So last year I had the idea of running a secret santa event for the people of steamgifts. It went amazingly and I think everyone had fun and loved the gifts they received. This year I want to open the group up again for another year of secret santa. People who were in the group last year have gotten priority as joining members but there is still plenty of spaces left for new people to join.

What is it?

So I saw reddits version of secret santa and thought it would be great if we did another version of this for steamgifts. So I created this steam group. This is a group made for people who enjoy gaming and can give awesome games to others who would enjoy them. This is made to enjoy the spirit of christmas and of sending gifts to each other.

How does it work?

Sometime during December everyone will be given another member of the group randomly that they are to send a game gift to. This will give plenty of time for the person to buy a game for their allocated person. The game will need to be delivered to the user on or within 5 days of christmas (25th december) or up to 5 days before christmas day. The gifter must create a private giveaway on steamgifts for the person to enter to ensure no exploitation.

Group page

Rules

• Minimum Contributor Level of 4.
  • Only give games as presents.
  • An updated steam wishlist with at least 30 games on it and none that you already own. The top 10 games should be ranked properly. You should be respectful and put games of various price points on there and not just $60 AAA releases on there. Wishlists should be fully updated before 10th December to stop exploitation. If any of these rules aren't followed you will be kicked from the group.
  • Upon joining the group, an initial unbundled giveaway of at least $10 non sale value will be need to be created within 48 hours to ensure you are trustworthy. You may make more steamgifts giveaways after this but it is not needed. (I didn't want to do this but I don't want the group to be exploited and couldn't figure out a better way to check people are trustworthy).
  • The gift sent to your allocated partner must be an unbundled game of at least $10 value when not on sale, and must be on the persons wishlist.(This is to ensure fairness and to make sure no one exploits the group).
  • The gift sent to your allocated partner must not be exploited or have had a price error at any point.
  • The gift you receive must be activated on your own account and is not to be sold or to be given to anyone else.

There is currently a group limit of 50 and I will close the group when it reaches this amount.

Please comment if you qualify and wish to join the group. Also feel free to ask if you want anymore details of the group.

Sorry for the late organization of secret santa this year. Invites probably will only be open for a week or so because of this so comment quick if you are interested in joining.

Edit: Invites are going to be closing on the 8th December.

Tl;DR: There is none. Read or leave.

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is there still some place for a little zombie? :3

8 years ago

+1 ^^

8 years ago

There just might be!

8 years ago

edit: nevermind i spent all my money on a new computer.

8 years ago*

Seems like I'm a VIP. Got in before others and didn't even need to post here, haha. I hope this year's event is even better than the one last year. The one last year was very fun :D

8 years ago

May I join once again this year?

8 years ago

Of course :D

8 years ago

This sounds really fun! Count me in. :D

8 years ago

Added you. Message me when you accept :)

8 years ago

Sounds like fun, I'll join :)

8 years ago

Herro =) I'd like to join the party :^)

8 years ago

For some reason you've blocked me :(

8 years ago

Woot xD

8 years ago

Very weird... I know we've traded before... Unblocked.. But why did i block you xD

8 years ago

Honestly have no idea. But added you now :)

8 years ago

This is a good idea but I'm not eligible (and these days I can barely make both ends meet and ensure that I have enough to pay my bills and to keep myself fed). But anyways good luck to all, hope you send awesome gifts to each other :D

8 years ago

I would like to share the spirit of christmas too =)

8 years ago

I just noticed that this "The gift sent to your allocated partner must not be exploited or have had a price error at any point." disqualifies "Ori and the Blind Forest". One of the few price bugs I actually noticed xD

Just mentioning because I think quite a few people could be wishing for this game.

8 years ago

I mean ori and the blind forest was only on a price error of 75%. This is kinda a normal sale amount. So personally I wouldn't say no to people using this game to giveaway.

8 years ago

I'd like to join, if there's still room. Thanks!

8 years ago

I'd like to join

8 years ago

Minimum Contributor Level of 4.

Unfortunately yours is too low. :(

8 years ago

Broke and unable to join, but have a bump.

8 years ago

I like the idea. Don't think I can manage the timings etc so I won't join. But it's a very good idea. Kudos!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Awesome idea. Count me in. I meet all the requirements (or should). So shoot me a message if you'll take me :>

Wishlists should be fully updated before 10th December to stop exploitation.

And does this mean we can't add more games to our wishlist?

8 years ago*

You can add more after 10th, but you can't remove the first 30 games that were in your WL before 10th.
In other words - the first 30 games on your wishlist must be added before December 10th. The date is always visible so it won't be a problem to check it.

8 years ago

Thanks for the explanation!

8 years ago

^

8 years ago

After reading PsychoClown's response, I have concluded that I would still like to participate. Let me know if you'll have me, if not, that's understandable since it's your event :P

8 years ago

Invited :)

8 years ago

I'd love to join again if you'll have me. ^_^

8 years ago

Of course :D

8 years ago

May I join?

8 years ago

already in way too many event and groups.. not gonna apply this time.. Keep up the great work though!

8 years ago

i liked it last year...reporting for duty. :)

8 years ago

TheIronicGamer reporting with an invite back into the group :)

8 years ago

thanks for organizing it again

8 years ago

I loved being a part of this last year and hopefully I can join again! Thanks Ironic!

8 years ago

Invited you :)
Happy to have you back :)

8 years ago

Can I join the Santa Party ?

8 years ago

Yes you may :)
Added you. Please message me when your online!

8 years ago

I'd like to join in on the secret santa action!

8 years ago

I will like to join too :)

8 years ago

Bump for it's been a while, cool idea, I'll let others participate, though :)

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.