January 2023 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 31st, 2023: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 7th 2023: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Encased

• North America + Europe + Middle East + Australia: {sub/625030} - can be activated ONLY in North America + Europe + Middle East + Australia (confirmed)
  • Russia (and potentially Belarus): initially they did not receive the game (nor any other compensation) (source) but at later point in time a LATAM + SEA + RU/CIS key was added to their purchase page {sub/625032} + RUN LOCK (Russia confirmed)
  • LATAM + SEA + RU/CIS without Russia (and potentially without Belarus): {sub/625032} + RUN LOCK (SEA confirmed, Ukraine confirmed, LATAM confirmed)
  • China, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Taiwan: {sub/625031} + RUN LOCK instead if the sub allocated to other SEA countries (sub/625032) (confirmed)
  • Africa: ?
  • New Zealand: ?

OlliOlli World Rad Edition

Hokko Life

The Serpent Rogue

Everyone gets ROW keys for:
DOOM Eternal Standard Edition {sub/235874}
Tribes of Midgard {sub/270277}
Grow: Song of the Evertree {sub/484256}
Conan Chop Chop {sub/355045}

🔑 Full list of subs (Europe)
🔑 Full list of subs (Ukraine)
🔑 Full list of subs (China)
🔑 Full list of subs (Hong Kong)

Screenshots with the gift link notifications from a ROW purchase
Screenshots with the gift link notifications from a SEA purchase
Screenshots with the gift link notifications from a Hong Kong purchase

To PAUSE a month: go to this link -> Skip A Month

(or: Settings -> Manage Your Plan -> Skip A Month -> Continue -> Skip A Month)

Notes:

• DOOM Eternal is just the standard edition (does not come with the DLCs)
  • Hokko Life is out of stock in SEA, likely the keys were not available from the beginning (source)
    🌟 NEW 06 Jan 2023: Hokko Life is back in stock for SEA
  • OlliOlli World Rad Edition: customers from China receive the game twice: once as a region locked key {sub/674841}, and a second time as a WW key {sub/674845} (source)

▶ February 2023 Humble Choice leaks: here

🌟 NEW 2023-11-12: An activation date was added at some point for DOOM Eternal: the key must be redeemed before 2024-01-31.
🌟 NEW 2024-04-06: As of 2024-04-06, DOOM Eternal keys still work.

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
DOOM Eternal 91% of 142427 🏆 6.00 CV app/782330 W 0 $39.99
Tribes of Midgard 76% of 11618 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/858820 W 0 $19.99
Encased 79% of 3212 🏆 4.50 CV app/921800 W L 0* $29.99
OlliOlli World Rad Edition No user reviews - - 6.75 CV sub/674845 0 $44.98
Grow: Song of the Evertree 86% of 1196 🏆 3.75 CV app/1380420 W 0 $24.99
Conan Chop Chop 68% of 360 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/1061880 W 0 $14.99
Hokko Life 73% of 1235 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/824000 W 0* $19.99
The Serpent Rogue 71% of 78 🏆 3.00 CV app/1453790 W 0 $19.99

OlliOlli World Rad Edition is delivered as a single key that activates the following:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
OlliOlli World 95% of 555 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/1190170 W 1 $29.99
OlliOlli World: VOID Riders (DLC) 100% of 6 - - 9.99 CV app/1829830 W 0 $9.99
OlliOlli World "Close Encounter Skate Deck" (DLC) 100% of 1 - - 0 CV app/1759190 W 0 $ -
OlliOlli World Expansion Pass (DLC) 67% of 3 - - 14.99 CV app/1836410 W 0 $14.99
OlliOlli World: Finding the Flowzone (DLC) 0% of 1 - - 9.99 CV app/1829831 W 0 $9.99

Retail:

• $214.91

CV:

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

One plan for all
Starting Feb 01 2022, Humble Bundle offers only one plan, which will allow you to receive all the games included in that month’s lineup for the price of $11.99 (regional pricing may vary, see below):

USD EUR GBP AUD CAD NZD CNY RUB
Per month $11.99 €9.99 £8.99 AU$16.95 CA$14.99 NZ$17.95 ¥79 699₽
Per year $129 €109 £98 AU$179 CA$159 NZ$189 ¥850 7,459₽

Humble store discount:
The discount rate is based on how many consecutive months you had your subscription active, as seen below:

Consecutive Months Discount %
1 - 2 10%
3 - 5 15%
6 - 11 17%
12+ 20%

The stacking discount will reset back to 10% when skipping a month or canceling your Humble Choice membership.

