https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/giveaways-en?ncid=so-twi-gcxcswfmrgw-22325

To be eligible for the giveaway make sure you’re signed in to the latest version of GeForce Experience before September 25th, and shortly thereafter we’ll let you know via an in-app notification if you’ve been selected for 1 of the 50,000 Shadow of Mordor game codes.
*Restrictions may apply

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

You need to install Geforce Experience client.

"HOW WILL I KNOW IF I RECEIVED A GIVEAWAY?
Our giveaways are delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client on September 26."

6 years ago

if they was giving mordor 2 then maybe I will install this crap, but this one: that was free on weekend, then -80%off, then bundled, now here some shitty 50k giveaway NO WAY

6 years ago

So... you'd only download an Nvidia app if you get a $60 product? You're an odd specimen.

Not to mention how amazingly hilarious it is that you think that giveaways are worse if they have more keys.

6 years ago

its you odd specimen, as in my comment I just want to say, that I don't want to take part in their gamble, coz there are ONLY 50k keys of this CHEAP game so this not even worth it

6 years ago

One, you should realize that there will be at best 70k entrants. Most likely less than 50k. So it's a gamble as much as buying groceries and finding a spoiled banana is. Yes, there's a chance that you'll be unlucky, but the chance ranges from certain to almost certain.

And two, "cheap game"? Really... The 20€ game that even with a discount is 5€ or so. The game that has very positive reviews, extremely good reputation, good gameplay and a unique setting... The game that was named game of the year by so many publications.

Either you have extremely high expectations from free mass giveaways or you genuinely have so much money and such extreme necessities when it comes to games that nothing excites you anymore.

In any case, your expectations are impossible to fill. It's your right to have those expectations, but you're just ruining it for yourself. So many good games being given away, but your interest to criticize anything that could inconvenience or not satisfy you to the bone is just making it harder for you to find fun in this.

6 years ago

I assume it's not a steam key?

edit: I was wrong, see below.

6 years ago*

where you activate it then?

6 years ago

It might be cog version or even worse (Cd key for disk version which is selling as retail keys)

6 years ago

Basing it on this thread: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/NlKfP/nvidias-bundled-game-codes-can-no-longer-be-sold-or-given-away

Though it isn't clear how that system works, or if they're still doing it.

6 years ago

Says it's a steam copy on the article about it in the GeForce Experience client.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Hmm, don't see any news in my geforce experience, i think that my gtx 260 is too old XD

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Agreed. Since my old harddrive crashed recently, I have a fresh Win installation, not interested in adding that spy/bloatware.

6 years ago

+1
I would have sign under every word if i could

6 years ago

it's actually descent software. it simplifies the driver installation, which is nice. and it adds useful tools like shadowplay.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

you know that you said the software is going down - so possibly indicating that it is getting worse :) (made me chuckle - but I get that you meant decent)

6 years ago

fuck, i always mix up those two. xD

6 years ago

@ : - P

6 years ago

Each to their own, I suppose. I remember checking it out once and found there's no real benefit. I can install my graphics drivers just fine without it - only the drivers, no VR stuff, no update manager and stuff. I rather tweak a few settings by myself, than have another background process running. What's worse, it's tied to an online account, spying and passing on information about my system. I guess, many people don't really care, when there's an online shop built into the operating system and all your propriety software constantly providing feedback to the manufacturer. So sure, if you find it useful, go for it, take the free game and enjoy. I still think, decent software only rarely comes with online feedback.

6 years ago

well, the benefit regarding the drivers is obviously that you get informed when there's a new one and that you can install it with a click. it also won't force you to install "VR stuff". it's your choice if you do a simple one-click installation or if you want to choose the components to install. the benefit of shadowplay should be obvious, right? super-simple video capture, easy to use and probably the least taxing solution on your hardware. it's just a really good tool.

i don't really care about online feedback as long as it's anonymous. and even if it's not - if the worst thing that can happen is personalized ads instead of random ones, i really couldn't care less.

btw, i also don't care about the free game. have it since launch anyway. ^^

6 years ago

obviously that you get informed when there's a new one and that you can install it with a click.

Yeah, I only install a new one, when there's something broken or when I have a new game, that drives my system to the limit.

super-simple video capture, easy to use and probably the least taxing solution on your hardware. it's just a really good tool.

That may be true. I still wouldn't know, for what purpose I would need a video capture software in the first place.

it also won't force you to install "VR stuff"

Which I wasn't implying. My point is, the bare driver without any additional stuff works just fine for me.

i don't really care about online feedback as long as it's anonymous. and even if it's not - if the worst thing that can happen is personalized ads instead of random ones, i really couldn't care less.

I'm pretty much certain, it's not. Why would they go through all the hassle with NVIDIA online accounts, if their data collection was really anonymous? And yeah, that's the thing: I do care about ads, in general. I don't want all that stuff on my system, I don't want the manufacturer of my video card to know which software I have installed, since when, how often and when I use it. It's none of their business. Again, these days, people more or less accepted, that there's ads and feedback everywhere, there's an online store here and a program there, sign up for this, join and share that, it's fast, it's easy and you'll get goodies, great. Brave new world.

