As the old thread was revived recently, I noticed how long "yesterday" has been really. Since that thread many well known faces left, many newcomers arrived and some left their mark on SG.

Now how does this work. You nominate another SG user, that, in your opinion, left a positive impact on Steamgifts. Maybe they created nice giveaways, maybe they put a lot of work in threads or events, maybe something else. For more background, take a look at the old thread.

So please nominate 1 or 2 (exception) lesser known heroes, who you think will be the community leaders of tomorrow and explain in a few words why (no explanation = no nomination).

Rules on nominees:

• more than 50 % public giveaways (and/or private forum giveaways open to the community)
  • clean sheet: no non activated games, no multiple wins, no vac bans
  • account age less than 8 years (old thread) This is a soft rule. If users were not active on SG most of the time (i.e. no GAs created or won), feel free to nominate them, as long as they were not nominee or nominator in the old thread.

Rules on nominators:

• clean sheet: no non activated games, no multiple wins, no vac bans
  • don’t nominate anyone who nominated you

Rules on support:

• feel free to support a nomination by +1 or something similar
  • if you have a major objection to a nominee, please do not start a drama in the thread, but contact the nominator or me in an old giveaway, to elaborate on your objection.

All valid nominees will be invited to a group (you will receive a friend request from me on Steam) and get access to a couple of, hopefully nice, giveaways - no clue yet what they will be.

In case you spot a non activation, please keep in mind, that games gifted directly on Steam are set to private.

No thread without a giveaway.

Edit 18th Feb 2024: Due to RL and some very nice people in UL7, I am not in the mood right now. I would probably see the users suggest here to critical and not invite some of them. I hope to rectify this in a couple of weeks.

3 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/imminiman
pretty good ratio and doing a lot of public gibs

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/ozo2003
for his train with a daily gib, going on for quite some time now

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/Ryahn
for his gibs of AAA and highly wanted games, his invite ones being behind puzzles

3 months ago*

So please nominate 1 or 2 lesser known heroes

I'm afraid you've exceed your limit of 1 or 2 πŸ˜ƒ I'm in the same bind because there are at least 5 members I'd like to nominate!

3 months ago

oh, just saw other people nominating 2 people and thought there isn't any limit.
But now as i looked for people, it's hard for me to shorten my nominations again, i have to think about this

3 months ago

Leave it at three. Bonus for being the first comment.

3 months ago

<3

3 months ago

Since ozo's and Ryahn's accounts are more than 8 years old, they technically don't qualify anyways. I'd still support their nomination though.

3 months ago

oh man, seems i missed some vital requirements

3 months ago

question is for those who took a long hiatus, do we ignore them because of account age.

3 months ago

If they came back with a blast, then feel free to nominate them. Will edit OP.

3 months ago

+1
ozo is clearly the biggest game changer when looking at the last few years.

3 months ago

+1 for ozo

3 months ago

+1 for ozo2003, even though he might not qualify due to 8 year rule.

3 months ago

- 1 for ozo xD
Because I remember xD

View attached image.
View attached image.
3 months ago

+1 for ozo
+1 for ryahn

3 months ago

+1 for ozo

3 months ago

+1 for ozo2003

3 months ago

+1 for Ryahn the TruckMaster.Nice GAs,discussions and vibes.

3 months ago

+1 for ryahn

3 months ago

+1 for ryahn
+1 for ozo

3 months ago

+1 for Ryahn, such a kind hearted person IMO. Gives newly released and high quality games often, some for everyone and some for unluckies only :)

3 months ago

+1 for ozo
+1 for ryahn

3 months ago

TomasMacMordain - Quite a recent member of SG, but every time i see one of his threads i know it's going to be something interesting. A user that always puts in great effort into making fun and intriguing puzzles, and gives away awesome games as prizes :)

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 as well, assuming the level cap of the old thread does not apply.

3 months ago

Technically they are a returning member but I absolutely support this nomination! :)

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

I love his puzzles even though I have problems sometimes. They get me to learn new things. +1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 Happy to see I didn't have to scroll very far at all to find this. His puzzles are definite 10/10

3 months ago

A big yes for TomasMacMordain and his creativity for his puzzles!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 love their puzzles!

