Hi people! :D

I'm currently thinking about doing a huge forum giveaway as I currently have 142 old bundle keys left and don't have enough time lately to try and trade them for other games (I crie evrietiem).
The fact that they come from old bundles makes me uncertain of which keys have and have not been activated yet (so far, about 80% worked) which in turn makes it impossible for me to give them away with normal GA's.
What do you guys think of this idea? if it gets good feedback I'll try to make time for it this weekend and otherwise I will definitely have time next weekend.

Thanks for any feedback and for your time :D

[Edit: I see there are still as many potato loving trolls here as 3 months ago XD]

[Edit 2: A decision has just been made :3 I'm currently waiting for extra giveaway slots from support so I can make an 84 wagons train with those games that can still be given away normally on SG. The thing however is that if the key doesn't work anymore in the end, the GA will be deleted as it's impossible for me to buy for example 20 of those games again just to give them to their winners, because I don't have money for that atm. The train will ofcourse only be made available here in the discussions so only people who read the rules can enter. I'll come up with another way to give the remaining games away :D]

[Edit 3: thank you kind unknown person that added me to his whitelist XD]

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Good idea, bad idea?

View Results
Good idea
Bad idea
Obligatory potato answer for the trolls among us :D

What is the Idea? :D

7 years ago

The idea is this:
I post the list of games here on the forums and than it's first come first serve. People of level 0 or level 1 get to choose 1 game each and people level 2+ get to choose 2 games each. Can't really put more time into it sadly :(

7 years ago

ah that sounds good :)

7 years ago

make sure to protect them from bots tho^^

7 years ago

no need to do that, as I will personally give the keys via steam to those who were fast enough, don't think people can use such complicated bots :P

7 years ago

or perhaps chat with somebody from the unlucky seven group - they may also have an idea on how to gift them to people who have so far been unlucky on SG :)

7 years ago

will think about it, I still know some people from the Unlucky-7 group :)

7 years ago

won't it be more funny to create such long train? xP

7 years ago

I'll throw another time consuming idea at you. Look at the wishlists of forum dwellers and send them the matching keys =) 1 per person =)

7 years ago

sorry, that's an idea I'm never really fond of, after all, there are a lot of people like me who never update their wishlists :P

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

I recommend you to use this this topic. Contact the author there and they may add it.

7 years ago

thanks for the recommendation, but I'd rather stick to my own giveaway, as I always wanted to make such a big giveaway once :P

7 years ago

I am just afraid that you will give it to ninjas or bots.

7 years ago

haha, you don't have to worry about that, I will ad everybody who asks for a game on steam to see if he/she actually activates it and doesn't try to scam me in giving more keys when the game didn't work :P

7 years ago

Assuming a key is used, if the winner doesn't mind isn't it possible to just ask for the removal of the giveaway?

I'm not familiar with these kind of circumstances...

7 years ago

if the winner doesn't mind, that wouldn't be a problem indeed, but there are enough people who would actually mind, so I'd rather play it safe

7 years ago

Mmmmh what if you make them private giveaways, and personally invite people?

Or whitelist maybe

7 years ago

It is the same. There are a lot of people who would still mark it as not received - no matter if they are from private GAs, public GAs or whitelist ones. It's dangerous.

7 years ago

quite a few trolls in here ;)

7 years ago

lol, just edited the main thread to say that XD

7 years ago

thanks for the positive feedback people :) I know what I'll be doing this weekend or next weekend

7 years ago

so you'll give the list of game and people will post comment for the key they want here based First come first serve & Level of people. I think it's good idea, Are you gonna contact the one first or they first (to check the key you'll giving to)

7 years ago

I'm going to contact everybody in order of their comments, if the game they choose doesn't work, I'll give them a new one, and of course, if the game they requested has already been chosen by somebody else, I'll let them choose a new one :D

7 years ago

@RedDevilMM, would you kindly trade me some of them? my wishlist is up-to-date :)
https://steamcommunity.com/id/MandalorTheDesperate/wishlist
I have different Steam items (cards, gems, refs)

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I support me getting free stuff, as always. (─‿‿─)
I wish there was a way to test your keys, but I don't know of any, sorry.

7 years ago*

Bump, sounds nice. Me likeeee free stuff. ;p

7 years ago

Let the hunger games begin!

7 years ago

Good idea can u tell me when it starts

7 years ago

Honestly, I can see this being a huge pain to manage.
I've done a rather small scale thing, and still found it a little overwhelming communicating with 10 or more users at once.
In this case, because it's a first come, first served, free-for-all, there will likely be hundreds of posts and hundreds of people desperately clamoring to get some free games.

I'd be inclined to put them in an SGTools train instead, clearly stating the situation in the OP and also something utterly unmissable in the description of each GA, like:

PLEASE NOTE:

THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE THIS KEY HAS ALREADY BEEN USED!

