Today my father got the news he got bladder cancer, but thankfully a non agressive form and very treatable, and a good friend gifted me final fantasy 10 today (while just a few weeks ago he also gifted me final fantasy 6).

What are you thankful for today?

Sorry no giveaway, maybe later.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

That I have food, roof above my head, clothes, ok health, mother, and small car.
Yes, sorry, I hope all will go well with your father.

8 years ago*

At 10:30 pm last night I started getting some bad stomach pain. Between 1:30 and 2:30 in the morning I threw up 4 times. Stomach was still hurting and I eventually got to sleep at 4.

When I woke up I was thankful to be feeling a lot better.

All the best to your father.

8 years ago

If that happens more often, be sure to check it out, even if something passed, always better to be save then sorry.

And thanks.

8 years ago

That you know who our lord and saviour, Gaben have made a miracle called Steam
If Steam isn't here today
There's no saving for all of us xD

Joke asides
My glad your father's cancer is curable, hopefully he recover as soon as possible
Hmm maybe you can play FF10 with your father now? :)

View attached image.
8 years ago*

You really think life would have been that bad without steam? :p
To think i had a firm believe (like alot of others) that steam was so evil in the beginning.

Thank you :) not sure how you can play an rpg such as FF together though (would be cool co-op FF). nor is he much of a gamer.
From what i tried my card is also enough just for the lowest settings, you also need a hefty graphics card if you want to set everything high, i'd probably save it till i get a better pc, if ever.

8 years ago

No Ofc yes, no steam no life! :3
They're evil, but still.. I'm grateful, kinda-ish xD

You could let him play FF and confused while you're laughing xD
Or you could play and let him watch (not while you're grinding though)
You don't have to be a gamer to play good old FF
Also FF is more single player game, so that's not going to happen :P

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

Agreed, no Steam no half-life!

8 years ago

I recently got diagnosed with androgenic alopecia :) and I'm just 18 but doctor said I got a few more months before I go completely bald so I got that going for me. bye bye girls :(

Hopefully uncle gets well soon :D and take care of him and yourself . ^_^

8 years ago

Dude, it's not bad at all. Do you think this guy is not drowning in pussy?

View attached image.
8 years ago

this definitely made my day. Too bad I don't play any instrument
Edit: emoji don't work on sg? We learn something new everyday .

8 years ago

Well, you can buy a Harley bike then, if you don't want to learn an instrument.

8 years ago

Commence operation cool bald guy :P

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

it'll take some getting used to, but don't let it hit your confidence and you'll do great. and think of all the money you save from haircuts!

8 years ago

I'm thankful for the giveaways.

8 years ago

nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 years ago

I'm thankful that I have job.
Best wishes for your dad.

8 years ago

Thank you.

8 years ago

I woke up.

8 years ago

I am thankful for this gigantic porksteak I'm having for lunch

8 years ago

Pretty much nothing. In fact I've been so depressed and pessimistic lately that the only thing that would make me thankful is if a random meteor fell on my head.

Anyway, hope your dad gets better fast and the treatment doesn't cost him too much. :)

8 years ago

Hm, unfortunately, nothing special happened to me today.
Maybe will i be thankful for a good Humble Bundle? :)
Anyway, i wish all the best to your father.

8 years ago

I am grateful that I got into good uni! There was a time when things weren't looking so good.
Also the MGS V price cut is pretty sick!
Nice to know your father's cancer is curable. Hope he gets better soon!
Also, new WL GA, you might want to check it out!

8 years ago

Thanks.

And thanks for mentioning it, it was a game i wanted so joined and added you to my list too.

8 years ago

np :)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Thanks, It is an awful situation on it's own but on top of it i also have my own health problems (heart discomfort) and a whole set of other problems so yeah altogether it has been alot (sometimes like there is no end to it), and the points of light are rare.

Sorry to hear about your cat, hope you can have a few more days with him and he isn't in any/much pain or anything, just give him alot of hugs.

8 years ago

Give your cat a kiss on my behalf q.q
And I hope, when his time has come, he will just peacefully fall asleep in your arms, without pain u.u
If I could do wonders... I would make our little friends immortal (and healthy of course).

8 years ago

For not getting shanked in the train statiton of a city that's completely unknown to me.

8 years ago

I'm thankful that I get to go to a nice home, to a computer that I earned money from a decent job and get to play doom that I fortunately won from here and probably get to talk and play games with friends tonight :3

All of those things I'm thankful for :)

8 years ago

I'm thankful that I have some people in my life that care about me even though I can be a piece of shit sometimes.