3 months ago

+1 for gordon tomas!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 They definitely returned with a bang

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 as well! Amazing puzzles with amazing GA every time!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 even though I barely understand most of the puzzle, I can still appreciate the art and effort!

3 months ago

And another +1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

++

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+∞ and also abit awed and envious of how much he knows about sooooo many things
(β•―Λ˜ -˘ )β•―

3 months ago

+1 even tho I only solved one of his puzzles I still find them interesting and will give my best

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 Challenging puzzles with nice GAs

3 months ago

more than 50 % public giveaways

Does that include public groups such as: Unlucky-7, Playing Appreciated, Playing Matters, Positive Thoughts, SG Pillars, Elite One Giveaways, etc?

3 months ago

I doubt Pillars and Elite are openly public, as they have a ratio requirement
same with Playing groups as they will check your BALEO or how that thing is called
U7 isn't for the broad public either

3 months ago*

Good question. I tend to say no, as some of those (UL7, Pillars) are not really open to every user and it is quite hard to keep track of which GA is for which group.
If you have a borderline case, comment in an old giveaway of mine.

3 months ago

Nah, was just curious...

Will see if I can find some unsung hero ;)

3 months ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/MeeplesAndDragons

Good mix of giveaway types (pub, invite, group), and consistent.

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/scorkla

Technically this account is 10 years old but it seems like they took a 7 year break from the site and became active again 2 years ago so I hope that qualifies. Good puzzles and trains, good games.

3 months ago*

JMM72 - Created many GAs for some of the public threads on sg for over a long stretch of time.

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1!
Does he count as "lesser known", though? πŸ˜†

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 for JMM72.

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

small bump to bring this back to top.

3 months ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/Snake994
Very interesting and good puzzle maker, and I won a prize from him https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/6bs9o/god-of-war

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

But the account is a decade old and seems to have been active without a major break.

3 months ago

SG heroes - nominated people, who each giveaway is "Invite Only" (as a result ~100 joined). It's ironic.
It is sad that the positive effect for you is segregation into groups, or rather, even temporary whitelists, etc. In fact, these are the same hands for 5 friends that should not be counted. I don't deny the problems with bots (it's a pity that all the "Thanks to bots" don't fit into the list of 1000), but when I see some people giving away with the label "no winner" and 0 joining, I just can't help but be amazed at GREED.

3 months ago

@Dka1:

SG heroes - nominated people, who each giveaway is "Invite Only" (as a result ~100 joined). It's ironic.
It is sad that the positive effect for you is segregation into groups, or rather, even temporary whitelists, etc. In fact, these are the same hands for 5 friends that should not be counted. I don't deny the problems with bots (it's a pity that all the "Thanks to bots" don't fit into the list of 1000), but when I see some people giving away with the label "no winner" and 0 joining, I just can't help but be amazed at GREED.

Ironic, coming from someone who made 3 giveaways 2 years ago while winning 56, the last one 1 week ago.

You also didn't read the nomination rules apparently:

more than 50 % public giveaways (and/or private forum giveaways open to the community)

Those "forum giveaways open to the community" are invite only by the way.

3 months ago*

It is difficult to give something away when some sites have closed the payment, and the other simply prohibits access from my country))

That's the thing, I read it, Just what is this contribution per 100 people, or even 0?

3 months ago

@Dka1:

It is difficult to give something away when some sites have closed the payment, and the other simply prohibits access from my country))

That's the thing, I read it, Just what is this contribution per 100 people, or even 0?

They are publically available. You might have to solve a puzzle or similar but they're publically available. Not for bots though. And since at least 50% of their giveaways have to be public to be nominated, your argument is moot.