6 years ago*

Yeah, I only install a new one, when there's something broken or when I have a new game, that drives my system to the limit.

i buy a lot of new games, so for me it usually makes sense to update anyway.

sure, if you don't need it you don't need it. that doesn't make it bloatware, though. ;)

Which I wasn't implying. My point is, the bare driver without any additional stuff works just fine for me.

which is fine. just wanted to point out that experience doesn't force you to install any of the additional drivers.

I'm pretty much certain, it's not. Why would they go through all the hassle with NVIDIA online accounts, if their data collection was really anonymous?

a theory: they had free games with their graphics cards for quite a while. they were not happy that people sold their keys on ebay and trading sites. i know they weren't because after a while they started sending out emails and asking people where they bought the code. they don't want people to resell those games. so they introduced accounts, and shortly after that they bound the games to these accounts and made it very difficult to resell them. so maybe the reason for the accounts was simply that they wanted to stop the reselling (which the publishers probably pressured them to do). so, what makes my theory less viable than yours? ;)

Again, these days, people more or less accepted, that there's ads and feedback everywhere, there's an online store here and a program there, sign up for this, join and share that, it's fast, it's easy and you'll get goodies, great. Brave new world.

we have these ads because those websites somehow have to make money. and since everybody thinks the internet is free, they get that money with advertisement and in some cases data collection. say thanks to all the people who think all content should be free. who don't understand that someone has to work in order to create that content. and that someone has to get paid somehow.

6 years ago

so maybe the reason for the accounts was simply that they wanted to stop the reselling (which the publishers probably pressured them to do). so, what makes my theory less viable than yours? ;)

That's most certainly an added benefit for them. Most likely both theories are true. The fact, that people basically pay for a game bundled with their video card and are restricted from giving it away or selling it, is entirely different topic though. It's one of those things that only goes with digital distribution.

we have these ads because those websites somehow have to make money. and since everybody thinks the internet is free, they get that money with advertisement and in some cases data collection. say thanks to all the people who think all content should be free. who don't understand that someone has to work in order to create that content. and that someone has to get paid somehow.

That is a valid point for many websites on the internet. We're talking about NVIDIA though, people already paid for the web infrastructure when buying their video cards. And even in case they need extra earnings for their websites, that still not give them the right to spy on their customers.

6 years ago

spy/bloatware? wut? GE is actually a decent piece of software.

6 years ago

is limited but i presume this game will be on free list .
bad time , only one day after the bundle very positive 2 ...

6 years ago

Humble is the GotY version, this seems to be the standard version?

6 years ago

i didn't see , yes it's fine it's the same id (goty is just the base game + goty upgrade/season pass ) but we can choose goty or base game when we create giveaway . No problem then .

6 years ago

It's the GotY edition:

View attached image.
6 years ago

Aw snap. Time to jump ship on all our Humble copies.

6 years ago

thanks for info 🍬 sadly i can't enter with my laptop 😧

NVIDIA GeForce Experience requires an NVIDIA GPU

6 years ago

And most likely only latest versions of those.

6 years ago

Nah, I have an old GTX 560 and Nvidia Experience supports it.

6 years ago

It's not about app support, it's about eligibility for giveaway.

6 years ago

Where does it say it requires a specific GPU?

6 years ago

I didn't bother to know where exactly this time, but in one of previous giveaways it was somewhere in the giveaway registration.

6 years ago

Are you sure you are not mixing it up with only certain GPUs being able to redeem promotional free games (which are included in the box of those GPUs)?

6 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure.

6 years ago

im to lazy to install that app and i have it the game :)

6 years ago

So it's not a Steam key but for GeForce Experience?

6 years ago

GeForce Experience is NOT a DRM I believe. However, it does have it's own way of redeeming keys, for which I think will add to your steam account.

6 years ago

so, I already have GeForce Experience installed from a few months ago. They'll send me a notification? No entry system whatsoever?

6 years ago

Nice. Just got myself a Nvidia video card today :-)

6 years ago

I already had installed Geforce Experience, what I have to do for recieve it ?

6 years ago

You have to read the f*cking article.

6 years ago

I have read it, my english is not very good and I did not see that anything had to be done appart of install Geforce Experience.
Sorry if my comment disturbed you...

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

oh ok! really thx ^^

6 years ago

I'm being a dick for telling someone to read the actual article. Haha. Spot on mate.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

The article is pretty clear about it.

"We’re giving away 50,000 Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor game codes to GeForce Experience community members!"
+
"Being a member of the GeForce® Experience™ community means you can get a ton of great giveaways"
+
"Our giveaways are delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client on September 26."

What more do you need? A drawing? An explanatory video?

Maybe you just lack reading comprehension like OP. Everybody is so sensitive and trying to be politically correct. It's sickening.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

It's not windy at all. You should try it sometimes. Living in the gutter must be exhausting.

