Also, $13,59 is the cheapest price for x-com ?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Here Cheapest price... for now...

1 decade ago

I just started playing (I won it) and its awesome and from what I see now its definitely worth it :D

1 decade ago

It was cheaper in the past, at least once, on Nuuvem. And it will probably get way cheaper in the future.

As for whether it's worth it, I can't say, but it depends on how wealthy you are and how much you like the genre.

1 decade ago

If you like turn based strategy then you will probably enjoy this.

1 decade ago

For me it's not as much fun as the original but I have put more then 40 hours into the game and it definitely has its moments. Just got myself the slingshot DLC 10 min ago. I'll probably have another go at hard+permadeath soon.

1 decade ago

If you like stuff like front mission, you should enjoy the game. Most people I've seen get into it have at least 40 hours logged into it. There's a demo of it on steam in any event, if you like the demo, you should enjoy the game from what I've seen.

1 decade ago

One of my favourite games. Totally worth it

1 decade ago

Thanks for answers.

i love genre and I'll definitely buy it yet i have some doubts about its price...

Summer sale will be the right time to get it, then ;) (maybe $10 with dlcs).

1 decade ago

Nothing to see here. Move along people.

1 decade ago

it's worth even more :)

1 decade ago

Absolutely, great game.

1 decade ago

Yes, definitely

1 decade ago

~ 8 USD for me, maybe buy it.

1 decade ago

Awesome game, worth it.

1 decade ago

If you liked the original XCOM series, don't play it. Your eyes and brain will bleed.

1 decade ago

finished both old ufos (xcom) ... and totally loved the new remake too... so...

1 decade ago

really? it's a totally watered down console-ish ripoff... it has nothing of the complexity that made x-com so great :/ no inventory, no customization, no base building, no random maps, a pretty much useless geoscape... :/

1 decade ago

My favorite part of the old X-COMs is the actual combat -- it has that.
And it has a bit of inventory (yes, nowhere near as much as the originals). And a bit of base building (yes, very watered down compared to the originals). And a bit of customization (not sure what you mean here, but I liked being able to name all the soldiers after my friends, nicknames included -- appearance and voice customization was quite lacking though). And the maps are definitely randomized, although very short on tileset variety.

Saying it has "no" whatever is inaccurate. Saying they stripped them of all the detailed complexity of the originals would be fair.

In any case, I loved the game.
Jagged Alliance 2 is still my TBS high-water mark, but the new XCOM is perfect for when I don't feel like getting mired in all the details -- it's great for jump-in-and-play without having to labor over the meta-strategy element (bases, resources, income, and sector/map defense, although the first three are still present).

Also, to the OP -- do research first before getting the DLC -- though I loved the game, I still haven't bought the DLC because I think it's seriously overpriced for what it is.

1 decade ago

And despite of all that, I love this XCOM: EU. Great game.

1 decade ago

cheapest it's ever been, during the christmas sale it was $33 and on Amazon lowest was $20 during Christmas,

IMO it was worth it at full price, and at this price i'd buy it in a heartbeat if i didn't already own it with the dlcs.

it's my first xcom game too, i've heard that it's got things missing in the original xcom like an inventory system, but i'm not really bothered with that.

learning the game is the easy part, beating the game is the hard part, though once you beat the game a couple times on the harder difficulties there are other options and mods to make it even more difficult

1 decade ago

Amazon will have it for $9.99 later this month. So might want to wait.

1 decade ago

Bought it at $33, worth every penny.

1 decade ago

Loved it at full price. I was also a massive fan of the originals, still GOAT in my book. However, this game, with its many flaws, was worth it at $50 in my book. True, I'd probably like it more if it wasn't named "XCOM", because all that does is invite the comparisons.

Also, this is the cheapest, but will in all likelihood be cheaper relatively soon from GMG, Amazon, etc., maybe even the steam sale. So if you can wait, wait.

1 decade ago

Purchased it at 20 bucks, didn't regret it. Great game comes with great price. Oh wait...

Well... it's a great game for sure.

1 decade ago

i have to confess i tend to fall for the dlc trap and was actually looking forward for slingshot dlc on deal..
must resist..

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by ctv35.