Help,
i was level 3 (3.10). Than i giftet nihilumbra and after that i was dropped to level 2 (2.56)
Thats not ok - how can i contact suppport to get back my correct level

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

8 years ago

some game dropped in value or was added to bundle list. nobody will correct your level :D

8 years ago

Best suggestion would be not to contact support :)
I'm guessing prices dropped for games that you have gifted,therefore your CV dropped.

8 years ago

Thats not ok - backwards remove points.
i know the site but really dont know what happened.

Really not funny - i have giftet a non bundled game and whenever it gets bundled i loose points ?!
Changing prices for games i have giftet in the past - very strang behaviour

8 years ago

No, it takes time to add new bundle games to the list, but if you made the giveaway after it has been bundled, it still affects you

8 years ago

Thats not the point. I was on lvl 3.1 for weeks with no activ gift - than i giftet another game - and suddenly i dropped for games i have giftet in the past.

8 years ago

i have giftet a non bundled game and whenever it gets bundled i loose points ?!

Like i said, whatever game it was, if the GA was created after it got bundled, you lose the points. it just so happens the list isnt constantly updated, but when it is and the bundled date is prior to your GA it will count as bundled
It doesnt have anything to do with you giving another game

And btw you dont loose the points, since your are only supposed to recieve 15% CV for Bundled games

8 years ago

Is that still retroactive to the previous two weeks as well? I remember reading something about that and until recently I didn't care, but a couple of weeks back I gave away a game that showed up in bundle for the first time <2d later. Not a big deal, I just thought to myself "should'a given it away sooner", but it did kinda suck.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Yeah, this is super dumb, the CV of the game should be saved, points should not be removed retroactively

8 years ago

Just because you managed to sneak in a bundle giveaway a couple of hours before the bundler wakes up and adds it to the list shouldn't mean you get to keep the CV...

8 years ago

thats just natural degradation, happens over time due processes like erosion.

8 years ago

i was lvl 3 once too ... but didn't bother contact support i doubt anyone will bother with it not that anything on this site is fair anyway ...

8 years ago

:'(

8 years ago

Once...like, more then 2 years ago?

Train Simulator 2016 : Steam Edition was bundled, Sep 18, 2013
you made the Ga´s on Sep 20, therefore they are bundled

8 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

That's a drawback of good games being bundled early nowadays. While their price on Steam is still fairly high and we can hardly think of them as of something of lower value, once they get bundled, their contribution value on this site goes down drastically. Although naturally bundle with such game is not available forever, contribution value of it stays low forever once it's bundled, for this very same reason, I personally don't think this is too fair, but hey we as regular users don't make the rules.

8 years ago

Well you might drop more cause of war operations.

8 years ago

How long have you been level 3.10? If it has been for a week or so, there might have been a bug that one of your old GA had a too high value.

8 years ago

i reached lvl-3 for over 2 month - therfore i´m really a little bit angry

8 years ago

That is really strange !?

So if i would game a gift 50,- i will get 50 points. Sometimes the game is bundled and i will loose over 40 points !!!
i have read the faq complete but could not find such a modus-descreption

8 years ago

games are considered "bundled" when they reach a 95% discount. it doesn't matter if the price drop is in USA , RU or SA, the lowest will make the game bundled.

the bundle list isn't updated instantly, it takes time to add titles, so some games aren't there and get added after months.

8 years ago

Some day that game will be sold for $20 and you will have $20 value.
That's how the site works. There has been no bugs.

8 years ago

No if you give away a game before its considered as bundled (because it is in a bundle or a 95% discount) you will always get full CV. If the base price of the game will be reduced over time you will loose CV but not if it gets bundled after you made your giveaway.

E.g. if you buy a copy of Witcher 3 and give away today you get 60$ CV. If it gets bundled in 1 month and the steam price is still 60$ you will still have the full CV of 60$. Because you made the ga before it was bundled.
If the price on steam drops to like 30$ your CV also drops the same amount.

Hope its understandable cause english is not my native language.