3 months ago*

It turns out that no more than 100 people can solve the puzzle? (Conditional) And sometimes 0.
Of course, I mostly try to solve riddles in the topic of indigala (not even new ones, just for fun), and I don't always cope, but after all, someone successfully solves and already writes about ninjas. But one day I decided to see what the individual themes in the "puzzles" were - as a result, after drawing up a simple picture of the bridge, nothing happened, however, I was not surprised - SG-tool has long made it clear to me that I am from the wrong country, so if something does not work again, well, okay. Even if I look like a "leech" in your eyes, I just don't want to arrange the distribution of keys from indigala or somewhere else, where I won't be sure of the key, so as not to bother with deleting it later ("loot boy" has already let me down, so you see only 3 distributions).

3 months ago

@Dka1:

It turns out that no more than 100 people can solve the puzzle? (Conditional) And sometimes 0.
Of course, I mostly try to solve riddles in the topic of indigala (not even new ones, just for fun), and I don't always cope, but after all, someone successfully solves and already writes about ninjas. But one day I decided to see what the individual themes in the "puzzles" were - as a result, after drawing up a simple picture of the bridge, nothing happened, however, I was not surprised - SG-tool has long made it clear to me that I am from the wrong country, so if something does not work again, well, okay. Even if I look like a "leech" in your eyes, I just don't want to arrange the distribution of keys from indigala or somewhere else, where I won't be sure of the key, so as not to bother with deleting it later ("loot boy" has already let me down, so you see only 3 distributions).

Public libraries are still public eventhough a lot of people don't go there and some people can't read. Public swimming pools are still public eventhough a lot of people don't go there and some people can't swim. Public puzzle giveaways are still public eventhough a lot of people don't use the forum and some people can't solve them. And you can learn how to read, swim and solve puzzles.

And I wouldn't necessarily call you a leech, if your personal situation simply doesn't allow for giving away games. But I will call you a hypocrite for criticizing people - and even calling them greedy - who are actually doing stuff for the community including events, puzzles, giveaways and more while you have done basically nothing.

Edit: you blacklisting me makes this even more ridiculous.

3 months ago*

I've read this topic, don't worry.

I'll just say that in your usual manner you don't know how to read carefully (although maybe the problem is on my side, because the translator will never be perfect). I'm talking specifically about the CONTRIBUTION of people with giveaways for 0 people, as well as for stable ones less than 100 (maybe they delete links, or just close, limits there or something else).
Also, if you open some of the nominees, there will ONLY be all distributions by invitation.
Besides, I didn't say that EVERY nominee is like that.

How do you know my contribution? At least I try my best to explain to people that we are here to play games, and not to breed anger on the Internet, and even more so some kind of segregation - actually this prompted me to write at least something here (I am not a particularly social person - the very essence of interaction is not very pleasant to me). Moreover, due to your non-uniqueness of the avatar and the fact that you somehow got blacklisted, it is doubly unpleasant for me to communicate, because I understand that your assertive rhetoric is not an accident.

Just try to be more positive and not react to other people's opinions so much. Screaming into a pillow is one of the good ways to emotionally relieve stress.

I suggest that we end the dialogue here, because I am not interested in disputes. However, if you are interested in communication, I have open profiles everywhere.

Edit: The fact that you are constantly editing and constantly recording my statements is doubly significant. Let me remind you once again that you have been on my list for a long time (1 year ago).

3 months ago

I'm talking specifically about the CONTRIBUTION of people with giveaways for 0 people, as well as for stable ones less than 100 (maybe they delete links, or just close, limits there or something else).

That second part includes people doing regular forum giveaways, some of which with sophisticated puzzles that take a lot of time and effort to make. Those are the ones I am mainly defending. If you're not talking about every nominee before your post, name the ones you're talking about so we can get down to the subject matter.

Just try to be more positive and not react to other people's opinions so much.

I don't care about your opinion. I care about your unfounded attacks on respectable members of the community. And telling me to "try to be more positive" while you're trying to derail a positive thread is beyond ridiculous.

The fact that you are constantly editing and constantly recording my statements is doubly significant.

I've had enough people delete their comments after arguing with me. You strike me as someone who might do that too so I am just making sure.

Let me remind you once again that you have been on my list for a long time.

I doubt it but it's insignificant anyways.

