no contribution needed for this puzzle, no leaking etc.

This puzzle was made for this thread.

Open for about a week.

the hints included in the puzzle should be enough and there are multiple answers for each question.

7 days should be long enough to complete the puzzle.

Update2: ok since waiting is boring, here is the end puzzle that leads to the giveaway url after you solve my 5 question quiz

The giveaway code is the representation of the absolute value of x plus Santa's favorite word being shouted.
Hint: remember what characters can't go into a giveaway url

The next person who solves the giveaway code puzzle and posts a comment in my RIP trilogy giveaway thread will get to face the original solver of the puzzle for fortix.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

onest

1 decade ago

*honest

1 decade ago

*hornets

1 decade ago

i cant see where is the puzzle...im idiot or something?...

i found somthing...but dunno what to do with it..

1 decade ago

Thanks for the "puzzle".

1 decade ago

bump for fixing broken parts

1 decade ago

need some more players for this puzzle

1 decade ago

I don't even know how to start, translating the code results in garbage.

1 decade ago

one man's garbage is another man's puzzle

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Got to the puzzle, but I already have the game. So bump and good luck guys. :D

1 decade ago

two days left, will add a fortix giveaway to the gibwai if there any solvers

1 decade ago

So... i don't know how to begin...
Thx anyway

1 decade ago

there's no puzzle it seems to me

1 decade ago

Solved the itstoohard puzzle just to get another "puzzle" -.-
by absolute value do you mean the number of the letter in the alphabet (representing the position)??
pointing out lower and upper case (such as giveaway/xXXxx would help as well), am totally stuck here

1 decade ago

Edit: now that was tricky, but i finally made it to the giveaway :) need to check whether i like the game and enter though

1 decade ago

would have been too easy otherwise except maybe the second question which i figure should have been giving people the most trouble but still all hints

1 decade ago

haha i got the answer for Q2 on the first try without even looking at the hint ^^

1 decade ago

lol, the hint does ofc make sense though

1 decade ago

I reached the puzzle and it has the two things I hate the most in a quiz: obvious anwser that needs to be put in a very particular way (question 1, I'm pretty confident about my answer, cf wikipedia page, but it doesn't accept it) and questions requiring mind-reading abilities (OK Q5 is rather obvious, but how am I suppose to guess what is YOUR favorite turn-based RPG producer?)

In conclusion, I'm sincerely grateful for your quiz but I'll pass.

1 decade ago

old styled turn based rpg like i said in the question narrows it down quite a bit and there are multiple answers eg multiple studios that will work, so just have to search a bit more for that

and no there are many many answers for the first question (over a dozen), you need to think a little harder than that for q1

1 decade ago

Hmmm ok I'll give it a try.

1 decade ago

ok but there are only three hours left so good luck

1 decade ago

...i cant pass the first one u.u

and dont understand q2...

1 decade ago

q2 is meant to be one of the harder ones, first one you got to fully understand it, but there are many right answers

1 decade ago

problem is that...im not english speaker so... xD..it's very difficult lol xD

i got and idea in q1...but im just trowing names and genres and all are wrongs xD

q3 and q5 got them u.u
it's imposible to solve in base at your life and what u like... in q4..u r telling me about a turn base game from a company that u don't have any game of it in your more time played games... I have to brute force answers with some luck...beeing from other country... Same for q1...and q2...uff... u.u... i surrender...tried a lot but u won this time :p.

1 decade ago

Sorry, I can't solve this, this is not about logic, it's about your preferences, there's only one thing logic, and was to check your profile, but with your profile we can only solve one of the questions, and it's one about one of your preferences...

I'm out.

1 decade ago

the third question is pretty logical as is the first question and both have nothing do with my preferences.

the second question has nothing to do with me either

perhaps the fourth question could be more genre specific but making it too specific would also make it too obvious

1 decade ago

bump for your chance to face me in the fortix heads-up

1 decade ago

bump #2

1 decade ago

ok since waiting is boring, here is the end puzzle that leads to the giveaway url after you solve my 5 question quiz

The giveaway code is the representation of the absolute value of x plus Santa's favorite word being shouted.