IF THE KEY DOES NOT WORK, I WILL HAVE TO DELETE THE GA AFTER IT COMPLETES!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

EDIT: Also, there's the question of fairness for users who don't happen to be here right when the event starts. Or, if you give advance warning of when it starts, that's an absolutely guarantee of pandemonium the instant the thread opens :D

7 years ago*

you know, as much as I'd like to agree with you, there are 3 reasons why I can't do that (yes, it sounds like a good idea and I wish I could do it)

1 - I only have 10 GA slots, so I would have to run GA's for like 2 weeks in a row every day

2 - about 20% to 50% of the keys aren't working if I follow the trend of the last 300 keys I've used for trades and my own account

3 - I wouldn't make such a risky train unless I get specific authorisation from SG support, because I don't want to end up having to buy copies of all those games again for the winners if it does go wrong for some reason

tho I do really like the idea, so thanks for your opinion :D

7 years ago

I see from your edit to the OP that you found a way to make it work :)

Also, if you have additional keys beyond those you're using in the GAs, then you have something to offer as a consolation prize for winners whose keys turn out to already be redeemed.

7 years ago

yeah, thanks for the tip :)

once I have the 84 GA slots available I'll start inviting all people that agree to the rules to my whitelist for the GA's (will make another topic for that)

7 years ago

You cannot delete a GA if the winner doesn't agree with it.

7 years ago

I don't understand where this potato thing comes from ? It's not funny or witty in any way, it just makes this site turn into 9gagger..

7 years ago

It's a meme that originated from Portal 2. You should know it since you have played it.

View attached image.
7 years ago

If you own the games yourself you can test if they work or not by just trying to activate them yourself.

7 years ago

Unfortunately, that doesn't work!

If you own the game, steam will only tell you it's already in you account - whether the key was used or not.

7 years ago

Are you sure the key invalid message doesn't take precedence over the already own message?

7 years ago

Yes, if you own the game it will tell you that first over if the key works or not.

7 years ago

Ah, bugger.

7 years ago

If a key isn't valid then steam will tell you it's not valid; if it's a valid, but already redeemed key for a game on your account, steam will only tell you the game is on your account, and will not tell you it has been redeemed.

7 years ago

Bump for a decision has been made (look at edit 2)

7 years ago

This one seems the most sensible choice. Although you should be aware that if the winner of a dupe key doesn't agree to a deletion, you would either need to supply a working key, or take a not received (or worse).

Use SGTools if you want to filter out "problematic" users.
Good luck!

7 years ago

support already told me that if people don't agree with deleting it, all that happens is that the game shows up as not received, that's the only consequence support told me about

ow, and sadly I have no idea how to use SGTools

7 years ago

Using basic SGTools filters is as easy as ticking checkboxes, while advanced filters need a deeper understanding.
Here's an example of SGTools giveaway dashboard, to show the basic filters:

View attached image.
7 years ago

Support already gave me a good solution without the need of SGTools, I just announce the giveaways and add the people that agree to the rules to my whitelist and make it a huge whitelist giveaway so I already have the agreements of everybody to remove the GA if the key turns out to be a dupe

7 years ago

Perfect!

7 years ago

"that the game shows up as not received"
this could lock you out from different groups and giveaways that used the sgtools option.

7 years ago

just responded to Mike90 with the newest solution I got from support ;)

7 years ago

that's a good idea :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

this weekend or next weekend, depending on how much time I have

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

no, most codes are from indiegala I think (just have them stuffed in an oversized word document full of keys, so don't really know for sure where they all came from)

and of course I'll let people know in advance, I'll announce it the moment I receive my 84 GA slots from support

7 years ago

I just got word from the kind person from support; I'll probably have the extra slots in 12 to 24 hours :D

7 years ago

So it is time to bookmark this thread. :)

7 years ago

haha, I'll probably close this thread the moment I receive my 84 GA slots to open a whitelist recruitment thread (so people follow the rulez :P)

7 years ago

So we will see in new thread. :D Maby I'll be whitelisted. ;P

7 years ago

Just gave u a whitelist

7 years ago

thank you kind person :3

7 years ago

Good luck with all of that(Wlisted)
Also, how many time do you think it will take you to get all that extra giveaway slots?

7 years ago

I honestly have no idea, the nice person from support that that I was talking with, has send my ticket to a moderator so he can add the slots to my account, but didn't gave me an estimated time, so I'll just be patiently waiting for that

(+ thank you for the whitelist :D)

7 years ago

Wlisted you. Good luck on your train, mate! :)

7 years ago

thank you very much for that :3

if you want, keep a look out for the W-list recruitment thread that's coming up as soon as I have my extra slots :D (can't ad you now yet, because I need to remember who accepted the rules :P)

7 years ago

Waiting eagerly for the train : )

7 years ago

for the fastest person to read this, I just got a key from HRK for Solar Flux for free and already have that game (and can't make a GA for it of course :P) so here you go: J5R8H-4QD69[REMOVETHIS]-QEVJC

7 years ago

Took it thank you

7 years ago

surprised it was still available :P

7 years ago

You're lucky, I logged in HRK to see if they had any games in the give away spot and it was empty for me. :(

7 years ago

I could I get my Potato Troll baked?

7 years ago

do we have an ETA?

7 years ago

all the information that's currently available is in the recruitment topic + it's first comment (I reserved that for special announcements)

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by RedDevilMM.