3 months ago*

You continue to be fanatical. There are not so many candidates that you, like me, can see them all, and who has all the distribution pages "by invitation only". Moreover, it is not very good to directly arrange a demonstrative discussion of specific people, I am talking about the situation as a whole - that you need to be more attentive to this issue, because despite the publicity you cannot check who joined, suddenly there are more than half of the same selected people. What kind of impact does this have ON THE ENTIRE SITE COMMUNITY if it's just a small interest group.

Once again, I ask you to reduce your aggression. For me, here's the news - I'm not interested in your opinion either. Where am I derailing the positive thread? The fact that even some of the nominees on my blacklist do not prevent them from holding all types of hands (even after 0 joined, they recreate for everyone (we will not consider the level a limitation)). So the whole point is to be open to more people, albeit with attempts to protect themselves from bots.

Of course, I also participated in some disputes, but what is the point of deleting messages? Moreover, I do not understand what is the point of writing a nickname under each message (in this thread, only we are with you, fortunately no one interferes)? In addition, you yourself noticed that you participated in a lot of disputes - so I understood your nature and asked you to be more positive and not argue with people all the time (you just don't even try to understand someone else's thought).

https://imgur.com/a/MZHXN3l

Edit: Try to write right away and not edit - I've been working with the translator for a while, because I'm trying to get my point across right away. Obviously, I will not find what you have corrected there - my answer is only to the version that I saw. If there is something wrong with the understanding, I will always write it in the next message. Perhaps this is your reason for distrust of others - you judge people by yourself.

3 months ago*

Can you please take this conversation else? It's getting tiresome and causing negativity in what's supposed to be a positive thread.

I don't know why you brought this topic up in the first place. From the op:

if you have a major objection to a nominee, please do not start a drama in the thread, but contact the nominator or me in an old giveaway, to elaborate on your objection.

3 months ago

It is strange that you are writing to me when it is clearly not me who is developing this topic at all. I have voiced a common problem. Some kind of oddity in the rules. And for some reason, after reading clearly not my messages, you started a "witch hunt". You have no idea how TIRESOME it is for me to answer.

3 months ago

You voiced a problem, which isn't valid for this thread and repeatedly showed a severe lack of capability in understanding correlations

3 months ago*

I was wondering when you were going to cling. However, you can read the thread and take it personally.

3 months ago

so you admit intentional trolling?

3 months ago

There are not so many candidates that you, like me, can see them all, and who has all the distribution pages "by invitation only"

Exactly. And every single one of these candidates named before your post is either doing a lot of obviously public giveaways or is well known for doing regular invite only giveaways in the forums - so public by definition of the rules as well. Just because YOU don't seem to know them and their threads and puzzles and events and contributions, it doesn't mean that you can attack them without any objection.

https://imgur.com/a/MZHXN3l

So be it. Like I said: insignificant anyways.

Edit:

Try to write right away and not edit

I will always edit typos and grammar and sometimes expressions to clarify. And I've added your quotes after the fact in my first posts. I never change the general message of my texts.

3 months ago*

I do not understand why you continue your harassment, when I have already said several times about the global nature of the problem - I do not need to point a finger at someone so that it is clear that the 100 who joined clearly does not apply to the entire site.
Just because YOU don't seem to know me, it doesn't mean that you can attack them without any objection.

This is my last message to you here - you are too fond of conflicts, and you have already spoiled the mood at least for me with your blind harassment.

Edit: That's why I'm asking you to write more thoughtfully so that you don't fix it later.

3 months ago*

you have already spoiled the mood at least for me

Happy to help. Bye.

3 months ago

There is a lot of problems all around sadly. If people would stop using scripts and actually check in 24 hours or so no problems would be had. No need for groups or invite only. But nothing is done about scripts and 1/3 or so public giveaways not checked within 5 days so it's a mess.

3 months ago

Suggestion: You make your own event, with your own giveaways and your own ideas how to regulate and pick candidates.

3 months ago

gotta be patient, bud

<3

3 months ago

Aren't most of the invite only ones trains?
I mean certainly not all are trains, but there have been a few 1000+ trains recently with a number of contributors that would all show as invite only which are public by nature...

