Having completed 5 of 18 trophies (reaching tier 1 of the Spring Cleaning badge) granted the Steam user a Spring Cleaning background, 3 emotes, and a mystery box. Description of the box states:

This item might be useful in a future sale.
Earned for participating in the Spring Cleaning Event in 2018.

Any guesses? Personally, I predict the mystery box will relate to Valve's new card game, Artifact, and perhaps Steam users who have the box may obtain an Artifact card or a card pack. Why cards? Well, Valve has released items with price tags for other games the company has developed. CSGO has skins, Team Fortress 2 has the hats, Dota 2 has market items on the community market (I am vague on what Dota 2 has). I cannot deny Artifact might have marketable cards in the future. Even though the description mentions the box might be useful in a future sale does not indicate the item must relate to a sale; just that an event coinciding with a Steam sale is possible such as if Valve released extra information about Artifact during the summer sale for example.

Edit: To add to my prediction, Artifact on the Steam store has a 2018 release date.
2018 Spring Cleaning event page
Spring Cleaning market items
Mystery box listing

Edit: The Mystery Box contained cosmetics for your alien in the Summer Sale 2018 minigame called Saliens.
https://steamcommunity.com/saliengame/play/

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

So, the big mystery box turned out to be a 3-cent cosmetic item. I hope everyone was happy for the returns of their idling work.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

I don't care the cosmetic items for the minigame so I think I'll keep the box as a collectible/rare item (yes I know it isn't tradeable/marketable)

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.