Changes Coming to Humble Choice FAQ

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

🎊 Humble New Year! 🎊 Will it be a happy one or a sad one?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] Surely I'm not the only one to consider just DOOM Eternal and OlliOlli World an absolute steal at this price?
[Happy] Wow, this month’s lineup is totally RAD! I don’t even have to think twice before buying.
[Only with limited deal] If only I could get my hands on a $6 coupon to Chop-Chop the price, I’d be absolutely psyched about this month.
[Neutral] DOOM Eternal certainly is a must-have, but I’m a little torn about this bundle because it comes without its DLCs and the other games aren’t that interesting for me.
[Pause] This month is so bad that I can't even find a single reason to defend it. At least it gives me a chance to recover after December’s expenses.
[Disappointed, lineup] By now, I became immune to the monthly disappointment yet somehow it still feels sad every time I check the leaks or the full bundle contents.
[Canceling the subscription] Looks like the year started off on the left foot for the Choice bundles and frankly having to pause every month became tiresome.
[Accidental autocharge] Dammit, I forgot to pause this month. Yet again, my pile of unplayed games will Grow...

so no leak? we will have a surprise this time

1 year ago

possible leak as per billbill Kun tweet

February 2023 Humble Choice Headliners :
🔹Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
🔹Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
🔹Fallout 76

1 year ago

probably Thronebreaker will be a GOG key

1 year ago*

Game is on steam so.....

1 year ago

CD Projekt Red never gives steam keys to their published games, only GoG keys so...

1 year ago

...well...it's a steam key :D

aaaaaand gave me a giftable copy of witcher 1 enhanced upon activating it :D

1 year ago*

Nice. I'm happy to be wrong and hope this means CD Projekt Red will make steam keys of their other games eventually too.

1 year ago

That is the only game of interest to me among the three leaked games... and I have already played it to completion on GOG. If I were to keep it, that would only be for collection purposes on Steam. I hope we get a Steam key.

1 year ago

if this is true it might just be the worst choice month ever

AND before anyone says it's not bad three games that have the rpg tag is not a good mix of games to anyone - why can't they ever change it up more like more sports games or visual novels or anything - not just RPG games all the time

1 year ago*

Why? Even with all the backlash F76 got, it's quit a fine game. IMO if other reveals cover other genres and or not just pointless fillers this would just be another average bundle

I mean pathfinder is not really among genres I play, but it would be fun to try out or give away... so here already the worth of the bundles comes out. If you simply don't like the genres then it doesn't make it "the worst"

btw - RPG tag is pointless at this point since all three games are completely different. That tag simply means nothing here since every game in existence is being called RPG now.

1 year ago

i guess your right about the RPG tag but i do wish they had a game with a bit more "colour" if i could pick i'd love to see
https://barter.vg/i/145647/
or
https://barter.vg/i/22136/?

1 year ago

🔹Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous ------------- never heard of it till today
🔹Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales ----------- bought this when it came out
🔹Fallout 76 --------- why even

1 year ago

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous was one of the best RPGs released that year, the prequel is awesome too, if you really like dragon age origins (took a pic at your profile hehe) I think you will love these two games, I am telling you this as a DAO fan myself

1 year ago

so its got a prequel - does it need to be played first or can you get into this game without any context of other games?

1 year ago

It's not a prequel story-wise, just the game the devs made before this one. That's said the two games take place in the same world, but in different parts of the continent in different nations.
There are some minor characters and some mentions here and there and also a side character makes a return, but it doesn't mention anything about the first adventure.

