Just noticed this. Awesome deal for trains sim fans.
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5306/Platinum_Edition_Bundle/

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

Maybe, didn't check. But this deal is so epic it deserves a personal thread! :D

6 years ago

You know about the Laughing Man?

6 years ago

It's me

6 years ago

Do you think my avatar is just random? :)

6 years ago

Maybe you are not a phony after all.

6 years ago

nice deal if u play train-games ^^

6 years ago

how is that epic? the game is almost 3 years old...

6 years ago

How is that related? Discount from 100+USD to ~10USD is epic no matter how you look at it.

6 years ago

They advertise on their store page that there are over 10.000 user made routes available to download for free (which is from their website). The way this works tho is apparently that you can choose the free option, which gives a daily cap as well limited speed of 10 kilo/s, or you can subscribe for no cap and for faster speed starting at $4,99 for 7 days.

Uhm... while I understand that hosting costs moneyz, the way that is set up seems rather weird due to that whole issue of what sounds like if an user is not willing to keep their launcher running for hours to download a bit then the user is expected to pay some to access content provided by other users who perhaps have no share whatsoever in the money taken. And all that while the game is not really F2P (in which case it sure would be understandable that some way of monetizing has to be applied for a business to be able to operate).

Soo... while I like among other such type of games, that issue seems a bit too weird to me as to be interested in supporting such practice.

6 years ago

I can't see this as supporting those practices. I get a base game + a bunch of DLCs for a price lower than standard base game price.

To play any of those 10K user made routes you'll need a base game anyway, so...

6 years ago

Yeah, I understand that it is a big discount. But what I tried to point out is the fact that they advertise their game with free routes (even pointing out as if DLCs do not matter because so much free stuff), yet if one doesn't read up on it from other sources than that advertising, then one is presented all of a sudden with: "oh, you thought we let you download it for free at a different speed than a few kb? Ha!".

And I am not arguing whether that is false advertising or not as I am just saying that I personally find it somewhat... shady for them to be doing so, as if having a hidden fee to what they advertised to come with that game. And I personally simply do not care for paying even a tenner to someone trying to lure me into something that after all isn't really as they make it out to be, which I just tried to make clear about why I personally do not care for that game. If they would be at least straight out clear about that issue, then some may sure still find it weird, but at least they would be clear about it.

6 years ago

Compared to certain games with bunch of overpriced DLC, how far the difference is?

but well, I don't get the real meaning of simulator game anyway XD

6 years ago

I'll wait for -97%, thank you ;-)

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.