Lately i've been mostly playing games while listening to podcasts... its just feels so much productive to be doing 2 things at once! but if you have ever done it, you know that you cant play any game like that, it has to be a game that you can play without paying that much attention to it... i need you to recommend me some game to play

i've played:

eurotruck simulator
rocket league
spelunky(i fucking hate rouge likes but this game its just perfect for listening to podcasts and now i have like 160 hours on it :c)

if it can it would be cool if it had progression systems and wasnt multiplayer... i am having trouble with my internet a lot lately
i dont need to own the game, i have some money to spare and a game that serves this purpose would be a good investment

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Binding of Isaac sounds like a game that would suit your needs

6 years ago

well you can always try games like Clicker Heroes

6 years ago

Card Crawl comes to mind first, and also the Reigns games (Reigns and Reigns: Her Majesty).
They're both relatively inexpensive, short game rounds and are turn based. Slay the Spire is good for that as well, but a little more costly.

I usually play turn-based games when I'm watching Twitch or a movie, etc.

6 years ago

Picross Touch (free), or Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun. Need thinking but not full attention

6 years ago

City / Park builders (Cities: Skylines, Planet Coaster),
Horde mode (Killing Floor, CoD: Zombies),
Clicker games,
Rouge-Lites,
Management games (Factorio, Prison Architect, Project Highrise),
Exploration games (Subnautica, Slime Rancher, Stardew Valley).

6 years ago

Factorio? Honestly, I can't even listen to my own thoughts while playing this game, let alone podcasts!

6 years ago

diablo 3, torchlight - any arpg
city skylines - any "sim city"
minecraft
no man's sky
shadowrun

6 years ago

Minecraft (or such)
Marble Duel (or Luxor, or other Zumba-style games)
Idle or clicker games, for example: Forge of Gods
Match-3 like games, such as Bejeweled or Robo Match (enjoying this last one recently)
Other 'simple' puzzle games, like Lines (several versions)

6 years ago

I chose games that have minimal text, and that can be muted without losing valuable content.

Rogue Legacy, if you like action platformers
FEZ, to get your mental gears grinding
The Witness, if you want to twist your mind even more
TrackMania, to race with grace

6 years ago

I listen to podcasts while playing FTL (maybe that's the reason I'm so bad at it).

6 years ago

Casual, sims, deck building

6 years ago

Borderlands 2 if you've already done the main story or if you're just getting some xp.
Starbound <3
Ultimate Viscera Cleanup Detail

6 years ago

I sometimes listen to podcast or documentaries while playing arpgs like Diablo 3, Grim Dawn or Path of Exile.

6 years ago

On a slightly different note... I would really recommend listening to podcasts while exercising! Forgive me, I know this is a little off-topic, but when I've read " its just feels so much productive to be doing 2 things at once!" I immediately thought about me catching up on some YouTube series on a treadmill! I had a lot of work lately and unwatched videos kinda stockpilled themselves, so I thought about watching them on my tablet instead of listening to music while running... and it worked out great! The time passes so quickly and it is easier to forget the pain and/or the fatigue.

Going back to games though...

I've never listened to podcasts while playing, sometimes I put on some streams as a background noise, but that doesn't get much of my attention.

BUT, I think that Dungeons Defenders would work out (it is a TPP tower-defence, with simple but fun character developement; you get a short planning phase, and then a lot of mindless enemy smashing, so it does not require a lot of concentrating, but is very rewarding). Also, I think Minecraft, Terraria and Stardew Valley are addicting, but not really attention-absorbing. Additionaly, some online shooters (or shooters without an engaging storyline) and racing games should be nice, but I don't play much of those.

6 years ago

Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal

Meatgrinder tower offense that makes you work hard for every inch of ground on most levels. It can be played more rapidly, but the slow and steady approach would be perfect for podcast listening. Enough strategy and reward to be interesting, but you can let your brain focus elsewhere. And it's just a great game.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.