Hint: remember what characters can't go into a giveaway url

The next person who doesn't have fortix and posts on the giveaway will duel forfortix
also: answers for the five question quiz

1. mallcore, breecore, a lot more core genres, then some shit bands which fall into them like iwrestledabearonce and suicide silence
  2. hey and a lot of its variations in case you all wanted to add more, the question was a reference to this and the hint was four black girls(non blondes) and 4 non blondes made the original song with the prominent lyric
  3. three, 3
  4. spiderweb software is the only one i remember
  5. qetc, qetcyipm
1 decade ago

"the third question is pretty logical as is the first question and both have nothing do with my preferences.
the second question has nothing to do with me either
perhaps the fourth question could be more genre specific but making it too specific would also make it too obvious"

Question 1 =

You said:
"and no there are many many answers for the first question (over a dozen), you need to think a little harder than that for q1"

used: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rock_genres , you said "multiple answers"

Question 2 = As a reference to the past "I said" with 4 "tribal/afro" women makes the logical choice something related to Q1 to "afro rock, tribal rock"

Question 3 = that's not logical at all it's common sense... you only have to type what it said

Question 4 =
You answered to eduelmago:
"old styled turn based rpg like i said in the question narrows it down quite a bit and there are multiple answers eg multiple studios that will work, so just have to search a bit more for that"

You have nethack developers, dwarf fortress developers(rpg mode, hardcore rpg, turn based, actually continues being developed, this one has a very VERY IMPRESSIVE DEEP DEVELOPMENT, something I never seen before) AND A LOT of more known... for me... I don't know what style/experience you have, I even tried Wizards of the Coast...
For me there's a lot of more known developers, I never heard about "spiderweb" nor any of their games and I'm surfing the web since year 2000...

Question 5 = entering your profile it's the first thing you see.

As a proof of my own interpretation, only 1 player joined your giveaway... I'm not so wrong...

1 decade ago

first off, more people probably would have solved this if I offered a better game as a prize or didn't reveal off the bat in the quiz that the prize was just a bundle game.

1. And there are multiple answers. I just figured the dude googled that the video was called metal by numbers and just put 'metal' as his answer but actual metal isnt what makes brian posehn do metal by the numbers, the poser genres and bands parodied in the video such as mallcore and metalcore are. Also some of the answers are in that list such as metalcore, i didn't copy and paste all of the answers but there were many of them and if you actually understood what was being parodied in the video, it would not be too hard to answer.

2. who said these questions were related

3. still logic just very basic

4a. Like i replied to you I probably could have been more specific in the genre that they make, but you had the opportunity to solve this question by looking at my profile as well. You could go look at my total steam game playtime and see that I had around 40 hours of playtime on one of their games and used that as an answer because none of the nearby games with large amounts of playtime fit the question parameters.

Also, considering spiderweb's games are in many indie bundles including humble bundles and this site is about gifting games, including many bundle games, they would hardly be completely unknown for the general population of this website which this quiz was made for.

So only two questions were preference based and even those could be found by looking at my profile.

1 decade ago

still no one ?

1 decade ago

idk its either 2 hard or people arent reading

1 decade ago

maybe they do if you put "Update" in bold letters

1 decade ago

y u no read?
@ qetc: did you send a ticket to support to make sure that special rules (only 2 entrants) will apply to your fortix giveaway?

1 decade ago

haha nvmnd, you can of course send the private link just to us, add me on steam i need sleep now

1 decade ago

I got it!

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 9 months ago.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 9 months ago.

1 decade ago

this was the puzzle at the end of my original its too hard puzzle; instead of being given the link directly when you solved it you were given that text which would lead to the giveaway link which you found.

I decided to just put the end puzzle here because it was taking too long to get a second solver

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by qetc.