1 year ago

You will lose out on some obscure reference that is not at all relevant to the main plot of the story. I wouldn't even say Kingmaker is a prequel. They just happen to share the same universe.

1 year ago

Comparing it to DAO is giving me that itch to want to replay DAO but it also makes me very curious about pathfinder.

Thanks will watch some vids on it and get it when the monthly goes on discount like normal.

1 year ago

Pathfinder is awesome

1 year ago

So bad...

1. Not my cup of tea, would preffered "Songs Of Conquest" instead.
  2. GOG Key for sure.
  3. Fallout 76 - Given away for free with Twitch Prime.
1 year ago

the pahtfinder game looks awesome, but I already own thronebreaker and yeah will be a gog key for sure, and not interested in an mmo.

1 year ago

I like RPGs, so Pathfinder would be nice to have in the library. I like Fallout also, but have Fallout 76 already, but if it's a steam key, I can make a giveaway. Let's see what the other games in the bundle are. And with a discount coupon this would be very awesome.

1 year ago

easy cancel

1 year ago

🔹Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Looks to be another woke trash with gameplay limiting "features"
🔹Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - This one does look cool
🔹Fallout 76 - Amazing game. Playing on Gamepass and the stories are OK (multiple main quests, many side and minor quests) but actual player events are fun (but too much grinding).

1 year ago

Looks to be another woke trash with gameplay limiting "features"

Ah, what would a forum be without its clowns.

1 year ago

if you can prove them wrong, do it, otherwise you look like the clown

what i read seems to give merit to their claims (assuming "woke trash" means anything woke, as opposed to woke and trash independently)

1 year ago

"Prove me that something doesn't exist that someone else claims would exist." Amazing logic.
Just in case you don't get the flaw in that logic there, you might want to try proving me that aliens don't exist.

Edit: Just for the lolz, some people debated the "wokenss" here and settled that it is woke because the most powerful characters are female.Amazing.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/0/3395164262981171094/

1 year ago*

Response of that thread "It fits the defination of woke. Most of the men in this particular game, are usually inept, or are a complete joke. The main story revolves around the females. Most item descriptions feature you as a female.
That said, I really enjoy this game regardless. I do not regret this purchase one bit."

If that's true It seems that the game really is woke trash. But hey, if you enjoy it, more power to you.

1 year ago

If that would be true, it would be a possible example for misandry. Not wokeness. But I guess people associate anything they want to labels these days.

1 year ago

Yeah, I partially agree, misandry is the double standard of wokeness. Like it or not, that's not gonna change.

1 year ago

you forgot about the inclusion of gays and trans and the racism = evil

basically every aspect of wokeness that i can think of is there

edit: thanks for blacklisting me 🤡

1 year ago*

Aha, indeed. Thanks for not adding anything valuable.
A game with a girl and gay power vibes on your face would be considered woke and usually have garbage writing quality (and reviews prove it).
Writing is the core of an RPG and if it sucks, it's a trash game.

1 year ago

I can attest that Witcher Tales is a really good and lengthy game.

1 year ago

Yeah, wanted to buy it later but with my yearly plan ($7 a month), it looks good.

1 year ago

Surprisingly a very good bundle imo.

1 year ago

February games just revealed. Pretty nice selection.

1 year ago

Well, leaks were legit it seems.

Still on the fence about the Feb Choice though, haha.

1 year ago

"Keys are temporarily exhausted" for OlliOlli World Rad Edition. At least for NA users?

7 months ago

🌟 2023-11-12: An activation date was added at some point for DOOM Eternal: the key must be redeemed before 2024-01-31.

5 months ago*

I take you meant 2024?

5 months ago

That's, concerning. Wonder if they will do that for all games perhaps? Crack down on the traders by making the games have a timer on activation. Then they can't wait for the price to rise like they usually do.

5 months ago

Maybe they will do that for high value games but they cannot do it across the board because sometimes it takes them months or even years to deliver bought games with all these out of stock messages.

