That's the number of games (and dlc, etc...) I've marked 'not interested' on the steam store! :D @_@

There's so much garbage on Steam now (and a lot of probably decent stuff that I'm just not interested in that it's hard to find anything without hiding it. When I joined Steam I think there were something like 2,000 games on Steam, and it was fairly well curated. With 16,000 hidden, I'm scared to see how many are actually on Steam now.
Whenever I hide a giveaway on SG, I click the store link and mark it 'not interested'. Due to the 'explore your queue' tasks during the summer sale I noticed that i was close.

-

How many games have you guys marked 'not interested' on the Steam store?

-

And of course I've made some giveaways to celebrate!

Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman: Absolution
The Haunted: Hells Reach 6 copies 😱
Prey 2017

-

EDIT: lext has made a handy userscript that makes going through the discovery queue and marking things and wishlisting them a lot easier/faster
Discovery Queue userscript: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/ucV5UVs

-

Thanks to my OCD, I had to even up the other numbers on the page too xD

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How many games have you marked 'Not interested'

View Results
1-99
100-499
500-999
1,000-1,999
2,000-4,999
5,000-9,999
10,000-16,000
Over 16,000?!

500+ but only because I can't be bothered to click "not interested" on every shitty game I see: I would spend most of my time clicking that button otherwise.

6 years ago

I have apparently manually selected 1, though I have no idea what it is. I filter my queue though, so instead of the ~32499 that could be shown, I only see ~8292. That means as of this writing I have >24k hidden :)

6 years ago

I don't know I mark 'Not interested' sport games or millitary propaganda.

6 years ago

I'm not a fan of sports games usually either.

6 years ago

I finally broke down and added filters to my queue (not sure how many that hides for me) but damned if Steam didn't still show me VR and multi-player games anyway. I currently have 425 marked as not interested but that's just because I'm too lazy and/or too impatient to wait for the "not interested" button to update - especially during sales.

6 years ago

The 'not interested' button is pretty much instant for me. The only time it slows a bit is during the big sales

6 years ago

Bump!!

6 years ago

Thanks for showing me The Haunted: Hells Reach. It looks really cool, arcadish and relaxing, and I definitely want to play it.
(Bump!)

6 years ago

Good luck!

6 years ago

Not interested in 615. But I've also only been through 1700 games in my explore queue so about 1/3 seems pretty reasonable.

I typically only NI games I know I'd never play. I don't bother marking the ones that look okay but I don't want to buy.

6 years ago

14,963 right now

6 years ago

Just a little bit more and you'll make it

6 years ago

Congrats! ... ?

6 years ago

6 years ago

Damn already over 1000 while having over 2.5k games visited. .

6 years ago

I made a Userscript to add hotkeys for Steam Discovery Queue navigation. It makes going through the queue a lot faster. Press [W] to add the game to your wishlist, or [S] to mark it as Not Interested. Press [D] to go to next Queue item. By default it will automatically go to the next item after you press a hotkey, but you can change that in the Customize your queue dialog box.

Works with or without Enhanced Steam.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/31394-steam-hotkeys

6 years ago

That sounds very useful thanks!

It's been a while since I did any coding, how would I go about changing the buttons? I see the three keys commented out //, but can't remember/figure out how to change them.
Also a back key might be useful too, although not a big deal

Edit: After using it a bit, the default buttons are just fine. It works great so far, I appreciate it :)

6 years ago*

I uploaded a new version which makes it easy to change the hotkeys if you still want to. Check out the Hotkeys variable right near the top and you should be able to figure out how to change it.

6 years ago

Nice, thanks for the update :)

Now you just need to make it mark any dlc 'not interested' if you mark the game

Thanks again! I put a link to your post here in the OP so others can find it easier, and whitelisted you too btw :D

6 years ago*

Thanks. I often scan the reviews when judging a game, so I made a new update that adds a hotkey for jumping to the Reviews section. Tapping the hotkey again goes back to the top.

6 years ago*

Looks like you added a bunch of other hotkeys too. Keep up the good work :)

6 years ago

Hey there, I've been getting a lot of use out of your script, thanks! The new Firefox update seems to have broke it though :/
Any ideas how to fix it?

Edit: Hmm, it seems some other scripts are broken too. Maybe it's greasemonkey that is having trouble with the new firefox.

6 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

6 years ago

At first I thought you were talking about monkeys in Final Fantasy :D

I just updated to v57, don't remember which I was on before that but they weren't broken then. Hopefully they'll hurry up and fix it. It's annoying when they fix something but break a bunch of other things. They also made a lot of unnecessary changes to the style and won't let me clear most of the junk off the menu bar :/

Thanks for confirming though

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

I only mark games as 'not interested' if they're games that are in my favored genres (mostly VNs) that I know I don't like (mostly titty VNs). Otherwise, I just pass them in the queue. I think I've gone through about 6,000 games in the queue.

6 years ago

I like VNs, but for me at least it's sometimes hard to tell the pervert ones apart from the normal ones :/

6 years ago

For me, it's pretty easy:
If the women in the game look like they're twelve and it's a romance sim, if their clothes are fucking ridiculous, or if their titties look like the author has never seen a human woman before and has no idea what gravity is or how fabrics behave, it's a titty game, full stop.

I have very little patience for that kind of grotesqueness, it's so creepy.

6 years ago

Well, a lot of them are blatantly obvious, yeah. But sometimes it doesn't come through unless you check the community hub :/
I agree, it can get really disturbing x_x

6 years ago

Have 1379 marked as not interested. But I am an average gamer with no skills to speak of (cannot deal with speed or any sort of coordinated task) so avoid games with the following words: platformer, metroidvania, action intense, arcade, shooter etc. Does not take me long to decide if I can play the game or not :)

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

6 years ago

I always forget to use this feature. I suppose this is as good a time as any to change that. Lots of trash is just waiting to get sorted.

6 years ago

I'm curious to see how many games are available on Steam. And I'm sure dlc is magnitudes worse x_x

6 years ago

Bump :)

6 years ago

Bump!

6 years ago

I've another way of solving this problem. I just buy all the crap games so they won't be suggested to me, but buying more crap makes them suggest even more crap to you, so I lose hard. 😓

6 years ago

I used to buy bundles all the time, so the junk was hidden like you said. But when I stopped buying bundles I was overwhelmed! xD

6 years ago

Bump for giveaways

6 years ago

Bump for giveaways

6 years ago

Thanks for Skyrim

6 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by Xiangming.