8 years ago

i was lv11 :'(

8 years ago

Caster was added to the bundle list a while back... that probably did it for ya. ;)

8 years ago

i was planning a 50-copies fallout 4 GA, but now i'm scared of the Bundler

View attached image.
8 years ago

When you have a non-bundled game sitting in your inventory:

View attached image.
8 years ago

Preach!

8 years ago

these are... hard times for unbundled games.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Gotta watch your back 24/7...

8 years ago

HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
then it got bundled when you are giving it away.

View attached image.
8 years ago

This one is soooo good with sound. :D

8 years ago

so let's add some sound.

8 years ago

Ooooo... you're good... -_-

XD

8 years ago

Happened to several games that were once in my inv. I refunded all I could and just gave away what I couldn't. :V

8 years ago

I was lvl 69, but then I took an arrow to the knee

View attached image.
8 years ago

Also my CV is stuck at $30!

8 years ago

^^^

8 years ago

Mine is stuck at $30.01 >_<

8 years ago

that feeling >-<

8 years ago

I SPENT $1 IN ABUNDLE TO GIBEAWAI WHERE IS MY $100000 CV? WHAT THE HELL MAN THIS SITE IS SO UNFAIR

8 years ago

"I made a GA for Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse DLC, and now im above 30$
Im so smart, i broke steamgifts"

8 years ago

Just got more. The list was probably just updated and something that should have been marked as bundled before, was not and gave you the false impression of having a higher level than you deserved. It happens to all of us and it is annoying but there is nothing that can be done about it.

8 years ago

99 Spirits special edition must have been added recently, I reported it like a month ago and they said they were going to add it to the bundler's queue

edit: I was right, 99 Spirits was added to the bundle list recently (it was bundled long time ago, that's why your CV went down)

8 years ago

He even bought it in that week's Weekly Humble Bundle to give away.

8 years ago

Yup, just edited :P

8 years ago

You are right:

99 Spirits - Steam Special Edition
Bundled effective since Jul 30, 2015
Added to bundle list on Oct 21, 2015

http://www.sgtools.info/lastbundled

8 years ago

'Tis better to have leveled and lost, than to have never leveled, No?
Repeating everyone else like a parrot though, you didn't "loose" anything. You were, through no fault of your own, cheating the site into level 3 because a game hadn't been added to the bundle list yet, or it's price went down on steam itself. You are now on par with where you should have been, not lower.

8 years ago

that's the second of the series "anything can be bundled any time and be marked with any date retroactively" rule today...

8 years ago

Someone should start a support group. "Level Losers Anonymous" (LLA) They could post private discussions to each other where they complain about how unfair the site is.

8 years ago

me: my nickname is vinirockman and i'm a level loser.
(...) awkward silence (...)
everyeone: hi vinirockman.

8 years ago

I still cant understand how ppl after 2 months on the site, still dont know how the site really works :/
actually I loose about 0,2 level each month it's more than ur loss so pls try to understand the system

8 years ago

The CV can go down for 2 reasons,

• The sale price, aka the base price, on the Steam store, went down. This doesn't happen so often but when it does, the CV will go down. There is nothing to be done about it, and no matter when you made the giveaway, current CV will reflect on current sale price.

• You made a giveaway of a game that was marked as bundled some time after you giving it away. The bundler is a lone ranger human, and can be slow to mark a game was bundled. Changes are retroactive to the day the game was bundled. What is a bundled game?. It was on a sale more than 94%. On Steam store, this will take into account Russian store prices and other regions as well. Elsewhere, this includes if the game was in a bundle. We're not talking about bundles on steam here, we're talking IndieGala, Humble Bundle, BundleStars, etc. Not all bundled games will be considered bundled. It just has to be at more than 94%. A game on the bundle list will only award 15% of the base price.

8 years ago

hug

8 years ago

Okay - lets close this
i didn´t look which game was faulty counted month ago.

I believe 99 Spirits was dropped after month - i only was shocked a little bit trying to enter a lvl-3 restricted game and got the error-message.

Thx for any helpful answer

8 years ago

Welcome to my world, we can cry, but that is all we can do. Better take it like a man. ^^

View attached image.
8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by freeFORme1964.