5 months ago

Looks like it's only games from Bethesda, so most likely it's Bethesda pushing this.

5 months ago

if they do that they can remove maybe about 50% of their sales with it - i mean is this even legal to to add a stipulation after you bought the product from them?

5 months ago

Doesn't seem illegal since that Jingle Jam bundle has activation deadlines as well for I think all games in it. Honestly, this would probs be a good way to combat resellers, given that the price of the games in a Monthly won't be able to rise for them to make any sort of profit. And I bet most people just use what they want and give the rest to friends or in GA. There are those that trade the games they don't use (me included in the past), but since that is against Humble's ToS, you can't complain that you won't be able to do it. So, we will see. I don't think it will affect them too much if they do it. But I do wonder how they will handle keys being out of stock in these situations. That would be interesting to see.

5 months ago

yes but didn't they mention them before buying the jingle jams not after

5 months ago

Oh, i meant for Humble doing this for future stuff, not going back and retroactively doing it. Dunno why they are doing this now for already bought games tho.

5 months ago

Of course in the future that would be ok if at the begging of the monthly they told you in advance of buying what the use by date is then i could accept that

5 months ago

I was on my way to post about this.
They are sneaking in these deadlines without even a fair warning/reminder to buyers.

5 months ago

Question is if the deadline is just to reveal the key (and save it somewhere else) before Humble removes it from your account (yes, they will remove it even if you had revealed it), or if the keys are going to be revoked by the developer/publisher.

5 months ago

You have to actually redeem/use the key.*
If the deadline expires and you don't reveal it and support feels generous they may give you a replacement if you ask.
However if you reveal it, then no matter what, they will not give you a replacement key.

5 months ago*

He meant redeeming to your Steam account, not just revealing on HB page.

5 months ago

If the deadline expires and you don't reveal it and support feels generous they may give you a replacement if you ask.

They never felt generous with me, I guess. One time I even had to contact the publisher of a particular software and they gladly gave me replacement keys (I sent them proof of purchase) when Humble just gave me the middle finger. They also told me that the licenses I purchased on that bundle would have worked fine if it wasn't for Humble denying me access to them.

However if you reveal it, then no matter what, they will not give you a replacement key.

Even if you reveal it, they might simply remove the key from your purchase page after the deadline. I still remember the "Domina" fiasco (and that one didn't even have a deadline for redemption, it's just that Humble decided what was politically correct for all of us).

So, for Humble, a deadline might mean:

1. If you didn't reveal the key, you won't be able to do so afterwards.
  2. Even if you revealed the key, we will block you access to it after the deadline
  3. The publisher might or might not revoke all unused keys after the deadline
5 months ago

Did they send an e-mail about this? I never got one.

5 months ago

I got an email from them.

5 months ago

I just received the email myself. Doesn't affect me since I used the key already but figured I'd bump the thread up to warn people that haven't seen this info.

3 months ago

I never recieved an email ethier. What subject title do they have

3 months ago

The one I got is titled, "Humble Choice DOOM Eternal game keys expire soon ⏳ Heads up!"

The text inside, for anyone curious: "A friendly heads-up that game keys for DOOM Eternal, which was part of your January 2023 Humble Choice monthly mix of games, are expiring January 31, 2024.

If you haven’t already done so, reveal your key today so you don’t miss out on your game. If you already revealed your key, you can disregard this notification."

3 months ago

Thank you.
I will query why I was never sent any messages like that

3 months ago

Hi, just reveal the key to prevent it from expiring?

2 months ago

It might expire today/tomorrow even if you reveal it. Don't redeem it at your own risk.

2 months ago

I can't say for sure. The wording makes me believe it'll expire either way but I have no way of knowing.

2 months ago

Not dead just yet... Again I was lied to...

2 months ago

Redeemed Doom Eternal today.

2 months ago

A Doom Eternal key was just successfully revealed and activated today (April 6, 2024)

2 weeks ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.