3 months ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/Masafor
I just like to watch world burn.

3 months ago

I like masafor but I am pretty sure not 50%+ of his giveaways are open to public.

3 months ago

5% public

3 months ago

masa rocks and is way beyond simple stats...

3 months ago

^^^ This

3 months ago

lol

The Luv

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

As already mentioned, to little "public" giveaways. I understand his reasoning, but for the purpose of this thread I tend to a no.

3 months ago

Tbh, giveaways is last thing I watch from users and haven't even meant it as serious nomination, I just know it will make certain users mad ;)

3 months ago

<3

3 months ago

um my nomination is https://www.steamgifts.com/user/icaio
Maybe unpopular to some people like me because we talk a lot but I think they are a cool person.
Posts a lot of giveaways, including public. I don't know if 50% or more is public but they do post a lot of public giveaways.
They start some good conversations and promote a good vibe I think.
Overall friendly person.
As for someone recent that fits very nicely
https://www.steamgifts.com/user/noooba
I am sure some other people have noticed noooba. They have done some nice giveaways and most are open to public. Good ratio. Very kind and giving person. They even gifted me a game from my wish list.
I think either of these are positive forces in the community.
I saw the old thread and I am happy you decided to give it another go. Good luck to all. Cheers!

3 months ago

They have done some nice giveaways and most are open to public.

Sorry, but i'm a bit allergic to people doing region restricted GAs and i wouldn't call them "public"
look at the entries, these are group numbers

3 months ago

I'm sorry would you care to clarify? They have 30,000+ giveaways and from scrolling through several pages most are straight public or invite only that were posted in discussions he made open to public. I'm not really seeing this region restriction thing you are talking about. I do know it's almost impossible to find keys that are 100% unrestricted these days because everyone wants to be political it seems. To each their own. Or do you mean nooba? They are quite new and learning everything but they are doing quite well I think. I think a lot of their giveaways have been gifts. Gifts are heavily restricted due to pricing. I had to learn all the ins and outs of that myself.

3 months ago*

sorry, i think my quote was to short, but it's from your second paragraph and i wasn't talking about icaio

Edit:

I think a lot of their giveaways have been gifts.

maybe that's true for some, but a lot are also from Humble Choice and checking the regional restrictions of the keys, they aren't that harshly restricted

3 months ago*

Haha I try to help Noooba learn the in's and out's of doing giveaways. I think over time they will get the hang of everything and like I say be a good positive force in the community. I think some people say keys are restricted just to their region like US/CA because it's a lot easier than clicking 50 or so options and possibly still be wrong. It's kind of lazy and I did it a few times myself. haha
If you are talking about Tomas' puzzle I heard it is A Major pain. haha

3 months ago

I played friggin A major up and down, solo, on a flute and even farted it, shit's not working

Yes, it's the lazy approach and seeing the entries, these GAs aren't public in my opinion, because they exclude like almost the whole world

3 months ago

noooba is still new and absolutely willing to learn and thankful for advice. Give her some time.

Offtopic:

I played friggin A major up and down

Did you play the right thing in A major though?

3 months ago

It's not about noooba per se
It's more about how i wouldn't call RR GAs public

I played just A major LUL, whatever fuck this

3 months ago*

Like WaxWorm said I think there is more to it but I was not overly interested in the game so I only gave it a cursory attempt.

3 months ago

I love Monkey Island, i grew up with it, but the puzzle isn't worth the headache and i already have a huge backlog

3 months ago

+1 for noooba

3 months ago

icaio is unfortunately very far away from the 50% rule :D

https://www.sgtools.info/sent/icaio

3 months ago

hm but that only accounts for about 60% of his giveaways you can easily compare
18320 > 31543
$9,735.19 > $16,044.52
So I can't put much faith in the link you shared honestly. And I am a bit lazy to go through 30,000+ giveaways myself and figure it out. I am pretty sure he is a shining light regardless. Just my 2 cents. Not trying to stir things up. :D

3 months ago

First of all: I totally agree with you :)

Actually his giveaways according to his profile page are 20,583. The 31,543 are due to multi copy giveaways (not sure if Oppenheimer would count a 10 copy public giveaway as 10 giveaways or one)

Not sure where the remaining difference comes from, maybe giveaways with 0 entries?

