfWg

5 years ago

Indian Reservation

(followed shortly thereafter by...)

Come Out and Play

OK, maybe they're not happy tracks, but both are definitely worth remembering and thinking about.

5 years ago*

Maxim Lubarsky (piano) Alexei Tsiganov (vibes) Yulia Musayelyan (flute) Fernando Huergo (bass) Pablo Bencid (drums)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDfXYOVyKHk

5 years ago

The answer to your question would be : my boss yelling for no reason... Not the best music still...

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Two of the better 60s/70s psych collector albums. In pre Internet times, record collecting was more exciting than it is today. Somehow, you would have got hold of an address which would (paper!) mail you an obscure fanzine or mail order catalogue and there would maybe be an advert in it with yet another address and an even more obscure mail order catalogue at the end of it...Like a treasure hunt and finally coming across a record you had been looking for after months or even years carried a real sense of achievement!

A psychedelia mail order catalogue would have these mouthwatering one line descriptions of some album rarity you had never heard of as a "deranged mind melting acid fuzz monster packed with incandescent riffing distilled from hot lava" or similar...You would want to find out more and then see the price tag, which could be anything up to several thousand dollars..so much for finding out more, but clearly the experience would endow the album with a certain mystique in your mind and you would often wonder what acoustic holy grail you were missing...

Then TBL invented the Internet, and the bubble popped. Is it a surprise most of these albums turned out to be from high school bands choosing to release 250 copies of their basement rehearsal quality noodlings so they could say they had made a record? Probably to no one. Since then I have felt older, more cynical, and faintly resentful I have been forced to accept Santa doesn't exist. Even so, some of these collector "monsters" contain decent tunes and atmosphere (be prepared for filler), and are definitely worth a (free!) listen if you are interested in the genre.

Try these two if this sounds interesting

Ant Trip Ceremony - 24 Hours
(Favourite tracks: Four in the morning, Riverdawn, Violets of dawn)

Phantasia - S/T
(Favourite track: I talk to the moon)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I also think the Phantasia is the better album of the two. Interesting since it is much less known, even in this specific collector scene.

You are right about how times have changed, as an example Van Der Graaf Generator (a distinctly uncommercial prog/psych band with average 60s/70s song lengths of around 10 minutes) were #1 in the Italian pop charts for much of 1972 and there were apparently riots during their first Italian tour! I guess that makes them the equivalent of Justin Bieber, then. ;-)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Can I add your topic in my thread's OP also at the start and end of the train. Bot Gate - Train - Remove BotGate/ from URL
Best regards, Cruse~

5 years ago

feel free to do so, i would be honored

5 years ago

OP updated, Thank you for the bump and Thank you again, its my honor. :)

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

i listened to their KEXP session sevevral times and they are magnificent

5 years ago

"Two years ago, we made an appointment. Now we are coming with this Nirvana phoenix to keep everyone waiting. "

Enticing. And this is actually very good. It's the debut album by a Chinese blackgaze band. The atmosphere is distinct, with elements such as throat singing (to link to the post above this) and Shakuhachi flutes (or their Chinese equivalent) as well as inspiration from "the Buddhist tradition". If most blackgaze is too much black and too little gaze for you, this might do the trick as the metal weighting is certainly not overwhelming. Delightful.

To any Chinese speakers - Is "Shinrabansho" meaningful in Chinese? It looks like a Japanese transcription of the characters to me (the second one doesn't seem to be a kanji), but in all fairness I know no Chinese and pretty much no Japanese. "Forest of many phenomena"? These languages are so difficult.

虚极 (BLISS-ILLUSION) -森 罗万象 (Shinrabansho)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Happy cakeday, FameTaker! :)
Maybe you'll like this rendition as well.
The Cure - Friday I'm In Love (for orchestra by Walt Ribeiro)

5 years ago

Last couple of albums by Within Temptation. I discovered them just recently and instantly fell in love with the sound! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy8V0n4-jXU

5 years ago

Darci - Life

I love this music video

5 years ago

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

I can listen to it for hours, I'm still amazed that one of the best Electro Swing musics I know comes from a video game. And an awesome one at that!

Another Electro Swing song I like: Whoopsy Daisy

5 years ago

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.