Is a VTX3D HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 X-Edition any good for gaming? because i have a Nvidia Gefore GT 630 and its a peace of shit for gaming. And i was just wondering if i should change to ATI Radeon

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

AMD Radeon HD 6970 - Benchmark Results You can also compate graphics and processors here.

There's comparassion between AMD Radeon HD 6970 & NVIDIA GeForce GT640 (NVIDIA GeForce GT630 isn't in option).

I don't know a lot about AMD graphics cards, because I care only about NVIDIA, so I can't help more.

But I would recommend NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660TI or NVIDIA GeForce GTX670, if you got that much money.

1 decade ago

Yeah i like Nvidia too but i have always had trouble with them

1 decade ago

What trouble? It doesn't mean NVIDIA is bad. You just had a bad luck. I have NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT in my older computer from 2006, and it's still working.

1 decade ago

If you can spare the money I would recommend getting the xfx 7970 3gb I got the 1050 base clock but if you're interested in radeons then its a great card if im not mistaken there about the same or close to a GTX 670 if not the 7000 series is still good too

1 decade ago

Yeah true i looked at a 7850 and its pretty good and its a pretty decent price to ($209)

1 decade ago

It just really depends on what types of games you want to play and how well of a FPS you want because the higher you go generally the better your going to get for newer games and such like me it was a lot but i paid about 400 for my radeon hd 7970 3gb 1050 base clocks but I need the power for recording, streaming game play and just all arous playing new games. Also if your trying to save money for a card like the 7850 go on newegg if you havent already there having christmas sales on certain cards thats how i got mine!

1 decade ago

Yeah I'm gonna wait a bit see how low the Radeon 7850 2GB DDR5 can drop in price and ill wait till after Christmas

1 decade ago

6970 would have you able to run nearly every game available on ultra. its a solid card. what kind of price are you going to pay for it?

1 decade ago

Dont buy it off ebay for one

1 decade ago

Ok

1 decade ago

and if newegg will deliver to australia i would say abandon the idea of getting a 6 series altogether because it looks like you arent saving any money. i'd get the 7850, the 78 series is essentially the same as the 69 series except that it is more power efficient and slightly cheaper. also i've never heard of that "vtx3d" brand before so who knows what kind of customer service hoops theyll make you jump through if you get a dud. my suggestion is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127663 msi has good customer service and this card comes with an excellent cooling system, xfx asus gigabyte and sapphire also review pretty high on reliability. pcgamer.com says the 7850 is the best value you can possibly get this generation so i'd trust them because theyre smart. =)

1 decade ago

Look for a 7870. It costs about 220-250$, performs better than the 6970 and uses less power.

1 decade ago

i see what you did there :)

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

This would be the best option pretty much.

1 decade ago

Ok ill have a look

1 decade ago

If you can still find one that isn't out of stock on Newegg you can get a 7870 Ghz Edition for $209, little cheaper and saves money so yeah :)

1 decade ago

First of all you have to be sure that there isn't any bottleneck like CPU and ram, second wath out for your PSU and its power output (the 6970 need much more energy than the 630).

1 decade ago

Yeah I'm gonna buy a Corsair Builder Series CX 500w power supply

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by CheesGod.