3 months ago

hm I dunno good questions

3 months ago

+1 for icaio

3 months ago

+1 for both

3 months ago

+1 for both
Most valuable Steam Gifts member and it's not even close in icaio (and a great friend as well), and noooba is unquestionably the most open hearted newer member.

3 months ago*

+1 for icaio

3 months ago

+1 for both

3 months ago

+1 for both, great people!

3 months ago

Totally agree, these are nice members of this community. +1 for both

3 months ago

+1 for icaio.A nice guy indeed.

3 months ago

icaio

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 for icaio β˜•

3 months ago

Unfortunately I can't nominate anyone I can think of because of the 50% public rule, so just have a bump :)

3 months ago

I already fail to come up with names that are younger than 8 years old, haha. We Elders struggle with learning new names!

3 months ago

I opened my whitelist to pick a name. It only made me feel nostalgic.

3 months ago

Good idea. Though I fear that the majority of my wl is quite dated too. πŸ˜…

3 months ago

It's kinda sad to see people with "Last Online 7 years ago" indicator. :)

3 months ago

I was just going to type that. Everyone that comes up in my head, who doesn't have an account over 8 years, has either been nominated or doesn't pass the 50% public rule, for reasons that have nothing to do any kind of exploit of the site or whatever is the problem with not making GAs for the bots, I mean.

3 months ago

TomasMacMordain
Let me cry like a baby with his brilliant puzzle!
Ryahn
Nice storytelling and puzzles:)

3 months ago

I was about to mention someone too, but it seems that most important gifters switched to private giveaways lately...

3 months ago

Private giveaways count as long as they're open to the community.

more than 50 % public giveaways (and/or private forum giveaways open to the community)

3 months ago

invite only does help filter out bots/autojoiners... it gets old seeing someone constantly online and not accepting their wins for days after sending.

I know most(tbh I think all of them) of my invite only GA's are fairly open(mostly no rule breakers/previously ratio requirements(mostly abandoned for newer), or simply events(like PAGYWOSG)), I am sure many others are similar.

3 months ago

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

ozo2003 He is very consistent, his train is still going. I don't even remember how long he continues the giveaway train.

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

I'm going with some generous people from my whitelist:

maybe not really new members, maybe not the most talkative, but boy oh boy do they giveaway a lot of games!

Delisper
ginwarbear (100% public ga's!)

also: I hope you have just as much fun with it as me and Fruitbean had all the way back then!

3 months ago

+1 for Delisper.

3 months ago

+1 for both of 'em.

3 months ago

I nominate wigglenose(https://www.steamgifts.com/user/wigglenose) for organizing the unofficial Christmas trains and doing a lot of public giveaways.

3 months ago

I was about to nominate wigglenose but you already did(and hours before me too).So here it is:
+1 for wigglenose.Nice GAs,discussions and overall good vibes.Not to forget the Awesome community trains and puzzles.

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

Foxpile

She left SG for a long while and deleted her account, but she's back. Just a genuinely nice person and avid gamer I always enjoy seeing around the site.

3 months ago

+1

edit: whitelisted ya!! l ooooooooooooooo l

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1!
And a great sense of humor too

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 !!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

Many great users nominated already, and even many of the users in this thread would deserve a nomination.

I'll choose one of the people already contribting in this thread above, I'll nominate Almostn33t. They are quite new to the site, only joined 4 months ago, but have been very active, positive, engaging in the forums, making lots of GAs, GA trains and a variety of cool puzzles. And they fit the "more than 50 % public giveaways" rule, as this is probably the toughest rule, and as many others that came to mind for nominating don't quite meet that.

I'll also add a nomination for canis39. An absurd number of given games, most of which are public, very active on this site and the forums, great user, and fits in the "less than 8 years on this site" category.

3 months ago*

+1 for both your nominations.

