Hi,

I got the Asrock Z170 Gaming K4 mainboard, and I don't think I know how to overclock. So far, I only set the CPU Ratio to 36, but in Windows (PC properties) I still see 3,5Ghz. Anyone able to help?

My CPU is i5-6600k

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

well i never heard it called ratio prior to today (ive always known it as multiplier), but apparently that is still correct terminology. 36 = 3.5ghz is common.. its probably actually running @ 3.57897897ghz or something like that and windows is just rounding down to 3.5ghz. if you wanted more out of it probably just a +1mw jump in voltage or something like that would give that micro amount more power to be more accurate and hit the actual 3.6ghz.. but i'd just leave it @ 3.5 (visual) / 3.6 (setting) personally if its working flawlessly still.. here is a vid on basics.

7 years ago*

Thanks! I found some information, that it's normal on Asrock and Asus that you don't see the overclocked values in Windows. I ran RealTemp and it shows the correct value. Now I'm running the CPU @ 3,8Ghz without increasing voltage. Do I actually need to play around with voltage? If I OC to 4Ghz without inc. voltage, can anything bad happen? The CPU is cold, 40C while playing a CPU intensive game (Vermintide)

7 years ago

OC in general is always a risk, however if your doing so without touching the voltage at all then chances are not that bad really, especially with your current temps. even small jumps in voltage is not likely to cause damage either, its the larger jumps in voltage that could easily do damage though.

7 years ago

thanks again!

7 years ago

np (。◕‿◕。)

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.