6 years ago

Oh so cute. Trying so hard to look superior and more successful on a gaming site

6 years ago

You could have said it nicer but instead you got aggressive for no reason.

6 years ago

You're a dick for telling it with bad manners.

6 years ago

its a shame your attitude isnt something that a mod can suspend you for lol

6 years ago

I know right? Attitude should be punished. Welcome to communism. F*ck outta here with this shitty mentality.

6 years ago

you can be toxic all you want. no one can stop you.

6 years ago

Exactly.

6 years ago

You have to read the f*cking article.

Maybe you just lack reading comprehension like OP

yes, you absolutely are being a dick right now. no idea how that is not clear to you. but you are. and it's quite ironic that you complain about being told that. you complained about everyone being so sensitive, and now you're the sensitive one. yep, funny.

6 years ago

they just "copy-pasted" what you can read on the website. so i dont know how the user's mind work. he can understand comments, but websites are too hard maybe. also google translator is a very good friend. btw as i know sg users, i bet you got some blacklists too. :)

6 years ago

if he doesnt understand it from the site, how he should understand your words?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Yes you explained it really good, thanks to your comment I understood that it was a raffle, not an instant winner of the key only for installing GeForce Expirience.
Thx again.

6 years ago

Please dont feed the trolls, everyone noticed that he is dick

6 years ago

I have an AMD card and I own the game.
Yet I tried.

View attached image.
6 years ago

lol

6 years ago

Haha, same! Got the same error message.XD

6 years ago

Thanks for save me. I almost try.

6 years ago

Thanks for the tip, wonder if these will be Steam keys. Warner doing everything possible to promote the new Shadow game, damn

6 years ago*

No thanks. Removed GE back when they updated to 3.x and using OBS with NVENC instead ever since.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

wow people hate GE? I have been using it and seen no downsides so far ._.

6 years ago

I would also like to know why, so far it has always done what it promised, at least for me.

6 years ago

Nvidia enforced a log-in system on GeForce awhile back when it had been log-in free since the introduction of the GPU helper program. There was hate about that.

6 years ago

That's it? We already have a bunch of other programs asking us to log in and mining our data, as long as they're only interested in keeping track of who has which type of hardware and making statistics based on performancce I'm fine with it. After all we already are using Steam that can be seen as a fancy leash around the neck of our games libraries despite having the option to use alternatives like GOG that let us do whatever we want with our stuff, a bit of a double standard.

6 years ago

It's a pretty useful program. I use it for gamestream co-op and easy driver updates. People call it bloatware, but most of it's features are good.

6 years ago

the downside is its useless. it eats ram and cpu. while you can get better results in nvidia panel options, or ingame options.
its just a program, wich makes you feel your computer is better. just like "cleaner" programs.

6 years ago

I like how their bloatware is so unpopular that they feel the need to bribe customers to install it 👀
I guess we're lucky they don't just force it upon us, like they do with their telemetry (which you can disable in the Services control panel, FYI - it needs to be done every time you update your drivers though)

6 years ago

Thanks for reporting this. I have GeForce Experience, I find it useful as when it detects certain games (HL2, Witcher 2, Arkham games, TR, DmC, etc.), it will determine the optimal settings and save them for you.

Also, I don't have Shadow of Mordor yet, so I've got my fingers crossed lol.

6 years ago

I already have GeForce experience installed (I actually like it, is really good for recording gameplay), but I'm not quite sure if I have to do something extra besides keeping it updated and being logged in. Would be nice to get the game for free, good thing I haven't upgraded yesterday's bundle to BTA yet :P

6 years ago

I don't know what I should do.

6 years ago

We're in the same boat, I'll just wait and hope I get lucky :)
The page doesn't really explains it in detail, they should be a bit more clear on how it works.

6 years ago

Unfortunately I have already have this game on my GE Force Client, so I hope they have a giveaway in the future, it will be a game that I don't actually have yet.

6 years ago

So you just need to login to count as an entry?

6 years ago

Though 50,000 sounds like a lot there are far more users of GeForce Experience than that. I won't be disappointed if I don't get a key but I'm sure many will be crying about it after the giveaway is over.

6 years ago

Honestly, I'd rather pay $5 to buy it than install that crappy bloatware again or risk the plethora of network stuff it does being hacked. No thanks.

But then again, I already bought the game.

6 years ago

But is GOTY edition?

6 years ago

yes

6 years ago

they are promoting the new game hard O_o

6 years ago

Yea madam and I hope they give it away for free , like Payday 2 and Saints Row 2 for example

6 years ago

Yeah, no. GFE lower performance. It may not matter to someone who uses 1080 and such, but my meager 930M laptop appreciates the difference, even if it's just 2-4 FPS. I uninstalled GFE, witnessed the increased performance, and never look back.
Already have Mordor anyway.

6 years ago

Tnx for the heads up.

6 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by MeeMesmo.