3 months ago

+1 +1 :D

3 months ago

Also +1 and +1

Very helpful in forums too for dummies like me! haha.

3 months ago

+1 for both<3

3 months ago

+1 to both

3 months ago

+1 for both

3 months ago

Canis is here less than 8 years?! oO Oh, wow!
+1000 for Canis! One of the best users at SG

3 months ago

+1 for canis39

3 months ago

+1 to both

I consider canis one of the pillars of this community and Almostn33t, while still new, has taken to SG like a fish to water. Nothing but admiration for both.

3 months ago

+1 both :D

3 months ago

+1 for Canis.

3 months ago

+1 for canis39

3 months ago

sempre amico canis-o, sempre.

+ 1 milione di gratta e vinci

3 months ago

TomatePourrie

An unsung hero for sure. That's probably by his own design, so I hope he doesn't mind me shining a spotlight on him.

74% of his giveaways are public, and the games are always really nice. I've talked with him a few times, and I got the impression that he wants to get people excited and make them happy with a nice win. He's just a good dude.

There were at least 5 other people I wanted to mention, but they all have a fairly big presence on the forum, so I'm sure someone else will eventually give them a nomination.

3 months ago*

thank you, noice catch

obv wanted to nominate this fireball here, but from lil i know you, just like your Tomate nominee, you don't like that much the light...

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 a well-deserved nomination!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

I nominate this guy ^^.

Over 50% public + private for the community, and almost 20% full-value games, which is pretty incredible in this golden era of game bundles. Also was all over the place giving away games in the recent 'bundled games you've been trying to win' thread.

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

Absolutely +1

3 months ago

+1
I'll never get over the fact insideAfireball's account is only a year old!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

haha +1

3 months ago

+1

+1 (bonus even if it doesn't count probably the friendliest person here!)

3 months ago

+1!!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

hes very sweet! +1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1 for insideAfireball (thanks again for the giveaway for among the sleep that you made and I won ;) )
Active giver and also active on the forum, always posting about promos and participating with the community!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

I would like to nominate MadNinja
He has an amazing give/won ratio.

3 months ago

He hasn't made GAs in a while though. He is starting to be active again so maybe he took a hiatus.

3 months ago

Nominee 1: sensualshakti - this user always helps us by providing edited tables of bundled games. (I couldn't check the ratio of public GAs, tried SGtools but couldn't see if private GAs were included in the trains or not.)
Nominee 2: Lugum - this user creates a giveaway which can be accessed by solving a puzzle. So frequently enough we can see this kind of GA held, day by day.

Both of them have been here for more than 8 years, but their CVs are definitely high enough. And I couldn't think of anyone else at the moment.

3 months ago

+1 for both

3 months ago*

+1

3 months ago

+1 for Lugum

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

To call those two members "lesser known" is a bit of a stretch. Every regular on the forum who hasn't seen their threads should get new glasses.
So while I support both nominations in principle they don't meet the criteria.

3 months ago

+1, but as hbarkas above mentions they don't quite meet the criteria
Edit: meant to reply to sengda2000's comment

3 months ago

True... but cannot think of anyone else until now.

3 months ago

+1 o wanted ti nominate sensual Shakti myself, but I couldn't since it was a decade-old account

3 months ago

Same. Everyone that came to mind was over 8 years or already nominated by someone else.
Lilly was the first that popped in my head.

3 months ago

+1 for sensualshakti

3 months ago

Picking Dominicanoed for my second nominee. Huge number of gibs, almost all public and mostly for mid-levels in SG which is always nice to see.

3 months ago

+1 Fantastic choice!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

Not really new, but didn't make it onto the old list, so here we go: grez1!

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

+1

3 months ago

Awwwwww...thanks!!!

3 months ago

+1
Can't believe Grez has been here "only" as long as I've been!!
Talk about an integral part of SG. I thought he was one of the pillars. And he is.

3 months ago

can't go wrong, here, lol

+1

3 months ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/NoctuaVentus
I'm giving Noctua Ventus their flowers because he or she took upon themself to update and maintain the unofficial SG app

3 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.