https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat/elite1984.html

"For the 35th anniversary of Elite 1984, we want to look back and celebrate each and every Commander who has shared this incredible ride with us.
Haven't had the chance to earn your wings in the iconic Elite? You can claim your free copy for PC and Mac on the Frontier Store here."

"Package includes a disk image of the original Elite for BBC Micro B; BeebEm, a BBC Micro and Master 128 emulator that enables you to run BBC Micro software on your PC; and instructions for getting started with both BeebEm and Elite."

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

What Genre Of Game is This

View Results
FLOPPotatoY
SPotAtoCE
Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Frontier: Elite or Elite: First Encounters are better oldies, but wow, such good memories !

4 years ago

Yes , but also if i own elite dangerous i still play first elite too,i feel it different and had fun with it ^_^ thank you for your comment i agree with you very good memories also if with some ctuctuctu ctuctuctu bad sound for me hahaha the ***** floppy hahaha.
The funny thing is the first elite also if more years ago has better galaxy map than no man's sky hahaha ( i mean about the fact that in elite you can see all the planets names when you open the galaxy map,but in no man's sky no only you can see the name of 1 planet when you select it)

4 years ago*

You're right for the map. If I remember well, it was considered a technical performance back in old days.
Now I feel the need to hear again the sound of Night on Bald Mountain played by the midi chip of some Atari ST :-)

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

You have to actually "purchase" the game for $0, so you need to create an account with them. Thank you, but I'll pass.

Also, it seems to be the first BBC Micro B release, which does not include any missions. Their choice to give away this version, not the later PC version, makes it look more like a teaser, than a real celebration. Quite disappointing and a bit sad :(

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.