8 years ago

Sorry to hear that, hope your father medication goes well and less painful...

I'm just thankful for being alive =) Hm... it's too deep, maybe thankful for be able to drink my favourite milk everyday ^^

8 years ago

No problems on the dentist today

8 years ago

I'm happy to get home, because i was attending a concert in a city a little far from mine (130 km.). But I really hate that city where the concert was because well it just ugly :) and i was very grateful to see my hometown again.
P.S. Hans Zimmer created a beautiful music spectalce. Totally worth it to go to that ugly city which I abhor.

8 years ago

Family fight over an inheritance. It seems i have sleep in alley!

8 years ago

Hope your problems will get solved eventually.

8 years ago

I'm happy to live one more day, and I wasn't going to post anything but as I lost my dad 3 years ago to a cancer, I wish you and your family good luck and courage, specially to your father ;)

8 years ago*

Thank you and sorry to hear about your father.

Unfortunately. in this day and age the chances are high that oneself or a relative has to experience some form of that dragon, cancer.

8 years ago

I was not the person who was standing on the roadside with my car broken down. Thank God for that. P

8 years ago

Today? I'm thankful for one really good friend who's made me laugh and smile a lot lately. :)

8 years ago

I am thankful 2 Fallout 4 GAs, 2 Enter the Gungeon GAs, and a bit Dungeon II GA appeared on SG today.

8 years ago

I hope your father gets better soon ._. Mine died of cancer when I was 3 years old (that's far in the past, I know ^^") and I'm glad to hear that the cancer of your dad is treatable, in fact, I'm grateful that today, far more diseases are treatable and that it's less likely to lose someone dear.
And I hope your own health problems can be cured ö.ö

On top of that, I'm grateful for... a whole lot of other things. My cats, that love me unconditionally. Books and my ability to read. My friends that are so important to me. And my mother ^^" although we aren't always on good terms, I'm grateful to have her and for everything she's done for me.

8 years ago

Thank you and sorry to hear about your father (as for the past it would also depend on how old you are offcourse ^^.
Yeah just 20 years ago people were dying of aids, and they can now grow old, i am sure cancer will get better treatable more and more each day, i even heared stories about new ways that our own immune system could be triggered to fight it off, there is alot of new stuff coming.
I don't know exactly what my own stuff is, can't afford to have it checked out atm, but in ways i am also doing it to myself by drinking alcohol (not alot but even small amounts are bad for me) and even reading tarot (everytime i hit a card i get this cough but makes my heart bad, but the urge to know the upcoming future is important to me, wanting those good signs it gets better.
Like this mint butterfly (which is actually a moth) that was on our kitchen window for 4 days! only to disappear when i showed it to my father.

Good to hear you got alot to be thankful for and are blessed to have friends , a mother that loves you and back, not everyone has that too.

8 years ago

Let's just say it's been more than 25 years since he died ^^" I don't like talking about my age it's a girl thing, I guess
But yes, it's amazing how medical treatment developed during the last decades. Sadly, we find new diseases and conditions that are a result of our modern lifestyle, but that's actually a small price we have to pay for all the other advantages.
The only real downside is that some people aren't well educated and understeimate the dangers of certain diseases. Like when they think HIV is curable, or refuse to get their children vaccinated.
But I better stop thinking about stupid things ^^" otherwise I might just go on forever and ever...

You have to take care of you ._. not only for yourself, but also the people that love you. Hopefully the cards predict a bright future for you :3 The interesting thing about tarot is, in my opinion, that it's up to us to interprete a card. So there is no fix meaning, only what we make of it.

^^ I only have a few good friends (I can count them on one hand) but I've learned the hard way not to trust and therefor it takes a long time for me to actually believe that someone will stay by my side, no matter what, just like good friends do :3
I hope you also have such friends, preferably more than I do :) Friends and family members that help you through this hard time and also support you once you can have your heart checked out.
Maybe you can even consider these people as good signs for your own future. They want you in their lives, you are part of what they consider a brigth future. Losing you, or even seing you suffer would definitely make them sad. I mean ^^ I'm sure your father will get better for you, not only for himself and knowing that you love him gives him strength to fight. Same applies to the people we love, right?

But I talk too much (and my cat starts to chew on my hair x.x I better stop him)

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.